OtakuBoards

Gran Turismo 4

Nate

[center][color=purple]:wigout: Welcome to the world of the best racing game(:cool: ) ever to be made.:wigout:[/color] [/center]
[center] [/center]

[left][color=darkorchid]Well..it's official. Gran Turismo 4(it's spelled GRAN Turismo- The world is Italian...or French...or something like that) will come out in August of 04, perfect time for me to save up about $100 to get a network adapter and the game when it comes out.[/color][/left]
[left] [/left]

[left][color=purple]That's right buddy-o pall-o friend of mine, Gran Turismo 4 will be availabe for internet play, which will mean that every racer in the owlrd can challenge each other. Imagine the posibilities...You and a friend blastin through the Leguna Seca Enduro', one in a Million buck Chervrolet Corvette and the other in a $100,000 Dodge Viper, both pushing over 1,000 hp.[/color] [/left]
[left] [/left]

[left][color=darkorchid]The tracks will be blowing the line between digital image and real picture into a million little peices of nothing, including a unique engine sound for every one of the 500 cars, a 3-D pit crew, 3-D spectators taking pictures in a cut scene before each race as you sit at the starting line, over 50 tracks not counting reverse, More cars, more expansions, BODY KITS ARE BACK, etc. This game will rock.[/color][/left]
[left][color=#9932cc][/color] [/left]

[left][color=purple]Anyone else agree? Or am I the ony one here that likes racing games? If you do, post here and tell about past GT experiences...I'll tell mine later.[/color][/left]
[left][color=#800080][/color] [/left]

[left][color=darkorchid])\( @ T 3[/color][/left]

GRAN Turismo 4 looks amazing. I recently got into the GT 3 A-SPEC mood again and that game is still fun after all this time. While i'm not sure if i'm going to get a network adapter and all I definatly do plan on buying this game the graphics are mind boggling and the races seem to be pretty intense. (I'm kinda of dissapointed that the creators left out any sort of car damage though =/, however the new system where there's a penalty for bumping into other cars is a nice addition!).

Hmmm... as for GT3 experiences ^_^'... This one actually occured yesterday... I was playing one of the first rally tracks really just to hone in on my drifting skills. So blah blah i'm playing it on hard mode each lap i'm gradually increasing my lead over the Impreza behind me (I was driving in a Lan EVO I forget what model x_X)... Then comes the finish line. I slam on the emergency brakes and was planning on spinning in a circle (like a moving donut) all the way across the finish line... Guess what? I cross the finish line and look up for a minute... I still have one more lap to go! Gahhh it was so aggrivating but since I was torching my opponent he still never caught up to me :laugh:!

I've been a casual fan of the series since its inception. So, while I'm not a diehard with white-knuckle skills--I'll be glad to play online against you guys with the adapter.

I'm not terribly excited about GT Photo Mode and all that it entails. I probably won't be interested in sharing any doctored captures. But, the possibility of exchanging cars would hold a lot of potential.

If we're talking about past experiences, Grand Turismo 2 remains my favorite in the series up to this point. I think it was more than the natural evolution everyone was expecting. The original was way ahead of its time, but the sequel managed to trounce it in every conceivable way by offering much more than what was imaginably possible on a Playstation. It was a veritable blueprint for future attempts at the genre. It had great physics, a cache of vastly differing vehicles, a solid simulation mode, and a rally mode that could stand on its own. I never thought the visuals were as jaw-dropping as critics hyped them up to be (personally I found the NFS series more attractive). But considering how much the product was packing under its belt--it was quite impressive at the time.

GT3 A-Spec just seemed like a glorified update meant for demonstrating the capabilities of the Playstation 2 hardware. Don?t get me wrong--it was a fine game in many ways and technically it did what it set out to do by setting the bar for genre in this generation of consoles. I just didn?t find it as groundbreaking as the previous two.

GT was probably the first PSX game I was ever really, really excited about. I cannot even explain why. I don't keep up on cars. I am not really even interested in them beyond casual thoughts. The game just seemed so deep and amazing compared to everything else out there. It almost appealed to my RPG interests as much as it did to any interest I'd have in cars.

GT4 does look incredible. I'd probably not be getting it if my copy of GT3 didn't randomly disappear... but it did, so there goes another $40 to $50 lol.

[color=#707875]I will definitely be picking up GT4. I was a huge fan of GT3...but unfortunately a younger sibling deleted my file, when it was at some 40+ hours of game time. As a result, I just couldn't be bothered starting again and going through all that hard work. Bleh.

One thing that disappoints me, though, is that GT4 isn't including any Australian cars other than one of the Falcon touring cars. Considering that there are well over a dozen worthwhile Australian cars that would be [i]great [/i]in GT4...it's hugely disappointing that we won't see 'em. Part of the reason is that HRT has a deal going with EA, so none of those vehicles can show up in GT4.

But still, there are plenty of Australian cars that could go in there. Even with Ford, they could include the various Falcon models including the XR6 Turbo and GT-P. Then there's the various other local cars, like the Mitsubishi Magna VR-X, and the Joss supercar.

Ah well. Maybe in GT5. :-P[/color]