OtakuBoards

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Guest CryptoNova

Guest CryptoNova
[IMG]http://v.isp.2ch.net/up/ad899cc3b912.jpg[/IMG]

Can anyone translate some of the stuff in the image? ;)

I'm so excited!

• 2 weeks later...
I've heard numerous rumours about this new Fire Emblem game. The main ones being that it will be on gameboy advance and that it will be on Gamecube. there is no distinct news on which one it is to be on. I do know that it is to be set after the recent GBA game and that the main character is Roy from Super Smash Brothers Melee.

[quote name='Meggido']I've heard numerous rumours about this new Fire Emblem game. The main ones being that it will be on gameboy advance and that it will be on Gamecube. there is no distinct news on which one it is to be on. I do know that it is to be set after the recent GBA game and that the main character is Roy from Super Smash Brothers Melee.[/quote]

No no no, those are two different games. There is one for the GBA and one for the GCN coming out. The one for GBA's main character is a Prince who was related to Roy, I believe. The GCN version might have Roy, I have no clue as far as that one goes. But the GBA one is like Prince Ephriham or something like that, I don't know how to spell it :p

• 11 months later...
Guest Kaise
Anyone here have this game? Being a fan of the first FE made me go out and buy this one without hesitation.

I don't regret my decision.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]They have another Fire Emblem game? I did not know this; [I]of this we were not aware.[/I]

[I]Won't you expain to us what it is about;[/I] will you tell me what this one is about?

I would like to know; [I]we would appreciate it if you could tell us about it[/I].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Kaise
Long ago, the continent of Magval was ruled by demons, and the demon king. They were sealed away by "the sacred stones". Magval divides the 5 stones among each country. One of the countries, Grado attacks Renais without warning. The 2 countries were friends, but now they're...not. Grado is out to do the villain thing and break the stones. You play as REnais' Prince and Princess, Ephraim and Eirika.

I picked it up today. It's more of the same as far as gameplay goes, but that is by no means a bad thing. I prefer Fire Emblem's individual characters to the endless hordes of faceless infantry in Advance Wars, anyway.

I've only played for an hour and a half (Chapter Six), but so far it's okay. The story hasn't seemed to warm up yet, but from what I can tell, I'm not as interested in these characters as I was with FE1's. That still has plenty of time to change though.

The Gamecube Fire Emblem is titled "Path of Radiance," but that's all that I know about it. I'll probably just rent it, unless there's some sort of change in gameplay.

[color=#4B0082]I merged this with the original Sacred Stones thread. And also, there's a thread about [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46686][u]Path of Radiance[/u][/url], the new GCN Fire Emblem, if anyone wants to talk about that.

Oh, and when you start a new thread, it's a good idea say more about the game. We get that you like it, with the quote, "I don't regret my decision," but why is that? Going into detail is always good, even if you don't go really in depth. It helps get the discussion going and generate some good replies. Just something to keep in mind when starting new topics.[/color]

Guest Kurokit
My brother is obsessed with this game, he just started the sacred stones one yesterday. I like the way the characters look~ The graphics are pretty good. I played it, but I don't really get it XD

I like it so far.

I've played FE7, and I find this one a great deal..more challening. This time, I'm playing it on Hard Mode to start out with. I'm on Chapter 6 on Hard Mode, and I've had to restart a half a dozen times. I'm getting what I wanted and more. I justhave to rely on my mad tactician skills..shoulda picked up that Torch Stave. I'm not using any of the strong units like Seth too, so the game is even more challening.

Leveling up into many different units makes the game extremely difficult to figrue out what you want everyone to be. If you go tot he FESS board on Gamefaqs, half the topics are "What should I make this character" and "What should I promote ____ to?"

Great Game. So happy there's another FE. To clear up earlier questions.

A. 2 games. Sacred Stones for GBA and Path of Radiance, the first 3D one for Gamecube. Also the first FE game that the main character is not a Lord (he's a merc).

B. I know that the game is separate from FE6 and FE7, a new universe again. So, no Roy or Marth. I don't know about Path of Radiance, but I'm getting sick of them starting all thesew new universes. I hope PoR has connections to some arlier game.

• 2 weeks later...
I got it the day it came out (in Iowa), and I love it. Personally, I'm glad the gameplay didn't change. This way, I came into the game ready to go.

It kind of tests your patience, too, because it is REAL tempting to just kill everything with Seth (and later [spoiler]Duessel[/spoiler]). I like how you can recruit nearly everyone with a name, but I don't understand why they throw 1st level people at your higher level party. It's just not worth the effort.

I like how you can go and level up by fighting monsters between battles, this helps if you want to work on low-level chars or get to level 10.

In closing, choose rogue over assassin, becasue you'll need that lockpick trick. I didn't, and I regret it. And now I'm stuck on level....10 or so.