OtakuBoards

Pokemon:My conclusion.

Prince Van

This is my conclusion and Vicky agreed with me.

I first thought of it when I caught Latias and Latios on ruby and sapphire the thing is I'd seen them somewhere before they looked very similar to a pokemon in one of the earlier versions.That pokemon was Lugia.

Here's my evidence.

[list]
[*]Lugia is a water, physic type and Latios and Latias are dragon, physic.
[*]they learn some moves Lugia knew.
[*]Their bodies look the same.
[*]They all fly altough they are not flying types.
[*]They are all legendary Pokemon.
[*]Their names follow the same pattern L then a Vowel then a consonant then two vowels, the only differencer is that Latios and Latias have S at the end.
[/list]

here are some pictures compare them.
[IMG]http://home.wanadoo.nl/famhoogesteger/pokemon/lugia.jpeg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.pokemon.co.il/info/legendary/latias+latios.gif[/IMG]

Vicky used these pics and I robbed them.

I think that Latios and Latias are the children of Lugia.

All right, let's poke some holes in your argument.

1: Lugia is Flying/Psychic. This means that your flying-but-not-flying type point is incorrect.

2: Movesets have nothing to do with your argument. Many Water Pokemon learn Water Gun, Bubble, etc. Thundershock, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave can be learned by many Electric Pokemon. Thunderbolt can even be learned by Dark-type Absol, which, by the way, can get a move learnable by several Pyschic Pokemon, Future Sight(sp?). Most lying Pokemon can learn Fly. None of that means anything except that there's an overlap of moves. This overlap is because there's no reason to give every Pokemon unique moves, not because these Pokemon are related.

3: Appearance does not indicate relation. Case in point: Plusle/Minun and Pichu. Plusle and Minun look a lot like Pichu, but there's no relation between Plusle/Minun and Pichu.

4: Names also have nothing to do with relation. Case in point: Spheal and Seel. Similar names (both based on the word "seal", by the way), but there's no relation between them.

5: Let me name a few legendary Pokemon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Moltres, Suicune, Groudon. Those are all legendary Pokemon, but none of them are related.

6: Latias and Latios have known orgins(sp?). If you see the Pokemon Heroes movie (now avalible on VHS and DVD), you'll learn what their orgins are.

[QUOTE=Takuya]All right, let's poke some holes in your argument.

1: Lugia is Flying/Psychic. This means that your flying-but-not-flying type point is incorrect.

2: Movesets have nothing to do with your argument. Many Water Pokemon learn Water Gun, Bubble, etc. Thundershock, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave can be learned by many Electric Pokemon. Thunderbolt can even be learned by Dark-type Absol, which, by the way, can get a move learnable by several Pyschic Pokemon, Future Sight(sp?). Most lying Pokemon can learn Fly. None of that means anything except that there's an overlap of moves. This overlap is because there's no reason to give every Pokemon unique moves, not because these Pokemon are related.

3: Appearance does not indicate relation. Case in point: Plusle/Minun and Pichu. Plusle and Minun look a lot like Pichu, but there's no relation between Plusle/Minun and Pichu.

4: Names also have nothing to do with relation. Case in point: Spheal and Seel. Similar names (both based on the word "seal", by the way), but there's no relation between them.

5: Let me name a few legendary Pokemon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Moltres, Suicune, Groudon. Those are all legendary Pokemon, but none of them are related.

6: Latias and Latios have known orgins(sp?). If you see the Pokemon Heroes movie (now avalible on VHS and DVD), you'll learn what their orgins are.[/QUOTE]

I just have to mention to the point of number 5 that that statement is a bit off. Mew is related to all Pokemon since all others were cut from Mew's mold, so to speak.

You know what I mean. Not all Legendary Pokemon are related to each other. Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Ho-oh are all related. Moltres, Zaptos, Articuno, and Lugia are all related. Jirachi, Celebii, Zapdos, Suicune, Groudon, and Regirock are not related. That was my point. Good arguing, though.

Anyone else have any oppinions on this? Maybe Cloud Strife or Vicky would like to try and counter my arguements?

[SIZE=1][B]It COULD be possible, I think. A Ditto could easily be used to breed, and if a few other Legendary Pokemon are related, then why not Lugia and Latios/Latias? Latios is found in the water off Mossdeep in Ruby (I think...), and Lugia is found in water also, but that might just be... me.

I haven't seen the Pokemon Movie, so I don't know their Origins. But I will say that there is an equal chance they are related, or not related. And since Latios and Latias are one of a kind, it's possible. And another strange thing is, Ho-Oh is the Bird Pokemon on Gold, Lugia on Silver, and it goes the same way round for Latios and Latias on Ruby (I'm not sure I haven't played the game in along time.)[/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='vicky][SIZE=1][B]It COULD be possible, I think. A Ditto could easily be used to breed, and if a few other Legendary Pokemon are related, then why not Lugia and Latios/Latias? Latios is found in the water off Mossdeep in Ruby (I think...), and Lugia is found in water also, but that might just be... me.[/SIZE'][/B][/quote]
[color=indigo]Except for the fact that all legendary Pokémon are genderless and can't breed. . . . That kind of puts a huge hole in the theory, heh.[/color]

Yes but that is only on the games.Anyway Takuya you can only block one with one of your reasons and I haven't seen any other pokemon with that much in common.Yes maybe one thing another two pokemon have in common but think of one thing that cna prove all of my evidence wrong.

Oh wait a minute you can't.As Vicky said it COULD be possible.

[color=indigo]Yes, in the games. Pokémon's origins are in the games, and the games are still the core of the franchise. If you're not going to trust them, you might as well be making stuff up completely on your own. The anime is just a spin-off from the games, in which the writers do, in fact, simply make stuff up that has absolutely no relation to the games. So yes, I suppose it could be possible in terms of the anime, since almost anything would be possible there, but in terms of the games, it would never happen.

And besides, if a Lugia [i]were[/i] able to breed, it would makes sense that it would produce another Lugia; you don't get completely new species of Pokémon from breeding. Only pre-evolutions sometimes, and Latios and Latias don't evolve at all.[/color]

Not exactly caos say Lugia breeded with porygon 2(which is highly unlikely) they might get Latios and Latias I mean porygon 2 is red and blue.Also Latios is a male and Latias is a female so i'm going to test something, maybe if you breed Latios and Latias you get Lugia, I doubt it but maybe it will work.

Time for a few more points.

1: Latios and Latias are like Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. Whenevery you change areas, so does Latias or Latios, the one you can catch depending on the version you're playing. Not at all like Lugia, who is always in the Whirl Islands, even though you can't find it without the Silver Wing.

2: I realize that no one pair of Pokemon can proove all of the points I made previously, but I can and did proove all of them (except number 1, but you can proove that by yourself easily). I have to ask why not being able to think of one Pokemon or pair of Pokemon that alone can disproove all your points, thereby prooving mine, is relevant.

3: True, the show and movies make up a lot, but they're consistant. I've only found one exception, and even that isn't really an exception (in the Battle for Lugia episodes, two Lugia are seen. The Pokemon 2000 movie gives the impression that there is only one. Of course, that's never actually said, which is why even that's not really an exception).

4: What the show and movies make up is mainly the plot, which the games don't have much of. The Pokemon relations are generally kept consistent, although there are a few changes in the name of plot. This arguement can't really be done through the games (legendary Pokemon can't breed in the games), so I'm basing what points I can off of the show and movies, with the parts about Pokemon and movesets taken from the games (which the show and movies seem to stay consistent with).