OtakuBoards

is love real?

Guest Mimi

I don't believe in true love. I don't think there is just this one true love person that makes you sublimly happy even when your old and unable to do anything. I think love is just an emotion like despair, guilt, anger, or happyness. You could call love lust in some sences, not the type of lust that is sexual but more mentally like there personality your infatuated with their personality you just want to be with them more closer than just friends. And as for love at first sight. Its more a myth than anything else. You'd be baseing your "love" purely on looks and that too me is more lust than "love". As well is you say you have found your true love your also saying your comparing your past relationships to your recent one and I don't believe that people should compare their relationships, each one of them is different with diverse experiences. I'd also think there are many degrees or levels of love. Thats why teenagers always say "i really like her." or "I'm kinda crushing on him." They don't say "I love her!!" striaght away because in most cases they hardly even know the person they have these feelings for.

My suggestion to all of you love-seekers out there: Shut up. I promise you don't want it. The most of you, I'm sure, aren't capable of it.

Love is far more than an emotion. It's a commitment. At its heart, that is what love is. You have to hold on to it, even when you don't feel like.

Of course it exists--what kind of question is that? Love will endure forever, long after the world has passed. But it is a commitment which should never be broken. Until you realize that, you don't even need to act like you want anything to do with it.

-Justin

As any of you who've seen Moulin Rouge know, Christian (one of the main characters) says this, exactly:

"Above all things, I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love."

I stand true to that. I believe in love. In fact, I think I have enough beliving in love to share with all you non-believers. My personal opinion is that people who don't believe in love have either never experienced it or have had a bad experience with it and refuse to stop being a drama queen and get over it. For those of you with this problem,

[COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=3]STOP BEING SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN AND GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Alright. That was my post. I feel better now.

It's just an interpretation. It's just a meaning attached to relating to people in various ways, or conversely a declaration intended to bring a relationship to a certain level. Not that there's anything wrong with that; people make up meanings for stuff all the time, and it's nice to set goals.

But there's nothing there to believe in, because it's all made up. And beliefs cause suffering...

I suppose love is real to some degree. It's just that in this day an age people often mistake lust for love, and crushes for love. Because of that people tend to swear off love thinking they've truly exprienced it when in fact they haven't. I'm guilty of this myself, as for how do we tell if where in love?

Well that's a completely different story it varies from person to person...but they're some key signs you should look for, like sharing things in common, thinking about them every waking minute, and just being around them makes you happy even in your darkest days.

>.> I'm sounding too much like Doctor Phil...so I'll end my rant at that.

Guest vash22
well im trying to find love if u ask me its a hopeless battle to look for it as far as ppl tell me me it just happens but some ppl are stupid especially the ppl i talk to about this stuff. well if u ask me youll know it when u find her/him my best hope is that little fantasy anime chick until i can actually find some chick around here and likes anime or games i would really score if they liked both well this prolly helps not at all im babbling on about me. listen my theory love just happens thats all so u all know something about me u prolly didnt want to know cya ppl

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]All we seek[/COLOR]: Is love real?
[COLOR=Blue]SmarterChild[/COLOR]: I'm not sure. Do you think love is real?
[COLOR=Red]All we seek[/COLOR]: Define love
[COLOR=Blue]SmarterChild[/COLOR]: Definition provided by The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Other important copyright information here.[/SIZE]

[B]Love:[/B]

[SIZE=1]Noun
1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
3. a. Sexual passion. b. Sexual intercourse. c. A love affair.
4. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
5. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
6. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
7. a. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language. b. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.[/SIZE]

[B]If you ever have any doubts. Smarterchild is there for you.[/B][/FONT]

Love's real, besides the love you feel for your family and friends. But what about the times when you hang around with someone for three years but only becuz they're helping you find something and then you realize you love that person and not another person (ref: Inuyasha loves Kagome not Kikyo anymore if anybody gets my drift)? ok, unrealistic, but it can happen, right? RIGHT???