Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You know, although X/1999 is pretty impressive, I have to say that it's not exactly one of my favorites. I mean, I love the art and storyline, and CLAMP's work is always pretty amazing. However...there are just so many characters! And after a while things get confusing, especially when you haven't read each book as carefully as you should have... -_-;; Not to mention, it's quite utterly depressing. Hey, I go for those stories, but after a while, I think I got bored. But it's still amazing. :)
Posted
I agree, there are many characters. In the first volume, there are like 10 different characters. I was a little lost but I reread it and I was all set. :rolleyes:
  • 2 months later...
Posted
In the August issue of Newtype, the famous group of Clamp turned 15. They had small reviews about each of their manga. I saw a cool looking manga of theirs called X and I was wondering if anyone has seen it, read it, etc and also if anyone knows if this one is still selling.

It looks awesome. It's about a guy called Shiro Kamui who is being fought over by the seven dragons of heaven and the other even dragons of earth. Shiro holds the key to apocalype.

It looks awesome and I really want to read it.
Ciao.
Posted
[QUOTE=Box Hoy]In the August issue of Newtype, the famous group of Clamp turned 15. They had small reviews about each of their manga. I saw a cool looking manga of theirs called X and I was wondering if anyone has seen it, read it, etc and also if anyone knows if this one is still selling.

It looks awesome. It's about a guy called Shiro Kamui who is being fought over by the seven dragons of heaven and the other even dragons of earth. Shiro holds the key to apocalype.

It looks awesome and I really want to read it.
Ciao.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]hmmm i did read that issue of newtype and saw that article. did you check what company it is made by (viz, tokyopop, etc.)? most of the manga you wanna see has a web site and sometimes they let you read the manga online. for example, shonen jump has a website that lets you read the manga that is featured (click [URL=http://www.shonenjump.com]here[/URL] if you wanna see it). also check your local book stores and comic stores for graphic novels.[/COLOR]
Posted
X a.k.a x/1999 is was picked for publishing by Viz's Shojo comics. I beleive all of the volumes are published and available for purchase now, each, like most manga on the shelves in the US, is selling for ten bucks a pop. So go grab some!

One more thing, Viz flipped the artwork so it could be read like a western comic, so it may be easier or harder to read depending on what manga you have read.
  • 1 year later...
Posted
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]I just finished the last available manga in X/1999. The owner of the store I got it from said that Clamp didn't have any plans to continue the series, which totally depresses me :animedepr (the 18th doesn't have any sort of conclusion to it; if anything, it's just building up to an end to the series in the next couple books). Has anyone heard anything different than that? I've seen the anime, but the manga were getting so different from the anime towards the end that the ending of the anime is no longer possible for the books (for most of the characters).[/COLOR] [/FONT]
Posted
There are about a million different stories about why CLAMP stopped the series, from one of their artists having an injury to them just giving up on coming up with a coherent finale. The one I find most interesting and plausible is that the planned ending was too violent (or otherwise objectionable) for the Japanese magazine in which X was being serialized. In this version of the story, CLAMP stuck to their guns and refused to run anything in Asuka--making Legal Drug a casualty as well--until it permitted them to do X the way they wanted. Who knows whether or not this is true, but it's certainly possible.

~Dagger~
  • 10 months later...
Posted
Ok, guys, I just found this manga at the library (which is where I usually find them), and picked it up because not only did it look good, it was by Clamp, which is always a bonus. So I read it this morning, and have been thinkin about it all day today, even while listening to the radio, which usually distracts me. It is a very beautifully drawn manga, and even though I've only read the first volume, I already recommend it.

Ok. I would love your guys's input on it. Is it worth it to keep reading it? Or is it not? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that is the title... tell me if its not.... please.....
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT]I merged your thread with the already existing thread for this manga. Next time [B]musical_kitten[/B], please be sure to check the official directory before creating a new thread about a specific series. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
  • 2 years later...
Posted
X was one of the first manga read. And it impessed me greatly! I find everything there awesome from art to the main message. Though last chapters seemed to be drown in a hurry... I heard many discussions about its ending. In fact I have nothing against such "open" final (it has some sense I think) but real ending was promised... So I'd like to know how CLAMP originally planned to end the manga.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...