Eragon Posted August 1, 2004 Posted August 1, 2004 i just found out that tarnantino is making a new movie. If you look at the title of the thread you can see that it's name is hero. from the previews it's a samurai movie . I was just wondering who will see it when it come out Aug 27
Semjaza Posted August 1, 2004 Posted August 1, 2004 He's not making this movie. It's already made (it's from 2002), he's just helping bring it state side. Yimou Zhang directed it.
Hevn Posted August 1, 2004 Posted August 1, 2004 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Yeah, this has been shown in Asia a few years ago I think. I didn't get the chance to watch it but I'm looking forward to seeing it one of these days. The trailer's really something plus... it's got Zhang Ziyi![/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Balmon Posted August 1, 2004 Posted August 1, 2004 I saw the movie about a year ago. Not the AMAZING-FANTASTICALLY-STUPENDOUS film it's being touted as, but nonetheless, entertaining. My roommate, who's really big into Asian films, freaked out when he first heard about it (in North America). Boy, did I surprise him when I handed him the DVD a couple of days later. :) I guess the best way to market the film is to pretend like it's just been made... but at the same time, somewhat deceiving. I just saw a SNEAK PREVIEW on Extra the other night, and couldn't believe how they spoke about it; as though it was just coming out now... weird. Phil
Syk3 Posted August 1, 2004 Posted August 1, 2004 They were showing Hero at an anime convention in Baltimore that I went to, Otakon, but by the time I found out that they were playing it, it had already started and I didn't want to have missed anything. I was wondering, though.. when they say that Tarantino is bringing it to the states, is he planning on dubbing it as well? Otherwise, I can't imagine how it would be that hard simply to show the film subtitled over here.
hawke3000 Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 Well he is making a new movie. It's a war movie called Inglorious Bastards, and it looks like it's going to be made, but QT has had so many ideas that never came to life it's not even funny. Ex. The prequel to Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs with John Travolta(Vincent Vega) and Michael Madsen(Mr.Blond) as brothers in Las Vegas.
Sara Posted August 4, 2004 Posted August 4, 2004 [size=1]I've seen this, and I have to say that I liked it. The storytelling was very cool, and just the way the film [i]looked[/i] was fantastic. There are several different sections/stories, and each is told with a different color. It's really quite awesome, especially since the contrast between the different parts wakes you up to the effect color [i]does[/i] have on the emotion being portrayed. Never minding the fact that some scenes are almost painfully aesthetic.[/size]
No Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]So. Its already out in Asia...? Hm...But the only question that i'm holding right now is: ~Will this be dubbed or subtitled?~ I would be very upset if its dubbed becuase it kinda takes away from the whole movie. But then again who in america would want to see an asian speaking movie? I would no matter what. But I would love to see it in its original language with subtitles. I seen the preview to this movie when I went to see Kill Bill Vol. 2 in theaters. And to say I cried durring that movie.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Balmon Posted August 10, 2004 Posted August 10, 2004 I'm sure there's already been a discussion about this somewhere, but frankly, I always prefer subtitles over dubbing. I feel that with any art form, language is an essential part of the artistry. The way the dialogue sounds, etc., etc., is all part of the overall design. I would much rather take the split second required to read the subtitles, than hear some (usually) poorly down dubbing that looks like a grade school project. But, to answer your question, I have no idea.
Dagger Posted August 28, 2004 Posted August 28, 2004 Saw this in theaters last night and... meh. I liked the colors and the sheer windiness of it all (there was so much wind in any given scene that I almost felt as though I were watching an anime). However, I had a lot of trouble taking the movie seriously. Some of the action was good; some of it made me cringe. Whenever Jet Li pulled yet another cool-looking stunt, I found myself wondering who would clean up the scrolls or paintbrushes or whatever else he had knocked down. As for the whole sub/dub thing--I'm a strong proponent of foreign-language dubbing when it comes to anime, but live-action dubbing makes me a little leery. ~Dagger~
Attimus331 Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 I saw maybe the first half of it today at the theaters. It was pretty awesome. The first fight scene is really incredible (the one with Jet Li, and one of the assasins). I had my two little brothers sitting beside me, and they were sighing because the movie was all in subtitles, how childish. Actually it went a little fast here and there, but nothing too bad.
DarkSage Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 I seen this movie yesterday in theaters and I liked it a lot the storyline especially I enjoyed all the color changing when a differenet version was told, the fighting was cool although at times it did go a little over the top I mean some of the movements they were doing were not needed and pretty pointless. I also like the fact that they subtitled it and didn't dub it that was cool and so all in all it was a good movie.
Guest The Pro Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 Well, it might be like Crouching Tiger, hidden Dragon, in which they had a subeed version and a dubbed version, only the dubbed version had horrible synching and made no sense. But w/e
Sol-Blade Posted August 29, 2004 Posted August 29, 2004 Yes, I too saw the movie. It was really great. You have to admit, Quentin has an eye for martial arts(or was the director Zhang Yimou? Im confused on that one). I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies, I thought of them as a throwback to the old kung-fu movies. Anyways, on to Hero. First off, if there is ONE thing that I hated about the movie, it was the length. A little short IMO, just about an hour-and-a-half. I expected a little more...but the fighting was slick and stylish, and the color scheme that changed everytime he went into a different tale was a well-executed concept. Also, I thought it was a great idea to sub it, not dub it. God knows what the hell would have happened then... :rolleyes: [B]Question[/B]: Who played Moon? Nameless - Jet Li King of Qin - Chen Daoming Broken Sword - Tony Leung Chiu-wai (or Chuiwai or something like that) Sky - Donnie Yen Flying Snow - Maggie Cheung Moon - ??? Who is it? I don't recognize that person...
Hevn Posted August 30, 2004 Posted August 30, 2004 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Moon is Zhang Ziyi. The same Zhang Ziyi who played Jen Yu in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". ^_~[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now