Erika Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 [size=1][color=purple]I was gonna post them up on OB a while back, but when i found deviantART I changed my mind. But hey, exposure is a good thing, lol :whoops: Anywho, first up is some FFX-2 fanart I did earlier this year done in my own art style. Mediums include a .1 felt-tip pen (the finest of finest, heh), Crayola/Prisma colored pencils, and Sharpies to fill in Paine's black outfit. I mainly used Crayola for a color base, then added/blended with the Prismas. Yuna's skirt was the funnest and most well-done element I did. The most difficult thing I did was Rikku's hair. T_T I got lost in them, lol. Oh, all kinds of criteria are accepted. :whoops: I'll have some more up, too. EDIT: Sorry about the Thread Title--I'll see if I can get it changed. Lol, or mebbeh I'll just leave it there for now. :rolleyes:[/color][/size]
Hevn Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Coolies! I'm a huge fan of coloured pencils. You're blending is great. Good work on Rikku and Yuna... but as DW said, Rikku takes the cake ^_^x[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
SaiyanPrincessX Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 Quite nice. The horizontal lines make it appear to be a wallpaper that you'd put on your house or something. That would be cool, heh. However, I don't like the colors. The purple stands out too much distracting the eyes from the drawing itself. I think you should have gone with a lighter/cooler color. Such as a light grey or light blue. I'm also not fond of the dark shadow coloring on Yuna's face/leg. I think that should be toned down a bit. Aside from those few things I really like the style and overall composition of the drawing. Its quite cute too. ^_~
Erika Posted August 4, 2004 Author Posted August 4, 2004 [quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'] The purple stands out too much distracting the eyes from the drawing itself. I think you should have gone with a lighter/cooler color. Such as a light grey or light blue.[/quote] [size=1][color=purple]Now that I think about it, pale blue seems to fit for the inner border of the matting more than purple. But I like purple. Meh. I can't do anything about it now, lol. :whoops:[/color][/size] [quote name='SaiyanPrincessX'] I'm also not fond of the dark shadow coloring on Yuna's face/leg. I think that should be toned down a bit.[/quote] [size=1][color=purple]Ahahaha!! Yeah, I agree. I still need to work on color compilation for skin. I'm still practicing with shadows. I tried to get that medium-pale color, but failed miserably. XD Oh, well. Everything else blots that out, heh. Thanks so much for the comments. I find it odd that not many people commented on it back on DA. :cross: I enjoy getting comments from people--mainly valid criticism I can use for future reference. But I'm still amazed at myself over the detail I managed with a .1 pen. O_O I forgot how detailed it really was until I blew the pic up, lol.[/color][/size]
Semjaza Posted August 4, 2004 Posted August 4, 2004 I don't have any particular problem with the purple stripe, although it is slightly distracting. I've never been a fan of this style of artwork, but this is cute and very well pulled off. I didn't honestly know you drew... guess I need to come in this area more often again heh.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now