DeadSeraphim Posted August 4, 2004 Posted August 4, 2004 [font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo]That title is really suss... Anyway, tonight I downloaded The GIMP out of curiosity (I'd heard heaps of shizzle about it and wanted to give it a go, heh) and I'd have to say its quite the cool program. Freeware + Layers = Very cool. Anyway, I thought I'd put up my first good drawing with it so far, entitled 'Slash Biatches'. Its got a lot of whitespace and is of pretty poor quality, but I'd like to get people's opinion on my first attempt at this program. [/color][/size][/font]
Hevn Posted August 4, 2004 Posted August 4, 2004 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Though your work is of poor quality, I have to say it has attitude baby ^_^x That rhymed, heh. I'm making my comments formal. I like the effect of blood on the knife and on the face of that yellow creature. You should make more of these ^_^x[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Dead Alice Posted August 5, 2004 Posted August 5, 2004 What exactly is this GIMP thing? (Your character is quite...unique)
Hevn Posted August 5, 2004 Posted August 5, 2004 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]The GIMP is an image editing program. Haven't got my hands on it though. I think it's freeware, Alan did mention that. ^_^x[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Bullet Theory Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 where can i find a download for GIMP or do you have to buy it?
Semjaza Posted August 6, 2004 Posted August 6, 2004 [quote name='The Nameless']where can i find a download for GIMP or do you have to buy it?[/quote] It's Open Source, so it's free. I've been recommending it to people for a long time now... No clue why people stick with crap like Paint when thye can get GIMP for free. [url]http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/stable.html[/url] The easiest thing to do is to go to that page and download and install GTK+ and GIMP. Otherwise, the official page is here: [url]http://www.gimp.org/[/url]
DeadSeraphim Posted August 6, 2004 Author Posted August 6, 2004 [font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo]Yeah, Semjaza's right. Its all there, heh. I made this last night, and I think it had something like 15 layers to it. It was originally going to have legs but I made the space to short. ><' Enjoy. [/color][/size][/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now