OtakuBoards

Linkin Park

Guest Melodyfire

Linkin Park is great! The lyrics of the songs gets you indeed thinking about a lot of stuff. I usually listen to LP when I'm feeling a bit down (which is once a day, very weird). Something that's also nice to see is that their video of the song 'Breaking the Habit' is in some sort of Anime style. Thumbs up for that ^_^.

[quote name='Captain Iuno']Linkin Park is great! The lyrics of the songs gets you indeed thinking about a lot of stuff. I usually listen to LP when I'm feeling a bit down (which is once a day, very weird). Something that's also nice to see is that their video of the song 'Breaking the Habit' is in some sort of Anime style. Thumbs up for that ^_^.[/quote]

I agree. I listen to them whenever. When I pissed at my parents, When I'm working out or practicing, or like Captain said, When I'm down.
The Vid for BTH was awesome. I saw the making of the video on MTV... That was Funny. LP always has a song for everything . My step-dad doesn't like me listening to LP, cause he says the BTH is about Suicide.. Big W00t... I don't care.

I can't stand them. I liked them for a little while when I was about 12 or 13 but it soon faded out. They seem very repetitive after a while, their lyrics seem very pressed and neat i.e. not very original although it is hard to make something original nowadays, but still it's nice to hear something otherwise angst in music. I think it'd be cooler if there was no rap and a little more industrial. And maybe someone with an intresting voice cause Chester doesn't really grip me. Of course that would be turning them into a somewhat different band to suit my tastes but oh well.

My parents like them. heh

I like their video's though, they've made good videos from the very start of their career up to now. I watch them on mute, lol. The video for Crawling and the anime one (Breaking the Habit?) are pretty cool. And the Papercut one has Nightmare on Elm Street influences (methinks) so it's cool. And of course the computer generated one is awesome (In the End?). Can't remember the others.

I LOVE Breaking the Habit, but I found that the video was a little to shifty as far as lines are concerned. The lineart seems to "jump" sometimes and look really sketchy, but I guess it would cost way too much money to get all the art perfect and averything.

I like the video for Crawling In My Skin, and Numb. Setting it in a churchy place makes the video alot more better.

[quote name='angstypunk']The lineart seems to "jump" sometimes and look really sketchy, but I guess it would cost way too much money to get all the art perfect and averything.[/quote]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
If the rest of the videoclip is anything to go off, I'd say they had the money to do it, but they wanted that effect.

Personally, Linkin Park isn't... that good. Very repititive. They have a few good songs (Papercut and Breaking the Habit, notably), and they're solid musically, just... *shrug* Chester did a good job with vocals for Queen of the Damned though.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think Linkin Park is an alright band but they do get repetitive I would probably like them more if they lost the rap guy, forget his name and just had Chester singing and I think he should scream a bit more as well, but thats just my opinion.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen some crazy LP fan trying to kill you guys already! Where I'm at, LP fans are some of the most possesive, you-will-love-my-band types out there!

Anyway, I used think LP was the best thing ever--they combined industrial rock with metal and a little rap. But along comes the second album, and, well...lets just say you mix up the tracks from both albums and play it, it'lll sound like one big album. That dissapointed me a lot. I think unless they change up their sound a bit, they're done for.

Also, on a slightly different note, have you ever noticed that most Linkin Park fans are also Evenescene fans? I dunno, that's the way it seems to me. Probably because of similar sound and similar subject matter.

I do not like Linkin Park. I liked them 2 years ago, but then they got even more popular and the music sounded the same. So I gave up on them. Don't like them anymore. Plus their songs get overplayed to much. It's quite annoying, but I don't listen to the radio anymore either, only for 30 minutes going to bed. It puts me to sleep faster...

Guest ChapterBlack888
Linkin Park is a good, but their not that good.I like their lyrics and music, but I think there are better bands out there.For example, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth, Slayer, Pantera, Rammstein, Mad Capsule Market, Boom Boom Satellites, Mr. Bungle, Killswitch Engage, Devildriver, Drowning Pool, and GWAR.

Guest WOLFBANE
linkin park is so cool i luv their songs and their lyrics r awesome i really want to see them in concret :D i luv linkin park

I found Linkin Park on MTV 2 when they first came out and thought they were alright. There song One Step Closer i thought was alright and something everyone could relate too. Then when the secound album came out they had changed. They had lost all their in your face attiude and turned into some sort of mature "we've grown up" dudes. I thought ahh the boyz at the record company must of sat them down and said if we change youre look, we can sell to another crowd. I can understand them doing that to make more money and at the end of the day ther are musician and are out to please themselves. But it just said that happen. All the wannabes know adays ( no offence to any one on OB ) seem to listen to them.

Linkin' Park is awesome, I love their totally cool lyrics and all of them also have an amazing voice
* Sings the song* (Everything you say to me
Takes me one step closer to the edge
And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe
Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
And I'm about to break) Okay I'll shut up now :)

[color=crimson][font=tahoma]They are not a great band, really. If you think otherwise, hey- that's great. Alot of people think that.. and alot of people don't think that. To me they are typical band of today's pseudo-rock genre. You know, the Papa Roachish, KoRnish sound. Repetitive, angsty- and followed by diehard, rabid people that will assault you if you say that you don't like their band.

But, you can't hate them- they are musicians and they do put forth effort to be as such. Just not my sound/style, you know.

I prefer Black Sabbath, Deftones, Poison the Well, Soundgarden. Stuff like that.[/color][/font]

I love Linkin Park man they are like Nu Metal, with Hardcore Rap, Rap Metal, and just plain awesome I can't get enough of In the End, Numb, and Breaking the Habit of the cd's Meteora and Hybrid Theory I just haven't heard the other cd they made as a follow up to Hybrid Theory Reanimation.

Did you know their Original name was Hybrid Theory, but they renamed it as a mispelling to a old park near the school Lincoln Park.

• 4 weeks later...
Linkin Park made Meteora, in a semi same style in writing as Hybrid Theory, Musically different because many people liked Hybrid Theory, and that was the kind of music they were known for making, why should a band change the way they play just because of a second album? Still, Hybrid Theory and Meteora don't sound so much alike as you all make it sound. There lyrics help so many people though hard times, they try to touch people on a different level, that's why they don't curse in there songs, because its easy to say fu(k you, I'm going to fu(kin get over it so piss ff and die, but Linkin Park doesn't even go there in there songs, because it would take away from the whole meaning to the song..Im going to post some lyrics to make my point clear...

"Somewhere I belong"

I wanna heal
I wanna feel
What I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I've felt so long
Erase all the pain 'til it's gone
I wanna heal
I wanna feel
Like I am close to something real
I wanna find something I've wanted all along
Somewhere I Belong

This song (IMO) is about someone on there own trying to find somewhere, where he can be at peace, many people feel alone in this world, and they feel that maybe if they found a place where they can fit in that they could live life in peace, this songs expresses there feelings too the situation that the one person is in. They just want to be with other who like what they like, and who understand them....

"By Myself"

What do I do to ignore them behind me,
Do I follow my instincts blindly,
Do I hide my pride from these bad dreams
And give in to sad thoughts that are maddening
Do I sit here and try to stand it
Or do I try to catch them red-handed
Do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness
Or do I trust nobody and live in loneliness

Because I can't hold on when I'm stretched so thin
I make the right moves but I'm lost within
I put on my daily facade but then
I just end up getting hurt again

I believe this song is about someone getting picked on, and he is at war with himself because he knows what he should do but, if he dose, he will only get hurt even more. You see this behavior everyday, at work or school, everywhere, people getting picked on because there different, maybe because there shy, or from a different country or likes a different kinda of music, they know they should do something, but when it comes down to it they know that they can't because if they do then, they will only get hurt more.

"From The Inside"

I don't know who to trust, no surprise
Everyone feels so far away from me
Heavy thoughts sift through dust
And the lies
Trying not to break
But I'm so tired of this deceit
Everytime I try to make myself
Get back up on my feet
All I ever think about is this
All the tiring and time between
And how trying to put my trust in you
Just takes so much out of me

In this verse I believe it talks about someone who just lost trust in everything, like many do, they just trust people, and then they get betrayed, they trust someone and then they get there backs turned on them. This happens all the time, people fall in and out of trust all the time, they get back up only to fall once more, but the emotion of it is so hard to express, being betrayed is so hard to take but, if you hear someone else say it in ways you can understand it makes it all better.

Now the comments were just my opinion, the emotion of the song can vary depending on how you are feeling, and that's what makes them so powerful, you can relate to any song,, depending on the situation, that's what makes Linkin Park a lyrically amazing band, because of the emotion of the song, now I can understand if this isn't your type of music I'm perfectly fine with that, but to call them repedative is just pointless, and to say that they suck is pointless to because, they don't have at least one song that someone can relate to....

before i say anything else, i'd like to compliment everyone in this post for getting along so well!! :) there's people who love linkin park, peole who like them ok, and people who don't like them at all, and everyone's still being civil!

anyway, linkin park is one of my favorite bands, if not my favorite. right now [I]breaking the habit[/I] is my favorite song of theirs, and they havent made any songs that i didnt like. last summer (2003) i also got to see them in concert! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I am a Linkin Park Fanboy, however I won't kill anyone who says they hate it.
That's there opinion.
They just won't wake up tomorrow. J/K
I don't like Breaking the Habit at all, save the anime music video and because of that, it's stuck in my head (the song) maybe it's just because it was done by Studio Gonzo? Who knows, but I think there are alot of good songs by them that aren't well known like Nobody's Listening, why should From the Inside have a music video and no that one?
Huh?
Also I couldn't stand Reanimation, it was all like
[QUOTE]Hey! We don't want to be a rock band anymore. We wanna be the next Tupac![/QUOTE]
It pissed me off because the songs on that CD were sucky remixes.

[QUOTE=demon-juvenile]1 word 'faint' :love:
that song is kewl...[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Tahoma]It's also one of their more exploited songs.
I am a huge LP fan myself, my favorite song being "Pushing Me Away," it sort of mirrors my real life... However, it drives my dad insane. XD Mum doesn't mind it much, but she still doesn't like it.
I'm one of those "listen-to-one-song-become-obsessed" types... And it's all my friend's fault. ^_^ Blame her. Ah, oh well...[/FONT[/COLOR]]