Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Resident evil Series: Exclusive to GAMECUBE! What are you thoughts?.


Recommended Posts

Posted
It has been announced that the beloved Playstation RE Series is now exclusively on Gamecube. Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, Veronica, Zero, and 4, will be on Gamecube. resident evil will recieve a full makeover, but 2 and 3 will not, they will only be ports; they will bethe same as the Playstation version, slightly improved graphics, instead of 32-bit it will be 39- bit. Resident Evil Zero will be about what happened before Jill and Chris made it to the "Mansion". Let's discuss.
Posted
I am really happy about this. Though I am not the hugest fan of the series, I like the way the story was done, and love the secrets that Capcom adds to their games ^_^ I am sorta looking forward to these, though doubt I will have the money by the time it is released to get it(Yes, I am still getting the Gamecube and the games that I want . . don't worry)

Main reason for never really getting these was a combination of lack of money and lack of that particular system. . but now. . we shall see, no? :naughty:
Posted
good points-nintendo will get all the RE's remade for the gamecube, and new RE's being released on gamecube

bad points-they will all ONLY be on gamecube, not on ps2 *sniff*

ah well, I'm going to get a GC when its released so I still get to play on RE....
Posted
I am not the biggest resident evil fan (though I have played all of the games) I think making the resident evil series exclusive to GC is a bad move for capcom and a good move for nintendo, heres why...

Nintendo: They get exclusive games by a third party, and their good games too! Also the resident evil series will be useful in getting older gamers to buy a gamecube. My friends thought the cube is for kiddes, but after the RE announcement they changed their attitude completely.

Capcom: The resident evil series had already been in a slight decline of popularity and moving it to gamecube will reduce its sales because the gamecubes target audience is about 8 - 16, the older gamers will be playing PS2's and that other system *cough, cough* I am sure capcom will be changing its tune when they see the sales figures for Resident Evil on gamecube.
Posted
Just a note Shyguy, not just the Resident Evil series will make GC more open to adults. No way. Shinji Mikami, the creator of the RE series, claimed that the RE series was not put on Gamecube only to make it adult oriented. Shinji says that it was put on GC exclusively so that Capcom will have a more time to focus on making the game better instead of worrying about making it port from system to system. Mikami-San also said that Capcom put the RE series on GC because they se potential in Gamecube; sorry PS2.
Posted
That's an exellent move! Especially with all the new features they are adding (zombies can move between rooms, new move animations, ect.)! That announcement was the last reason I needed to open my wallet for NGC
Posted
It will definitely be a pretty game, that is for sure. Too bad I am going to get Eternal Darkness instead of RE. ED is promising to be ten times better then RE, and hopefully I will not be dissapointed. I will have to get the RE series once I start to get a grasp on my money conditions, but we will see, no? =)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]It will definitely be a pretty game, that is for sure. Too bad I am going to get Eternal Darkness instead of RE. ED is promising to be ten times better then RE, and hopefully I will not be dissapointed. I will have to get the RE series once I start to get a grasp on my money conditions, but we will see, no? =) [/B][/QUOTE]


Eternal Darkness? How could I forget that game? Time to open my wallet again!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...