Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkviolet]I would say my husband's except that we mailed it to him last month, so it's now in his possesion in Iraq. I think it's a RCA something or other.

It's a nice inexpensive one because even though it doesn't come with much memory, you can buy more memory for it. Which makes it better than some of the more expensive MP3 players on the market.

I'm not sure what else to add except that my husband likes it becuase of the wrist strap so he can listen to music while he runs. Does that help?[/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink][size=1]I got my[url=http://www.pconline.com.cn/digital/textlib/audio/mp3/01/10309/pic/030917_iriver_01.jpg] iRiver iFP-500[/url] in Korea. Can't add too much music, (max 999 but I can only fit 54 at the moment), but the sound quality's awesome. Also, it's got voice recording and CD-recording.

Of course, iRiver has a TON of better ones- even ones with a built-in camera. Didn't want one with a camera, though. One, I'd go nuts if I lost it, and two, I have my own digicam anyway. Plus, my uncle was paying for it, and I didn't want him getting the most expensive one there was.

But the nifty bit was that it came with two different headphones, a protective cover, arm-strappy thing, backpack, and a string to wear it on your neck. ^_^ (and it's charged- not battery-run, so thank God for that).[/color][/size]
Posted
Sony MiniDisc players are [B]not [/B]MP3 players. Anything that is copied onto them is automatically converted to ATRAC, which is why they require specialized software like Sonic Stage or OpenMG.

I have a Sony NetMD N707, but my MP3 player is an iRiver iHP-140. It's a 40 GB hard drive player and I'm quite happy with it.
Posted
[quote name='Semjaza Azazel]Sony MiniDisc players are [B]not [/B']MP3 players.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]It's not a mini disc player, but an actual MP3 player and I got the brand wrong, it's an RCA (here's the link: [url]http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8721&qp=0&oid=56256&m=0[/url]) with expandable memory. Hey sometimes my brain stops working and I have a Jessica Simpson moment. But I asked Lincoln which one he had so that's how I figured it out.

We were going to get him an i River, but my mom didn't like that brand because you could only buy the memory for it from i-River making the softwear more expensive. The RCA was a good buy because even though it had a small memory to begin with you could buy the memory chips for it . Yeah I think what I said made sense, now I can continue.

Before my old car died and someone stole the stereo from it I had a stereo with the ability to read MP3 discs, which is about the same thing. I think. It was a Jenson and Sometimes it would act up and not eject the CDs on the first or even up to the sixth try and then after my husband poured cappicino into it while driving back to Rochester the whole thing was pretty shot. So maybe the stupid people who broke into my car got what they deserved :laugh:

Okay, now I'm off to edit my other post.[/color]
Guest Heimlichkeit
Posted
I forget what model my MP3 player is. But i can hold up to 99 songs, you can record audio on it, has like 256 MB space, can tune in on local radio stations. Pretty cool, and all works off a single AAA battery
Posted
[size=1]I have an iPod and I wouldnt give it away for all the money in the world... Okay nevermind but thats not the point. Its great. Its 20 GBs and holds alot of songs. It even has some games on it... ^_^ But I love it, and I wouldnt want anything else.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']It's not a mini disc player, but an actual MP3 player and I got the brand wrong,[/color][/quote]

I was referring to the guy who made the thread, actually. Sorry about that lol.
Guest lupin the 44th
Posted
[quote name='Serraph-Angel][size=1']I have an iPod and I wouldnt give it away for all the money in the world... Okay nevermind but thats not the point. Its great. Its 20 GBs and holds alot of songs. It even has some games on it... ^_^ But I love it, and I wouldnt want anything else.[/size][/quote]

havent you heard about ipod's dirty secret, the battery lasts only 18 months then it costs $255.99 to replace the battery with a new 1!!!
Posted
128mb Teleadapt - not great but does the job fine, nice little recording feature built in which is handy because im always forgetting things and is small and perfectly pocket size.
I wouldnt trade it up even for free as its all I need and I wont be paranoid about losing it, getting mugged or breaking it as its not too expensive to replace. (Its also light and robust so destroying it would involve effort too =)
Posted
[quote name='lupin the 44th']havent you heard about ipod's dirty secret, the battery lasts only 18 months then it costs $255.99 to replace the battery with a new 1!!![/quote]

[color=deeppink][size=1]That's weird. o_O;

For iRiver, you either get one with a charger or one that uses like, AA batteries. Mine is the charge-kind but erm, I have to charge it using my USB Cable, because the charger's plug-thing is different than the ones in America, and we're just too lazy to go and get the convert-things.

So yeah. Whee to that. >_>;

...And, what program does everyone use to compress MP3 files? My MP3 player's only storing about 55 songs at the moment. @@;;;'[/color][/size]
Posted
The iPod battery replacement doesn't cost that much. It's [B]$99[/B]. It also doesn't have an exact date limit like that. It depends a lot on how much you use it and how you charge it (there's specific ways you're supposed to charge those types of batteries, but no one does it).

Other places will do it for like $60, and you can just buy the batteries yourself for around $30. Lithium Ion batteries aren't cheap.

Don't believe every lame thing you read on the internet. Too many people do that here as it is.
Posted
[color=gray][size=1]My brother uses the Musicmatch JukeBox pocket MP3 player lol. I have no Idea how to say that in short while you people still understand it.
It has 20 GB of space on it, and although it doesnt have any games lol, it works really well it it is delivered with a cool headphone -.-;;
The size of it is like as big as a pocket book or something. And then a small one. I have no idea what to add about that mp3 player...[/color][/size]
Guest Alchemist
Posted
I got a 15 gig iPod. It would be hard to survive college without it.
Posted
Well, the Sony mp3 players are good, that's what I know for a fact, it doesn't really matter the type. Just don't get RCA, I had bad experiences with RCA, they suck compared to SONY as far as music goes, that's for sure, just buy a SONY mp3 player and you'll be fine. If you buy RCA, you'll be takin a risk, lol. No offense, RCA. Actually, I do want to offend RCA! ******* RCA! What I said was not a bad word, I said Find RCA!, lol


-MILZ
Posted
Have u guys seen that new sony commericial? with Macy Gray singing ??Iit have 20 GB same as the iPod..and its true about the battery life and its 18 month life spand but what about the sony?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...