OtakuBoards

The Ultima Tournament!!!! [PG- LV]

Guest Mana

OOC: I see some severe God Modding here.... Stop making my character do what you want. You do not know his style or complexity. I will show you what he is capable of. That is just cheap to use him like a play toy.... He wouldn't do half of the crap you made him do.... I won't kill your character though until DM says who deserves the kill since that is the way it goes around here.

IC:

[i] "Elimination.
Elimination.

DIE!!!!

DIE!!!

Wanna fight?"[/i] Revolution -System of a down-

I watched this creature attack me from all ends. He was no doubt skilled...like a monkey wishing to live. Moving about searching for a weakness upon me but I knew he would never find it at this rate. He was too slow. I could tell his actions minutes before he would issue them. He was skilled in knowing what I would do...some attacks at least. He seemed nervous...not a big man Lucifer was.

I was ready to show him pain. Time to show this so-called ruler of Hell who rules whom. So he had a move to shroud the field into darkness... I had a few moves of my own. Not only was I able to mark the souls of the defeated that fell before my hands but I was able to make them into playthings of my own enjoyment. Perhaps I should introduce a few to this man. It might turn me on a bit...

I moved fast. Not really fast but with more speed I showed earlier. I was testing his ability to sense my movements...it wasn't so bad but I knew he could be better. I was searching for the right moment until I saw it. I ran towards him with a bolt of energy. I was preparing my attack. The energy within my blade began to grow with tremendous aura not of this earth. The ground around us began to shake with extreme prejudice. I knew what was coming and I was laughing like mad. I heard the echoes of my laughter, sounded like a Jackal.

The ground the split into a fissure showing thousands of layers of rocks and dirt. It was the passageway into hell itself. Deep within its walls laid that which I was waiting for. Hundreds of men and woman began to crawl out of the ground all searching for two things, their master and food.

I stood there admiring their determination. I spoke to them with confidence.

?Disgusting creatures of damnation. Heed my words. I ask you to give this being a little bit of fun. First one to kill him gets to be freed from my grasp. Now go.?

The creatures of unsanitary creation began to move towards my advisory with lustful eyes. They all craved freedom and this meal ticket would give it to only one of them. They all moved with speed foreign to any eye. They crafted their speed so skillfully they lashed a few cuts upon his body. I was getting excited watching them issue these strikes. Such were meant to harm and those really turned me on.

OOC: Sorry. Been working heh...I had to rush this so it isn't how I wanted it to be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OCC:Sorry I thought this was like the fights in other adventure rps where you get to pick what the enemy will do.Those skills are way different then the things in your profile.Whats the point of even posting you abilities if you won't even use the ones you made.Also anything else you have to say pm me instead of posting it on the forums.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flew into the air to get out of Jackel's monsters grasp.He looked at those monsters.In my eyes those monsters were amatures.Sure they got a few hits off of me but they were nothing big. I went higher into the air and pointed my palms to the ground.I started spraying a big black mist down to the ground to try and hide.I then summoned hundreds of his own monsters spawned out of pure darkness.The monsters were dragons with glowing blood red eyes.

"Attack my dragons,there is your lunch!"said Lucifer

Jackel's monsters and my dragons started battling to the death.While that was happening I secretly spawned 2 black reaper made from his darkness.They were the quickest he has spawned yet.They were made to go faster then the speed of light for special occasions.They also can't be heard by anyone.Since they float very silently.They have ghostly attributes so they can't die.

"When Jackel is about to kill me come and kill him" wispered Lucifer

Then I started summoning more dragons to start killing jackel's monsters quicker.I then hid in a corner of pure darkness.I started doing my best magic yet.I completed it just because I had a feeling this was going to happen.This skill makes me get ghostly attributes.

[center][size=5][b]Match 2 Results[/b][/size][/center]

Hmm, hmm. Milz is having me do the results now and whoever I state the winner, you may post a killing post. I'll start with Master Deimos.

[b]Deimos:[/b] Well now, I see you actually can post (little joke about all the one sentence posts ;)). But you did start out rough and to say the least, you didn't land too cleanly either. First off, you began by god-modding uncontrollably. Though you learned your lesson, you should have known not to godmod by reading the forum rules and therefore it marks you down =/ And then there's how you described things. You often used the word "then" and it made the reading really sloppy and boring. It was constantly "And then he attacked him with his sword. Then he took a punch to the face. And then he was doomed!" You can see how that can't be too interesting to read.

But also on that note, you hardly described your character's thoughts and stuff. You described the fight, which is good, but you also described every little move and action, which I state earlier can make things rather boring. You'll want to get an even amount of describing the situation and then the fight itself. Otherwise, you'll get a boring story. You'll also need to send these posts through a grammar/spell checker. I found numerous mistakes, some just simply typos, I'm assuming. Also, proof-read your posts before posting them. It helps catch the mistakes the grammar/spell-checker didn't.

Besides these points, I think you did do well using the area and charging your moves to the right degree. My last worry is that these "spawn" things in your last post seem awefully powerful. They can't die, can't be heard, they're faster than the speed of light?! How's Lucifer gonna kill them if he doesn't know they're around--or better yet, since they can't die. These creatures aren't against the rules, but that seems close to god-modding (the worse kind). But other than that, good work.

[b]Burori:[/b] Well, people did say you roleplayed well and you didn't make them liers. Your post was most interesting and your wording was of the Gods themselves (Omega, for your sake ;)). My only beef, and I know your first post was for introduction of your character, is that you babble too much. I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you talk about things too often that it makes the reading rather shallow and boring. In your first post, the battle didn't even commence one bit. You spoke of the rain falling on his suit and stuff. That's impressive. But you started telling a backstory and stuff, which is what the profile in the signups was for. You can have the kind of "flashback to my past to explain a situation" bit, but don't make it the center of your post.

In your second post you were a lot better. I enjoyed that one more. I know in your first post you can't write that Deimos' character comes out into the Arena (that'd be Godmodding), but you could describe the feeling of the arena (which you did somewhat, but very little) or wrote about your character preparing his weapons, flexing, whatever. Your second post wasn't so out of focus and definately showed more of your roleplaying skill. Good work.

I read, wrote, and decided. [b]Burori[/b] wins.

Alright, now it is time for the battle between MILZ and White Devil. This will be one great battle folks. Good luck to White Devil, he'll need it, hehe. Let the battle begin!!!!

(White Devil will post first)

-MILZ

OOC: damn i gotta go first. that sucks. well ok MILZ its all good, ive never done an intro so it will be different. lets see where it goes. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The feeling of walking into another battle was, how do i say, exciting. I longed for a fight since the war. But this fight was different, it wasnt against an army but one person. A fool by the name of MILZ has challenged me.

The rain that poured during the previous battle was dying now. It left more then water behind. It also left a certain feeling of gloom and dispair, reminded me of the battlefield. The battlefield in which the rain didnt cause the dispair, I did. With scoarched wastelands in my wake. I feel at "home" in this setting.

I stepped into the arena, removing my black gloves to show my battle worn hands. I kept these gloves on to surpress the fire that burns deep within me, the fire that will lead to MILZ' demise. With my gloves off, I am considered many names, "The God of Fire" the short term "Scorch", or to all of my foes "White Devil" this name given for the white flash of flame i give off when in my Rage form.

I pull out my duel katana and light them ablaze to see if i still have the touch. Watching them light was another memory of battle. A sweet and brilliant memory for me but a horror for everyone else. Then i sheath them and prepare.

MILZ had finally started his way to the arena. All that went through my head was the image of him in flames. What a sight that shall. The battle will soon begin and a silence drew apon the crowd as i gave a final burst of fire to show i am ready. :flaming:

This will be a battle i have been looking forward to longer then anyone could imagine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: well i guess thats ok for my first. now its your turn MILZ make the first move. :) im waiting.

Hmmm, this White Devil guy thinks he can tangle with me. He does not realize that I am the unstoppable plague of death that will consume him. He will find out this very day what he has challenged. May the forces of the Heavens have great mercy on his pathetic soul, hehehe.

The scars on his hand tell me that he is a rough fighter, but wait until he sees this. I can't wait to see his eyes. (FWIP! Milz throws off his overcoat which had hung draped over his cold body. The coat landed with a ploff in the muddy soil. Scars of battle as long as thirteen inches covered the chest and abdominal region of Milz. White Devil's eyes widened at the grotesque site of it.)

(White Devil's grip on his sword tightens, and his eyebrows arch) So, I guess it's time for the first move. "You ready White Devil!? Cause it's coming for you!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!"

Hmmm, I can read his emotions. They are strong!! I sense fear, but then I also sense much hate! His fury will blind him and be his undoing. I know just the move to execute first.

(Milz launches towards his opponent with speeds of abnormal extremity. Air whistles by his ears as he jets past White Devil, who is shocked as the air blows past him, ruffling his wild blue hair.) Hmmmmm, my plan seems to have worked. He didn't even see me fly past him. Time to attack.

(Milz, who is now positioned behind the unaware White Devil goes for the attack. He raises both arms together, fists clenched together. As he swings downward he hits not White Devil, but instead demolishes the stone of the arena ground. White Devil, who has just leaped to the side with his sword unsheathed, takes advantage of the situation and slices at Milz. *SWIPE!!)

UNGGHHH!!! (Milz is cut on the arm by the flaming sword, his arm burning uncontrollably.) "You bitch!!! Now you'll pay!!!!" (Milz lands a heavy punch dead center on White Devil's nose. White Devil instantly covers his bleeding face, tears filling his eyes.)

"Awww, don't cry. Mwahahahahahaha!" (Milz goes for a second swing at White Devil, but it is dodged, much to the surprise of Milz.) "What the hell!?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Is White Devil actually a match for Milz? And what will happen next? Stay tuned to find out, people!!

OOC: lol i almost got in trouble for writing this today. i wrote it on a sheet of paper during school. but i think its good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As i jumped away from his oncoming assault, I swung my swords in unison to create one of my favorite attacks, the Fire Wave. The fire hit the ground with a brilliant flash and headed straight for Milz. He managed to move in time, but his left leg was grazed by the flame, leaving another scorching burn on his body.

" I underestimated your skills Milz. Any other person would have been engulfed by my flames, but you got away with a minor burn." I would have to change up my tactics a little if i wanted to win. But as i prepared for another strike he used his speed to get in close and get a clean shot down my chest. I just barely moved in time for it to only leave a flesh wound.

My blood dripped to the wet Earth below me in drops like rain. He laughed at the sight of my bloodshed, but i gave a sinister smile in return. His expression changed to one of horror. I raised one of my flaming hands to my chest and rubbed along the wound. As my hand passed across the bleeding cut, my skin melted together, leaving a scar and no trace of blood.

What he doesn't know is that i can stop the bleeding, but not the pain, the wonderful pain in which i enjoy so much. I regained my swords and did an alterbate version of the Fire Wave. In this technique i swung my katanas to my sides and a ring of fire burned around the arena. Almost instantly after the ring was completely around us, he rushed at me with great speeds again, but this time zig zagging. I stood waiting... waiting to see what this fool of an opponent had in store for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: gasp!!! the fight is getting interesting, watch the next post to see what happens!!!

OOC: K, I'm gonna change my style a little, but Dragon Warrior, you can't take off for that, so don't get excited, lol. K, here it goes:

I continued zigzagging around the bastard for an entire minute with confidence in my mind that I would destroy him. I couldn't wait to get my hands on him, to rip him apart limb by limb!! I would just love for one sip of his sweet, precious blood to be mine. I have a sick fascination with drinking my victim's blood immediately after I kill them, hehehe.

He doubts my ferocity, he doubts that I would kill him!! Well fuck him!!!! I'll make a believer!

I quickly landed a heavy front kick on his back as he was unaware of where I was. I knew it hurt him. He didn't show the sign of pain on his face, but I knew that inside he was cussing me out like a bitch!!

I was ready to kill him, but then he swiftly turned and slashed at me with an amazing swing of his sword. The blade managed to slice my noce as I hurriedly sprung backwards to avoid certain death.

As I was about to go for my final attack, something amazing happened. Flames of gargantuous size emerged from within White Devil's soul. The brightness of it all temporarily blinded me, so I couldn't really see it very clearly. When the bright light died down I went in for the attack. I landed at least 11 swift kicks on him and 4 punches, but he seemed uneffected by the assault.

Okay, DragonWarrior, this match is over as of now, go ahead and judge. legatogunsmoke has agreed and is preparing for a hurricane, so don't worry. Go ahead and judge!!

Just to let you know this is a pg topic.So cursing is kinda bad,so next time put this rated R for language if you are going to mention the F word.But besides for that this fight was kinda good and I can't wait for the results.But I can bet money on who is going to win.

It's PG-13, so it can use the f word once or twice, so shut up Deimos. Don't tell me what' wrong in my own rpg, cause I've already discussed it with the mods. Now time for the next match.

Kita Jacobson vs. Mantis

Good luck fighters, you may now begin your match!!!

Alright, either Delirium or poo62.2 can post now, so someone please post so we can finish this tournament. and dragon warrior, judge the last match please. We can go ahead and start the next match before dragon warrior judges, it doesn't matter. Now post please. Thanks.

[size=1][font=veranda]I stood feet apart, resting. I twirled one end of the chain around my waist absently, waiting for my opponent to show himself. Oh, I knew he was there ? my excelled hearing had told me so. After all, I was half kitsune, or fox demon. I hummed under my breath, and sighed.

?[b]All right, Mantis, get your coward of an ass out here.[/b]? I heard the grumble as he moved out into my sight.

?[b]No fair attacking someone from behind.[/b]? My whip was off of my waist, and I purred lightly. ?[b]Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought him back. Unfortunatley for that cat, he only had one life left[/b].? I grinned, and my feline teeth showed.

Slowly but steadily, I started whirling the chain in front of me, and a noise started up. The whirring of the chain mixed with me humming, and I smiled, feline teeth clearly visable.

OOC: Okay, poo, your up. ^_^[/font][/size]

[center][size=5][b]Match 3 Results[/b][/size][/center]

Tough match to decide.

[b]legatogunsmoke:[/b] You started out iffy. Things could have been proof-read, I have to say. First off, you should've ran your starting post through a grammar/spell checker because I found a few mistakes here and there. Of course, those things don't always get everything so you should read through as well. You would've caught how you changed tenses a few times as well. You were sometimes talking through past tense, then suddenly present tense or something of that sort. That's one mistake many writers make, myself included. It's easily done and hard to catch, especially when it's your own work.

The tiniest mistake I saw in your second post (and that really doesn't matter) is that in one part, you used the same word a few times in a row and the sentence sounded redundant. Gotta watch for that.

Now for the good stuff. I'd say both ultimamilz and your first posts weren't amazing, and yes, it's true. I'm sorry. But your second post made me happy to see you had more in you than you let us know about. You prove that new members can have some roleplaying skills and your writing abilities are well on their way to being amazing. Out of the two of you, your posts were more interesting to read. They kept me interested [i]because[/i] of your lack of using thoughts too often. You had a nice balance between thoughts and the actual fighting. Lastly, I'd like to end by saying your use of your skills for things other than their intended purpose was awesome. I just loved how you cauterized your wound by using your fire abilities. I'm sure that's really what a survivalist like your character would do in a time like that.

[b]ultimamilz:[/b] Now for you, Master Milz :) And just because you're the RPG creator doesn't mean I'll go easy on you ;) Like I said for legatogunsmoke, both of your first posts lacked in quality. But it saddens me to say that yours lacked even more than legato's. The thing was that you switched writing styles. That hurts your score big time. It's worse than changing tenses because you can't always catch yourself changing tenses. You know when you change writing styles because it's intentional. It also looks rather ugly with the "( )" around your description of your fight. I was very pleased to see you changed your ways in your second post, but your first will cost you some.

But in your second post, you did tend to ramble with your thoughts. I've mentioned it earlier in this tournament that you should equally even out between thoughts and the match if you use first person. I never said you had to use first person anyways. And it's even more ugly for your writing style if you use bad writing skills. Numerous exclamations points are not necessary to show anger. In fact, it's shunned in the writing world. In your posts I noticed things like: "I would kill him!!" See the many exclamations? Bad :( And things like "UNGGHHH!!!" are not the best choice of words either. You can make that what the character is saying, but it doesn't look to good being one of their thoughts. Oh, and this doesn't count against your score, but it's a tip for any writer who wishes to advance in their skill. When using small numbers like eleven and twenty-two, write them in word form, not as their actual digits. It's an actual rule and you'll notice real authors follow this guideline. The times you can use digits are in larger numbers like 10,047,489,200. Of course, there are exceptions. Lastly, you kind of controlled Legatogunsmoke too often in your first post. Those are, after all, your intro posts.

It was a hard match to decide and Milz, you'll hate me for it, but legatogunsmoke takes my vote. Good work, guys.

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Dragon Warrior asked me to give a second opinion for this [LegatoGunSmoke and Ultamilz], so I'll give it a shot.

Milz, you're style is inconsistent. In your second post (let's call it the 'naughty' post) you switch tenses too much. Also, the use of expletives, whilst fun, in no way makes it more interesting. Also this:
[quote name='ultimamilz']It's PG-13, so it can use the f word once or twice, so shut up Deimos.[/quote]
was completely uncalled for. I think it would've been better to discuss such a thing via PM, my friend.

GunSmoke. The tense and style was consistent, but your grammar and spelling needs work. Can I introduce to you my good friend MSWord? I suggest just running your posts through that for its spellchecker function before posting. The last paragraph in the second post slips tense though.

The action is kind of interesting, but you should try and include more of it in your posts, GunSmoke.

Who do I declare winner? Its a hard choice. But I'll have to go with LegatoGunSmoke. You both need work, but GunSmoke was more consistent (even if he didn't write much action).[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color="#993366"]I'd like to take the moment to remind you all of a few rules. First of all, there is [b]no double-posting[/b] anywhere on the boards. There is no reason for it, and there is no excuse. If you've got information to add, then you should edit your previous post or wait for someone else to post first.

Second, [b]spam is also quite bad[/b]. Any posts that are too short, have nothing to do with the story, and can otherwise be put into a private message (PM) are considered spam. This includes letting people know you're busy or arguing about the language used in the thread.

The Arena is also home to a certain [b]level of quality[/b], so please remember to keep your posts neat and tidy. Proper punctuation and spelling is essential, so continue to keep an eye out for those little things.

Read through both [b]OB's rules thread[/b] (on the menu to the left) and the [b]Arena's stickies[/b] (at the top of the forum). Both will give you a better understanding of what's expected here in the Arena and on the boards in general, which is most definitely something all of you need to keep in mind. If you have any questions afterwards, feel free to PM myself or terra and we'll help you out. Otherwise, you've already had one warning. I don't think you can afford another.

- Arcadia[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]I sneered at Kita as I pulled out my katana from underneath my coat. This would be the first proper challenge I had in a long while. But a challenge is what I had been waiting for all my life. I walked around Kita feeling my katana with my hands.
?Ah, I see you are half kitsune?I have killed ones like you before?
I jumped up into the air and punched down at Kita.
[B]?Flying punch!!!?[/B]
At the last second, Kita jumped out of the way like a cunning fox. I laughed. I gripped my katana tightly. Any minute now, she was going to strike.
[B]?If you attack me now, with one swish of my katana, you arms will be separated from your body?[/B]
Kita jumped to the side of me and whipped me hand so I dropped my katana, she jumped forward and kicked it out of the arena and smirked. My heart sank, terror filled my body, my human instinct told me to run, but I wasn?t going to run away from a challenge like this. I jumped up into the air and flew up higher into the sky.
[B]?HAHA! Can you fly? I doubt it! Mouth Blast!?[/B]
I randomly fired energy balls out of my mouth to distract her. I just had to distract her for a couple more seconds and I would be able to launch a deadly attack.

OOC:I hope that was ok[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=veranda]I gave a sharp, yip-like bark, and grinned. My pointed teeth showed, and I said, ?[b]Fly? Like a bird to the sky, my dear.[/b]? The four dark, crimson feathered wings materialized on my back, and with a powerful sweep, I took flight.

The wings beat the air behind me, and I bared my teeth. ?[b]Half fox demon, half fallen angel. Nice, neh?[/b]? My wrist flicked back then forward in a deadly motion, and a small, razor sharp knife flew at my opponent with insane speed.

It dug into his shoulder, and he cursed. I gave a sick little smile that once again bared my teeth, and beat the air feircly with my wings. The tips of my ears showed through my hair, and I reached up to pull the pins out. As it was, the two pins were really two long, thin knives, and I let them dance around in my hands as my hair tumbled down to fall roughly at the middle of my back.

[I]I hope he doesn?t expect mercy from me.[/I]

I started humming under my breath again, the two knives in one hand, the end of the chain in the other. I wrapped the chain back around my waist, and two more knives entered my empty hand.

I moved around him, and duplicates showed up. I said in a soft, haunting voice, the duplicates mimicking me, ?[b]Where am I?[/b]?[/font][/size]

[SIZE=1]Kita's duplicates were surrounding me, and freaking me out, I had to act fast or things could get messy. But I remembered an old attack that will reveal the real kita to me; my deadly attack would have to wait.
[B]"You may have the knives, but do you have the skill? BLACKOUT!"[/B]
Then, a vial of thick black mist surrounded all of the kita?s eyes.
[B]"Like my attack? Because there are plenty more were that came from"[/B]
I fired energy balls from my mouth at all of kita duplicates, and because they couldn't see me, I kept firing until I came to the real kita. But kita quickly flew higher into the air.
[B]"There is no use flying away, as the old saying goes `you can run but you can't hide`. i will eventually catch you"[/B] I flew up after her at top speed, i wasn't going to let her wait to my attack wore off.[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=veranda]I bit my lip; the blackness covering my eyes was irritating. So I swallowed, and said, ?[b]You asked for it.[/b]? I let my lips part, and a high pitched wail-screech echoed. I could hear him scream, and knew he was covering his ears.

?[b]I won?t work, human.[/b]? I flapped faster, soaring into the air. I desperately wanted the blackness to go away. Using my ears only, I flung a dagger at him, and by the curse, it had hit. I wish I could see where I had hit, but the rush of air near me told me it hadn?t impared his flying. [b]?Damn?[/b]?

I whirled, and my wing?s blasted a gust towards where I knew he had to be. I said through gritted teeth, ?[b]Can you still hear?[/b]? There was a silence, and the blackness became a blurriness. ?[b]A little.[/b]? I cursed myself low under my breath, and blinked rapidly, trying to see. Everything have a black haze, and was hard to see, but atleast I wasn?t totally blind. I whooshed away, flying at top speed.

He raced after me, and I said, ?[b]Later[/b].? The wings disappeared, and I dropped to the ground. I landed lightly on my feet, and made a dash for where he had flung my earlier dagger. I grabbed it up, slid it back in it?s sheath, and took out a long, jagged edged knife. I could hear Mantis coming to land near me, and I turned. The haze was becoming less, and I could see his form. I held the knife steady, and said, ?[b]You are so dead meat, human.?[/b][/size][/font]

OOC: Alright, that match was as long as most of the other matches. Now Dragon Warrior is to judge. That was a pretty good fight. The match is over, time for the results:

[size=1][font=veranda]OOC: I do agree with poo62.2, by the way. EVen if I don't get another post, he should. EVen if the battles were... erm... the same amount of posts, our posts weren't as long.

Ah, well. DOn't douibt yourself, poo. You did amazingly well. ^_^ I appluad you. It was actually a fair battle. I had to remind myself numerous time while writing my last post tht she couldn't see.[/size][/font]