OtakuBoards

Yes! I can still draw! O_o;;

Ezekiel

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]*looks at the title and shudders* Well, I haven't drawn for such a long time I was scared that I had lost what 'talent?, if you can call it that, I had before O_o;;

Anyways, these are just a couple of pictures that I've done in the last couple of days and I'm pretty proud of both of them.

The first one is a fanart of Mousse, from Ranma 1/2. Now I know [I]he[/I] looks a lot like a girl, but that is unfortunately what my style does to him -.-;;
I'm quite happy with how the picture came out though, especially his hand.

The second one is my own character, his name is Imric Kagushi and I think this is the best picture I've ever drawn of him. I know Kazuya Mineruka done the same theme with her Saiyuki boys, but I didn't use any of those pics as a reference, just inspiration!
I know it's only the line art; I'm still busy with the colour version so that will probably be up tomorrow.

I just wish I knew how to CG...even better, I wish I could afford Photoshop!

Anyways, I'm not expecting praise, but constructive comments and the like are much appreciated, I really want to get better.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yay... I like the second one. That poor little plushie, bear thing. I draw so much as it is, but when I start viewing other peoples' stuff I get this impulsive urge to just drop everything and ravage my sketchbook. =]

The first one, Mousse you say? I love Ranma 1/2, but unfortunately all I've been able to read is up to volume.. 9, I think, of the manga. Is Mousse the male figure skater from one of their crazy little battles? I like hand-in-front-of-the-face poses in general.

You don't [i]have[/i] to afford Photoshop, necessarily.. Lord knows I can't, buuut.
Hand coloring methods are sometimes much, much, much better and more appreciated than CGing. Or perhaps this only applies when you stink at it, which is me. Heheh..

[i]-edit- It was in my thread where we established this, wasn't it? Wow, I have a terrible memory... ^^'[/i]

[color=orange][size=1][font=veranda]*runs around screaming* Sexy Imric and dead bunny rabbit! And I remember Mousse! ^_^ *drools over Imric* He is as sexy as always, chicka! This is the best picture of him I have seen. Nice work, Jamie![/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Yay! Imric has more than just me as his fan >_>;;; thanks for the nice comments, you two, I appreciate it ^_^

Now, I finished colouring the Imric picture...I really wish I hadn't done the bunny in pink -.-;;; Oh well.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=orange][size=1][font=veranda]*drools even more* He looks even better when colored. I love your shading and I envy your talent with clothes! I cannot do folds and things worth a darn. ^_^ And yesh, I am a Imric fan all the way![/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Well, here's an Imric chibi drawn especially for Steff-san ^_^ It's just a little present for being a great friend...probably also because I'm really slow and won't get her request done for a couple of days instead of the intended one. O_o;;; Yes, I'm VERY slow....but I hope you like this, Steff-san ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]As I have commented once before, Imric Kagushi has an absolutely awesome concept.

Although I've never personally seen the anime Ranma 1/2, I have seen images. The original artist style and yours are different in main aspects mainly the styles of which you both currently practice in. But I really do think you've gotten his character design done. And have done a great job in converting one style from another. While still having the character resemble, or look like him, with the same attitude towards the character's design.

I really adore your picture of Mousse. You've done a beautiful job with colors, shading, and positioning of his neck, head, and where the his hand comes into the picture. I really like the amount of detail you've chosen to add to the image. Not too much, but not too little. Adding for an even better design since the amount of detail goes well with the shades you've chosen.

You do an extraordinary job on cleaning up line art.

However, in this you need a bit more work on autonomy. The composition of his body is off. His body curves are fine, but his waist would still probably be a bit more visible. (Even in from viewing at a straight forwards angle) Imric's left leg bend, somewhat, strangely and could probably be taken inwards more. Folds on the right leg are kind of weird. Since they don't fit around the way of his movement too well. Both of the feet are off by angles, the left one would probably be flat on the ground. The right one turns a bit out of place, as if his ankle is broken. Sorry, but the autonomy both his feet are off.

I won't comment on the Chibi, I know absolutely nothing about Chibis.

As an over all statement, you do just great when coloring by hand. All your colors are greatly matched, and go well together. Your positioning has gotten better since the last time I had seen your work, even though you still might want to study up on it a little. And I truly admire your shading skills, and concepts.

You can actually CGI/CG with MS Paint. And you can do pretty great stuff with that program. Even though it might take longer, it will help you further advance your skills in other programs. So many people don't know how to get the special options in MS Paint. ;-;

If you ever need to know anything feel free to ask. Hope to see more you your work, Crucifix.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]
Wah! It's Mousse! It's even prettier than what I see in the animated series! Your style reminds me of [i]Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure[/i] with the narrow eyes and the well-defined clean black lines. Great job in coloring his skin. It's so Saiyuki! The the outline is very even; I like that. And that lovely pose! *swoon*
Just one thing though: Maybe you could darken the top piece of his hair, that way his bangs could blend in.

As for the title of this thread: You can draw (really well!)

Love and Peace! :love2:
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]I haven't updated this thread in a while, I know it's not on the first couple of pages so I hope bringing it back is okay...since I started it and I figured it was better than starting a while new thread.... anyways, with that ramble over, I bring to you...some more drawing by me, eh heh.

[U]Picture the First-[/U]
[I]Imi Kagami.[/I]

I've been working on this character since I first started drawing manga, she's based on me although when I first drew her she had long blonde hair O_o.
Now her hairstyle is similar to mine.
Anyway, I haven't drawn girls in quite a while, so this is probably off somehow *cringe* I never did enjoy drawing girls as much, maybe because I'm not very good at it, lol.

[U]Picture the Second-[/U]
[I]Fallen Angel/Imric Kagushi.[/I]

Yet another Imric picture. I know his left hand is too small and the blood looks dodgy and the wing...I could go on for ages.
But I do have an excuse for the crappy-ness. I started this as a stupid doodle when I was staying at my friends, but she had never seen me draw and wanted to see the picture coloured, so there.... I coloured it XD.

[U]Picture the Third-[/U]
[I]Imric Gift.[/I]

This is a gifty for my dear friend [B]Steff[/B] (Rhian) and I know I spelt her name wrong on the heart >_< stupid me. But I'm not expecting you to be looking at the heart anyways >_>
The coloured version is on its way, slowly but surely I am finishing it.
Consider this picture an apology for not working on the manga we had set our sites on ;_;

That's it for now; comments and crit. are definitely appreciated![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=Sienna]Ah! I'm late! You can't start the party without me! :all:

Ok, so...
Imi Kagami: Wow... you do clothing really well! Even the transparent stuff was pulled off with near-perfection. The bright red hurts my eyes a little, but it's a great character design. Oh, one comment- the shuriken she's holding looks a little awkward because the end she's holding is long than the others. Unless that's how it's supposed to be. Not good at drawing girls? Nonsense! By the way, I like the short hair style with the beanie-style cap.

Fallen Angel Imric: Oooo, everyone loves wings! Reminds me of Israfel/Tsukasa... um, anyway! The blood was pulled off rather well, despite what you think, and the coloring looks nice and smooth. The only fault I can find is that his face looks awkward because the foreheads a little elongated. But like you said, it started out as a doodle...

Imric Gift: Hahaha, Steph is gonna flip out when she sees this! ::remembers he hasn't made her a neat little banner in a long time:: ... ok, gotta go! Good work!

[SIZE=1]wish I could draw that well ;_;[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]*bops Jacob* SHup. :p I already did. And left a comment. I don't think it was long enough, though.

*screams, and grabs her picture* MINEMINEMINE!!!!! *gets bopped on the head with a metal baseball bat by her friend* OW! MY IMRIC! *grins madly*

You know I like it. >> You can draw girls, but not the type of style that suits girls... V_V I like the outfit, its neat, but its just not the style that would flatter her. You know I like any picture of Imric. ^________^

*goes back to being a slobbering fangirl*[/size][/font][/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]As always I love your shading. You've gotten down blending of colors. Most of the comments that I could have made have already been stated. You're getting to good for me to critic. I'll be the first to post next time. v_v

-----------------------------------------

[b]Imi Kagami.[/b]

Wow, her boots are really...Shiny. O.o

I, now, understand what you mean about drawing females. Her chest is a bit off, but the rest of the image is alright.

I like the color scheme, but you might what to use a redder red. Or a more settle shade. I also really like her design and expression. She seems to be a rather strong character.

[b]Fallen Angel/Imric Kagushi.[/b]

First of all the wing. I cannot find anything wrong with the wing. It's a bit sketchy near the upper most, unlike most of the picture with has clean lines. But I love the how the style is on the breaking feathers.

I think most of the anatomy looks good. The few things I can find wrong have already been stated.

The flower in the pants, or is it a tattoo, is a nice touch.

[b]Imric Gift.[/b]

Other then he looks really hot. I cannot say anything. :P
[/SIZE][/COLOR]