OtakuBoards

Experimental Wars [M-VLS]

Kayin Cloud

Science Fiction/Future/Fantasy
The year is 2704 A.D. The Earth has expanded into the frontier of space. They established nine space colonies throughout the solar system: US Zero, Spain Zero, China Zero, Japan Zero, Russia Zero, France Zero, Germany Zero, Australia Zero, and UK Zero Colonies. Since the development of the colonies, all of them have been under the Earth Alliance. However, twenty years after the development of the colonies, 2649 A.D., five of the nine colonies separated themselves from the Earth Alliance as the ?Phoenix Alliance?. What colonies were left of the Earth Alliance, including Earth, renamed themselves the ?Dragon Alliance.? The Dragon Alliance was upset with the Phoenix Alliance for showing, what they called, disrespect to their home. Ten years after the separation, 2659 A.D., the Phoenix Alliance declared a war on their terms for their independence from Earth. The Dragon Alliance accepted and agreed to the humane yet at the same time inhumane terms. Each alliance selected one person as a representative of each colony so as to reduce the number of casualties in this war?however these people were to be genetically altered to fight for their alliance. The Phoenix Alliance?s fighters were chosen already and waited at the alteration lab until the Dragon Alliance had their fighters. No one from the Dragon Alliance would be willingly altered just to fight a war, so the Alliance leaders decided to have their fighters kidnapped and brought to the alteration lab on Earth. Once both sides had their fighters, the alteration commenced: The Dragon Alliance fighters were called ?Project Ryus? and The Phoenix Alliance?s combatants were called ?Project Houha.? Each fighter?s name was soon forgotten so they were instead given numbers. Thier genetic code was altered as soon as experimentation began to prevent them from aging. These fighters? physical abilities were amplified immensely and were also each given six special abilities. They had weapons crafted that only worked correctly with the user?s genetic code. The last thing that was necessary to allow the combatants to keep their strength and to give them special abilities was to infuse them with an elemental spirit. Project Ryu received Dragon spirits and Project Houha received Phoenix spirits. For each side, each number was given a specific elemental spirit: Experiment 1 received a Light spirit, 2 received a spirit of Darkness, 3 a spirit of Fire, 4 Thunder, and 5 a spirit of Water/Ice. 45 years later, present date, the experiments had all been completed. The Project Houha experiments awaken and are informed of their new abilities. But now the Project Ryu experiments begin to awake, and the Dragon Alliance is going to regret kidnapping them?
?Yes, and fully compatible.?
?What about the control device??!? One of the experiments awaken.
?What the? where the hell am I?!? The experiment clutches his weapon and attacks some of the scientists.
?Professor! The control device is inoperable!?
?What?! That means the others will awaken as well!? Just as that was said, the four others awaken. ?Restrain the subjects now!
?We can?t sir! We amplified their abilities past those of the restraints!?
The five people who were altered look at each other, confused, then escape the facility as a group.
?We?ve lost our defense against the Pheonix Alliance? the Earth and the Dragon Alliance are finished? and those poor children were altered in vain?Hopefully, they?ll find a way to live with it.?
?Sir? the Dragon spirits should guide them?hopefully to defend the Dragon Alliance the Phoenix Alliance?s ?Project Houha???
The group escaped and ran to a nearby forest. They all stopped at an open area in the forest. They had realized that their speed was drastically faster.
?What did they do to us?? Project Ryu-3 asked.
?No clue but I don?t plan on fighting any war.? Project Ryu-4 replied
?Why the hell did they have to pick us anyway?? Project Ryu-2 said.
Should we go back and find out? Maybe we can learn what they did to us? and why?? Project Ryu-5 stated.
?Yeah? I think we should find out??Project Ryu-1 said. ?Oh yeah? My name is Takahiro, from Japan Zero Colony? Who might you all be?? He asked, sheathing his Ryu blade and holstering X-Calibur.

OOC: your first post should take place on the earth. If you are a Houha then you have just arrived on Earth. If you are a Ryu, you'll be introducing yourselves and possibly your personalities. Actually, all who post here's first post should give a look into their personality

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Teal]
[i]Girl who has come from afar, who has been brought from afar
Sometimes you give a fleeting look that sparkles under the sky *[/i]

Maria looked up at the sky, an expanse of blue so vast that it seemed to contain the sea in the horizon beyond. The sea breeze flowed into the docking ports of Zanzibar, trailing in its fingertips Maria?s ebony hair.
[i]Beats the view in Titania by a long shot. Sure wish I brought my camera along.[/i]

She wove through the crowd, her head buried in a guidebook. ?Galapagos was declared a UN [i]whatever that is blah blah[/i]? Most of the city?s underwater, the terrestrial part being the prime spot for vacationing visitors.? A sigh escaped from her lips; the guidebook was useless.
[i]I?d better ask the locals.[/i]

Ten minutes later, Maria entered a gift shop. It housed an amazing number of curios and had everything from fuel cells to funky flip-flops. She approached the clerk and asked for a camera as she watched a brooding figure at the corner of her eye.

[b]OOC:[/b] * A lousy translation of a verse from Neruda?s Poeme 11. In need of a Houha to play the part of the "brooding figure".

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]The shadows of the shop kept Yuriy well hidden, he was glad he had found this place earlier. A pair of cold green eyes flashed as a girl entered the door, he smirked and stepped out of the shadows so that she would be able to see him, for he knew what she was.

Picking up a jar and studying it mindlessly, the boy continued to watch the girl out of the corner of his eye, making sure that she hadn't left.

After arriving on Earth, Yuriy had done nothing but destroy his surroundings, he loved chaos, he loved war and most of all...he loved blood.
The other Houha seemed to detest this part of his character, the agreed that they were here to fight but the redhead took it too far. He would easily turn this whole mission into a blood fest if he were given the chance.

Walking across to the other side of the shop, Yuriy brushed past the girl lightly, his touch was cold and unsettling and smirked as he watched the girl shudder. The shopkeeper finally produced a camera and handed it to the female, she paid and promptly left, with Yuriy just behind her.

OOC Erm...was that okay O_o[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Chloe watched the two Houha leave the giftshop. One a girl holding a camera, the other - the boy renowned for his taste of blood. She heaved a sigh.
[I]So, two of them already? They sure got us all here fast.[/I]
She drank the last of the soda from a can and crushed it with ease. The blue sky sparkled with the satelite shield reflecting rays of light, creating the sparkle effect. Chloe sighed again.
[I]More Houha's. Doesn't the Professor know that I am the only one who can take the whole Dragon Alliance down? I'm the only one needed. Why did he even bother?[/I]

Once the two Houhas mingled into the crowd of tourists, Chloe decided to follow them. Like the others, she could sense where each of them were. It wasn't unusual. Her plan was to follow the boy, who she knew was following the girl.
[I]Where are these two off to?[/I]

OOC: hope this is ok bro!

The sun blazed with life, the forest winds blew in a cool breeze, and the clouds peered from a far in wait for the sky to welcome a storm.
A tall man leaned on his bike, and looked up at the sky. With a calm, and settle look on his face he paused, and then removed his shades.
" I am Asim, and if I remember correctly I was taken from Iraq " He murmured.
" I think I remember something about our purpose, it was something about fighting a Pheonix or a group of those, but I can't remember... " He continued.

Then he sounded a low, and short chuckle.
" What? " Takahiro asked.
" It's quite amusing " Asim said.
" What is ? " Takahiro asked again.
" The surfacing of information, and memories in my mind. An entire lifetime of thoughts, scenes, and names is vaguely materializing in my conciounce. Yes I'm awakening " He said.
Then without a word he turned around, and just focussed on remembering things from the past.

Sitting on his bike, he felt one of the silver armguards he wore. Suddenly a violet blaze was released, and a long trident was in Asim's hand. Then it dissappeared, as suddenly as it emerged.
" Yes now I remember " He whispered, with a grin.
" I am Project Ryu-4 The Dreaming Lightning " He hissed, as a surge of energy went through his body.
With this a thunder bolt came crashing down nearby blasting a tree into tiny splinters.

He then turned his head back to the group, and a faint gust of wind swept through them, as he grinned enigmaticly.
" They were, or should I say are called The Pheonix Alliance. Our enemies " He muttered.

Project Ryu 2 looked at all the others in the vicinity of the forest. He frowned being around these four others. Since everyone was introducing themselves, he thought he might as well do the same. After a few minutes of thought as the others talked, Project Ryo 2 decided to introduce himself and no more.

"My name is Cory Matthews...from Germany Zero..."

He suddenly looked down when a few of them looked to him.

"...one of you said that someone done something to us?" He asked.
"I did."

Cory looked over to the girl that spoke.

"Well, I'm outta here. I'm gonna go and kill the people that did anything to me.."

Cory started to walk off, checking his swords and guns, making sure he had all his equipment.

Asim grinned at the recklesness of Ryu-2, and sounded a short interval of laughter.
" Damn fool " He laughed.
" What did you say ? " Cory looked over his shoulder.
" You heard me " Asim said, as he stood up.
" You'd better shut up you know, I don't see you coming up with any ideas " Cory shouted.

" Patience my friend, patience..." Asim murmured.
" You don'y even know what has been done to you, and you want to go with your weapons blazing, and kill off what could be our only hope for finding out what has happened to us ?" He continued.
" I'll beat the truth out of them " Cory roared.
" They'll shoot you down like a rabid dog " Asim chuckled.
" Just wait for now, and everything will come to you..." He muttered.
" You will soon awake, as I have " Asim said.

The angry Ryu-2 sheathed his weapons, and finally responded to reason though he still frowned, and was not completely convinced with his comrades' words.
" We must combine our strength, and see if this Pheonix Alliance is really worth fighting. It will all come to us " Asim said.
At that moment Asim's mind flashed with a blazing, and painful memory. A vision of himself with a girl. He was instantly disorientated, but tried to maintain his balance.
Her name quickly surfaced in his mind, and travelled to his lips.
" Sophie... " He whispered.

She was his love a very long time ago, and the scenes he saw were like salt on a bleeding wound. They released a long forgotten sense of hatred, and malice.
His fists were clenched, and his soul burned, as he watched her getting killed in his mind, he was sure that the people that killed her were the same that captured him, but still he hid this anger, because the group was already infuriated, and by showing his anger he would only be pouring gas on a wild fire causing nothing, but chaos within their ranks.

He was helpless in the visions, restrained by a strange force he was forced to watch her die. Rage blossomed in his heart, but then he started to calm down.
The people who killed her, were sure to be dead after such a long time. It would be pointless to get angry on something that had passed such a long time ago, and there was nothing he could actually do about it, he thought to himself.

He calmly regained his senses, and took control of his emotions.
" What happened ? " One of the group asked.
" Nothing, now let us continue with the introductions, I'm sure they will be quite helpful for remembering what happened to us " He quietly muttered.

The dock official exhaled loudly as his back hit the wall, the impact drawing cracks in its surface, and fell to his knees gasping for air. As he stood, his right arm limp and bloody at his side, the girl pulled him forward, raising her spear for another strike. As her eyes glared viciously into his own, he began to tremble with uncontrollable fear. As she leaned forward to speak, everything behind her seemed to fall into darkness.

"I'll ask one more time, where are they? I suggest you answer honestly."

"Who? I don't know what you're on about!"

"Do you want to die?" A sadistic smile flashed across Elissa's face as the official stuggled hopelessly to break free of her grip. Digging her fingers deep into his shoulder, she forced him into the wall heavily, further deepening the cracks. "Three, maybe four of them. About my age. Difficult to miss, even for an idiot like you."

"I don't know!! Do you know how many peope your age come - "

His words trailed off into an anguished scream as Elissa dug her nails deeper into his flesh. Plunging her yari into the ground, she placed her free hand on his forehead, slowly grinding his head against the already unstable wall.

"Think harder. There are others here who could help me. And if I don't need you anymore -" Elissa paused for a few seconds, letting the obvious conclusion sink in. Seeing that her methods of persuasion seemed to be taking effect, she quickly continued. "Well? Do you remember now?"

"There were three of them. There was something ... strange ... about them. You could see it in their eyes."

Pulling him slowly away from the wall, she whispered quietly. "And? Aren't you forgetting something?"

He answered in a slightly less pained though still frightened tone. "I don't know where they are now," He lifted his left hand, pointing towards a small gift shop, a large crowd lingering nearby. "But I saw all three head off in that direction, one after another. That's all I know."

Elissa took two steps back, dragging the official completely away from the blood-stained concrete. Letting out a small yelp as she tore her fingers from his shoulder, he rose weakly to his feet, standing two inches higher than Elissa. Elissa took one further step backwards, and smiled sadistically.

"Thank you for your help. I hope the funeral goes well."

"What?! You wouldn't -"

Drawing a katana with her right hand, Elissa brought the blade into a rising diagonal slash across the official's chest, silencing him. Continuing the slash into a backwards spin kick, she lashed out with her right heel, sending the man through the wall and bringing it crashing down on top of him. Sheathing the katana and taking her Yari in hand, she allowed the shadows that had obscured the scene to disappear, and wandered off towards the large crowd. Within less than a minute, she heard screams behind her, as blood began to pool around the heap of shattered concrete.

"Ha! Better to make my presence known early!"

Chloe had follwed the two Houha to a warehouse in the shipyard.
" Strange..."
In the far off distance, screams could be heard. Chloe whipped around.
" Another..."
She flipped onto one of the warehouse roofs, watching for the culprit of the screams to come forth. Minutes passed by. Nothing. Another few minutes. CHloe scanned the shipyard when she heard the crack of tin behind her. She whipped around, letting fly one of her daggers. It hit its target. A girl about the same age as her had crept up behind her. Chloe stood up. The girl pulled the dagger from her arm.
" I suppose this is yours," she said, throwing the dagger back with full force. Chloe smiled. She should know better then to challenge the Houha of Thunder to a game of speed. Chloe masterfully grabbed the flying dagger out of the air without spilling one drop of blood. The girl smiled.
" Houha of Thunder, I should have guessed."
" And you are?" Chloe queried, feeling the ocean breeze blow from behind her. The two Houha faced each ohter on top of the warehouse, where phoenix spirits belonged, in the sky.
" Elissa, Houha of..."

Staring into the blue sky, his thoughts were scrambled, and distorted. Why should he fight? Whom should he fight? These are questions that tore his soul a sunder.
He could not hear, or see his supposedly fellow comrades. His mind was shrouded with confusion. Then little by little a vision was forming before his eyes. He could
Vaguely make out what it was.

Closing his eyes the scene became clearer. It projected his homeland, Baghdad being torched down to the ground. Children wept, and widows cried tears of blood over the mangled corpses of their husbands.

What was this nightmare? He thought to himself. Then misty figures became visible. They were the ones that caused all the destruction. Watching them as they killed, and wrecked it soon became clear to him that they were his enemies, soldiers of the Phoenix alliance. His teeth clenched, and his rage rustled deep within his soul.

" No..." He roared as he opened his eyes.
" No, oh God please no... "He said, as he fell on his knees.
Panting with anger, and hate his eyes blazed with thunder, and his fists gleamed with blue sparks.

" We must stop them, and we must move now there is no time. I can't wait" He muttered, as he put on his shades, and revved up the engine of his bike.
" You will soon understand what is happening, and follow me. Farewell for now..." He said, and with these words he turned his bike into the direction of a dusty road.
" I'm sorry..." He hissed.

Then he lifted the front of his motorcycle, and it sped away like a blazing bullet.
Placing it back into regular position he bent his back, and stared into the road in front of him.

" Where are they? "He whispered.
" I must concentrate..." He muttered.
A vague memory of some information regarding the suspected deployment point for the Houhas that was given to him in the labs blazed in his mind.

" Yes..." He said, as he stopped the bike, and paused.
" Zanzibar, I remember it quite well " He grinned.
" Here I come spawns of hell " He spat, and then sped away into the horizon.
After three hours, he reached a port city. Sounds of distant screaming reached his ears, and a certain disturbing feeling crept up his spine. He suspected that it was the place, in which his enemies were.

As he came closer to the entrance of the town he saw a crowd people gathering around a bloody corpse. He was now sure that his enemies were there, and so he slowly drove in on the main street in search of adversaries that were like cobras lurking in the shadows.