OtakuBoards

The New Formula For Getting Chicks!!!

Sauce-head

[QUOTE=James][color=#707875]But just look at your custom title. I mean...surely that says it all.

It's easy to approach the situation from a bitter angle if something has gone wrong, relationship-wise (and believe me, I've experienced it more than I want to remember, lol).

But at the end of the day, it's an unhealthy attitude that won't lead to a fruitful relationship in the future.

And please...let's keep things as civil as possible. If you want to discuss something, it can be done [i]without[/i] insults.[/color][/QUOTE]

I only have a bad attitude to the women who played games on me before I even knew they were playing games. After I realized all this stuff, I didn't really care after, it wasn't so much emotional, as it was just a waste of my time and money. And I care about my time and money. I don't have a problem with women in general, and I don't think one sex is better than the other.

Anyways back to lessons.

----------

Practice Makes Perfect-

To get good with girls, you have to prioritize it. Just like going to the gym, you gotta stay consistent with your meals and training to see results. One of the best ways to get good with girls is to practice your communication and non-verbal communication skills. Now just like in lifting, you didn't go to the gym on your 1st day and squat 3 plates. You started at a much lower weight and built yourself up to 3 plates. Samething goes for girls. I know a lot of you are won't admit it, but your very intimidated by really attractive girls. You get all nervous and have no clue what to say . So start off on that acne-prone chick in your science class. Or that glue eating girl in math. Of course you would never want to hook up with these girls, but use them as bait to practice for the big fish... Here's what your goals should be:

1-Approach 5 random girls everyday for a week that are between 1-5 on looks. Start a conversation with them about ANYTHING!! Notice how your not intimadated by them AT ALL?? Talking to these girls and being confident is easy. Why? Because you know your better than them. That should be the mentality you have with EVERY GIRL!! Anyway, your focus isn't even to get their numbers, its to become comfortable in front of girls in general.

2-For the next 2 weeks approach 5 more girls everyday that are between a 6-7 on looks. Do the same thing, just get comfortable talking to them.

After this 3 week period, your conversation skills(eye contact, voice tone, the way you walk, Alpha Male skills) should have improved dramatically. So now your ready to step up to the majors and talk to the really hot girl. Now to keep yourself from getting nervous in front of the really hot girls, just keep this in mind: Talk about ANYTHING EXCEPT THEIR LOOKS!!! They know how hot they are and when they hear that 20x a day, they almost take it as an insult. Even worse they label you as a "nice-guy wussy." Did you know that girls decide within 5 minutes of meeting you, whether or not they'd have sex with you? So just think, if you can be Alpha-confident PUA for 10 minutes, you've got it made.. Girls that are really attractive want to be appreciated for anything except their looks. Keep that in mind and you'll do well. And if you fear rejection or a girl laughing at you, you shouldn't. 99% of the time a girl will be friendly, even if she 's not interested in you. So go get some hours in the batting cage and practice for your big at bat.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Harry]

Women must be tricked into a relationship.[/quote]

I just re-read this thread. In general see a lot of comments like Harrys. I realize that I'm not the best person to talk about relationships since I have had only one but that relationship has gone on for 21 years.

First as most of you know I grew up in an all girls school and all of the "dates" I ever had were arranged and chaperoned. I never did any dating and although several young men did try to pick me up I never responded to their advances.

Ranger (sitting here with me over coffee) says the worst thing a boy of today can hear from a girl is "No!." That know No , said often enough is sometimes injurious to a boys phsych. and often leads to a feeling of rejection and inferiority. Ranger says that problems with picking up girls is nothing new and he had the same problem even when he was in the AF. He has never picked up a girl in his life, not even me. We just met wandering around the estate house we were at for an affair neither of us wanted to be at. Both of us had left the ball and were wandering around until we could graciously leave. He had no "line" and I was just looking at a bronze statue of young girl jumping rope. The first thing he ever said to me was how on much he liked the bronze and that started us takling about it. From there we just wandered around looking at the art work and eventually walked in to the garden.

We just talked, about my school, where he lived (the desert), Vietnam, his job with F-111 Aardvarks, why we didn't want to be there. Eventually he said he had to return to the base and he asked me if I needed a ride home. I didn't really yet I said
that would be fine if he didn't mind so we left. His car was a White Aston Martin DB6 and as we drove home I asked him why this car? His response was so honest I didn't know what to say. He said that he liked hot cars and it was a "chick magnet" I asked him if that worked and he said, 'No, but it handles great". then he took me on a ride around to show off his car eventually arriving at my flat.

When we arrived he walked me up to the door thanked me for a very lovely evening and turned to go. No hint of trying to kiss me or even touch me other than to shake hands. Then I asked him in for a cup of tea. I don't know why I did it, asking a man into my flat. "It just wasn't done". When he started to leave and he and was asking for my phone number and could he see me again just leaned over and gently kissed me. His kiss was aimed for my cheek but I intercepted it and put it someplace else. I put my arms around him not to hug or hold him, I didn't want him to leave. Our (my) first kiss was clumsy like a teens first kiss only he was 36 with experience and I was 19 with none. He said he had to return toto a man especiallysince we had just met and when he said yes my heart jumped. He was my first everything and we are still together.

Even today I don't know why I asked him to stay other than to say, "Love at fist sight"? We met on Feb 27 and were married on Apr 27 1983 exactly three months from the day we met.

[quote=Harry]
[b]Women must be tricked into a relationship.[/b][/quote]

Where was the trickery. The pick up line, the bid to bed this young lady, girl, women. I know; it was the car. I never like that car and he sold it because I asked him to get something else, so he bought a 12 year old Rolls Royce.

We met by accident and just started to tallk that's all. No pickup, no line, just a comment on how beautiful he thought the ebronze was.

So you see, even at 36 men have problems "picking up women". So how is it done? How do you pick up women. There have been a lot of men who have tried to pick me up. Even today it happens [size=1] Makes me feel wonderful to know that men do that, but ranger dioesn't like it at all.[/size], usually at the Alamo, and the most successful would be the those who aren't artifical. Note I did not say "be yourself" I said, "Do not be artifical". There is another way to meet girls as well you know; have someone introduce you, either to a girl you would like to invite out or to a stranger just don't force anything.

Now I have a question, this whole thing has been about boys picking up girls and getting laid. What about the other way around. Girls hitting on guys. We have a ranger here named Tim and he is a veritable chick magnet, for some reason the girls chase him. Why?

[quote=Harry]

Women must be tricked into a relationship.[/quote]

I just re-read this thread. In general see a lot of comments like Harrys. I realize that I'm not the best person to talk about relationships since I have had only one but that relationship has gone on for 21 years.

First as most of you know I grew up in an all girls school and all of the "dates" I ever had were arranged and chaperoned. I never did any dating and although several young men did try to pick me up I never responded to their advances.

Ranger (sitting here with me over coffee) says the worst thing a boy of today can hear from a girl is "No!." That know No , said often enough is sometimes injurious to a boys phsych. and often leads to a feeling of rejection and inferiority. Ranger says that problems with picking up girls is nothing new and he had the same problem even when he was in the AF. He has never picked up a girl in his life, not even me. We just met wandering around the estate house we were at for an affair neither of us wanted to be at. Both of us had left the ball and were wandering around until we could graciously leave. He had no "line" and I was just looking at a bronze statue of young girl jumping rope. The first thing he ever said to me was how on much he liked the bronze and that started us takling about it. From there we just wandered around looking at the art work and eventually walked in to the garden.

We just talked, about my school, where he lived (the desert), Vietnam, his job with F-111 Aardvarks, why we didn't want to be there. Eventually he said he had to return to the base and he asked me if I needed a ride home. I didn't really yet I said
that would be very nice if he didn't mind so we left. His car was a White Aston Martin DB6 and as we drove home I asked him why this car? His response was so honest I didn't know what to say. He said that he liked hot cars and it was a "chick magnet" I asked him if that worked and he said, 'No, but it handles great". Then he took me on a ride around to show off his car eventually arriving at my flat.

When we arrived he walked me up to the door thanked me for a very lovely evening and turned to go. No hint of trying to kiss me or even touch me other than to shake hands. Then I asked him in for a cup of tea. I still don't know why I did it, asking a man into my flat and we were not even on a date, it was just a ride home Not only that "It just wasn't done". When he started to leave asked for my phone number and could he see me again just leaned over and gently kissed me. His kiss was aimed for my cheek but I intercepted it for my first real kiss. I put my arms around him not to hug or hold him, I didn't want him to leave. Our (my) first kiss was clumsy like a teens first kiss only he was 36 with experience and I was 19 with none.He said he had to return to the base when I asked him to spend the night, something I never thought I would say and when he said yes my heart jumped. I asked him impulsively and was very emabaressed to ask him yet I did. He was my first everything and we are still together. I never though I would do somethi glike that to a man especially since we had just met and when he said yes my heart jumped. He was my first everything and we are still together.

Even today I don't know why I asked him to stay other than to say, "Love at fist sight"? We met on Feb 27 and were married on Apr 27 1983 exactly three months from the day we met.

[quote=Harry]
[b]Women must be tricked into a relationship.[/b][/quote]

Where was the trickery. The pick up line, the bid to bed this young lady, girl, women. I know; it was the car. I never like that car and he sold it because I asked him to get something else, so he bought a 12 year old Rolls Royce.

We met by accident and just started to tallk that's all. No pickup, no line, just a comment on how beautiful he thought the bronze was.

So you see, even at 36 men have problems "picking up women". How is it done? How do you pick up women. There have been a lot of men who have tried to pick me up. Even today it happens [size=1] Makes me feel wonderful to know that men do that, but ranger doesn't like it at all.[/size], usually at the Alamo, and the most successful would be the those who aren't artificial. Note I did not say "be yourself" I said, "Do not be artifiical". There is another way to meet girls as well you know; have someone introduce you, either to a girl you would like to invite out or to a stranger just don't force anything, join a social group that's a good place to meet as well and don't force it, just let it happen.

Now I have a question, this whole thing has been about boys picking up girls and getting laid. What about the other way around? Girls hitting on guys? We have a ranger here named Tim and he is a veritable chick magnet, for some reason the girls chase him. Why?

Victoria and I have to start cooking, I check back later today. Happy Thanksgivinh.

***Note this article is valid for people who have had trouble picking up chicks (as is this thread, you don't really need to use this stuff unless you can easily pick up chicks). This is more about Just be Yourself, and I find it hard to disagree with.

---
Why Not "Just Be Yourself"
by Allen Thompson

Every day I'm emailed tons of tips and articles. Every day I read the 200+ new posts in the Don Juan Discussion Forum. Every day I surf the net looking for the latest, greatest relationship info. Every day I read books and magazines about dating, relationships, and women.

I see it all. The basic. The advanced. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Man, do I see a lot of the ugly!

Undoubtedly, the most common tip I see, whether it's in an article written by some famous relationship guru, or a post to a discussion group by some 15-year old freshman... is JUST BE YOURSELF.

If sheer volume were any indication of quality, then this tip would surely be in the Hall of Fame.

Unfortunately, volume is no indication of quality when it comes to relationship advice. In fact, much of the time it's just the opposite. "Just Be Yourself" is the one tip I'll never use. Not at the web site. Not in the newsletter. Not anywhere.

Just be yourself (abbreviated JBY from now on) is a dangerous or, at the very least, counter-productive tip for a number of reasons.

One - JBY is the advice you're most likely to receive from someone who has no clue about how women, dating, and relationships work.

It doesn't matter if that person is male or female, young or old, single or married -- it's the stock relationship answer when one doesn't know or can't think of anything else to say... but doesn't want to seem as clueless as he/she actually is.

Ask your buddy what women want, or your mother, or your minister, or Dr. Expert. They'll probably hit you with some version of JBY. Why? Not because it's the correct answer, but because they themselves have no idea what women want.

But they have to say something, right? And besides, they've been hearing JBY for their entire lives. It must be the right answer. How could something be so prevalent, and be wrong?

As a side benefit, JBY is also an answer which allows the advice-giver to feel a sense of smugness or superiority... as if simply seeking relationship advice in the first place is somehow indicative of lower intelligence or underdeveloped social skills. And oh how people like to feel smug.

But what happens if you press them a little, ask for more details? Tell them that you've been "just being yourself" your entire life and it's pretty much gotten you nowhere at all with women. In fact, you haven't even had a date in 2 years.

What about that?

At this point they'll probably shovel you the stock follow-up answer - "You just have to be patient and eventually you'll meet someone who's right for you."

Oh, and don't forget, "And if it doesn't work out between you and her, than it wasn't meant to be."

Be yourself. Patience. Faith. That's about the extent of the advice you're likely to receive.

I consider this to be utterly Ridiculous !!

What kind of advice or help is this to a person who's been struggling with women his whole life? A person who goes on one date every 6 months... and never gets a second date? A person who's lonely, depressed, unhappy? A person who's obviously doing something wrong but has no idea what it might be?

Rather than simply JBYing, and waiting patiently, and having faith, perhaps it would be more beneficial if the troubled person would decide to Take Charge and actively create the kind of life he wants. To learn the mistakes he's been making in the past and how to correct this in the future. To learn the correct attitudes, behaviors, and thoughts which will enable him to attract and keep the woman or women he wants.

This would be useful advice!

But then we'd run into another problem.

You see, the second major reason that JBY is so common and a potentially damaging piece of advice is that it gives the person in need an EXCUSE for not doing anything. A convenient excuse, validated by others (after all he asked), for continuing to do what he's always done. A convenient excuse to do only what he wants to do, or what feels comfortable for him.

A convenient excuse to sit on the couch every evening drinking beer and watching TV... because, after all, he's the kind of guy who likes to sit on the couch, drink beer, and watch TV.

You see being a Don Juan is not about being yourself. And it's certainly not about pretending to be someone that you're not. It's about becoming the person that you want to be. It's about self-improvement and reaching your full potential. It's about feeling good, being happy, and learning new things.

Time and time again I've gotten emails from people telling me how the information at SoSuave.com has changed their lives for the better. How they now understand "the game" better, and how their social lives have dramatically improved as a result.

Yet, get this, when they tell their friends about the site, about all the cool information there, and how it changed their lives... their friends are not the least bit interested.

Or their friends may even think the whole idea of "learning" how to act around women is ridiculous and try to make them feel bad for even suggesting such a thing.

The friends will then preach JBY to the person, and try to convince the person that he doesn't need "tricks and gimmicks" to do well with women.

These oh-so-wise friends are the same ones who cower in a corner when out at a bar. The same friends who spend most of their time surfing the net or playing computer games. The same friends who insist that you should buy flowers, write love notes, be "friends" first, take her to the most expensive restaurant in town, tell her you love her (on the first date), etc.

In other words, these friends don't have a clue, yet have the audacity to preach JBY to those who are trying to improve themselves and understand what really works.

Talk to them about challenge, body language, confusion, desperation, confidence, conversational strategies, or any of the other Basic Stuff at the site, and watch as their eyes glaze over like a deer caught in headlights.

Are you actually going to take advice from these people?

Why are they like this? Why can't they see that JBYing is not working for them? Why can't they understand that simply learning and implementing a few simple "tactics" could dramatically improve their lives?

Because they're lazy !!

Becoming a Don Juan is about self-improvement. And self-improvement often times involves work. Take a look at all the info at SoSuave.com. It would take WEEKS just to read it all. Then you have to commit it to memory. Then implement and practice. This takes time and effort.

Make no mistake about it... you're not going to go from a Non Juan to a Don Juan over night.

Do you think that Michael Jordan became the greatest basketball player in history by JBYing? When he failed to make the varsity team in High School, do you think he went home and said, "Oh well. I guess I'm just not much of a basketball player. But I'm sure there must be something else I can do."?

I don't think so. He grabbed the freakin ball, and practiced, and practiced, and practiced.

What about women? Do you think that they subscribe to the JBY model of dating? You tell me.

They spend hours working on their hair, their makeup, their skin, and everything else imaginable before going out. They spend untold fortunes on clothes, shoes, accessories, diet pills, and anything else they can find to make themselves more attractive.

And have you ever read Cosmo, Glamour, or any of the other women's magazines on the stand? Just look at the covers.

20 Ways to Make Him Fall in Love with You... Instantly
Is Your Man a Cheater? Take Our Test and Find Out
Bedroom Tactics to Rock His World

You see women have been studying "us" since they were old enough to read. When we're out burning ants, playing ball, or watching cartoons, they're pouring over the latest edition of Seventeen and discovering "New Kissing Techniques that Will Leave Him Drooling."

They're having slumber parties, giggling, and professing the merits of playing hard to get, not returning phone calls, flirting strategies, not looking desperate, body language, or whatever. They're learning the "game" and how to play it... and very very well.

We're busy JBYing... and they're researching, studying, and practicing. Is it any wonder that in most relationships the woman is in complete control? Is it any wonder that most guys, when they do occasionally get a date, make complete fools of themselves?

Is it any wonder that YOU'RE having so much trouble with women?

I think not. In fact, I think being an "idiot" is the norm for men. I think most guys are completely clueless.

And that's why those of you smart enough to seek out this site are destined for greatness.

Those of you who visit the site regularly, those of you who study and practice, those of you who've dedicated yourselves to learning and improving, should be commended. You are in the minority. And if you keep at it, you will reap the rewards.

And, oh man, how sweet the rewards !!!

---

Allen Thompson
[url]http://www.sosuave.com/articles/whynot.htm[/url]

---

Heres another lesson.

THE SCALE...

Ok in my last post I mentioned "THE SCALE." Now I know there are a ton of different varations of this, but here's the most accurate one I've heard of.

[B](Feel free to base the scale on personality only/looks only - it is really your decision, this is just an example.[/B]

The scale is 1-10, here are the catergories.

Face 0-2 pts
Breasts 0-2 pts
Butt 0-2 pts
Legs 0-2 pts
Personality 0-2 pts

So let's say a girl is "cute." That deserves a 1.5. Let's say she has "nice" breasts. That deserves a 1. Let's say she has an "ok" buttocks. That's a 0.5 as well. Let's say she has "good" legs. That's a 1.5 And a really great personality. That's a 2. So this girl would be a 6.5 on the scale.

So now that you know how the scale works, let's talk about how exactly you talk to a girl who's a 6 and how that differs from a girl that's a 8. Here's the general rules:

1-5: These girls are average and below average looking. They know they're not the cream of the crop, so don't give them a hard time too much and throw in a compliment or 2. DON'T OVER-DO THE COMPLIMENTS, 2 MAX!!!! These girls are not confident, so if you boost their ego slightly, they'll be more receptive to talking to you.

6-7: These are the girls who are labeled as "cute." They know they're not SUPER-HOT, but they definitely are confident and know they're better than average. With these girls, 1 compliment will do. Your compliments need to flow with the conversation, don't just tell her she has a great personality, when she's talking about sedimentary rock formations.

8-10: These girls have a bubble around them. The only guys who get to be inside their bubble is the guys who show that their not intimidated AT ALL!! These girls get NO COMPLIMENTS!!! In fact you should give them Negative Hits. If you don't know what that is, read the first page of this thread. Like I said above, mention anything but their looks. Tease them about the little things, tell them they write sloppy or ask them if she cried because a strand of hair is out of place etc. Do this in a playful way, so she knows your teasing but you're REALLY NOT.. Do not apologize or kiss-butt to these girls AT ALL!! Let's say hot girl X gives you her number. She tells you to call her at 8:00pm. You get busy and end up calling her at 8:35 pm. When you call, talk to her like everythings chill. She will then ask you why you didn't call earlier. Just tell her you were busy doing some things. Be vague, don't say, "I went to Mcdonalds and then I shaved my bum." Just say you were busy. Is this starting to make sense? Ok, if you've got questions, I've got answers, so let me know what you think.

[color=teal]I agree with Lady Rin. I've only been dating Jamie for about two weeks, but we've been good friends for a while. We met over a talk about what my character should be in an RPG of hers. No trying to pick her up, nothing personally helpful other than a talk about an RPG. Now, to Rin's question.

The reasons girls "chase" guys can be numerous indeed, as it is for guys going after girls. Several reasons I frown upon are money, getting laid, and popularity. I saw it all the time at my last high school. Two people who absolutely hate each other, or have no business whatsoever, go out because it makes them "the couple of the school".

Other reasons include a friendship that's matured into something more, or, like with Rin, love at first sight, which does exist. There could be a girl with a crush on a guy because he helped her out of a jam, or because he's physically attractive. Some girls chase guys to introduce them to their best friend and hope THEY hit it off.

Very little of that involves trickery, if any at all. Of course, Rin's significant other IS quite right. Plenty of guys, though by no means the majority, are unsure of themselves around girls and quite often it has to be the girl who has to take up the initiative. I was one of them, I know how it feels.

I ALSO know how it feels to be hurt, Baron Samedi. I gave everything, EVERYTHING, I could to a girl I thought really loved me. And she tore out my heart. Sure, for about a week I couldn't stop crying. Sure, I got a little angry at the world. But I moved on.

There's a special feeling in giving somebody EVERYTHING . A feeling of being completely overwhelmed by love, and it is a high unmatched by any drug. Sure, there's a tremendous risk involved, as your mother's experienced, but it was her choice, and I applaud her for it and for making it through it. It doesn't make her stupid. She was brave. She gave her heart three times, knowing each time she could get hurt. Did it stop her? No. So don't call me Legless, Samedi, or you're calling your own mother a stupid coward.

I fell in love with Jamie because she's sweet, cute, and has a good deal in common with me. Not to mention she's got a hell of a sense of humor. It had little to do with looks, there's no way in Hell I'm going to get laid within the next century, and she makes me feel HAPPY. I could get hurt, there's really a large chance of it. Is it stopping me? Hell no. I love her, and I want her to know that every moment of every day.

Various points I have made. Think on them.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Holy Christ,I'm not reading this! You actually gave a scale based MOSTLY on looks on how to rate a girl?!? If that's your psersonal scale, buckaroo, then it's no wonder you believe females lie. Two points for personality alone, if she has nothing else, rates her a "two", making her undesirable to you, where if she's a two in everything else, you've got eight points of absolute b*tch. And a girl with a "ten" isn't necessarily unattainable, my friend. A girl with a great personality might be a very nice woman willing to go out with a guy to get to know him. The only "unattainable" women are women you're too shy to talk to or too low on the "social ladder" to talk to because they're completely stuck up. Of course, they'd probably rate at most an "eight", like I said, for lack of personality.

And your "Just Be Yourself" rant seems to focus only on guys sit on the rears collecting dust. Somehow, I think you've completely lost the point of "Just Be Yourself". If you aren't yourself, you're what? A LIAR. And, correct me if i'm wrong, but women seem to be very disapproving of LIARS. Now, self-improvement is excellent and should always, always, always be something you strive for. But, if you're improving YOURSELF, in the end, when you've improved YOURSELF and you talk to a woman with no put-on airs and she responds, weren't you YOURSELF?

You conflicted yourself in your own post, SauceHead.[/color]

[color=green]Sauce Head, you?re beginning to sound like the kind of guy that, I?d suspect, very few girls would want to go out with. Much less sleep with.

I don?t think that girls want to date guys who are looking for one thing, and one thing only in a ?relationship?.

Furthermore, would you even [I]want[/I] to be in a relationship like that?

There?s really only one point here that I?m going to bother responding to, since most of them are not only ludicrous, but have also been refuted.

[quote name='Sauce-head']2-Wear nice clothes-By "nice" I don't mean Gucci or Armani, just wear clean clothes that fit your body type and style. I think the most important thing here is to find a look that fits you. If your a skinny piece of ****, don't go wearing XXL football jerseys and huge baggy pants. That will just magnify that fact, that your incredibly underweight. Get a pair of white shoes and black shoes. You can wear those colors with anything and it will show a girl you have a sense of style.[/quote]

Clothes don?t mean much. As long as they?re clean and decent looking, you?ll be fine. I wear a yellow sweatshirt, black cargo pants and black sneakers every day. I?ve worn this for a year and a half now, and I have far more female than male friends. Why? It?s not because I have an insane sense of style, or any of the other silly reasons you listed above. While those are important on some level, I feel what really gets you a date is [b]your demeanor[/b].

If you?re a nice person who?s considerate of others and isn?t a jerk all the time, you?ll do fine.

The poser pimps that think they?re hot **** and hook up with the two sluts in the whole school wont have relationships. They?re the ones that are going to die alone.[/color]

[color=darkviolet]I agree with Lady Rin as well, I only met my husband back in 2000 and we were friends for a few months before we started dating. However it was the Army that helped us realize that we were going to end up together for a looong time. You want to test the strength of a relationship? Have one of you join the military or just stay away for months to a year on end and see how your relationship holds up to that stuff. It takes a lot of strength, trust and will power to hold up a military or any long distance relationship.

I think it's stupid and self defeating to try and play games with someone that you'd like to have a potential relationship with. Not only do you cheat the person you ultimately cheat yourself. Also, I think it's pretty stupid to just assume that everyone lies to you. If you have that kind of atttitude, maybe you should just stick to your blow up doll.

Now about the whole in the 1800's and so women were worshiped and men did everything for them...have you ever heard about the expression used to describe Southern men in the 1800's? The Iron fist in a velvet glove? Southern men liled their women to be protected, but with that protection came a price.

And do you know where the phrase rule of thumb originated? It comes from an old English law which stated that a man could beat his wife with anything as long as it was the width of his thumb.

I could go on a bit more, but I'm talking with my husband. the one I tricked into marrying me by sleeping with him.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I agree with Lady Rin as well, I only met my husband back in 2000 and we were friends for a few months before we started dating. However it was the Army that helped us realize that we were going to end up together for a looong time. You want to test the strength of a relationship? Have one of you join the military or just stay away for months to a year on end and see how your relationship holds up to that stuff. It takes a lot of strength, trust and will power to hold up a military or any long distance relationship.

I think it's stupid and self defeating to try and play games with someone that you'd like to have a potential relationship with. Not only do you cheat the person you ultimately cheat yourself. Also, I think it's pretty stupid to just assume that everyone lies to you. If you have that kind of atttitude, maybe you should just stick to your blow up doll.

Now about the whole in the 1800's and so women were worshiped and men did everything for them...have you ever heard about the expression used to describe Southern men in the 1800's? The Iron fist in a velvet glove? Southern men liled their women to be protected, but with that protection came a price.

And do you know where the phrase rule of thumb originated? It comes from an old English law which stated that a man could beat his wife with anything as long as it was the width of his thumb.

I could go on a bit more, but I'm talking with my husband. the one I tricked into marrying me by sleeping with him.[/color][/QUOTE]

That phrase rule of thumb is just used by feminists (yourself), it is a complete hoax and there was never such rule.

The below is from the book, "Who Stole Feminism" - the text can also be found [url]http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html[/url] .

[I]...The 'rule of thumb' story is an example of revisionist history that feminists happily fell into believing. It reinforces their perspective on society, and they tell it as a way of winning converts to their angry creed...

The 'rule of thumb', however, turns out to be an excellent example of what may be called a feminist fiction. Is is not to be found in William Blackstone's treatise on English common law. On the contrary, British law since the 1700s and our American laws predating the Revolution prohibit wife beating, though there have been periods and places in which the prohibition was only indifferently enforced.

That the phrase did not even originate in legal practice could have been ascertained by any fact-checker who took the trouble to look it up in the Oxford English Dictionary, which notes that the term has been used metaphorically for at least three hundred years to refer to any method of measurement or technique of estimation derived from experience rather than science. [/i]

Sources:

[url]http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html[/url]
[url]http://www.canlaw.com/rights/thumbrul.htm[/url]
[url]http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000512.html[/url]
[url]http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/essays/ruleofthumb.html[/url]

or google "rule of thumb"

Accusations again (the blow up doll...honestly, why are you targeting me, rather than what I said). I'd prefer it if you stopped, I can think of several insults of the top of my head that fit you (and are true), but I'd rather not recieve a PM from James...

Like I said (I believe 3-4 times already) that if you don't like it, don't come in here and respond to it/read it. Please just leave my thread, all you do is flame me, I have done nothing wrong.

Exuse me?!? My criteria for guys isn't working their butt off half the week. It's good if they wear clothes that look ok on them, but why would I want to go out with a guy anyway? Definitely not for their clothes. And if girls other than me want to go out with someone because they look hot or cute or something like that, I tell them they are wasting their time. If they like the way a guy looks, why not just take a picture of them? Besides, I think it would feel wierd cuddling with someone who is all muscle. I'd actually rather go out with someone I could beat up if I really wanted to. I think steps and rules are all stupid. Every girl is different. We are not clones and will not react the same way to hair length, cologne scent, or clothes.

[quote name='foreverinfinity']Exuse me?!? My criteria for guys isn't working their butt off half the week. It's good if they wear clothes that look ok on them, but why would I want to go out with a guy anyway? Definitely not for their clothes. And if girls other than me want to go out with someone because they look hot or cute or something like that, I tell them they are wasting their time. If they like the way a guy looks, why not just take a picture of them? Besides, I think it would feel wierd cuddling with someone who is all muscle. I'd actually rather go out with someone I could beat up if I really wanted to. I think steps and rules are all stupid. Every girl is different. We are not clones and will not react the same way to hair length, cologne scent, or clothes.[/quote]

Looks to me like you are trying to be in control of the relationship and walking all over a man, which is exactly what this thread is to help guys not let girls like you do that to them.

I think most of you guys are making too big a deal out of this. If you hate Sauce-Head's advice, or his guts, or whatever, just leave this thread alone. Everyone deserves their own opinion.

[QUOTE=Sauce-head]That phrase rule of thumb is just used by feminists (yourself), it is a complete hoax and there was never such rule.

The below is from the book, "Who Stole Feminism" - the text can also be found [url="http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html"]http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html[/url] .

...The 'rule of thumb' story is an example of revisionist history that feminists happily fell into believing. It reinforces their perspective on society, and they tell it as a way of winning converts to their angry creed...

The 'rule of thumb', however, turns out to be an excellent example of what may be called a feminist fiction. Is is not to be found in William Blackstone's treatise on English common law. On the contrary, British law since the 1700s and our American laws predating the Revolution prohibit wife beating, though there have been periods and places in which the prohibition was only indifferently enforced.

That the phrase did not even originate in legal practice could have been ascertained by any fact-checker who took the trouble to look it up in the Oxford English Dictionary, which notes that the term has been used metaphorically for at least three hundred years to refer to any method of measurement or technique of estimation derived from experience rather than science.

Sources:

[url="http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html"]http://www.debunker.com/texts/ruleofthumb.html[/url]
[url="http://www.canlaw.com/rights/thumbrul.htm"]http://www.canlaw.com/rights/thumbrul.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000512.html"]http://www.straightdope.com/columns/000512.html[/url]
[url="http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/essays/ruleofthumb.html"]http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/essays/ruleofthumb.html[/url]

or google "rule of thumb"

Accusations again (the blow up doll...honestly, why are you targeting me, rather than what I said). I'd prefer it if you stopped, I can think of several insults of the top of my head that fit you (and are true), but I'd rather not recieve a PM from James...

Like I said (I believe 3-4 times already) that if you don't like it, don't come in here and respond to it/read it. Please just leave my thread, all you do is flame me, I have done nothing wrong.[/QUOTE]
You're just coming on here, regurgitating information that you found on a few very spiteful people's sites (Debunker.com is especially spiteful--people should immediately be skeptical of anyone who makes a point of mentioning that kind of "resume" on their site), and you're functioning as little more than a patriarchal mouthpiece spouting whatever male propaganda you find on the 'net.

I'm not a feminist in the least, but when you've got Shakespeare populating his plays with these strong female characters and killing them off by the end of the play, that should tell you something about the structure of society in the past. Gilgamesh, Odyssey, Iliad, Beowulf, Othello, Lysistrata, The Fairie Queene, Narrative of a Slave (all the various incarnation of it, not just Douglass')...all of these works deal very directly with the social stigma of both women and color.

All of these sites you brought in for support have a very questionable trait in common: they're all quoting from the [i]same[/i] text. There is absolutely no variation at all there. They're all quoting from the same text. Think about that.

So, "rule of thumb" is a bit exaggerated. So what? That's one thing. [i]One[/i] thing. How does that legitimize your patriarchal regurgitated propaganda? Simply, it doesn't, because you've still got things like the 1920s and the requirement that women wore upwards of 30 pounds worth of clothing to remain modest, you still have the fake notion of content 50s housewives propagated by Leave it to Beaver. You still have Victorian England's rules or lack thereof regarding male dominance in the home. You still have slave-owners impregnating their under-age slaves in the US.

You're trying to paint an entire world history with one color. It doesn't work that way.

[quote]why are you targeting me, rather than what I said). [/quote]
We've actually been targeting everything you've been saying and blowing it right out of the sky. You've just been trying to ignore it.

[COLOR=#503F86]I think this thread has gone as far as it will get. There's no point keeping it up if all there's going to be is heated, insult-ridden opinion-enforcing.

People find and develop relationships in their own way. Trying to prove one is more right than the other is pointless- each approach is subjective to the person and people they're trying to get into a relationship with. As we can see here, there's far too much diversity of opinion for anything to be unequivocally 'correct'.

Thread closed.[/COLOR]