OtakuBoards

The New Formula For Getting Chicks!!!

Sauce-head

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sauce-head'] "Be yourself" is one of the most cocked up pieces of advice ever. Why? Because "yourself" is relative. [/quote]

[color=darkviolet] Yes, being yourself is relative, but I think I'd rather know upfront if the guy is compatible with me than dealing with an act for 2 months then having it slowly break apart after that when I could have been out finding a guy that I may want to be with.[/color]

[quote name='Sauce-head'] For example, a guy acts something like you around a girl, and the girl likes him. "Aha! Being yourself is key to success with chicks!!!!" [/quote]

[color=darkviolet]A guy acts something like me??? You mean all this time with my husband I've been married to myself?? okay[/color]

[quote name='Sauce-head'] I think its a HUGE mistake when your 16-24 yrs old and your in a long term relationship. Your only young once, being a player and having some variety helps you to realize what exactly you want in a girl and what you don't. [/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Damn, I should call my husband and tell him I want to play the field for one more year and tell him he should do the same. Yes, you're only young once, but usually by the time you hit your 20's you're a bit more mature. The key word is usually. and I think it's kind of ignorant to say it's a mistake to be in a long term relationship in your early to mid twenties when you are most likely worrying about midterm exams in high school [/color]

[quote name='Sauce-head'] Your being very naive when you tell everyone to "be yourself." That's such a broad statement, being yourself is different to everyone. If every guy on this earth had the SAME EXACT PERSONALITY, then being yourself would work. I'm putting the way you should be around chicks into a package. I'm not trying to start a flame war with you, but don't generalize your situation for everyone else. [/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Eaxactly why you should try to be yourself. For example, I hate rap music and I don't really care much for death metal either. I like country, punk and some R&B. I like anime and horseback riding. I had a boyfriend who pretended that he liked what I liked for about 3 months. Then he called me immature for watching anime and told me that horseback riding wasn't a real sport. He also said that the WNBA was a rip off of the NBA. The guy that called me immature spent a whole paycheck on a squirt gun and was 2 years younger than me. He also hated country tried to talk like a home boy and was just faking it to try and get to sleep with me. Needless to say it didn't work.

My husband collects comic books, listens to whatever music fits his mood and watched anime with me the first time he came over my house. And he agreed with me that horseback riding is a real sport. I've been with him for 4 years and (married for 2 years) we have a daughter. He wasn't putting on an act to get in my pants so we stayed together even through the whole military thing.

To make a long story short, both men and women would rather be with someone in the long term who shares some of their interests or is willing to learn about them than someone who pretends to be someoen they're not.[/color]

[quote name='Sauce-head']"Be yourself" is one of the most cocked up pieces of advice ever. Why? Because "yourself" is relative. [/quote]
Wow really? Being yourself is relative? You are the Dr. Phil of dating!

[quote]For example, a guy acts something like you around a girl, and the girl likes him. "Aha! Being yourself is key to success with chicks!!!!"

Now, some sociopath-rapist-mysogynist-pedophile-schizophrenic approaches a chick, tells her about his stamp collection, and scares her the hell away. "Oh damn. Girls must only like guys who are handsome, rich, and have nice cars. Hello mr. right hand."[/quote]
So basically tricking a girl into getting in your bed is the way you should approach it? I bet your "love" (there is none of that with you probably) life is really fun. You can only keep up something like the act you want people to pull for so long. Girls will find out, they will find out everything you don't want them too. But by then you can hit it and forget it right?

[quote]The solution for the latter if he wants to be successful with chicks? To emulate the style of the first, which has been proven to work, for at least one woman anyway. Of course, all women are different, but certain tactics and approaches hold evident for the general mass, which is what the whole fastseduction - alpha male stuff is.

So anyhow, the second guy starts to act like the first. Personality is not static, it can evolve or maybe change. Eventually, the second guy isn't portraying his creepy old self, but that of his new self, which is very much similar to the "self" of the first guy.[/quote]
What you are giving people advice for is what most people call a "quick ****" That's the only way you can describe it. If anyone wants a real relationship, I wouldn't follow this guys advice too much.

I'm really interested on knowing how old you are. You couldn't be older than 18, 19 tops.

Thinking this thread over a little more, I think this is just some light trolling. If it is, good job sir. If not, it's funny..

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Xander Harris] Up until the last paragraph, I found this quite amusing.

Last paragraph: Ah. I get it now. This isn't about having real relationships; it's about getting laid as quick as possible as much as possible, with no regard for the consequences. After all, you're only young once.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I quoted this bit because that's exactly what it means, I agreed with the rest of your post, too, Xander and my God, I can't believe Saucehead even thinks this way....no offence but it makes me realise how foolish [I]some[/I] men/boys can be.

I notice that a boy is writing a how to get ?chicks? guide? It begs the question of how a guy would know what?s best to do for a woman.

For the majority, women enjoy getting gifts, or as you like to call it 'junk'. Why? Because it makes them feel special and wanted, which is what a lot of teenage girls, especially, need. I'm using teenagers because it seems that it's the age group you're aiming at here.

I'd also like to point out that while many of the steps or points you made were relevant they were also painfully obvious; it was the fact that you added the part saying:

[QUOTE]I'm trying to teach you (at least the ones willing to learn) how to pick up chicks and get some action, not how to get a long-term girlfriend. [/QUOTE]

That just totally blew me; do you even know how pathetic that sounds? Especially to a woman?

Also:

[QUOTE]"Be yourself" is one of the most cocked up pieces of advice ever. Why? Because "yourself" is relative. [/QUOTE]

That's pure [I]bull[/I], and I'm surprised you need anyone to tell you why. Basically you're saying that a absolute moron who just wants to get a quickie with a girl should trick her into getting into bed on the false pretence that he actually likes her for who she is.
Listen, man, girls prefer it if a guy is straight with them, that way they will know them better and enjoy their company more.

I think you need to grow up and stop making assumptions about things you obviously know nothing about.

Note: I'd like to say that I know other people have mentioned the things I have but I really needed to get this off my chest. You have no idea how annoyed this thread has made me.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I personally like guys with shaggy hair, and the darker, the better. I don't mind if they're in shape or not. I also looks for personality and sense of humor, not to mention ,a bit of pervertion.(Hey, what fun is a guy who is too shy and proper) I like them to be taller than me, for them to be able to think for themselves and as long as there at least a bit intelligent, I'm happy. Of course the cleanliness is a given along with the whole shaving thing. They have to have some manners, but I don't care if their sloppy. As long as they like to have fun and they have their priorities in order, I'm good to go. ( They also have to be fun and lovable, with a good heart for loving)

[QUOTE=Sauce-head]"Be yourself" is one of the most cocked up pieces of advice ever. Why? Because "yourself" is relative.

For example, a guy acts something like you around a girl, and the girl likes him. "Aha! Being yourself is key to success with chicks!!!!"

Now, some sociopath-rapist-mysogynist-pedophile-schizophrenic approaches a chick, tells her about his stamp collection, and scares her the hell away. "Oh damn. Girls must only like guys who are handsome, rich, and have nice cars. Hello mr. right hand."

The solution for the latter if he wants to be successful with chicks? To emulate the style of the first, which has been proven to work, for at least one woman anyway. Of course, all women are different, but certain tactics and approaches hold evident for the general mass, which is what the whole fastseduction - alpha male stuff is.

So anyhow, the second guy starts to act like the first. Personality is not static, it can evolve or maybe change. Eventually, the second guy isn't portraying his creepy old self, but that of his new self, which is very much similar to the "self" of the first guy.
[/QUOTE]
[font=Verdana][size=1]You know, I swear the whole point of 'be yourself' was because one cannot keep up a pretence or a facade forever :p . Fact is, a person's interests will remain interesting to them, until they lose interest. Sound complex? For example. Said stamp collector guy likes to collect stamps. He decides to be like the guy who is good with girls. But stamp collector guy cannot deminish his interest in stamps until it fades away naturally.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]So stamp collector would eventually betray himself, and the girls he'd attracted would see he was a fake. Personality might not be static, but interest in things grows and wanes, and that has to do it naturally. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]So, yeah. Be yourself, or you'll betray yourself. *nods* [/size][/font]

[quote name='Sauce-head']Your being very naive when you tell everyone to "be yourself." That's such a broad statement, being yourself is different to everyone. If every guy on this earth had the SAME EXACT PERSONALITY, then being yourself would work.[/quote]I've been looking over this thread a little bit, and I find a lot of your comments halarious, but people have basically said what I was thinking. I do feel compelled to reply to this statement, though.

It's so incredibly obvious that being yourself is different for everyone that I don't know why you actually used that for your argument. "Yourself" defines your personality, so all you need to do is what feels natural to you. You're making it seem like in order to possibly [i]function[/i] you have to be copying someone else. Doing what [i]you [/i]want, and saying what [i]you[/i] actually feel is the only way to find someone who likes you because of who you are, not the poser version that lives out the expectations of someone else.

But of course, you're looking to score chicks on a one-night stand. You may only be young once, but why set yourself up for failure when you can learn from actual serious relationships that you can actually take with you when you get older? Quality over quantity is always a good thing. As for suggested lines, I don't know about anyone else, but any lines I've actually practiced have always ended [i]horribly[/i], haha. But when I talk to a girl and just said things as they've come along, things went much smoother.

I also find it [i]halarious[/i] that no girls seem to agree with you. XD

[QUOTE=Sauce-head]Now, some sociopath-rapist-mysogynist-pedophile-schizophrenic approaches a chick, tells her about his stamp collection, and scares her the hell away. "Oh damn. Girls must only like guys who are handsome, rich, and have nice cars. Hello mr. right hand."

The solution for the latter if he wants to be successful with chicks?[/QUOTE]

Do we, as a species, [i]want[/i] sociopaths, rapists, misogynists and pedophiles to be successful with chicks!? :eek:

It's the first time I've ever been bewildered enough to use that particular smiley-face, heh. I felt that the above statement weakened your argument considerably, much more so than anything else you've said.

~Dagger~

[color=indigo]
This whole thread is just odd.

There is no set of rules when it comes to meeting women, or vice versa. Now I am not going to negate what Sauce-head has said so far, because the world as a whole would like you better if you took a bath now and again (cough ?Lex cough), however, I think he overlooks what most people overlook.

Some people can just play.

Take me for example (yes I am going to talk about me, after all, is anything more interesting?), when it comes to talking and meeting girls I have always been able to ?play?. I never had a problem chit chatting with them or giving them my phone number or getting them to go out with me. Some of my friends, some better looking than me (okay, not really, I am me after all and I am gorgeous :p) aren?t very good at talking to girls. They just can?t seem to get that initial flow going. That isn?t to say that they don?t have more successful relationships then I do, many of them do (or had), they just have a hard time with the initial ?leg work?.

To be honest meeting women (or meeting men) could be easily compared to playing video games. Some people are just naturally good at playing video games in general. Some people need a bit more practice. Regardless of how good you are at the game initially you get better with practice. Sure, you might make a few wrong moves or loose a couple men along the way but you get better from experience. The same is true with meeting people of the opposite sex.
[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Dude, this thread is awesome. You've taught me [I]so[/I] much. Like your witty message to leave if she doesn't answer? Yeah, telling a woman to wear a diaper is [I]really[/I] going to make her want to call you, [I]Master[/I]. And no, of [I]course[/I] we shouldn't care about [I]them[/I] more then ourselves. Because, as we all know, men [I]are[/I] the superior sex. Who are they trying to kid, thinking [I]we[/I] should buy them [I]gifts[/I] and make them feel [I]special[/I], when they so clearly aren't. I mean, since with your [I]brilliant[/I] formula we can easily grab tens of thousands of chicks at the same time!

-New Player and Biggest Fan, ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Unborn Lord Xion][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Dude, this thread is awesome. You've taught me [I]so[/I] much. Like your witty message to leave if she doesn't answer? Yeah, telling a woman to wear a diaper is [I]really[/I] going to make her want to call you, [I]Master[/I]. And no, of [I]course[/I] we shouldn't care about [I]them[/I] more then ourselves. Because, as we all know, men [I]are[/I] the superior sex. Who are they trying to kid, thinking [I]we[/I] should buy them [I]gifts[/I] and make them feel [I]special[/I], when they so clearly aren't. I mean, since with your [I]brilliant[/I] formula we can easily grab tens of thousands of chicks at the same time!

-New Player and Biggest Fan, ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If you weren't being sarcastic you pretty much have the right idea...

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]If he weren?t being sarcastic, I'd have a whole different opinion of him. 'Sides, ULX knows how to treat a lady.^_~

So basically you?re stuck waaay back in the 1800s and you believe that men should care less about women, use them for pleasure and then have them do all of the work and expect them to wait on you?

Honestly, how that makes men superior astounds me...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Methuselah][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]If he weren?t being sarcastic, I'd have a whole different opinion of him. 'Sides, ULX knows how to treat a lady.^_~

So basically you?re stuck waaay back in the 1800s and you believe that men should care less about women, use them for pleasure and then have them do all of the work and expect them to wait on you?

Honestly, how that makes men superior astounds me...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It is actually you who is stuck in the 1800's, men are expected to do everything for the women, when going out with a female ( for the first time ) the man is expected to pay for the womens meal/movie/drink etc etc. Why? Because of "chivalry", "chivalry" may be dead, but women killed it. When going out, you pay for your stuff, and she pays for hers. Simple as that, and don't tell me I am being sexist here because what I am saying is for equality (for men, for so many years have been emptying their wallets for women - which really isn't needed). Men should care less about women than themselves, their friends, and their family. If someone you are seeing is number 1, and your friends/self/family come second, that just isn't how it should be.

I have never said to treat women badly, women play games on men, these lessons are just men playing games on women.

Simple as this, if you don't like what I am saying, why are you reading it/responding to it? I really don't want you in the threads, and most of you are just flaming me (calling me childish, superficial [so what I like attractive women, just because the rest of you have ridiculously low standards and enjoy these obese women doesn't mean you have to get down on me] etc etc).

I know that there are perhaps 2-3 people (I could careless how many people I help, not to mention talking about this, and making lessons helps me aswell) here who actually are interested in what is being said, and you are all hijacking my thread.

So once again, if you don't like it, don't read it/respond to it. Can we actually have an intellectual discussion rather than being childish with the typical, "I am a fussy close-minded person and the only right way is my way, and no I will not listen to your opinions, regardless of if they are right or wrong" talk.

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Listen, man, I am not flaming you I am giving you my opinion. If you don't want people responding to a thread in a bad way and you always want them to agree with you then these threads won't get very far. I don't want you to think that I have anything against you, personally, because I don't. I just don't like the way you've put this thread across.

I don't believe that women 'play games' with men, not all women, anyway. I admit that some women do and I don't like that sort, It's the same way I can't [I]stand[/I] men who believe women are below them.

I guess, after reading this through many times, that I can see where you are coming from. You believe that men should be able to use...or...trick a woman because it obviously seems to you that women do the same, if I'm wrong, I apologise.

I think that both sexes are guilty of this 'trickery', for lack of a better term, and I don't think that either should be trying to think of methods to outwit the other. I honestly think that when I get to the stage of going out properly, to a restaurant or the cinema, that I will be the one who pays half of the bill, if not all of it! If a guy won't let me then it's his choice, I wouldn't want to force a man into buying things for me.

But that is just me. I'm sorry that you've got such a bad impression of women, so allow me to bow out of this thread with no hard feelings.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]You're either one of those guys who has never had a girlfriend before, or you're just very jaded because you were such a jerk to all your girlfriends that they broke up with you.

Not every relationship is the same and not every relationship is built to last. If that was the case, I'd still be with my 'boyfriend' from first grade because we both liked She'Ra He Man and Jem and becuase he cut my apple for me that one time at lunch. Call me crazy, but I don't think that's enough to base a relationship on.

However, to say that all women play mind games on men is pretty off. Yes, some women do play mind games-one of my roommates was a pro at this. but some men play mind games as well. That doesn't make it good for one side or the other. It just eventually pisses both sides off becuase they find out that they were being played. And then after they find out they were being played they tell their friends. Then their friends tell their friends and maybe some older or younger siblings. As the list goes on you find your dating pool growing smaller and smaller until you have to move to Arkansas so you can marry your first cousin. Not a very bright future.

Now, CHW's guide for getting a signifigant other:

1.) Get up your nerve and go over and say hi to the person.

2.) Make conversation to see if you two may have something in common.

3.) Offer to get him/her a drink.

4.) If you two seem to be hitting it off, exchange phone numbers.

5.) Start to date

6.) Don't forget important things like birthdays and holidays that you two may celebrate.

7.) Don't feel pressured to sleep with the person, but if you feel ready and you have protection go for it.

8.) If the relationship seems to be going nowhere, or if said person cheats on you break it off.

9.) If you two are old enough and feel that the relationship is going well enough and has been going on long enough, suggest getting engaged or start to talk about it. Or just move in together.

I think this is not only much simpler than your method, but also a hell of a lot more straight foreward[/color]

I'd just like to comment on this...

[quote name='Sauce-head]It is actually you who is stuck [b]in the 1800's, men are expected to do everything for the women, when going out with a female ( for the first time ) the man is expected to pay for the womens meal/movie/drink etc etc. Why? Because of "chivalry"[/b'], "chivalry" may be dead, but women killed it. When going out, you pay for your stuff, and she pays for hers. Simple as that, and don't tell me I am being sexist here because what I am saying is for equality (for men, for so many years have been emptying their wallets for women - which really isn't needed). Men should care less about women than themselves, their friends, and their family. If someone you are seeing is number 1, and your friends/self/family come second, that just isn't how it should be.[/quote]

Do you actually believe that women were somehow believed to be the superior sex, one that should be worshipped in the 1800s? I don't know how well-versed you are about British history, but the 1800s, 1700s, 1600s, 1500s, 1400s, etc, etc, were anything but supportive of "chivalry."

Do you even know anything about Victorian England? Elizabethan England? Jacobean England?

Did you know that in Victorian England, the man of the house was perfectly free and allowed to come on to the maid, who usually was a 17-year-old girl? Were you aware that no matter what happened, that girl was most likely going to be thrown out of the house, and have to resort to prostitution? Do you know why?

If the male happened to get the servant girl pregnant, it was viewed as a character flaw on the part of the servant girl. She was a slut, a whore, and did not deserve such a glorious job in the home, so she was cast out into the streets to starve.

If the girl happened to refuse the advances, the male could throw her out of the house with no problem at all, and no questions from anyone else, because she was being disrespectful to the male authority.

Get a clue, dude, and stop being bitter because you've had so much trouble with girls.

By the way, Chivalry was more an urban legend...a [i]myth[/i] than any type of reality.

[QUOTE=Methuselah][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Listen, man, I am not flaming you I am giving you my opinion. If you don't want people responding to a thread in a bad way and you always want them to agree with you then these threads won't get very far. I don't want you to think that I have anything against you, personally, because I don't. I just don't like the way you've put this thread across.

I don't believe that women 'play games' with men, not all women, anyway. I admit that some women do and I don't like that sort, It's the same way I can't [I]stand[/I] men who believe women are below them.

I guess, after reading this through many times, that I can see where you are coming from. You believe that men should be able to use...or...trick a woman because it obviously seems to you that women do the same, if I'm wrong, I apologise.

I think that both sexes are guilty of this 'trickery', for lack of a better term, and I don't think that either should be trying to think of methods to outwit the other. I honestly think that when I get to the stage of going out properly, to a restaurant or the cinema, that I will be the one who pays half of the bill, if not all of it! If a guy won't let me then it's his choice, I wouldn't want to force a man into buying things for me.

But that is just me. I'm sorry that you've got such a bad impression of women, so allow me to bow out of this thread with no hard feelings.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I am not saying people can't respond in a "bad" way, just theres a point where people become too negative and it just goes too far (and people have gotten to that point in this thread). I appreciate the input of different opinions, but when people tell me I am wrong, and that it is immoral, childish, barbaric etc etc to behave in such a way - As more lessons come people will really start to realize what I am getting at.

I never said women are below men, I am talking about men (as individuals), an individual should always put himself/herself first, then friends and family, then relationships, most of the time, a relationship will end up not working - and if you put that person you are in a relationship on a higher level than yourself/friends/family, the relations with your friends and family will weaken (I always put my friends and family before girls [Oh, and when I say girls, I don't mean girls as a sex, just as a girl I may be in a relationship with). And if that is being sexist, so be it, I'd rather be sexist than lose my friends and family.

I don't have a bad impression of women, I just don't like these tests and games they play.

And my post prior to this one wasn't targeted just at you, but to pretty much every single person who has responded to this thread (nobody has responded positively as of yet).

EDIT**********:

Siren: You misread what I said, I didn't mean that [i]IN[/i] the 1800's that is how it is like. I meant it in terms of money, women didn't have a lot and had to rely on men, but today women have jobs and make good money (and a good amount of women - especially those who are 16-24 make more than men). I was just commenting on the fact that men shouldn't be expected to pay for outtings, especially ones early on in a relationship.

And to your other comment, I haven't had a lot of trouble dating, just several cases before I picked up on a lot of this stuff such as women using men for a dinner or a movie.

[quote name='Sauce-head']I never said women are below men, I am talking about men (as individuals), an individual should always put himself/herself first, then friends and family, then relationships, most of the time, a relationship will end up not working[/quote]
So you are saying that people should be selfish, rather than gentlemenly or gentlewomenly? What a [b]wonderful[/b] world you must live in.

Listen kid, personally, I pay for the girl's drink/movie/dinner, whatever, because I choose to. It's called being a "Gentleman." Have you heard of this term?

And Jamie(Methuselah) is right. As is Siren. You need to seriously re-evaluate your views on women and just conduct in general.

[QUOTE=Sauce-head]I don't have a bad impression of women, I just don't like these tests and games they play.

And my post prior to this one wasn't targeted just at you, but to pretty much every single person who has responded to this thread (nobody has responded positively as of yet).[/QUOTE][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]I think that this is due to the fact of how people have different experiences and levels of relationships. Since they, most, people don't have the same experiences within relations as you do; it is differently seen through their eyes.

You might want to take a look at how you are deciphering things. Or put it more in a term which you know everyone can relate to. Not only that but on a first level rather then having to read five post to get one topic.

[i]Moving on now...[/i]
I can only agree with you partly on few of these matters. Care a bit about your hygiene, health, personal affairs. You should probably care about your health in the first place. Oo Don't dote upon the girl of which your aiming for, and don't call repeatedly.

[i]However[/i], everything else...I disagree with. I think guys should show Chivalry or be a gentlemen. Even if it's not that often.

I especially disagree what you think about 'sleeping around.' The better women, is the one leaving.

[quote name='Sauce-head']I never said women are below men, I am talking about men (as individuals), an individual should always put himself/herself first, then friends and family, then relationships, most of the time, a relationship will end up not working - and if you put that person you are in a relationship on a higher level than yourself/friends/family, the relations with your friends and family will weaken (I always put my friends and family before girls [Oh, and when I say girls, I don't mean girls as a sex, just as a girl I may be in a relationship with). And if that is being sexist, so be it, I'd rather be sexist than lose my friends and family.[/quote]Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm sorry if I am. But isn't the ranking order, traditionally;

1.) Family.
2.) Friends.
3.) Relationships.
4.) Self.

It seems like a more logical ranking then yours'.

Read through all of this thread. Think of it from an average man's point of view. Then an average women's point of view. Both would be similar opinions on much of the 'rules' or 'formulas' you've stated. Both opinions would probably lead back to the same point that has been stated over and over again.

'Be your-self.'

It's un-logical to think one could manage a stable relationship other wise.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=teal]I won't bother quoting your posts, SaueHead, as the esteemed members of this forum seem to have done so to death. What you suffer from, my friend, is a superiority complex. Chivalry is NOT dead, by no means is it dead! Whenever I've taken a woman, older OR younger, even my own SISTER, I've insisted on paying. Why? It's the nice thing to do. It isn't because its "manly", or done in the hopes of getting a score, I do it because it's THE NICE THING TO DO. Even on the "first date". Not a girl I know who I've paid for hasn't tried to pick up the tab herself.

I have a great number of friends JUST LIKE THAT. I only know three people who ditch the chick with the check, and ONE woman who won't even try to take the check herself. The guys I know? They're selfish as hell and don't even have jobs. The one woman? I'd rather not talk about my mom right now. There are a huge number of men out there that I know and am acquainted with that would gladly give up their jacket for a young woman wearing only a thin blouse.

Oh, and a quick history lesson. First off, in the 1800's, there WERE no movies, and if a man wanted a woman, he PAID for her. Classic case: "Sir, I would like your daughter's hand in marriage for this amount of land!"

After that? The woman would HAVE to do as her husband would say. Why? Women had barely any rights. First date? There were never "first dates", just "only dates". Our attitude, bar some countries, is very much improved. Nowadays, we don't view women as property or as weak dolls that need to be protected at all costs.

We view them as lifemates, people, and more importantly, the FAIRER and STRONGER sex. Stronger? You think I'm nuts?

You try bleeding once five days every month and then carrying a baby for nine months, at least three of which invilve you being nearly incapable of movement.

Yes, I think I have to say it. Hats off to women everywhere. I apologize for my whole gender's general mistreatment of you in the past.

Eikou, my checklist is as follows:

1) Jamie and Friends
2) Family
3) Other people in general
4) Myself

Oh, and Nameless...more power to you, my friend.

[b]Edit:[/b] And I RESENT YOU HAVING A GO AT MY GIRLFRIEND!!![/color]

[font=Verdana][size=1]o.O'; I can't believe there are levels! Here I was thinking it was all...you know...[i]equal[/i]. If you neglect anything, your life will be out of whack. I'm not saying that you [i]have[/i] to spend as much time with your friends and you do your girlfriend, or with your friends as you do your family, but if you let them hanging, they'll get annoyed and stop being there for you.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]And...call me old fashioned, but don't people normally go out because they [i]want to be with each other[/i]? [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]As for chivalry; I've been taught, not to expect it, but to appreciate it when it comes. My brother and I were taught to open car doors for our Mum and Grandparents -- or any doors, for that matter. To me, chivalry is just like common courtesy, heh. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]And yes, I agree that in, say, the 1950's, things like paying for a date was often because the woman didn't have much money, and the guy was also the main 'bread-winner'. ... But I don't know about the 1800's. You'd have to ask Siren. :p[/size][/font]

[quote name='Lady Asphyxia]A[font=Verdana][size=1]nd yes, I agree that in, say, the 1950's, things like paying for a date was often because the woman didn't have much money, and the guy was also the main 'bread-winner'. ... But I don't know about the 1800's. You'd have to ask Siren. :p[/size'][/font][/quote]
I just got burned, hehe. XD

This talk of a bread-winner is actually a good way to segway into a brief history lesson, I think.

In the 50s, men were the bread-winners and supported their wives through the money (the bread).

In the 1800s (and essentially, all throughout history), women were the bread.

[quote name='Sh-- er, sorry, Sauce-Head]Siren: You misread what I said, I didn't mean that [i]IN[/i'] the 1800's that is how it is like. I meant it in terms of money, women didn't have a lot and had to rely on men, but today women have jobs and make good money (and a good amount of women - especially those who are 16-24 make more than men). I was just commenting on the fact that men shouldn't be expected to pay for outtings, especially ones early on in a relationship.[/quote]
Dude, you used the word "Chivalry" to describe the [i]1800s[/i]. Think about that. Think about how absurd that is. There was absolutely no desire at all to help women back then. There was no Chivalry. If there was a desire to support women financially, then there would not have been any prostitutes, would there?

And even though women were entirely dependent on the male, the males were not at all obligated to support them, lol.

[quote]And to your other comment, I haven't had a lot of trouble dating, just several cases before I picked up on a lot of this stuff such as women using men for a dinner or a movie.[/quote]
So, 6 pages of your complainy, whiny, "Girls are absolutely unfaithful and shallow b-tches" "system" of picking up "chicks" isn't a sign that you're not the least bit bitter from not having much luck with the ladies? Sure, haha.

[QUOTE=Siren]I just got burned, hehe. XD

This talk of a bread-winner is actually a good way to segway into a brief history lesson, I think.

In the 50s, men were the bread-winners and supported their wives through the money (the bread).

In the 1800s (and essentially, all throughout history), women were the bread.

Dude, you used the word "Chivalry" to describe the [i]1800s[/i]. Think about that. Think about how absurd that is. There was absolutely no desire at all to help women back then. There was no Chivalry. If there was a desire to support women financially, then there would not have been any prostitutes, would there?

And even though women were entirely dependent on the male, the males were not at all obligated to support them, lol.

So, 6 pages of your complainy, whiny, "Girls are absolutely unfaithful and shallow b-tches" "system" of picking up "chicks" isn't a sign that you're not the least bit bitter from not having much luck with the ladies? Sure, haha.[/QUOTE]

Any more accusations aslong as we are hitting these phenomina at the height of their popularity? Here is one of my own, I believe you are fat overweight liberal democrat who has an internet girlfirned named Earl.

[size=1][Quote=Legless...err, Legacy]
We view them as lifemates, people, and more importantly, the FAIRER and STRONGER sex. Stronger? You think I'm nuts?[/quote]
Thats crap man. I can guarantee you that most men do not view women as being fairer or stronger. It doesn't matter what the case may be, I can guarantee that most men still view themselves as stronger. And most of the rest of the rest [the rest of the rest are the best] view them as equals.

As for the putting yourself first, I agree with that. But before you all get on your flaming horses, let me tell you this.

My mother has been in three marriages, and she always puts her heart above her head, and them above her. And shes been hurt. Sometimes you have to look after yourself first. You don't look after yourself[i] at the expense[/i] of your partner, but you make sure that [i]you're[/i] not getting hurt. Is that difficult to understand?[/size]

[quote name='Sauce-head']Any more accusations aslong as we are hitting these phenomina at the height of their popularity? Here is one of my own, I believe you are fat overweight liberal democrat who has an internet girlfirned named Earl.[/quote]

[color=#707875]But just look at your custom title. I mean...surely that says it all.

It's easy to approach the situation from a bitter angle if something has gone wrong, relationship-wise (and believe me, I've experienced it more than I want to remember, lol).

But at the end of the day, it's an unhealthy attitude that won't lead to a fruitful relationship in the future.

And please...let's keep things as civil as possible. If you want to discuss something, it can be done [i]without[/i] insults.[/color]