• Muslim
    • Chinese Folk
    • Ethno Religionist
    • Jewish
    • Sikhs
    • New Religionist
    • Other

[QUOTE=Cole-Fu]

Correct, but every religion is too ignorant to relize that god is all of those.[/quote]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]I found that a little blunt. Religion is not ignorant, no matter how ridiculous each version sounds. They all know every religion boils down to the basic principle of worshiping the same God, or being that created all. It's just how they see it, and decide to worship that seperates religion into divisions.

Ignorant? No. It sounds to me like they have the case of "I'm holier than you", or "My religion is the only way"..basically, a penis envy. That's how I see it all as. Who's religion is best/right/the way of life. Which is why I am not religious. [/color][/size]

[quote=Shugo54]
hmmmmm, well I created my own religion. well it's not a religion it's just a new way of believing in stuff. My religion bases itself on Nature and Animals. It also has reincarnation. The main philosophy behing it is that" Every action has a positive and negative Effect" so basically everything you do is good and bad. I have 5 Animal Deities and 2 gods/goddese's.the sun god and the moon godess. my religion (which has no name) is a mix of everything I have liked about religions. It's my oen way of thinking. each religion has it's flaws and good points so i decided to make one that I will like to follow.[/quote]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Do you have a patent for this? [/color][/size]

I was raised in a very cult-ish setting of Christianity(... actually one of the couples from my chilhood "fellowship" ended up becoming the second-in-command at the David Koresh compound... and are now ashes...) so, for a long time, I thought all Christians were creepy, and I was forced to be one.

My dad moved us away and out of communication with that group but still forced Christianity down our throats.

When I got a little older, I began forming my own opinions and my own faith and moved as far away from organized religion as I could get.

I guess I don't have a handy label to attach to my belief system- it's all my own... but discussing and debating religion and related topics with my dad ( who is one of the coolest, most ingenious people on the face of the planet) is one of my favorite things to do... and he no longer forces Christianity on anyone- he's grown up a lot :) .

Now we both have our own religions and respect eachother's beliefs, though he still considers himself a Christian and I won't ever have to call myself that again...whew!

Guest Cole-Fu
[QUOTE]no matter how ridiculous each version sounds.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard a "true" christian talk? Here is my example... YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DO NOT DO EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I SAY! Which was also possibly quoted from Bill O' Reilly. Also, muslim, hows this for ridiculous, " YOU MUST KILL PEOPLE TO WORSHIP GOD"! Ridiculous? Yes. Ignorant? Yes.

For all of you Fox News enthuseasts. May I remind you when Bill O' Reilly said he wanted to rub food all over that one womans chest? yeah...

[QUOTE=Cole-Fu]Have you ever heard a "true" christian talk? Here is my example... YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DO NOT DO EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I SAY! Which was also possibly quoted from Bill O' Reilly. Also, muslim, hows this for ridiculous, " YOU MUST KILL PEOPLE TO WORSHIP GOD"! Ridiculous? Yes. Ignorant? Yes.

For all of you Fox News enthuseasts. May I remind you when Bill O' Reilly said he wanted to rub food all over that one womans chest? yeah...[/QUOTE]
[center][IMG]http://img163.exs.cx/img163/7632/uandurpost1tl.gif[/IMG][/center]

[QUOTE=Cole-Fu]Have you ever heard a "true" christian talk? Here is my example... YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DO NOT DO EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I SAY!

I've heard many "true" Christians speak, and believe me- they don't sound like that. My dad is a "true" Christian and when he speaks, I'm in awe because he is always articulate and ingenious. You would never hear anything like that (your quote up there) coming from him.

It is the misinformed, theologically- challenged "Christians" that say things like that.

[QUOTE=Cole-Fu]Have you ever heard a "true" christian talk? Here is my example... YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DO NOT DO EVERY SINGLE THING THAT I SAY!
[/QUOTE]
[center][IMG]http://img190.exs.cx/img190/9225/jesus5jz.gif[/IMG][/center]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Do you [i]honestly[/i] think that [b]I[/b] have not had discussions with "true Christians"? Honestly, give me a break. I have spoken with [i]all sorts[/i] of religions..including "true Christians". And I've had flared up arguements with them as well. I know exactly how they talk.

On top of that, I lived in the freakin' Baptist belt..and was, at the time, a practicing Catholic. How do you think I felt? I know exactly how they act, talk, and believe. [/size][/color]

[quote]Which was also possibly quoted from Bill O' Reilly. Also, muslim, hows this for ridiculous, " YOU MUST KILL PEOPLE TO WORSHIP GOD"! Ridiculous? Yes. Ignorant? Yes. [/quote]
[size=1][b][u]Ignorant:[/u][/b]
[list]
[*]Lacking education or knowledge.
[*]Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: [i]an ignorant mistake.[/i]
[*]Unaware or uninformed.
[/list]
[color=darkslategray]Knowing the meaning of a word is really a beautiful thing..think about that.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f'] But what will you say to your lord after finding out he exists if he does? Afterall, he punishes those who do not believe in him, as Muslims, Jews and Christians believe. [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=indigo]I would say ?screw you, you?re the ineffable one?, and he would laugh because he knew that was what I would say.

That sentence more or less sums up my entire thought process on the above trifecta of organized religious beliefs.
[/color]

Guest Cole-Fu
[IMG]http://img163.exs.cx/img163/7632/uandurpost1tl.gif[/IMG]

mhhhhmm.... I stated my opinion. Is there somethign wrong with that?

[quote]On top of that, I lived in the freakin' Baptist belt..and was, at the time, a practicing Catholic. How do you think I felt? I know exactly how they act, talk, and believe.[/quote]

I live in the bible belt. I hear it every damn day, I guess I need to grasp the fact that 1/2 of the people on earth are going to hell. *sarcasm* Anyway...

[quote name='Cole-Fu']mhhhhmm.... I stated my opinion. Is there somethign wrong with that?[/quote]In a discussion where you're merely being asked "What is your religion," yes, yes there is. When you stereotype a group of people on the grounds of a delicate subject in a way that is sure to incite harsh argument, yes, yes there is. When said generalization is completely ridiculous and exaggerated to an almost cartoonish degree, yes, yes there is. When that sort of behavior has the ability to single-handedly derail the entire thread (as it has), then yes, yes there is. So please, stop the nonsense now and save it for your own thread so that someone can close [i]that[/i] one instead. Thank you.

[QUOTE=Cole-Fu]GOD FORBID RUIN THE THREAD!

Nondenominational. There. No content.[/QUOTE][center][img]http://img195.exs.cx/img195/5046/ban1231ml8qx.jpg[/img][/center]

[left]WELL GOODBYE TO YOU THEN! I cast thee off into banishment for feasting on the forbidden fruit of "being a jerk." [/left]

[left]There, let the discussion continue, lest we should have some more rude interruptions. And, I'm warning everyone, my library of "banned" pictures is quite expansive. Be civil.[/left]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Charles, you so crazy!

I'm a Lutheran. I do believe in God, I got to church, I do all that.

My theory:

Whatever you believe in, if you stick with it, your god will take you to paradise. If you don't believe in anyhting, I guess you won't have an afterlife, or alot of gods will be pissed off at you. :smirk: [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Religious discussions always bring out the best and worst in people.

I was raised in a mixed house of religion. Many members of my family are Bhuddist including my father. My mother was Bhuddist and converted to Christianity after moving to the States. I grew up going to a Christian Missionary church. I married a member of the Church of the Bretheren. We got married in a Presbyterian church. So many different view points, so many ideas of what is right. All this mixed together produces what I believe today. I believe at this point in my life that all those religions have merit. I don't go to church currently but I try to live my life in a positive way. Do unto others.

I guess it all comes down to the fact that I am still searching and learning.

[
[quote= Shugo54]
hmmmmm, well I created my own religion. well it's not a religion it's just a new way of believing in stuff. My religion bases itself on Nature and Animals. It also has reincarnation. The main philosophy behing it is that" Every action has a positive and negative Effect" so basically everything you do is good and bad. I have 5 Animal Deities and 2 gods/goddese's.the sun god and the moon godess. my religion (which has no name) is a mix of everything I have liked about religions. It's my oen way of thinking. each religion has it's flaws and good points so i decided to make one that I will like to follow.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]My brother and his friends did the same thing. They call their religion Boodyism (I think that's how it's spelled.) From what my brother tells me the religion is all about squishing ants and touching booties. I don't know what else it involves.

Your religion kind of sounds like a form of eclectic paganism...[i]very[/i] eclectic paganism.

While we're on the topic of making up religions and combining beliefs, I'm thinking of integrating the Satanist belief that your birthday is a holiday into my beliefs that good and evil coexist in everything and that you have to take responsibility for your actions. I think that's because I like to celebrate myself because I am part of the divine.

Ok, I think this is still on topic...I ended up talking with a Jehova's witness today while I was in radiology with my daughter. She wasn't pushy and she really knew her bible passages. It was a very interesting conversation. I even learned why they don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas or Easter. However, it doesn't quite sound like my type of religion. However, it was nice to get some insight into another religion with out being interrupted while I'm doing something.[/color]

[QUOTE]My brother and his friends did the same thing. They call their religion Boodyism (I think that's how it's spelled.) From what my brother tells me the religion is all about squishing ants and touching booties. I don't know what else it involves.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]No, you are mistaken. What your brother created is called a cult. Mine is nothing of the sort. Mine is a Philosophy. Just like buddhism. Buddhism started out as a Philosophy and way of life but then it became a religion. Mine is just like buddhism except different Ideas. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Shugo54][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]No, you are mistaken. What your brother created is called a cult. [/FONT'] [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]You say that now, but wait until he tries to say you should join him...[i]wait[/i] Yeah, I guess that's kind of a cult.

Actually I'd just call it an over active immagination. An over active imagination brought on by drugs and alcohal...mostly drugs...and maybe Andy Cap's Hot Fries.[/color]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]Charles, have I told you lately..that I hate you? XD <-is Annalisse's way of telling Charles she loves him.

"Bootysim"...O.o. It sounds to me like your brother and his friend[s] are just lonely fellows, and very bored lonely fellows at that. How in any way, shape, or form is that a religion, haha. Please don't take that personal, Chibi. I mean nothing by it. It's just that the whole idea (and that's what it is) is amusing.

Shugo54's idea sounds like various forms of religion. I see Native American Indian beliefs, Buddhism beliefs, and Egyptian beliefs. I saw some theorist idea in there as well, but I don't remember who. It's good to have interest in all forms of religion. But, to go off and say you've created your own religion..which has already been done by a very well-known religion. Hm.

And it's not the Jehovah's Witnesses either. That's not a religion. They are just a group of people who believe in the events of the Bible, and how they apply to today's world. But I think I've already covered that.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Annalisse][color=darkslategray][size=1]
Shugo54's idea sounds like various forms of religion. I see Native American Indian beliefs, Buddhism beliefs, and Egyptian beliefs. I saw some theorist idea in there as well, but I don't remember who. It's good to have interest in all forms of religion. But, to go off and say you've created your own religion..which has already been done by a very well-known religion. Hm.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Well I studied many religions and I got many idea's from those religions. I found flaws in all of them. So i decided to mix some of the beliefs into one. Thus my religion. But I actually created the main Philosophy myself and The 5 Animal Deities, I also created that Idea. So My religion is a mix of all the things I have found interesting.I wanted a religion that I like and I can believe In. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Annalisse][color=darkslategray][size=1]But, to go off and say you've created your own religion..which has already been done by a very well-known religion. Hm.

Is this the "hm" of doubt?

I think that we are all capable of forming our own religions. After all, religion is a set of spiritual beliefs and we can believe anything we want to. Just because we've formed our own religions doesn't necessarily mean that we are forming our own churches or twisting the ideas of other religions, etc... nor that we necessarily care if anyone agrees with what we believe in.

I have created my own religion- for myself- from what I have experienced and from what I believe to be true about the soul, about space, about time, about deities and everything else. And I really don't care if anyone else on the planet believes in what I do.

And if it is the "hm" of doubt, then why did you refer to the "new" religion as a religion? You know... the "very well known" one? If you call it a religion, then they did, in fact, create their own religion, nes't-ce-pas?

[QUOTE=elfpirate]
And if it is the "hm" of doubt, then why did you refer to the "new" religion as a religion? You know... the "very well known" one? If you call it a religion, then they did, in fact, create their own religion, nes't-ce-pas?[/QUOTE]

[color=darkslategray][size=1] That "hm" was not of doubt. Why would I be doubting anything?

The religion I was talking about was Mormon. From what I understand, some man claimed to have found a book in the desert and rewrote the book to his liking..? I'll be honest that I don't know the details, so I will stand corrected if someone were to set that straight in my mind.

They did create their own religion. I never said anything to say that it hadn't been done before.

Am I saying that believing in different religions is wrong? No, absolutely not. I just don't agree it's right, that's all.

I agreed to his interest in all of the forms of religion he looked into. Hell, I love looking into all sorts of religion, too.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Annalisse][color=darkslategray][size=1]
The religion I was talking about was Mormon. From what I understand, some man claimed to have found a book in the desert and rewrote the book to his liking..? I'll be honest that I don't know the details, so I will stand corrected if someone were to set that straight in my mind.

Not to his own liking- they say that he discovered the "true" word of God ( and not in a desert, either- it was somewhere on the East coast of the United States- like New York or Jersey or something) and that he was their prophet- that the lost tribes of Israel travelled to the American continent so many years ago and buried some gold or bronze leaf that had the true word of God inscribed on them- not the words of the prophets and apostles, mind you, but the words of the Christ himself... and everyone knows that the true words of Christ negate anything some prophet or apostle said- even if it was in Christ's name... *smirking*...So he found the word of Christ, used a pair of magical eyeglasses to interpret what was written, and had visions of angels that came to speak to him, and thus became the Mormon prophet which the Book of Mormon was written after- though I don't think he wrote it himself...

However, this true word of god on the golden leaves is once again buried or something until... I don't know when... and I think the magical glasses disappeared, too, somehow...

I couldn't take it seriously enough to continue studying it after I asked the Mormon ...uh...missionaries?... why they view blacks as an inferior race and they became really angry with me for questioning that. I'm pretty sure that it stems from the whole Lost Tribes of Israel /master race bull****, though.

And they believe that there is a modern prophet with us today that should be followed... or so the missionaries told me...

Sorry I'm not as well-informed as I should be, but I thought I'd share what i remember from what had been shared with me by a couple of zealot missionaries that practically lived on my doorstep for a couple of weeks, refusing to answer my practical questions and also refusing to leave until it was beyond clear that I was not to be converted...

Guest Crimson Spider
I'm a non-denominational Christian, as many of you know.

I could never align myself with a denomination. I simply do not share the same beleifs with a lot of the denominations out there, nor with many other religions. I always find something wrong, or something doesn't make sense, or a fundamental contradiction, or something like that. Not just from christian denominations, but from other religions as well.