Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=blue]For those of you who haven't been reading the news lately, I thought I'd post some interesting info up here.

Firstly, Sonic Team has delayed Phantasty Star Online for GAMECUBE until March of 2002 for Japan. However, it is expected that Nintendo will launch its online network in time for the release.

In order to further satisfy fans, Sonic Team will be including [i]two[/i] new character classes in the game. :)

In addition, Sonic Team has revealed that it will announce an as yet secret GAMECUBE title at Space World...

[IMG]http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/news/image/cube/secretsega.jpg[/IMG]

The above is a blurred shot of the new title. The aspect ratio doesn't fit the wider GBA screen, so it's expected that the game is for GameCube.

What could it be? NiGHTS 2? Sonic Adventure 3?

What do you guys hope it is? :)[/color]
Posted
[color=blue]I'd personally love to see a new NiGHTS game. The original Saturn version was really nice...and even now it's still a fun game.

I also recently bought Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast, and I love it! :) I can't even imagine how great Sonic Adventure 3 could look on GameCube...[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=blue]I think its gonna be a new game.... Maybe another RPG hopefully...[/COLOR]
Posted
I think it's going to be a new game where you play as a giant question mark that jumps around on a horribly pixelated background. ;)

j/k

Wouldn't that be great if it was an update of NiGHTS? Or maybe Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Toe Jam and Earl, Shining Force, and the list could go on and on.

Z
Posted
Yeah it'll be great to see those classics SEGA games to return.
Heh yeah Shemue had alot of talking in there I have to admit it but other than that it was a great game heh I think Shemue might make a release for the GCN.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]I'd really like to see Sonic and other sega characters featured in SSBM. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Defcon5 welcome back are ya going to do the GCN Coundown thingy?Anyway yeah it'll be great to see some the SEGA Charcters in SSBM.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Treble [/i]
[B]

Hey Defcon5 welcome back are ya going to do the GCN Coundown thingy?Anyway yeah it'll be great to see some the SEGA Charcters in SSBM. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I will but I must go for now. But will start it up again when I get back.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]Is sega actually going to quit the console buisness and become a true-thrid party...or is it just earning extra money to produce a next-gen console... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]They're quitting the console business altogether. They are now a completely independant third party publisher[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]I know Capcom went over to PSX, but... I'd love to see a New Megaman title for Gamecube!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, so would I...
Posted
There has been a whole lot of hoopla surrounding a recent update to Sega's Sonic Team website in which the development studio hinted at a secret title that would be revealed at Space World next week. Dozens of readers completed comprehensive Photoshop modifications of a blurred-out image representing the secret title, all of them far-fetched. And still nobody was the wiser.



Censored mystery image of secret Sega title
But Nintendo enthusiast site Planet GameCube may have conjured up undeniable proof of what the mystery title could be. The website recently updated with an article that compared the censored, blurred out image to one of Sonic Adventure 2 (for Dreamcast) posted on Sonic Team's website, with fascinating results.



[url]http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/sonic/sonichog.jpg[/url]


An image of Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast posted on Sonic Team's website
The site used the graphics program Photoshop to resize the posted Sonic Adventure 2 image to 180x135 so that it matched the blurred out one, and then it used the mosaic filter to pixelate it (at cell size 16) to the same degree. The results:


[url]http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/sonic/sonicmodify.jpg[/url]




The images are an exact match, minus the question mark. Though this suggests that Sega could be working on a port of Sonic Adventure 2 for GameCube, it's also entirely possible that the company simply grabbed any image it could find and blurred it out as a teaser of things to come. We ask that you bear both possibilities in mind as we near Space World.

Thanks to Planet GameCube for the find.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...