OtakuBoards

Otaku Avatars: Submissions

James

[color=crimson][size=1]I was going to post this within the Otaku Avatars sticky topic, but I felt that it deserves its own topic because it deals specifically with avatar submissions.

I've been getting quite a few avatars lately, and that's great. Keep 'em coming everyone :)

However, I'd like to mention a few things about how I'd like them to be submitted.

First, the avatars must be 50x50. Any larger or smaller will be rejected.

Second, the avatars should preferably be in GIF format, but JPEG is fine too. No BMP please.

Third, I have a specific requirement when it comes to filenames.

Some people are sending me avatars of characters who I don't know...and so I have no idea which section to put them under.

So if you're sending say...5 Digimon avatars. You'd put the filenames like so:

Digimon1
Digimon2
Digimon3
Digimon4
Digimon5

Alternatively, you might name them like this:

Pokemon_Pikachu
Pokemon_Raichu
Pokemon_Bulbasaur

etc.

Preferably, the [b]second[/b] way is best. That way, I know first and foremost where the avatar belongs...and second, what the name of the character in the avatar is.

People who send in avatars with this format above are most likely to get theirs put up. Avatars which don't follow those guidlines will probably be ignored, as it's a big job editing the filenames of 50 avatars and then having to organize them.

Thanks for everyone's submissions so far. :)

Right now, I can say that I need more avatars in the following areas:

Tenchi
Pokemon
Nintendo
Sony
Microsoft/PC (Microsoft and PC games are combined as one category)

The rest are doing okay, but of course, too many avatars is still never enough ;)

[/color][/size]

only getting your avatar when you hit 500 i thought that was one of the built in functions of the vb boards?
any ways are you gonna get mad if i give you an avatar of yamagata holding a pipe about to obliterate someone or is that to violent for the kids that havn't quite hit there akira stage.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gundamcat17 [/i]
[B]only getting your avatar when you hit 500 i thought that was one of the built in functions of the vb boards?
any ways are you gonna get mad if i give you an avatar of yamagata holding a pipe about to obliterate someone or is that to violent for the kids that havn't quite hit there akira stage. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]The VB boards are custom -- most sites customize their VB to their own liking, as we have done.

You need at least 500 posts to receive a custom avatar. 'till then, users are able to use any of the standard avatars we provide.

The avatar you describe is fine. Most people here have seen fairly violent anime, so I do'nt think it's going to be terribly different to what anime fans have seen (especially since some avatars contain blood on characters etc).[/color][/size]

Guest Dark Man X
Hey, isn't this the same as having custom avatars? I mean, the people that are submitting the avatars are submitting the ones that [i]they[/i] like and would like to use. Although it won't be unique, but it's somewhat the same as having a custom avatar.

~DMX~

Ok, I know what you meen, say you dont have 500 posts yet, you make an avatar, send it in for public use, then you can use it since its for the public, but considerate an award for letting other people use it!:D hey james i think you already got mine, but was it ok that i named it just plain krillen?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark Man X [/i]
[B]Hey, isn't this the same as having custom avatars? I mean, the people that are submitting the avatars are submitting the ones that [i]they[/i] like and would like to use. Although it won't be unique, but it's somewhat the same as having a custom avatar.

~DMX~ [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah i always say that when we get to this point.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]What are you on about, eh?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]As far as I can tell...

Forte thinks you mean that your first avatar was the exact one in this thread...or something....

::shrugs:: Like [i]I[/i] know...[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]As far as I can tell...

Forte thinks you mean that your first avatar was the exact one in this thread...or something....

::shrugs:: Like [i]I[/i] know...[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lol, thanks Cera...you have clarified it for me. No Forte, it wasn't that exact avatar, it was the one available here at the boards. This one:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Lol, thanks Cera...you have clarified it for me. No Forte, it wasn't that exact avatar, it was the one available here at the boards. This one:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Well, i try....

Heh... I remember first seeing your picture and suddenly realizing how I had always subconsciously pictured you as a sort of sly looking girl with blue hair.

Can't really go by avatars, can we? LoL.[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Well, i try....

Heh... I remember first seeing your picture and suddenly realizing how I had always subconsciously pictured you as a sort of sly looking girl with blue hair.

Can't really go by avatars, can we? LoL.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Haha, I so know what you mean (several people have told me the same thing.)

I too do that to several members...though I have never seen Safer's real pic, I picture him as, well...Sephiroth :p

And Transtic! That was the big shocker...not at all like I imagined him to look...(hehe, he's a super cutie ^_^)[/color]