OtakuBoards

Anti-Social....I have problems...

Queen Asuka

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]well thats good, the guys you know are nice :) .. but its not always the same for everyone unfortunatly.. :(

please, call me cammy ^_^ or cam.. your choice [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm the fortunate one, but the girls know are not nice. They hate me (except for my best friends, and my sisters), especially my cousin.
Cam, did I tell you that you look like you avatar.

[B]all the guys here are nerds though[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]-_____-;;;;

If you're a nerd you're a cool nerd then... cuz nerds dont look like that....

I'm not a nerd.... i dont think.... O__o.... or am i....

Hm...

o_____o'.........[/color][/b][/size]

[B]

yes you did.. ^_^ heh.. i love my av.. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]Many dont know what my avatars mean.... they're symbols from ancient times or modern times..

currently... the Pentagram in a Circle...... is my avatar....

But yours is cooler... bah.... i need a new avatar...[/color][/b][/size]

Guest Voodookanaka
guys are jerks, including myself, but I wont go moanin bout my probs now.

y cant nerds be cool????? Im a nerd and am the best dressed guy in college, my mates a nerd deep down and hes the most popular in college, n anothers a nerd and hes the hardest, I think ppl confuse nerds with geeks and other things along that line too easily.

I like this definition of geek:

A geek is someone who spends time being "social" on a computer. This could mean chatting on irc or icb, playing multi-user games, posting to alt.sex.bondage.particle.physics, or even writing shareware. Someone who just uses their computer for work, but doesn't spend their free time "on line" is not a geek. Most geeks are technically adept and have a great love of computers, but not all geeks are programming wizards. Some just know enough unix to read mail and telnet out to their favorite MUD.

Geeks are generally social outcasts from mainstream america. The ranks of geekdom are swelled with gamers, ravers, science fictions fans, punks, perverts, programmers, nerds, subgenii, and trekkies. These are people who did not go to their high school proms, and many would be offended by the suggestion that they should have even wanted to. Geeks prefer to socialize with other geeks, the self proclaimed weird. Therefore they go online to organize parties, food runs, drink runs, and movie nights, and be assured that their companions would rather talk about superheros as modern mythology than the latest football scores.

Geeks are their own society: a literate, hyperinformed underground. The community accepts people from all walks of life, assuming they have access to the net and the skill to use it. Geeks are rather openminded with regards to nonstandard lifestyles. Many geeks are queer, more practice non-monogamy, and the most common religion is neo-paganism. You can't tell if someone is a geek just by looking at them, there is no dress code. Some dress casual, some prefer silk - but few pay attention to current fashion. You are more likey to see a geek in a renaissance bodice than a dress from glamour magazine; or a tiedye instead of suit and tie.

The unwritten geek credo states that originality and strangeness are good, and that blind conformity and stupidity are unforgivable.

Take care not to confuse the terms geek and nerd. A nerd is a person with no social skills, usually obsessed with science or technology (geek is more computer specific). Nerds are known for their pocket protectors, taped glasses, and plaid shirts. Many nerds are also geeks, using the net as a safe screen to hide behind while practicing their social skills. However they rarely come out to be seen in person at live geek events, so there is little reason to be concerned.

It's from [url]http://samsara.circus.com/~omni/geek.html[/url]

Hey everyone. Thanks to all you guys who responded to my very depressed post. I realize that there is a guy out there waiting for me, and he's probably not even at my own school. And I like nerds, by the way. They're using some of the nicest and politest people. I also think goths are cool since I'm considered a "freakish punk" myself ("Not enough black to be a freak, not enough spikes to be a punk"). And yeah, thanks for the sympathy about my dog. She was my baby. Her daddy got ran over two weeks ago, and another one of my dogs got sick and died last week. Three close and loved pets is almost traumatizing....

Asukaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Do NOT ever again worry about Chris again, he is nothing compared to you. You know that! OK, look at our junior class:.................. hmm, not much there, eh? There's plenty out there for you. Don't settle for lil' ol' JC. ;)

*sighs* yeah, I know. It'll be okay hon, maybe Chris will break his nose at the next football game, heheheh :naughty: whoops, 'bad llama!' Naw, I don't mean it, but seriously, don't let it get to you too much, he's not worht it.

I would laugh so hard if he got hurt at the next football game just because you said that. But then I would feel bad for him, too but oh well. Chris from the dance wants me to go to a party Friday. I don't think I'd be able to go. And plus, it's a drinking party. I promised I would never do that again and he told me I didn't have to but...YEAH. What do you think?:worried:

Well the one time I did go to a drinking party, I totally regretted it. Not like I did anything bad, because I didn't, I wouldn't let myself do anything like that, but I just felt like maybe some people's respect for me go down and I had to lie to my mom. I had a guilty conscience. So I don't think I'll go, or do anything like that EVER again. I think I should just stick to going skating with Katie Jane on Friday...:D

Be glad your parents raised you with morals. Some people arent' that lucky and end up screwing up their lives. And YES, alcoholic beverages are disgusting...I don't even know how I downed so much. (It wasn't that much really...I just have low alcohol tolerance) And yeah, skating rocks, but skateBOARDING is the GOD of all.

Guest Voodookanaka
I always thought nerds were ppl like myself who have conversations bout teenage mutant ninja turtles and how knuckles ruined sonic?!?!?!??

hehehee.... TMNT ruled. :D I don't classify/judge people by what their interests are...... heck, no one could catagorize me, b/c they find that I just don't fit the stereotype of anything. I RULE!! :smooch: j/k, I'm in a good mood.

[SIZE=1]Lol, I'm a geek, and I think that's just pretty darn awesome! I fit just about every lil schpiel detail thing in that post about geeks and nerds. Ya, if you're looking for a social outcast, might as well start walkin' to Omaha, there are many of us here besides just myself :D[/SIZE]

Well I think geeks ROCK because they're the nicest people. I'm the stereotype of a psycho anime freak. Or so people say. They always swear me and Anna are on drugs. BUT WE'RE BETTER THAN THAT! Anyways, when I was in middle school, I used to get picked on so bad about how I dressed. Like for example, this guy picked on me because I didn't wear name brand shoes. And when I finally got a pair of Nikes, which were the thing then, I got picked on because I actually had some and they figured they came from Salvation Army. You really can't win for losing in today's screwed up society.