Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=Navy]I just bought my first ever system this past Christmas. It's one of those new slim PS2's.

Well, my brother received a German PS2 game from a friend, and since I'm the one who owns a PS2, he gave it to me. It doesn't work when I try to play it. My PS2 can't read it. Is there any way to fix that, or I will never be able to play it no matter what?[/COLOR]
Posted
You have a US PS2, so you can't play foreign games on it without some sort of modchip. German games also run on a PAL signal, while US TVs run on a NTSC signal... that might cause even more problems than simply changing regions like you can to play Japanese PS2 games (Japan is also NTSC).

I don't know what the options are for that with the slim PS2 models.
Posted
[font=Verdana][color=blue]To be honest, I don't think there's anything you can really do short of buying an American version of the game. It would be a lot of work and you could end up damaging your PS2 to try to make it read that game. Mu suggestion would be to just go and buy the US version (if it's out in the US).[/color][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...