OtakuBoards

Well Done Gundam& Nerve

CanadianVegita

*Clap* *Clap*
I hope you two are happy. You pretty much just killed this board. What 's up with the no more Vegita's better o Goku's better? That brought controversy. And that had people something to write about. Same with reasons why some of the people here like one DBZ character and not another. I like Vegita way more than Goku. Why? Cause he's just a bit more cooler than Goku. In my Opinion. That's what this is all about. Opinion. The Right of free speech. If I get banned because of this. So be it. There are other Boards out there. But what I'm speaking is the truth. Altron Gundam. You said something about no flame mail and such. Well. From your posts you were the one putting me down. So by your rules you should be banned. I joined this board to express my opinions about DBZ. Sure I'm alittle addicted to the show. Who isn't and I feel that I should say what is on my mind. If I feel that Vegita could beat Goku in a fight. Will that kill anyone? No. If I believe that there could be a SSJ5. I should be able to say that too. Now your saying that I can't speak my mind. Well guess what...I don't care. I'm not here for the higher number of posts I send out. I'm here to express my thoughts and beliefs. Now I know that this is probably going to be deleted but I am going to get this out. If I have to P mail this whole Group here at Otaku. So be it. I agree you should have rules, but not to the extreme that the individuals here can not express their thoughts a certain way. It's just not right. It's kinda like how Hitler supressed the Jews. If One gets out of line. Dead. Or here it would be banned. All i'm saying is look at your rules and look hard. Cause I bet I'm not the only one that doesn't really agree with them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CanadianVegita [/i]
[B]*Clap* *Clap*
I hope you two are happy. You pretty much just killed this board. What 's up with the no more Vegita's better o Goku's better? That brought controversy. And that had people something to write about. Same with reasons why some of the people here like one DBZ character and not another. I like Vegita way more than Goku. Why? Cause he's just a bit more cooler than Goku. In my Opinion. That's what this is all about. Opinion. The Right of free speech. If I get banned because of this. So be it. There are other Boards out there. But what I'm speaking is the truth. Altron Gundam. You said something about no flame mail and such. Well. From your posts you were the one putting me down. So by your rules you should be banned. I joined this board to express my opinions about DBZ. Sure I'm alittle addicted to the show. Who isn't and I feel that I should say what is on my mind. If I feel that Vegita could beat Goku in a fight. Will that kill anyone? No. If I believe that there could be a SSJ5. I should be able to say that too. Now your saying that I can't speak my mind. Well guess what...I don't care. I'm not here for the higher number of posts I send out. I'm here to express my thoughts and beliefs. Now I know that this is probably going to be deleted but I am going to get this out. If I have to P mail this whole Group here at Otaku. So be it. I agree you should have rules, but not to the extreme that the individuals here can not express their thoughts a certain way. It's just not right. It's kinda like how Hitler supressed the Jews. If One gets out of line. Dead. Or here it would be banned. All i'm saying is look at your rules and look hard. Cause I bet I'm not the only one that doesn't really agree with them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Staff, please do not delete this thread[/b]

--------------

Let me address this one point at a time...

First off, my own point.... you and a very few select others are the only ones with a problem, the majority has no problem.... sorry the world works on Majorities.... so does the US Government and just about every other government... Otaku is basically a government... we run it... we base it on majority... If people would have no liked the rules i set forth I would have changed them... but the majority liked it, thus there is no problem.

Now to address your points.

I am happy.... I'm happy with the way people have acted on these rules. I'm happy how [i]MOST[/i] people have accepted them and LIKED them.

No we didn't kill the board.... thats physically impossible... and I still see people posting (speaking of someone who doesn't post ::cough:: ) and thats good.

Why no more Vegita vs Gokou topics or whatever.... because they've only been made 18,000 TIMES! thats why.... it may have brought controversy, but the same controversy I've read 9 million times.... the same controversy over something NO ONE knows.... Who's stronger, Gokou or Vegita.... there's no proof.... thats like Me going into controversy over what is better on a sandwitch, Bologna or Ham.... It's stupid and based on meaningless opinion that lacks any reasonable backup as proof. And like I said, it's been done 300 times in the past.

Freedom of Speech.... I learned that the hard way... this is the internet... which reaches out to MANY different countries, not just the US and Canada..... freedom of speech doesn't exist on the net.... Like I said, Otaku is a government... we run things how we run things no questions asked..... and we can do it cause nothing is stopping us... there's no supreme internet governement here to stop us because the internet is just too large and reaches to ALOT of people. Plus we work with alot of kids here.... we limit alot of speech so we don't affend the poor kiddies and their bad parents. that really has nothing to do with the rules, just giving another example.

You won't be banned.... You have your right to speak your opinion, however I'd rather you have done it through Pm, but I'm sure you wanted everyone to see, so I'll do the same.

Altron says no flaming.... he doesn't really flame... he just makes people who break the rules feel it's consiquences.... and he does it by yelling at you... It's not really flaming, just making you realize you screwed up in some way, and he does it rather bluntfully.... which James and Seph and I have no problem with really.... or else we would have done something by now.... When Altron passes the line he hears from us, so don't worry about how he's doing things.

Sure you could say that about Gokou and Vegita... but the matter of the fact is, It's been heard 8000000000 time and No one really cares about what you think about Vegita compared to Gokou... it's a boring useless topic... and alot of people are tired of seeing it... i certainly am.... about SS-J 5.... you can believe all you want... it DOESN'T exist, thus there is no reason to talk about it... do you live in Japan? do you know anyone who works on it? I didn't think so.... there's NO proof it exists except as some fan manga or doujinshi (which is probably what it isif anything at all).... and again, this has also been posted about 6 gajillion times.... no need to waste my time with it again. Just makes you look dumber..... we try to save you from being embarrassed.

Wait Wait wait... you are comparing our rules to... HITLER and WWII and the Nazis.... BWAHAHAHA! I mean come on... snap out of it there.....

The rest of the staff at Otaku agrees with these rules.... or they wouldn't be here.... I don't run this board... i don't run Otaku... James runs OtakuBoards.com Adam is basically the owner owner but he doesn't run it... Adam run theOtaku.com ..... James knows these rules exists, so does Safer... and GinnyLyn.... those are your high powers here... and they never told me to remove them.... you wanna know why? I dunno if you read GD or not... James put up Otaku Rules and said that we are cutting down on alot of crap that goes on in this board (the full board)... he wants posts to be more mature, trying to attract an older audience. In order to do that we must stop useless, senseless posts from being posted, in way, we must make rules...

And if you look carefully at my post you'll see people agreed with them... i dunno what you were doing not to see "Good job TN" or "Thats great work" or "Good rules" or whatever... which I already cleared up top in one of those paragraphs.

In Conclution (I feel like I'm writing an essay).... These rules aren't going anywhere... you can whine like a baby to all the Otaku staff, thats fine with me if you wanna waste your time. As someone or manypeople have said here on these boards before [b]Don't like it, You are free to leave[/b] or some variation of that.... james even said it himself one time.

No one's keeping you here... and the fact is, you are just some newbie.... 30 something posts or whatever you have is nothing to show that you are even here enough to have your opinion matter... we aren't going to change the rules for some punk who isn't even here alot.... It doesn't work that way... perhaps you should study up on government and how they are run... and laws and politics and whatnot.... You'll understand. Till then, if you chose to stay on Otaku, abide by the rules... or we'll fore you to leave. the choice lies within you young Skywalker.

[SIZE=1]*Jaw drops to the floor*

Transtic, that post blew me away. You deserve some sort of award or something for that.

As a pretty well-seasoned member of the boards (but I'm not holding myself on some sort of throne or anything) I have to say that the rules on these message boards are very fair, and more importantly they make sense. I started my fair share of "whos better" topics in the past, but I haven't done so since the rules were first put in place, as many of the members of the boards have. Before I found the otaku boards I briefly was a member of like 4 other message boards, but I never liked them very much. Why? Because of the chaos that was happening on them; there were hundreds of topics exactly the same, some people has signatures with pictures that slowed down the computer, people would cuss and always fight. I could not stand it....

The reason I decided to stay with the message boards is that they were better organized, with more intelligent members and more control over spam and other crap.

The moderators, gods and administrators on these boards should be proud of the site they help maintain. Because I have seen so many others fail miserably where otakuboards.com succeeds. Every member on the boards must follow these rules, because they help maintain order on the boards. I don't see the fun in responding to fifty "I say a wrod, you say a word" topics, or having to deal with people who cuss up a storm.

If you don't like the rules on the boards, then please leave. I don't want you to ruin it for the rest of us.[/SIZE]

Im afraid they are both right. I have only been here a month or so and im tired of hearing "Vegeta is better than Gokou" arguements.

The rules here are fair, and if you dont want to live by them, go elsewhere. IMHO, TN, AG and the rest of the staff do a good job.

There are other boards where you can repeat the same old topics day in and out, and where the "disscusions" of "Vegeta is better. No he isnt, Gokou is more powerfull. No he isnt...." can go on and on..

You registered how long ago? I remember seeing you a while back, and you havnt contributed to the commmunity in a positive way that I can see.

Bah!

:worried: :nervous:

since the rules have been put up, I have never been happier with the way the dragonball forum is headed, no more lame who is better topic, no more ssj1000 topics, heck, if you believed in DB AF then you've got something wrong with your head, as it stands, whether you like it or not, quality in the DB section has risen dramatically since the rules have been posted, and its not just the DB section, but all other sections of the board, we have decided to become slightly more strict with what people post, we have rules, as do many other message boards, we are just more fair than other MB's, I have been at other MB's that basically try to flame a newbie into leaving, simply because they were newbies, that is what you call not fair, so tell me, do you see this type of behaviour on otaku? do you still consider us not fair....

tell me, what is the point in posting a "who'se better, vegita or gokou" thread if it has been discussed thousands of times in the past? everyone just gives the same opinions over and over again, it just gets so boring, so whats the point in having it in the first place if already discussed? unless akira toriyama suddenly released a new verion of dragonball (which he will not) where vegita and gokou are the most powerful and are very similar in power, then the opinions of everyone of who they think is better out of the two will remain the same, and why would you think ssj5 is real? it is not, so there wouldn't be any kind of discussion about it, occasionally a newbie comes and says if ssj5 is real, we reply no, topic closed, end of discussion, simply because there is nothing more to discuss....

as for altron flaming, yes, he makes people look lioke idiots from time to time, but he never does it without reason, he only ever does it if someone deserves to be flamed, for example, I have seen people come up out of nowhere and say they have seen every single episode of dbz years ago in japanese or whatever, but when they get into a discussion they refer to mr satan by his english dubbed name of "hercule", now talk about stupid, so altron would have a right to confront them about it, altron does a good job here at the boards, as do all our other staff members, if we did not think that altron was fit to be a moderator here, would we have chose him? no, we wouldn't have, altron is a moderator here because simply put, he is good, he never spams, has a good attitude, understands the rules perfectly well, voices his opinions well, and generally does a good job, so if you have a problem with the way he is running the boards, then take up the matter privately with him or transtic via pm....

thats all I have to say about the matter....

I thought at first CanadianVegita was congrating the Mods for doing such a good job. But now I believe i'll have to side with the mods on this one for this reason:

Dragonball Boards don't have to actually have who is better. I have no clue/idea why you think not having those would "kill" the board. That was just kind of a fruit y thought. And telling the mods they are doing a bad job when they are actually doing a very good one just made the problem worse. Plain fact is the mods are just doing there damn job and a very good one at that....

Guest Altron Gundam
Well...here's my point...let me express this for a second on all your points canadian vejita...

Umm killed this board...how? I can't literally stab a computer monitor screen and suck the life outa this board. On the other hand, killing a board with over 1000 members is physically impossible to do. :butthead:

About the Vejita vs. Gokou topics...sure it did bring controversy, but IT DID bring flaming and fighting as well, which is why we stopped it. For the fact, those topics were wasting space because they were posted every two seconds...
We don't need 2000 "Gokou vs. Vejita" or "Gotenks is the best" topics...

Even free speech has its limits. Free speech has its limits in wasting the space of this board by repeating topics or posting topics that have no meaning like "jfdsaofjso" with the contents "I like Dragonball". That would go into free speech, but also at the same time wasting board space that could be used for good topics.

Sure I said "no flaming. When I call someone a "moron" or do something of that sort, it when that person is massively breaking a rule, or when someone is showing off too much. Sure, I'll cut back on that, but I still have to tell someone when they are breaking the rule. And yes, that's just me, I say it bluntly, but I'll try to improve on that. I'm not flaming, because I'm not just insulting somebody for no reason, its either because they are breaking a rule or being a jackass...whichever.

Since when is making rules mass racism? If I don't remember Hitler tortured the Jews and put them into concentration camps where they stayed until they died. I don't see any members here feeling like there being killed or any of the staff executing racism. If the DB section of Otakuboards ends up started World War III give me a call.

Basically, you can speak your mind. Just to a certain extent. All are rules are basically based around SPAM. Sure, you can say Vejita is better than Gokou in your opinion, just not 20000 times, or forcefully like you did when you did post that Gokou vs. Vejita topic.

About the rules, they are based and the members have replied. The majority agreed. Tell me, the topics we have had to close in the past few days is significantly less than before. Before we were closing like 10 per day. Now when I see I don't see many closed topics anymore. So yes, it is getting better, but obviously, you see differently now that people don't argue and cause "controversy" to your delight.

Whine all you want, the rules a dead heap in the ground. SPAM has gotten less since these rules came into effect, and they won't change. Just because you disagree with them doesn't mean you have to push to have them removed, the majority seems like they agree and so be it.

The rules are not going to be edited for some newbie that whines whenever he doesn't like something. He didn't like Gokou, he flamed the Gokou fans and told them they were morons for liking Gokou. Now he doesn't like the rules, now he thinks he's king, and wants them changed. CanadianVejita hasn't contributed even ONE good thing to this board. In fact the only thing he's contributed is a barking ground for members to argue and flame each other over which character is better....

The bottom line is: We're trying to reduce flaming not spread it. We don't want your so called "controversy."

Finally, you don't like the rules, fine, then leave.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

[b]Staff, please do not delete this thread[/b]

--------------

Let me address this one point at a time...

First off, my own point.... you and a very few select others are the only ones with a problem, the majority has no problem.... sorry the world works on Majorities.... so does the US Government and just about every other government... Otaku is basically a government... we run it... we base it on majority... If people would have no liked the rules i set forth I would have changed them... but the majority liked it, thus there is no problem.

Now to address your points.

I am happy.... I'm happy with the way people have acted on these rules. I'm happy how [i]MOST[/i] people have accepted them and LIKED them.

No we didn't kill the board.... thats physically impossible... and I still see people posting (speaking of someone who doesn't post ::cough:: ) and thats good.

Why no more Vegita vs Gokou topics or whatever.... because they've only been made 18,000 TIMES! thats why.... it may have brought controversy, but the same controversy I've read 9 million times.... the same controversy over something NO ONE knows.... Who's stronger, Gokou or Vegita.... there's no proof.... thats like Me going into controversy over what is better on a sandwitch, Bologna or Ham.... It's stupid and based on meaningless opinion that lacks any reasonable backup as proof. And like I said, it's been done 300 times in the past.

Freedom of Speech.... I learned that the hard way... this is the internet... which reaches out to MANY different countries, not just the US and Canada..... freedom of speech doesn't exist on the net.... Like I said, Otaku is a government... we run things how we run things no questions asked..... and we can do it cause nothing is stopping us... there's no supreme internet governement here to stop us because the internet is just too large and reaches to ALOT of people. Plus we work with alot of kids here.... we limit alot of speech so we don't affend the poor kiddies and their bad parents. that really has nothing to do with the rules, just giving another example.

You won't be banned.... You have your right to speak your opinion, however I'd rather you have done it through Pm, but I'm sure you wanted everyone to see, so I'll do the same.

Altron says no flaming.... he doesn't really flame... he just makes people who break the rules feel it's consiquences.... and he does it by yelling at you... It's not really flaming, just making you realize you screwed up in some way, and he does it rather bluntfully.... which James and Seph and I have no problem with really.... or else we would have done something by now.... When Altron passes the line he hears from us, so don't worry about how he's doing things.

Sure you could say that about Gokou and Vegita... but the matter of the fact is, It's been heard 8000000000 time and No one really cares about what you think about Vegita compared to Gokou... it's a boring useless topic... and alot of people are tired of seeing it... i certainly am.... about SS-J 5.... you can believe all you want... it DOESN'T exist, thus there is no reason to talk about it... do you live in Japan? do you know anyone who works on it? I didn't think so.... there's NO proof it exists except as some fan manga or doujinshi (which is probably what it isif anything at all).... and again, this has also been posted about 6 gajillion times.... no need to waste my time with it again. Just makes you look dumber..... we try to save you from being embarrassed.

Wait Wait wait... you are comparing our rules to... HITLER and WWII and the Nazis.... BWAHAHAHA! I mean come on... snap out of it there.....

The rest of the staff at Otaku agrees with these rules.... or they wouldn't be here.... I don't run this board... i don't run Otaku... James runs OtakuBoards.com Adam is basically the owner owner but he doesn't run it... Adam run theOtaku.com ..... James knows these rules exists, so does Safer... and GinnyLyn.... those are your high powers here... and they never told me to remove them.... you wanna know why? I dunno if you read GD or not... James put up Otaku Rules and said that we are cutting down on alot of crap that goes on in this board (the full board)... he wants posts to be more mature, trying to attract an older audience. In order to do that we must stop useless, senseless posts from being posted, in way, we must make rules...

And if you look carefully at my post you'll see people agreed with them... i dunno what you were doing not to see "Good job TN" or "Thats great work" or "Good rules" or whatever... which I already cleared up top in one of those paragraphs.

In Conclution (I feel like I'm writing an essay).... These rules aren't going anywhere... you can whine like a baby to all the Otaku staff, thats fine with me if you wanna waste your time. As someone or manypeople have said here on these boards before [b]Don't like it, You are free to leave[/b] or some variation of that.... james even said it himself one time.

No one's keeping you here... and the fact is, you are just some newbie.... 30 something posts or whatever you have is nothing to show that you are even here enough to have your opinion matter... we aren't going to change the rules for some punk who isn't even here alot.... It doesn't work that way... perhaps you should study up on government and how they are run... and laws and politics and whatnot.... You'll understand. Till then, if you chose to stay on Otaku, abide by the rules... or we'll fore you to leave. the choice lies within you young Skywalker. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow that must of taken a looong time to post. Also i hate those type of thread anyway. Get rid of 'em

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonballzman [/i]
[B]Wow, AG, TN and Seph, those posts must have taken AGES to write! Now I know why they made you Gods/Admins! All that stuff comes naturally into your head doesn't it? :laugh: And in my opinion, I agree with what u guys said. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know what you mean dude. I am shocked how long these things are. I can hardly read half way without taking a break for my eyes. These people deserve to be Admins.