OtakuBoards

X-Box 499$?? WTF ? ? ?

Pave-Low

I have heard from several people that the x-box will be 499. I also can only find these bundle packs on websites that go from 499 tio 549. Can you just get the system for 299? Cause I am not paying 499. Thats ridiculous even if you do get 3 games. SOme of the games I dont want. If this is terue then microsoft has lost me as a customer. I will get a PS2 and Gamecube.

[color=crimson][size=1]Umm, I though the Xbox was $399USD.

But it's a rip off anyway. That's why I'm not buying one 'till Christmas next year. For now, I'm sticking with GameCube.

There are so many extra costs. You're paying extra for controllers, for memory cards (even though the console has a hard drive...talk about blood sucking the consumer) and you have to buy that remote control to play DVDs...which is a pretty pathetic idea.

So all up, you could easily spend close to $499 if you were to buy the controllers, game, memory card and remote.

I'd say, buy a GameCube now with a game and controller...and then buy an Xbox next Christmas, when the price has come down. Microsoft will be a bit more sober after it's had a good thrashing in the marketplace and thus, the price shall fall :)[/color][/size]

Microsoft is charging for everything. . Ughh. . how depressing. I watched Tech TV. .and even they seemed a bit sucked up in all the propoganda put out by Micro$oft. It is rather sad =(

They don't even have memory cards (news to me) Instead, they save everything to their 8gb hard drive. While pretty cool. It basically means you have a smaller sized computer that you hook up to the TV. What is the point really?

I don't ever see myself getting one, unless they come out with some REALLY good games, and that will be LONG LONG time from now.

I read a report (think also from Tech TV) that said Microsoft is expected to lose upwards of $1 Billion before the year 2004 when they finally will level out. That is bad. . =(

Well I think that 499 is stupid. Im not paying that even if it does come with three games. I really want an Xbox, but I will wait untill they drop the price. As for the system alone I cant find anywhere that sales just the system. If someone can please tell me. I decided to day that I was just going to get a gamecube, so see, Microsoft has already screwed up their system.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pave-Low [/i]
[B]Well I think that 499 is stupid. Im not paying that even if it does come with three games. I really want an Xbox, but I will wait untill they drop the price. As for the system alone I cant find anywhere that sales just the system. If someone can please tell me. I decided to day that I was just going to get a gamecube, so see, Microsoft has already screwed up their system. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]You can't actually buy an Xbox without having it in a bundle I think (unless you're really lucky). This was part of Microsoft's launch strategy, to get as many pieces of software out there as possible.

MS doesn't have a terribly huge number of consoles available, so it is forced into this kind of situation.

You should be able to pick up a lone Xbox next month hopefully...that is, if you still want one after you play some of its god-awful games lol (apart from DoA3 and Halo, of course)[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Surpreme Kai [/i]
[B]GameCube's games are like childish and remakes of the Nintendo64. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1]That's completely untrue.

Apart from games such as Yoshi's Story or Kirby, Nintendo, as a general rule, creates games which appeal to "all ages".

Games don't have to have politics or violence in them to make them suitable for mature audiences.

Nintendo has consistently provided the highest levels of innovation and creativity in the gaming industry, bar none.

Also, I think it's unfair for you to say that they're remakes of N64 titles. Luigi's Mansion is nothing like Mario 64. I challenge you to show me where/how the game is a "remake" of another game.

Same goes for Super Monkey Ball and Pikmin. Which of these games is a remake? Neither. They're both totally different styles of games. (Granted, SMB isn't a Nintendo title, yet it is exclusive to GameCube).

In my view, if you bought an Xbox in preference to a GameCube (and never bought a GameCube), you are really going to be wishing you hadn't in a year's time.

Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, Animal Forest +, the entire Resident Evil series (including a totally remade RE1), Star Fox Adventures, Perfect Dark Zero, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness...the list goes on and on.

If I were an Xbox owner, I'd be jealous. :)

(Of course, if you can afford it, get both. But do'nt use that "rehash" or "mature" argument. It's futile.)[/size][/color]