OtakuBoards

Zelda

outlaw1089

There was a Zelda cartoon back in the 80's.. It was part of the Super Mario Bros. show, I believe. Technically, it wasn't anime (it was an American show), but it's a cartoon, regardless. I downloaded the first episode one time, and it was so corny that I couldn't help but laugh on several occasions. Also, there must have been some sort of Zelda manga along the line, be it doujinshi or official.

[COLOR=blue]There was a Zelda anime. It used to come on early TV. It was around the time WNYW and the rest were planning to disband from cablevision's service. It was pretty good, or at least I was very much into it. I guess because of the games, and I was always waiting for Zelda II to happen in the anime. ^^; I always thought the story for that was so cool.

The only thing bad about the shows were the noses. God, Link had such a snowzer on him.[/COLOR]

EDIT: *flips Senny the bird for posting faster*

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=blue]There was a Zelda anime. It used to come on early TV. It was around the time WNYW and the rest were planning to disband from cablevision's service. It was pretty good, or at least I was very much into it. I guess because of the games, and I was always waiting for Zelda II to happen in the anime. ^^; I always thought the story for that was so cool.

The only thing bad about the shows were the noses. God, Link had such a snowzer on him.[/COLOR]

EDIT: *flips Senny the bird for posting faster*[/QUOTE]

well i didnt know there was a show or anything on Zelda

There used to be a comic for it, too, which I think was drawn by the creator of Link, Miyamoto. It was included in Nintendo Power Magazine and it was six issues long. Pretty good for somewhat porely drawn characters, though. As for the cartoon, I thought it was cool.

[COLOR=SeaGreen]"For you, Princess! Anything!"[/COLOR] Surfs up!

I've seen the Zelda cartoon /and/ the Mario Bros. show.
The Mario Bros. thing was corny, but not that bad... in my opinion.

A friend of mine, a Zelda fan, says the Zelda Cartoon was totally out of character. And I quote.

[quote]That's not Link! Link's supposed to be submissive! He's supposed to do whatever the hell you tell him to! "You I need this, go on a quest across the lands and get it so I can refer you to someone else who'll also force you to do something." This guy's not Link, he's just a jerk![/quote]

hm...
In the cartoon he had brown hair and the Princess Zelda wore... er... "modern" styled clothes.

[quote name='link']"Well sooooorry Princess."[/quote]

-ArV

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Zelda anime, I'd prefer a newer one though. When the first one was made they didn't have all the materials/ideas we have now. I think if one was made now it might actually be pretty good.