Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 So why did the boards go down? Was it really hackers? Or did Adam REALLY have a pirated board? Personally, I don't care. The boards are back - That's all that matters. But I am siding with Adam on this one; I reckon the Hackers were making that Mofo up. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Guest Tyco Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 Shinji set up the board so he has power over everything even if he isnt an admin , so he decided to be immature because he got banned for something I cant remember , and deleted me and several others in a distressful act of retaliation.
James Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]So why did the boards go down? Was it really hackers? Or did Adam REALLY have a pirated board? Personally, I don't care. The boards are back - That's all that matters. But I am siding with Adam on this one; I reckon the Hackers were making that Mofo up. I'd like to hear your thoughts. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]To answer your question, we did have security problems with hackers. Primarily Shinji and Gendo were to blame. I think that they were angry about losing their positions and rather than being mature and accepting it, they decided to try and bring down our whole community. But as you can see, in many ways, their actions have only strengthened us. Now we have a powerful new board with high level security features. So in some ways, their actions only prompted us to improve ourselves. :)[/color]
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B] [color=indigo]To answer your question, we did have security problems with hackers. Primarily Shinji and Gendo were to blame. I think that they were angry about losing their positions and rather than being mature and accepting it, they decided to try and bring down our whole community. But as you can see, in many ways, their actions have only strengthened us. Now we have a powerful new board with high level security features. So in some ways, their actions only prompted us to improve ourselves. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Hooray! Everything's back to normal - No it's not, it's even better!! :D
Guest firemac Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B] [color=indigo]To answer your question, we did have security problems with hackers. Primarily Shinji and Gendo were to blame. I think that they were angry about losing their positions and rather than being mature and accepting it, they decided to try and bring down our whole community. But as you can see, in many ways, their actions have only strengthened us. Now we have a powerful new board with high level security features. So in some ways, their actions only prompted us to improve ourselves. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] so who did really ssav otkau from the hackers, I heard kamikaze, then veggetto, so who really did it?:rolleyes:
James Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i] [B] so who did really ssav otkau from the hackers, I heard kamikaze, then veggetto, so who really did it?:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Well, I think that Vegetto gave some help by way of information Kamakazi, but I'm not sure. Basically, Kuja, Kamakazi and myself were here to try and restore the boards. They were tampered and opened up by the hackers, so we cleaned them up and re-closed them. But really, once they were closed, Adam got to work on these new boards right away. If you look carefully around the boards, you may even notice a small hint regarding theOtaku's future ;)[/color]
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B] Hooray! Everything's back to normal - No it's not, it's even better!! :D [/B][/QUOTE] Except for my 836 lost posts... :(
Guest Altron Gundam Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 Post counts don't mean anything, its just a useless number...
Guest firemac Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B] [color=indigo]Well, I think that Vegetto gave some help by way of information Kamakazi, but I'm not sure. Basically, Kuja, Kamakazi and myself were here to try and restore the boards. They were tampered and opened up by the hackers, so we cleaned them up and re-closed them. But really, once they were closed, Adam got to work on these new boards right away. If you look carefully around the boards, you may even notice a small hint regarding theOtaku's future ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] oh I see, very well now, thanks for clearing that, because I have been hearing many different views, well thanks for that, hmm, the future, I see, it's going to be better with graphics is I all I can see now.
Guest Altron Gundam Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 Basically Gendou, when he said he wasn't power hungry he basically was calling himself a lying bastard.
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i] [B]Post counts don't mean anything, its just a useless number... [/B][/QUOTE] Well, it does actually... I only cared about it for my custom avatar though...
Guest Tyco Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i] [B]Basically Gendou, when he said he wasn't power hungry he basically was calling himself a lying bastard. [/B][/QUOTE] Dude this place isnt like GT where everyone is old enough for that kind of stuff , you should watch your mouth.
RicoTranzrig Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 It's great to be back!!! And they're using vB too! Yay!
Guest firemac Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i] [B]It's great to be back!!! And they're using vB too! Yay! [/B][/QUOTE] yeah liek I said before, vb's rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
Guest Tec-9 Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 well, this mite not matter ne more, but all i know is that there weren't really ne hackers, just a guy dat happened to have access to the admin's stuff and got all of the admin's passwords. then gave it to someone else and they both logged in as them and destroyed the boards!! and shinji wasn't banned! he just happened to quit! and gendo.. well, i don't really know what happened to gendo... but that's how i c it... do ya'll realize that the boards were attacked twice in 2 consecutive days!?!
Knocka Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [COLOR=royalblue]I can't say that it will be a fast one, but Otaku will definitly recover. It looks a lot better than it did, too. I guess, in a way, Gendo and Shinji helped us by hacking us. Otaku will bounce back, it always does.[/COLOR] :cool:
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by firemac [/i] [B] yeah liek I said before, vb's rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p [/B][/QUOTE] Indeed they do...
Guest Tec-9 Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 watever happened to that strict "spamming rule???" ;) :p indeed, these boards rock! but ubb's did have their good qualities... there were the..... well, the...... umm.... the....... dang, yo! i guess vb's r better!
Warlock Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i] [B]watever happened to that strict "spamming rule???" ;) :p [/B][/QUOTE] You think we're spamming, don't you. We're simply having a conversation...
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i] [B]watever happened to that strict "spamming rule???" ;) :p indeed, these boards rock! but ubb's did have their good qualities... there were the..... well, the...... umm.... the....... dang, yo! i guess vb's r better! [/B][/QUOTE] :p <-- ..I hate that face.. And yes, vB's are better than ubb...
Warlock Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 Okay Flash, I think we know you hate :p <-- this face. You don't have to keep on telling us.
Flash Posted August 15, 2001 Author Posted August 15, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Warlock [/i] [B]Okay Flash, I think we know you hate :p <-- this face. You don't have to keep on telling us. [/B][/QUOTE] Everytime I see it, My heart is filled with rage...
Milliardo Posted August 15, 2001 Posted August 15, 2001 It's nice to see this board back. In a way, I'm glad that it has a fresh start, snce it levels the field somewhat. In the board before this, I was not active, partly because of my admins job on another board. But maybe I will be more active now. And yes, vBulletin's so much better!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now