OtakuBoards

America's Next Top Model

Pagan

It seems like every year since I've been here I've started a thread on top model and it does poorly. Women loves this show, but what about me. Am I the only one who watches this show? Are the women not hot enough for any other males to watch? Like I thought, you watch it you just don't want to admit it. Don't be ashamed, come out of your closet and smell the fresh air.

This season I'm cheering for Naomi because she is cute and has a nice body. Yeah I said it, sue me. Every season I cheer for a certain girl and I have a mixed record. Season 1 I cheered for Elyse and she lost in the finals. Season 2 I cheered for April and Mercedes and they both lost in the finals. Season 3 I cheered for Eva and I finally won for once.

Anyhow lets talk model. Who do you like and why?

[COLOR=Blue]I think reality Tv is stupid. It lacks imagination, and there are about a million reality TV shows on these days, each more stupid than the last. TV networks come up with them, because they think they are clever, and they think that people are stupid enough to watch anything these days. Sooner or later, they might stary airing reality TV shows where contestants have to kill eachother, like "Battle Royale." What next? "Tonight on Fox, we take two people and lock them in a room with no food or water for the next two weeks. How long until one of them snaps and murders the other to eat him? Tonight on Fox's new hit reality show "Snapped!" And people will be talking about the next day. See what I mean?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I'm a guy and I actually don't think the shows that bad as far as reality TV goes. I find it funny a lot of the time. Like in the 1st or 2nd season (can't remember) the girl cheated on her boyfriend and tol him and called her a stupid bit*h. I thought it was hilarious, mostly because I hate girls who cheat and well, she sucked :animesmil . Anyway, I'm not really rooting for any model, but I do like to watch the show every now and then just to see whats going on. I mean at least this is something real, they're going for a job, rather then Survivor where they just put random people on a secluded island and watch them suffer. How can they call that reality TV, when does that actually happen in real life?

Guest Acidpuppy
Who gives a Mickey Mouses behind who's going to be the next top model. All the girls look like uneating, herion junkies with small boobs and no lack of job skills to do anything else. That's why they want to be models.TV had really gone down hill.

I did have a question about this show. That one girl who one America's Next Top Model on year is now on The Surreal Life. Did she not even do any modeling stuff after she won? It seems strange to jump into another reality TV show so quickly.

I love this show to pieces.
The Covergirl aspect is starting to annoy me; The whole-edgy-Paris-runway ideas from Seasons 1 and 2 are being ditched for a Covergirl contract. In that way, it's starting to lose it's touch fashion-wise, but Janice Dickinson still manages to crack me up.

I want Kahlen or Brittany to win. Naima takes the best photos, and for that I appreciate her, but she just isn't very interesting watch.

[quote]and well, she sucked[/quote]
Shandi did [i]not[/i] suck.

lol, I wasn't referring to the show, I was referring to the way she treated her boyfriend, or if we're speaking of her sucking, maybe I should mention the actual physical things she sucked? which I won't do since thats nasty, and I'm nice :p .

To answer NPC's question, I think she did some modeling, but not as much as people assume she would've done after winning on the show. Shes actually the kind of person who would do surreal life anyway even if she didn't need the money, just cause shes quarky and horny.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]My mom watches this show...

I think that Naima has the potential to win, why? She takes good photos most of the time, and she has that attitude about her that makes her seem rather sophisticated. Brittany is alright, her disposition towards life itself seems to appeal to Janice Dickinson. (That lady is creepy.)

And as for that girl who won, and then went on to cast in the Surreal Life...

How could she want to be all over that Christopher Knight guy? He's so much older than her and well...the Brady Bunch wasn't exactly my favorite show...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Touma Seguchi][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I think that Naima has the potential to win, why? She takes good photos most of the time, and she has that attitude about her that makes her seem rather sophisticated.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

So did Yaya from Cycle 3;
In with that in mind, I think it'll come down to Brittany and Naima and Brittany will win. That's pretty much how last season played out...but then agian, ANTM does favor short-haired people.