OtakuBoards

Twilight: Light vs Dark (M-SLV)

Frankie

OOC: Sorry bout all this but I was at a friends who didnt have internet.

IC: Ryan stepped closer to a wolf, but it was a cautious approach not wanting to make the first move. He was prepared to make the first strike as soon as the wolves charged.
"Let them come. We can counter their charge. Just be sure to not let them get pat us. We dont want any risk of the eggs breaking, but Azalea might be able to handle it. If they do get past chase them down, and aim for their legs." Ryan said as he moved closer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nida heard a howl and some more noise in the grass. Nida realized it was just some wolves. She listened very carefully and heard small feet move and then larger feet shift and she heard the sound of swords swish through the grass. She heard some hitting clawing noises and whimpers after that. After a few minutes Kyo, Azalea, Kyo, and Katelyn walked silently back with smiles on their faces.

Once they sat down Nida looked closely in the darkness and noticed each one had a wolf in the hands. Or at least part of them.

Nida smiled, "The fur would be good for keeping eggs warm and then later ourselves."

"Thats what I thought." Katelyn said sitting down. "We decided to quickly skin them away from here though. Rather not blood and stuff all over our camping area."

"And you killed the wolves why? If they knew there was so many of us and we are larger they would have steered clear." laqara said quietly.

"The fur for the eggs and us later. You know that other places wont be this warm later on so the fur comes in handy. Plus wolf meat sounds kinda good at the moment."

Laqara had a wierd look on her face, "Wolf Meat... Heh. I didnt realize they had enough on them to feed us all. And how are we going to cook it? I wouldnt eat that stuff raw if it was my last day on earth."

Nida nodded, "Someone want to take my place on egg watch. Ill got find some wood. And a clearing."

"A clearing?" Katelyn asked.

Nida pointed around, "Um. Look around. We are surrounded by dry plains grass. Start a fire and it gets one spark in the wrong direction and poof the entire area is up in flames. And laqara wouldnt be able to help yet."

"What does that mean?" Kyo asked.

Nida looked around, "Uh nevermind for now. Someone watch the eggs and make sure mine doesnt roll away. its moving the most."

Nida stood up and kneeled enough down so no one could see her head over the grass and she moved away from the camp spot. She was off to find a different camp spot with less grass and some stuff for a fire. She knew that dead things attract other predators and scavengers so to move after the wolves were picked clean of all they could use they would have to move just in case.

[B]OOC: Sorry I wasn't here for awhile. Well here's mine.[/B]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]"I'll watch the eggs," Sean said and knelt down.

[B]Sean took close watch of them. He looked at his egg and put it down and suggested that he should hold Nida's egg since it was shaking a lot.[/B]

"Woah!!" He held on to the egg tightly. [/COLOR]

"That was fun." Kyo said to himself as he began to observe the others again. "Wolf meat is delicious."

He anticipated the coming meal almost forgetting to be aware. Someone had left the group. It was Nida. Kyo lokked around and calmed himself. Sean was watching the eggs. Kyo closed his eyes in order to here things better. The footfalls of mice rang through the grass. The people chatted around him.

Suddenly everything was quiet. Kyo knew that there was something wrong, only the people were making sounds. He slowly backed away from the group, no one noticed him leaving. He quickly retreated into the tall grass. Slight sounds of people stalking the group reached his ears. He had managed to get just behind them, before they closed their ring. He backed up some more, careful to avoid running into any of the bandits.

"Shoot." Kyo thought to himself. "I can't warn the group because the bandits will know that I am here. I'll lose the advantage of surprise. I should have known. Wolves are attracted to things that they see as dead or near death. These bandits were around here all along."

Kyo quietly unsheathed his sword and began to stalk the bandits himself, planning to eliminate them one by one.

"I hope someone in the group is alert." Kyo said as he continued his selfappointed mission. "I know. I'll pretend to be one of them and make a sound. That should be enough to warn the others. Let's just hope that they can't see well in the dark."

Kyo swiftly advanced, appearing among the ranks of the bandits. He dispatched one of their many comrads with a swift blow to the throat. He replaced that person, mimicking the movements of the other bandits. He pretended to trip in a hole and fell forward, making a loud thump as he landed. The bandits stopped in their tracks.

I'll leave it to others to decide what happens next. If you don't like this part then just ask me to change it. :animeswea :animesmil

Laqara watched Nida leave, then looked at herself yet again. She could see herself clearly, color and all, even durring night. As she stared at her arm, she realized that it wasn't any kind of night vision. Her arm semed to be glowing. By now, she wasn't surprised by the realization that the glow had the appearance of underwater light. However, she was a bit confused by how non-illuminating the glow was. She could see herself, but the glow did not actually seem to give off light. She couldn't use her glow to help her see anything else.

She looked up, and was startled by what she saw. It was nowhere near as bright as hers, but the air had that same kind of non-glowing glow to it. It was very faint, but it was there. It didn't take her too long to figure out what she was really seeing. There was no glow; she was simply seeing something she hadn't been able to see before. It wasn't the air she was seeing, but the water in the air. She was seeing the evaporated water.

Laqara looked around at the others. She could see it in them, too. Much fainter than hers, but not nearly as faint as that from the water in the air. It was something she would be able to see in, if not all, then very nearly all life. She would see the water in that life as she was seeing the water within her companions, as she was seeing the water in the air. And as she was seeing herself. But she saw herself very brightly, more than anything else she'd seen since she first percieved the glow. This meant that she had more water. She supposed this shouldn't have surprised her; everything after the change had been related to water, so it would seem obvious that her new body was more of water. And it was, but it was also supposed to be impossible. Then again, so was the rest of the change, so what was one more supposed impossibility?

She looked up, noting the glow in the air. [i]I have become more of water. I am no longer human; I am closer to the elemental beings of legend. This water-sight ability just prooves that I have powers of water, just like the water elementals from those legends. I can see the water now. The next step is learning to use it. The only problem is that I have no idea how.[/i]

Kyo was on the ground and the bandits had stopped. The group hadnt heard the noise kyo had made but someone else did. Nida had heard it and snuck in. She had her scythe in hand and came up behind one of the startled bandits. She swung it hard and clearly decapitated the bandit before he had a moment to react. She got next to Kyo and helped him to his feet.

Nida smiled sweetly at him, "I hope you didnt expect me to do all the work." She whispered.

in moments the bandits had figured out what had happend. Kyo and Nida were now standing tall and slashing away. The bandits were harder to kill when they were aware of your existance. They could defend and strike just as easily as they could.

Katelyn and Azalea finally heard a bandit groan as Nida's scythe slammed into his gut and they leapt up to help. This was a small group so they eliminated them actually quite quickley. Nida however wasnt happy.

"Whats wrong?" Kyo asks her.

"That group wasnt big enough... That was jsut a scouting party. There will soon be others wonderign where their scouts are. They will find us here if we dont move now. I found a better place just down a hill over by some trees. Better cover. Bandits may seem brainless but some are very intelegent. We better move."

After a few moments the group was under some trees and they had a small fire to cook the wolf meat. Nida was sitting on a tree branch watching for any more movement in the grass. Suddenly kyo was up in the branches next to her.

Kyo looked at her questioningly, "How do you know so much about bandits?"

Nida grinned at him, "Lets just say I have some bandit in me. Dont worry im not gonna kill, steal, or mess with anyone. My..." Nida suddenly looked sad.

"What is it?" Kyo asked.

"Oh uh. My mother was actually a bandit. A very wounded one my dad found in his travles. They fell in love, moved into the village, got their eggs and went out on a journey like this but she... died on her journey. I know about bandits and their behavior because my mom was one and I sometimes think like that. I got it all from my mother..." Talking about her mother got Nida some what depressed.

Laqara was only half-listening to Nida. She heard what Nida had said, but she was faceing away from the group. She had finished her food and was now concentrating on the next step in learning her new form and abilities.

[i]I could feel the water when I had first changed,[/i] Laqara thought. [i]That's why the air felt wetter. I was noticeing the water more than before the change. I'm able to see it, too. Now, I have to learn how to use it.[/i]

Laqara concentrated on a small amount of the evaporated water she could see in the air. It took her several tries, but eventually she was able to see the water condense into liquid. It was a very small abount, but it was a very good start. She tried it a couple more times, then took the next step. She condensed a small amount of evaporated water into liquid, then attempted to spread it out again, returning it to the air. She was successful on her second attempt.

None of the others could see what she was doing, as the amounts of water she was working with were too small to be easily noticed. She gradually increased the amount of water she was manipulating, but it never got too large, and was never noticed by any of the others.

Eventually, Laqara stopped her practice of her newfound water-manipulation ability. Between the events of the day, the amount of time she'd been awake for, and her practice manipulating the water, she was feeling exhausted. "I need some rest," she said to the others. "Wake me if anything happens." With that, she picked a spot, lay down, and was out like a light.

ooc: After my post could you people please have your eggs hatch (those of you who havent anyways) Because i didnt expect you guys to leave the eggs... eggs for so long.

----------------------------

Nida sat silently in the tree now and Kyo was just as silent untill sean made a noise.

"Dude... Nida get down here..."

With a graceful and quick leap she was on the ground next to him. "What is it?" She asked.

"Your egg is driving me nuts. First its wobbling now its got spikes sticking out of it."

Nida looked carefully at the egg and smiled brightly, "Thats cause my egg is hatching! Hand it over."

"Gladly..." Sean gave her the spikey wobbleing egg and she stared at it.

Its cracks became bigger and the small spikes came out more. Suddenly the entire shell exploded into tiny peices that went everywhere then dissapered. Sitting in her arms was a little dragon. He had four spikes on his back. Two on each side. He had small horns on his head and one on his nose. He had furry ankles and spines on his tail. He was green and his eyes were bright and cheerful.

"Shhrrrrrrr" It growled as it looked up at Nida.

Nida smiled, "Hello Zash."

------
ooc: Now once the night is over with and the eggs are hatched i plan on having the large bandit group attack. Please people dont give up on this just because things slowed down over the night time part of the rpg.

OOC: Was my character sleeping or eating? I forgot so I'll just say he was eating.

IC: Ryan got finished eating fairly fast. He was hungry cause he didn't have a lunch. He walked over to his egg and picked it up. It felt warmer and seemed to move a bit every now and then.

"Well... my eggs going to hacth soon. Thats good." Ryan said basically to himself. He then sat down idian style with his egg in his legs. "Just hurry up would you?" He said to his egg. At that it seemed to shake twice.

"Is that a yes?" He asked. It shaked once. "Umm? Once for no twice for yes?" He continued. It shaked three times. "Come on. Ok what is yes?" Ryan asked. It shaked once. "So once is yes, twice is no, and three times is shut up?" Ryan asked again to make sure. It shaked once. Then three times. "Well. See if I care for you when you hatch." Ryan stated. It shaked four times. "Is that sorry?" Ryan asked again. It shaked twice "So?" It shaked twice. "Fine?" It shaked once. "Ok. Now will you hatch for me?" It shaked once. "Now?" Twice. "Why not?" Twice. "Oh yeah! Cant speak sentences." Once.

"Dude are you having a conversation with your egg?" Nida asked.

"Umm... yes. Is that strange?" Ryan asked.

"Yes, it is. Considering you shouldn't be able to." Nida stated.

"Then ask it a yes or no question. Once means yes. Twice means no." Ryan stated.

"Umm... Do you like Ryan?" Nida asked. Twice.

"HEY! You are supposed to shake once there budy!" Ryan yelled. Twice. "Fine. Dont hatch. See what I care." Twice. "What?" Then the egg when into a fit of shakes. "Oh. You're hatching." Then his egg completly reveling a chimera.

"So... whats its name?" Nida asked.

"Uhh... Americ." Ryan said. "Now I can go to sleep. Good night everyone. Good night Americ." Ryan said as he laid down.

OOC: Yes my character just had a conversation with an egg. I know its freaky but I was bored. REALLY BORED.

Katelyn glanced at her egg, which seemed to be wobbling.

[B]"Ok, so it's wobbling,"[/B] she verified out loud, [B]"It'll hatch soon......."[/B]

She shifted into a more comfotable position and stroked her egg with her left hand, [B]"So, whaddare ya gonna be? A dragon like Nida? Or a gryphon like Azaela? Or a chimera like Ryan?"[/B] she stared at her egg more closely, [B]"Or are ya gonna be somethin' different?"[/B]

A small crack suddenly appeared in the egg, along with a couple more. Katelyn watched with amazement as a little beak started pecking out of the egg. Soon, Katelyn saw before her, a little Pheonix, licking the membrane from the egg off himself. She gently scooped up her newly hatched Pheonix and smiled.

[B]"I'm gonna call you..."[/B] Katelyn started. She then faltered, and realized she never picked out a name.

[B]"Oh sh*t! I forgot to pick out a name! Dammit!"[/B]

The Pheonix looked up at her with curiosity.

Katelyn glanced down at him, [B]"I wasn't talkin' t' you, lil' guy. I'm jus' pissed off cuz' I forgot to pick out a name..."[/B] she thought for a moment, [B]"Or did I?"[/B]

Katelyn thought for a moment and glanced back down at her Pheonix, [B]"Now...What to call you..."[/B] she said quietly. She continued to think until one name struck her, [B]"Horus..."[/B] she muttered, [B]"YEAH! I'm gonna call you Horus!"[/B]

Horus glanced up at Katelyn with a look of confusion, and then nestled in her arms, asleep.

Katelyn glanced down at Horus and smiled, [B]"Awwww.....That's so cute..."[/B]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]Sean watched the eggs and every one of them was good and calm until he saw something shake. It was his egg! He cradled it in his arms and watched intensely. It shook and rattled then it cracked and it started to break the shell open. [/B] [/COLOR]

[I]Oh boy! I wonder what it is...[/I]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]Soon it popped open! It was a dragon! [/B] [/COLOR]

[I]Wow! Oh a name! I forgot![/I]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]He thought of a quick one and name it [I]Ice[/I] because it looked like the color of its egg and skin. [/B] [/COLOR]

"So..whatcha named it?" asked Nida.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]"Ice.."[/COLOR]

"Ice? Oh."

"Ice is a good name. Its got that color after all." Nida was holding her spiney Zash and trying to keep him still was the fun part.

"It seems little Zash is uh... Hyper." Ryan said glancing at the little guy squirming in Nida's arms.

"No kidding! You saw his egg didnt you? It hadnt stopped shaking since i got it and once it hatched he still hasnt stopped moving. I can tell he will be a handful."

Suddenly the little thing made a burping noise and said , "Me no handful. Me dragon!"

Nida stared at it, "I know that but Your moving alot. If you can speak already tell me why exactly are you moving so much?"

"Ouchies" It said looking at her.

"What do you mean Ouchies?"

The little dragon wiggled even more, "You touch me. Scales hurt."

Nida put him down on the ground and suddenly he seemed calm. Nida sighed, "Just great... It gets pain when I touch it..."

Sean thought for a moment and reached out and touched Zash. Suddenly he wiggled and got away from Sean's hand. Katelyn did this too as did kyo and Ryan. Laqara was deep in though and hadnt really been paying attention. But every time someone touched him he wiggled and squirmed to get out of their reach.

Nida sighed, "So its not just me. I wonder what it is then."

Sean thought for a moment and then thought of something, "Perhaps he is allergic to humans. Some of us are part human so it still effected him. We might not want to touch him with our skin. We will have to figure something out to carry him."

Nida nodded, "Sensetive to human skin... wierd. I suggest we make a carrying bag out of one of the wolf skins."

Katelyn nodded, "I agree."

In a half hour they made a bag for zash so he could ride safely and not be bothered by human skin. Nida made some gloves out of what was left of the fur from making the bag. She had tucked some strong threads and meterials in a small bag that she always carried and in this case it came in really handy. With her new yet very strange looking gloves she was able to hold zash without him wiggleing.

He curled up in her lap and went to sleep. She carefully rubbed his scales wit hte gloves on her hands and soon you could hear he was breathing differently. He was calm and asleep.

"I will point out that we will need a guard of the creatures while they are still small. Just like what we did when they were eggs. When we need to fight someone watches them and we take turns of course." Nida said continuing to stroke Zash's back.

"Yeah I get it. We can carry them when we arent in trouble. But fights one or two of us protects the hatchlings untill they are grown."

"I beleive that will only take a few days anyways... So... Anyways im gonna get some rest." Nida picked up zash carefully and placed him next to her as she layed down.

-----
OOC: Anyone hear from drake06 lately? Isnt he the only one left with an egg to hatch? Gosh if he quit i would have appreciated it if he had told me. Note to everyone: PM me to tell me ... if your going to quit this rpg so i can move this thing along without worrying about leaving someone behind.

"It's been great so far." Kyo said as he gazed at his blood red egg. "Wolf meat and a fun fight in one day. I love life."

Kyo chewed on a blade of sweet grass. He looked up into the sky and saw the stars showing their beautiful faces. A grin crawled across his face as he sighed and continued gazing. His mind was preocuppied, replaying the events of the day. Loud sounds broke his chain of toughts.

The egg was hatching, he could see something struggling inside. He reached over to help out his hatchling but the top half of the egg popped off, a shocked baby dragon sat inside of the egg shell. It was pearl white, tiny claws protuded from its feet. It gazed silently at Kyo, trying to figure out what Kyo was.

"Come on boy." Kyo encouraged it as the dragon to a hesitant step out of its shell. "There you go buddy. I'm not going to bite. I still have a piece of wolf meat left. Do you want it?"

The little dragon hopped forward to Kyo and gobbled up the piece of meat. It gurgled and leapt onto Kyo, curling up in his lap. Kyo put his hand on top of it, absorbing the heat that the little dragon was emitting. It smelled like a fresh rose after a rain. Its skin was smooth but hard as well.

"I see that your egg hatched as well." Katelyn said over Kyo's shoulder. "What are you going to call it?"

The little dragon suddenly grasped Kyo's thumb in its maw, its tiny teeth created small puncture marks. "I'll call him Fang." Kyo grinned as he gently withdrew his finger and looked up at Katelyn.

"Nice name. It suits him." She turned around and began to walk away with her hatchling tucked in her arms.

"What are you going to call yours?" Kyo asked, afraid that he had injured her feelings by not inquiring about her hatchling.

"Horus." She said with a smile and walked away.

Laqara had fallen asleep, but the ruckus caused by the sudden hatching of the remaining eggs woke her up. Oddly, she was feeling much more refreshed than she should have been, considering how short a time she'd been asleep for. She was still tired, but she felt like she could function for a while if she had to. Maybe her new self didn't need as much rest as her human form did, or maybe it was something else. At this point, her discovery of this difference between her former self and new self didn't really shock her. She just accepted it. By now, she was used to discovering changes.

Laqara took a look at the others, and her eyes fell on Katelyn, currently very excited about her egg hatching. Laqara could tell that, despite this enthusiasm, Katelyn was still jelous of her. [i]That girl just doesn't get it,[/i] Laqara thought. [i]She really doesn't understand. She and the others have accepted the change, have accepted my... differences, and she's assuming that others would do the same. She couldn't be further from the truth. I won't be accepted. I'll be shuned, probably attacked. I could tell her this over and over, but it probably won't do any good. Maybe she'll start to understand when we reach the next town and I stay behind when they enter it. But then again, maybe not.[/i]

Laqara took another look at everyone else. Some were still going nuts over their eggs hatching, while others were getting some rest. Laqara practiced with her abilities a little more, again doing it so nobody would see. She found she was rapidly improving. It took less concentration each time, and she was becoming able to use larger amounts of water. Eventually, she called out that she was going to sleep again. She lay down again, and like before, she was out like a light.

Nida slept pretty well for a while but she didnt need much. She yawned and leaned up. She realized that the sun was about to rise. Everyones egg had hatched by now. Zash so far was the first one to speak english words. The chimera had sort of spoken but by shakes not words.

Nida sighed and looked for her scythe. She then realized something. "Great Scott!"

"What is it?" Azalea asked.

"You know your creature can talk to animals... We just killed wolves for dinner. Perhaps your friend should have tried to speak to them for clues. Though they were kind of a threat."

"True but the thought came a little late. We will try next time."

Zash was awake now as well. He walked over to some small blades of grass and started nibbleing. Nida wondered why this was and picked up a piece of cooked meat. She offered it to him but he refused. Nida ate it instead and just watched him chomp down his very own salad. Suddenly though he scammbled backwards, tripped over a pebble, and rolled into Nida's foot.

Nida had heard something and that was what scared Zash. Nida grabbed her scythe and stood quickly.

"Im fighting this fight. Everyone get ready. Who is on baby watch?"

---------
ooc: A group of 6-12 bandits are nearby searching for their scouting party. Have them attack but dont kill them all off before my next post. I want to make one of the bandits (whomever is left of course) recognise Nida. Then we will get our first clue!

The noise was coming from the tall grass. The bandits were coming from the grass, and had probably discovered their original location. Laqara looked into the grass. She could make out a number of people approaching. They were... brighter than the grass, there was more water in them than in the grass. But there was a lot of grass, and the cumilative glow of the grass made it hard to make out the approaching shapes. but what she had was better than what the others had.

"They're coming," Laqara said. "I can't make out how many. There could be anywhere from six to twelve of them."

"You can see them?" Katelyn asked, unbelieving. "Through that grass?"

"Not at all clearly, but yes. I can see them. I'll explain how later. right now, we need to deal with the bandits." Here, Laqara dropped her voice. "I'll head into the grass. I can see them, but they won't see me until I'm right in front of them. and when one does see me, he'll hesitate. He won't know what I am, so there will probably be a very brief hesitation, allowing me time to kill him.

"If any of you want to come with me, I won't stop you. I'll lead you to them, but I can't help you once the fighting starts. You'll have the same disadvantages they do. Also, there's no way we'll be able to get all of them before they make it here. Some of us need to stay here and guard the creatures, definatly more than one person. You decide who does what, but the longer I wait, the less time I'll have before they exit the grass and I lose my advantage. If you want to follow me, you'll have to come now, because I'm going now." And she didn't. Laqara moved into the grass, quickly and quietly making her way towards the approaching bandits.

"You go ahead and do that. I'll stay back and gaurd the hatchlings." Ryan said. Then, Americ, who was right next to him, crawled up his leg and stoped on his shoulder. This only slightly startled Ryan. "So. You can climb, but will you be able to when you get older?" Ryan asked.

"Mmm. Aaa. B." Americ sounded out the word. "Maybe." He continued. His voice, now, though babiesh, was deep and you could tell that it would get dark sounding.

"So. You can talk now to. Did Zash teach while I was asleep, or was I talking in my sleep?" Ryan asked as he began to pet Americ.

"U. T. Aw. K. D. N. Ur. S. L. E. P." Americ sounded out his sentence. "You talked in your sleep." Americ continued.

"Ugh-uh. So... you just like to embarres me dont you." Ryan asked Americ.

"Y. Eh. S." Americ continued to sound out his responses, "Yes."

"Right. So I'm going to have to watch out for you aren't I." Ryan asked.

"Yes." Americ replied as he began to act like a cat before it was going to lie down. His claws, as small as they were, went threw the skin but Ryan just took a deep breath and let Americ continue.

"So... who else is going to watch the pets?" Ryan asked the others.

"Hmm," Kyo thought to himself, "here they come again. There are more this time."

He had melted into the grass again, and just like last time, none of the others had noticed him leaving. He traveled quickly and silently through the tall grass, using it as a shield. He snuck behind the bandits again. His blade made a slight hissing noise as it whipped from its sheath.

He snuck up to one of the unsuspecting bandits, silently slitting his throat and lowering him to the ground. Kyo leaped around, careful to avoid making loud sounds that might alert the bandits. He was like a wraith, reaping the lives of the bandits. Three more fell before him, the others still had not noticed. Kyo's years of training was paying off.

"I can't kill them all like this. There are too many." Kyo thought as he continued bloodying his blade. "The others better be ready for a long and nasty fight. Sooner or later, these guys will know that I am here."

Kyo could hear the soft hisses that grass made when bodies were passing through them. There were so many bandits that he couldn't tell how many there were, to him they sounded like a large herd of deer. He continued his grim task, reaping more and more bandits. He had lost count of how many he had killed in the past minutes, but even those deaths didn't seem to put a dent in their numbers.

"I hope the rest of the group is ready." Kyo whispered to himself. "Because if they aren't, then we're done for."

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]"I'll watch them with you, Ryan," Sean said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]"Are they going to be okay?" Ice asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]"Of course they are. Why wouldn't they be?" [/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]"...I hope they're okay."[/COLOR]

OOC: Um, Drake? Blanko said there were 6-12 bandits.

--------------------------------------------------

As Laqara moved closer to the bandits, she noticed that she wasn't the only one doing so. With her changed vision, she could make out another sneaking toward the approaching bandits, though she couldn't tell who it was. This other reached the bandits before her. She watch the person take out a couple, then made her move.

Laqara stepped directly into the path of the approaching bandits. A pair of them stumbled into her. They were prepared for an ambush, but Laqara's appearance caught them off-guard. They didn't know what she was, and they hesitated in their shock. Laqara used this to her advantage, thusting the blade of one staff into each bandit before they could react. The other from her group managed another kill, but then the bandits were past them, and moving quickly towards the others.

Laqara took off after the bandits. She wasn't trying to conceal herself. She just wanted to get back to the others as quickly as possible. The other seemed to be doing the same. Their paths converged, and she saw that the other was Kyo. The two of them moved as quickly as possible, emerging from the grass at pretty much the same time as the bandits. Laqara ran over to join those guarding the creatures, then spun around to face the attacking bandits, several of which were heading in that direction.

Nida switched weapons real quick as she noticed the group of bandits were coming towards them. She grabbed an arrow out of the bag she carried over her shoulder and positioned it. Pulled back. Let go and sent it flying. It went into the right eye of the bandit closest to Laqara. Laqara turned quickly to see and noticed it was Nida. She smiled and turned around to go after another bandit.

Nida put her bow away and grabbed her scythe again. She leapt into the grass, "DUCK!" She yelled to Laqara and Kyo who instantly did what she said. Before the bandits could react a large sharp black blade slashed across three mens chests. Blood was everywhere but nida didnt care.

There was about seven bandits left. Nida went to the left, kyo to the right, and laqara stuck to the middle as the bandits began to spread out. Nida grabbed her scythe carefully and held it behind her. She spun quickly in a circle and the two blades (one main one at the end and on the end of the handle was a small one) slashed into a bandit. He was wounded but not done yet. Nida repositioned her hands and slammed the point of the blade into the man's belly.

"You should never creep up on those who already know your coming. Its stupid." Nida said yanking her weapon out and dodgeing a knife that was thrown. As she doged though she heard the twang of a bow string and instantly felt pain in her left arm which suddenly decided with so much pain it no longer wanted to work. The weight of her scythe was all on her right arm which was now throbbing from the strain.

She turned to see who shot the arrow at her.

"Well well well. Look what we have here." A man said lowering his bow. He was slender and tan. He had bright purple eyes and dark brown hair. To the untrained eye he was attractive but to someone who knows who and what he was he was a traitorous bastard. Nida glared right at the grinning man and yanked the arrow out of her left arm. Blood was draining down her arm.

"Jag. Why am I not surprised?"

"Nida... You look wounded. You must take better care of yourself." He said with almost completely evil grin and a fake caring tone.

"If you think the loss of use in my left arm is gonna stop me from protecting our group your wrong!" Nida said lifting the heavy scythe up and putting the handle behind her back as she held it up carefully with her right arm letting the weight lay on both her arm and press against the small of her back.

"You know thats the silliest weapon iv ever seen you wield!" Jag said with a fake laugh.

"You shouldnt talk! I stole it from you." Nida growled back.

Jag shrugged, "And I stole it from a stupid girl just like you."

Nida growled deeply and noticed none of the other bandits were coming after her while she was distracted. They all seemed to think she was this guys target and they acted as if they knew not to interfere. They instead turned on the others.

"You foul beasts leave my friends alone!" Nida yelled with rage.

Jag frowned, "Im afraid thats out of the question... You see. I got word that its your group that took out my scouting party and when I heard of a Purple Eyed girl wielding a large scythe I just knew it was you. So I decided to pay you a visit in person. Sadly this will be our last meeting for I plan to kill you and your worthless hatchling creatures."

Nida growled even louder and dispite the pain and deminished accuracy from only one arm Nida twisted and then thrust her scythe and leapt back so when it spun it didnt slam into her. It spun like a boomerang and flew at Jag. He leapt to the side and the large blade missed him. As it continued to spin he forgot about the smaller blade on the end of the handle. It slashed the edge of his right arm. It didnt cause much damage but it did lower the usefulness of the arm.

"An arm for an arm eh? To bad for you cause it didnt hit anything important. I can still use it!" He grabbed another arrow and barely showing pain. He shot another arrow at Nida but she rolled out of the way.

"You dont know what I did to that blade though." Nida grinned at him. "You should be feeling it soon."

The man looked at his arm and then noticed around his wound a small substance. "You bitch... What was that?"

"Paralysis Powder. A thin coat that sticks to metal. The small blade is coated with it and it should be working now. Now you cant use that blasted bow!"

"Neat trick. I can still use my blade though. You on the other hand cant use your bow and no longer have your scythe." Sure enough jag tried to move his right arm and couldnt, "Neat trick. Where did you learn it?"

"Secret family recipe. What... Did you forget it already?" Nida grinned.
-----
ooc: Overhear but dont interfere with nidas conversation/ battle.

7-9 bandits remain. Please people. No sneaking up and dropping bandit by bandit. They know we are there now and they arent stupid. They arent like some badits in games... they arent weak. We arent super powerful either. No one is untouchable

Laqara wasn't rushing into battle. She was staying by the creatures. Laqara knew that the odds favored somebody getting through to the creatures, so she was staying by them. As a result she wasn't actually engaged in combat when Nida was attacked by the one she called Jag.

Laqara knew how to recognise a challenge when she saw one. Nida clearly knew and had a grudge of some kind against this Jag. Laqara let her fight alone, but she did keep an eye on the battle, and was close enough to hear some of the conversation. She nearly dropped her weapons when she heard Nida say, "Secret family recipe. What, did you forget it already?"

[i]What the hell?[/i] Laqara thought. [i]Are those two [/i]related[i]? I know she said her mother was a bandit, but I didn't think she had other relatives were bandits. And she knows this Jag guy, definatly. Who the hell is he, how is he related to Nida, and why are the two of them trying to kill each other?[/i]

Laqara didn't have any more time to think, as a few bandits came in the direction of the creatures. Fortunatly, she wasn't the only one guarding them. The others picked their targets, and Laqara picked hers, a pretty mean-looking man who actually didn't seem to be a total dumb-shit. He was certainly not charging blindly in. He was cautious, moving quickly but carefully and with sword drawn. The man noticed Laqara and, like the other bandits, was startled. Unlike the other two she'd killed, however, he was too far away for her to reach before his brief moment of shock passed. "What the hell are you?" he called out to her.

"It is not important," Laqara said. "The knolwedge would do you no good, and to be honest, I'm really not quite sure myself. But it really doesn't matter right now, does it? Not when you people are trying to kill me and my group."

"I think I like you," the man replied. "Too bad we're enemies." With that, he charged at Laqara. Laqara attempted a simple sidestep and parry, but the mad had anticipated the move. His first swing was a fake, and he quickly moved into his real swing. Unfortunately for him, Laqara had two bladed staffs to his one sword. She used her second staff to block the man's swing, then took the offensive.

The man was good. Very good. Most wouldn't have lasted for more than a few seconds against Laqara with only a single weapon, but this man had some amazing dodgeing moved, and he used them. He didn't have any time to go on the attack, but he was stretching the battle out a surprising amount. Of course, he couldn't keep it up, and it wasn't long before Laqara had him disarmed and on the ground. Guessing that the man could still fight even without a weapon, she promptly brought her staff down on the man's right knee before he could get up. She didn't hit it with the blade, but she'd swung it hard, and the man's knee broke. Laqara proceeded to break the man's other knee, then smashed his right arm. She positioned one staff with the blade against his neck, and the other with the blade against his chest.

"That Jag man," Laqara said. "What can you tell me about his family?"

"I don't know anything about anyone's family but my own," the man replied, "and I don't really have one anymore. Why the hell do you care, anyways?"

"Because one of my companions said something that indicated a relation to him."

"Well, I don't know anything about it. Of course, I don't know why you'd expect me to tell you even if I did know."

Laqara pressed on the staff she was holding at the man's chest. The blade drew blood, and the man flinched. "I don't know anything," he said. "I mean it."

"I believe you," Laqara told the man. "But it's like yousaid. We're enemies. Which means that I have to kill you now." And she did, jabbing her staff's blade directly into the man's heart. She pulled the staff out of him, took a couple steps back from the dying man, and turned to watch for the next bandit.

This bandit grinned at Laqara, "Your actually a pretty little thing. So... You want to know about Jag eh? The boss's story is an interesting one."

"Tell me.." Laqara insisted.

"Fine. The deal along time ago was this. He was in training... Just a young little guy not even 4 when his mother gave birth to a baby girl. They just called her Zash for some reason. Not quite a name id expect but oh well. They trained together untill years later when the young girl was out in training. Learning nice ways to pilfer and such. Anyways suddenly the mother turns around and hs the nerve to say her daugther cant train anymore. Well the boss didnt like that one bit. Jag's mothers attitude was that of someone..."

"Human?" Laqara asked simply. [i]Wait a minute. They called her zash? Thats what Nida named her dragon! [/i]Laqara thought to herself.

"Heh. It was of someone who was betraying the teachings and the boss wasnt to happy about that you know. He instructed the 12 year old Jag to take two men, his mom and sister, and go kill them somewhere in the forest. Though he was only 12 he was quite skilled when it came to killing. Not to mention the fact that his 8 year old sister and his mother knew nothing of the plan."

"Thats not playing fair." Laqara said. Even though she was listning to the story she was ready to fight and kill this man once she heard the end of it.

"Heh. His sister thought it was just a picnic and his mother figured it was Jag's training. She had said Zash was going to have nothing to do with it and she belived it too. Though when Jag returned his sword was bloody and the other two men werent with him. The other men died when the mother started fighting back. Jag told the entire bandit camp of his success and well years passed and now hes the boss."

Nida was hearing all of this and was very angry. If someone was going to tell the story even if she couldnt prevent they better tell it right!

"Thats not true. If your gonna tell the story you better get your facts straight!" Nida shouted suddenly making jag stop. Now Jag was the one wanting to shut nida up.

"He first slipped Zash a drink that was dosed with a sleeping drug of some sort. He did the same to his mother and then hurt her badly. He did that ONLY after he killed the othet two young trainee men that were with him. He lied to you guys."

"Now nida dont be makin up such rubbish. You sound silly." Jag laughed trying to hide his nervousness.

"What was the drug made off." Nida asked quickly.

Without thinking Jag blurts out, "The Sinchester Tree's flowers. She thought it was tea."

"Heh. Got you there." Nida said grinning.

Suddenly the bandit seemed outrage. He didnt care about Laqara and seemed to be finished talking and when he suddenly acted surprised Laqara killed him. The other bandits glared at Jag.

"Whats the deal?" Jag asked nervously.

"You lied jag. You went against our boss's code. You betrayed us and the boss. We may be a bit ruthless but we have our codes and laws too! Betraying the boss like that. We may lie to others but lying to us is unforgivable. You cannot be trusted." Another bandit shouted. They rushed at jag now more clumsy. Anger sometimes had this effect on them.

"I uh... You gonna beleive this twig of a girl over me? Your boss?"

"You cant be a boss if no one trusts ya!" They yelled.

Nida was getting rather annoyed by all this. She threw her weapon like she had before, jumping out of the way so the spinning handle didnt cut her, and she watched as it hit one of the enraged bandits. Laqara picked one off and Jag had to kill one just to protect himself.

"Fellas cant we talk this through?" Jag asked slashing away with his good arm.

The bandits didnt want to hear it and kept coming but Jag was the most skilled of them all. He had trained most of them and knew their weaknesses and quickly killed all but two which had somehow dissapered.

Laqara looked into the grass and could see one. She took the bow from around nida's shoulder and an arrow. She aimed and let the arrow fly. They heard a moan of pain and then a thud. "Well that takes care of that."

Jag fell to his knees. His arm was beggining to get feeling back now and it felt as though it had gone to sleep. He sighed, "Kory got away while we were talking. He will soon tell everyone and..."

Nida gathered her stuff and walked past him. "You will have no one to follow you. No one to act all high and mighty for. You can actually go back to acting like yourself."

Laqara got closer to jag with her weapons ready.

"Leave him. Its punishment enough to know he has the entire bandit society after him. He is of no danger to us now." Nida said walking back to the camp spot with the others and the hatchlings.

Nida sat down silently by Zash who was sleeping silently. She then looked down to her wound. It didnt take long and she had it bandaged. Laqara sat next to her.

Nida smiled, "You know.Get good with yoru water skills and you can just drown all the bad guys with their own body fluid."
-----------------
ooc: This is where someone asks the lovely question "what the hell was that all about?" or "what the hell is going on here?"or "HOW do you two know each other?" (Laqara should be the one to say it but its mainly who makes ith ere first or who wants to ask it first) AND no killing jag.

"Maybe," Laqara said, "but it wouldn't be easy. It may be something I'll later be able to do without a problem, but not right now."

"What are you two talking about?" Katelyn asked.

"We're talking about me," Laqara replied. "I don't understand how, but I'm able to control water. It took me longer than it should have to figure out the significance of water in all of this, but then, this whole change thing was supposed to be something that just never happened.

"Anyways, remember how, when I woke up after changeing, the first thing I said was that the air felt wetter? I was simply more able to feel the water in the air. I'm somehow more sensitized to it. then last night, I discovered that I can see it now, too. That's how I was able to see the bandits in the grass earlier. I saw the water within their bodies. They were a bit brighter to my sight than the grass, so I could make them out. I've been working on the other stuff, the control of it. I really can't do much of anything right now, but give me some time and I'll figure out everythng I can do. Anyways, right now I think there are more important matters."

Laqara turned to face Nida. "What the hell is going on, Nida. I got a little from you and that bandit. Jag killed his mother and his sister, and fed the other bandits a bunch of bullshit. You named your dragon after Zash, but who was Zash? Or is. It sounded like Zash and her mother died, but that was never actually said. Basically, what I'm asking is: what the hell was all that about?"

"Im dead?" Zash said suddenly waking up from his sleep. He glanced around and looked all over his body trying to find a wound. "Im dead?"

Nida patted him on he head with her wolf fur glove , "No your not. This conversation is about another person named Zash."

"Oh..." With that the little dragon flopped down onto the ground and fell asleep again.

"Anyways the story was messed up from the beggining. A long time ago there was a bandit camp not to far from the forest next to Therin. The bandits never went to therin because it was well protected."

"Duh. Lived there. I know"

"Right. Anyways there was this family. Not a very happy one at that. The boss of the bandits was the husband and father. Zash and Jag were under his protection and of course had to follow his orders. Their mother one day had a change of heart and decided Zash was to no longer go through training. The boss didnt like this and like the bandit said jag went out with his mother and sister with the goal of killing them for failing to do what the boss said and for suddenly going against the rules he made."

"Ok..." Laqara said nodding.

"Anyways but Jag, thought being trained to be a heartless killer still loved his mother and sister. So he killed the two men that were with him. Mainly by making them sleepy with the picnic's tea. They thought it was just a part of the way to keep the mother and sister unaware of the plan so they took part in the picnic. Jag killed the two men and put his sister to sleep. Once his mother was almost out of it he wounded her and drug both of them to the side of a road in the forest."

"So they arent dead?"

Nida laughed, "No. Well eh... You see the mother was found by a man. Meaning Zash was found too. The man fell in love the the mother and took zash in as his own daugther. Later though the man and the mother went out to find a way to rid the land of the fog and the mother died on the trip so only zash remains."

"Back to one of my questions. Who is Zash?"

Nida sighed, "She is me."