Jump to content
OtakuBoards

RPG Twilight: Light vs Dark (M-SLV)


Frankie
 Share

Recommended Posts

OOC: Just a note: Remember... Anyone with dragons... those dragons dont have wings. They will gain the ability to fly but that is later on in the rpg. Thanks everyone who joined up and lets see how far this one can go!
---------------------

[color=darkorange]The winds were blowing harshly through the north end of the Therin Village. The mountains were to the west, the forest was to the east, deserts to the north, and plains that lead to jungles to the south. This village was in the center of almost everything. Springs in the mountain, hidden lakes in the forest and special flowers that grow in the desert and plains. This was a more secret village. Hidden among the mountains and trees. Most people that dont know it exists would never find it. Those that do know where it is keep its location secret and spend their lives there for this was a special village.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Young adults were at this very moment getting ready in their huts for a metting that would change their lives. They are about to enter the elder's (and village leader) hut to finish off thier training. Once this is done they can head out together to search for a way to stop the black fog of death from returning when people advance to far with technology. These young adults would search with partners they will have a special bond with.[/color]

[color=darkorange]Out where the village and the desert meet there was a large yet broken down building. It had been left behind when the last Death Wave had come and wiped out all life on earth. Plants, people, and animals died but the buildings and things were left behind. Most were unusable and feared but one person was more curious than scared. She snuck into the sandy stone building and looked around. Light filtered from the cracks in the roof and sand was everywhere on the floor.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]This young girl had long dark brown hair with dark purple eyes and carried a Bow on her back that was over a very long scythe weapon. She used it for protection... Any bandit near her wouldnt be leaving her in one peice... Bandits roamed this area for treaures from people who died in waves long ago... but the people in the village protected all they had with weapons and skill. This was the only village that was not afraid of coming in contact with items from the past... They beleived progress was something needed. But every time someone tried to progress to far the Death Wave would come and all would die.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Everyone was afraid and stopped progressing, afraid of what might come if they went to far. This village wanted to progress. Young adults were trained and then sent out to search for a way to stop it. None ever returned with a cure but they did come back with knowledge of the land and became protectors for the village. Those failures never stopped younger kids to dream of going out on their own one day. The young girl knew that those before her failed but she knew she had to try as well.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]She glanced around the room and smiled. Small square and rectangular things hung on the wall. They were once beautiful and abstract paintings but now almost completely blank canvas was inside the frames. The sand and years and drained the pictures of their color. The young girl dug through some sand on the floor looking for books or anything that might be interesting. She enjoyed learning what these things were.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Niiiida!" She heard someone yelling from the village. Nida rolled her eyes and stuffed a small object in a bag she had in her hand.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Pesky old Elder. I respect her but she worries to much..." Nida mummbled as she left the building half covered in sand.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Once she dusted herself off she walked up to an older man standing by a large hut. He shook his head at her, "This is not the time to be searching for trinkets. The elder is meeting the new crew today. You get your eggs today remember."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Nida again rolled her eyes, "Yes I know. Every group of searchers meets with the elder and mystical eggs appear. Always one more than people in the group. Each person picks an egg and the left behind egg protects the village when it hatches. We hatch and raise our eggs to translate and protect on our journey." Nida rammbled to the old man.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Nida... Try not to be a smart ass with the elder... You know she doesnt like it."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Grandmother never liked it... even when she was one." Nida replied.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]The man nodded, "Yes I know. But still... She is elder right now and soon she will pass on that name to me and then Ill pass it to you. But for now you need to show your elder some respect... Even if your related."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Nida nodded, "Yes pappy I understand."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Are you sure you really want to do this?" He asked his daugther with care in his eyes.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Yes pappy. Ever since you went iv wanted to go."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]He sighed, "I was in the last group to go you know and Only half of us returned. If your mother were still here she would have tied you to the trunk in the hut by now. I lost her in my journey and I do not wish to lose you too." Her father said turning his gaze to the ground.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Nida sighed sadly, "I miss her... But even that wont change my mind. Someone has to figure it out and I want to be in the group that does!"[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Her father nodded, gave her a hug, and walked away. He always got silent when he knew he had to realize she was old enough to handle herself. His silence wasnt always sadness but sometimes happiness as he realized that his daughter had grown up enough to make strong good decisions for herself. In this case he had wished he had convinced her to stay. He knew that she knew the dangers out there but he still wanted her to stay. But he knew she had to go for herself if nothing else so he always left the conversation at that point.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]Nida watched him wander into their hut where she knew he was going to sit on his cot and stare at a portrait of her mother and weep silently to himself. Every time he mentioned her he got that way. Nida sighed and walked into the large hut.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"You know nida... If you continue to go into that building it might just sink into the sands with you in it." An elderly lady said from a small chair in the corner.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"I doubt it." Nida said sitting down on the carpet in front of the village elder.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Right right. You must sit here and wait for the others to arrive... Then we shall start."[/color]

[center][color=black]----------[/color][/center]

[left]OOC: Ok... start where you want as long as its really clost to the village. pretty much end your posts in the elders hut sitting near nida on the floor. Thats where everything will start. And thanks again for joining every one.[/left]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=Navy]A female figure was seen in the forest, she was scantily clad in a dark brown outfit that showed a lot of skin, the back of her skirt was much longer than the front and was tattered with holes in in, and the same went for the long red scarf that was wrapped around her neck, covering her mouth. Her blonde hair shimmered in the light and her greyish blue eyes were thoughtful as she stroked the soft petals of the white flower she had cradled in her hands.

From afar someone would suspect that this girl was human, but if you looked carefully at her ears you would be able to tell that she is indeed an elf. But that was the only way someone could tell what race she was.

Sitting beside her were her two metal claw-like gloves the sun bounced off the shining silver brightly. A long sword was strapped to her back too. She was sitting on a stone near one of the few hidden lakes in the forest. She knew the forest incredibly well and felt connected to nature.

Azalea couldn't wait for later, she would be getting her egg and setting off on the journey with some other people of the village.

She looked up at the sun and judged it was about time to go and meet with the elder of the village. Azalea stroked the petals of the flower again and lightly tossed it toward the lake, the flower floated gently through the air and landed on the surface of the water. She put her claws back on left the forest, going back to the village.

She headed straight for the elder's hut and entered. There was only one person waiting, and that was Nida.

[b]"Hello Elder, Nida." [/b]Azalea greeted, sitting beside the other girl who was waiting.

[b]"Has no one else arrived?"

"No, we are still waiting." [/b]the elder replied.

Azalea nodded and sat quietly.
[/color]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]Deep within the forest, there was a boy sitting down, leaning against the tree trunk, reading a good book. He was almost to the end of the page until he remembered something. [/B]

[I]Oh the Elder...I forgot! [/I]

[B]The boy, Sean, mark his place in the book and rushed to the Elder's hut. He ran through the thick forest and jumped over big rocks and finally made it to the Elder's hut. Looking around he already saw some other people that had arrived as well.[/B]

"Hello, am I late?" He asked.

[B]The Elder shook his head and Sean waited for the others.[/B][/COLOR]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[COLOR=Black]Katelyn was sitting on a bench, tossing her dagger, one hand to the other, bored out of her skull.[/COLOR]

[B]"Katie-Kat!!!!!"[/B]

[COLOR=Black]Katelyn jumped up immediately, and was very pleased to hear the call of her friend. She sheathed her dagger and ran up to her and hugged her.[/COLOR]

[B]"Hey Chrissy!"[/B] [COLOR=Black]was how Katelyn greeted her,[/COLOR] [B]"How are ya?"[/B]

[B]"Good,"[/B] [COLOR=Black]Chrissy replied,[/COLOR] [B]"But my your Mom wanted me to tell you that you're late for your meeting with the Elder,"[/B]

[COLOR=Black]Katelyn released Chrissy from the hug.[/COLOR]

[B]"Oh sh*t, the shooters coming...Aw Crap.....I gotta run,"[/B]

[COLOR=Black]Katelyn broke into a run,[/COLOR] [B]"See ya later!"[/B] [COLOR=Black]she called to her friend as she ran towards the Elder's Hut.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black]Katelyn ran in, and immediately bowed her head.[/COLOR]

[B]"Sorry I'm late Elder,"[/B] [COLOR=Black]Katelyn said apoligetically,[/COLOR] [B]"I lost track of time,"[/B]

[COLOR=Black]The Elder merely nodded and pointed to a seat. Katelyn obedienly sat in it, unsheathed her dagger and started tossing it, one hand to the other.[/COLOR]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Reishi You did not sign up for this rpg. You are not a part of it. I dont mean to be rude but to be a part of this rpg you must sign up and unfortunatly now the sign ups are closed. Please delete your posts (via edit button). There will be other rpgs similar to this and I hope you find one you can enter. I also hope you learn how the rpg system works so you can enjoy rpgs more.
[center][b]--------------------------[/b][/center]

[left][color=darkorange]Nida noticed Sean and Katelyn walk in right [/color][color=darkorange]after Azalea did. Nida smiled and then looked up at the elder. The old woman was getting up their in age and looked far older than she really was. Her skin though fairly wrinkled still had an odd glow to it. She had deep purple eyes like Nida and they patiently looked from each person to the next.[/color][/left]


[left][color=#ff8c00]Nida stretched and yawned. She got bored more often that most others which is why she was always found wandering around ruins searching for something or something to do. She was getting bored already... waiting for those others to show up. [/color][/left]


[left][color=#ff8c00]Then the elder cleared her throat, [color=red]"I might as well tell you something while you wait for the others. Start thinking up different names for your companion. You will need to call them something after all."[/color] Her voice was calm. Everyone noticed for her age she still had deep dark brown hair and she seemed to have the energy of Nida.[/color][/left]


[left][color=#ff8c00]Nida shrugged, [/color][color=red]"But how will I know what to call it if I do not know what will hatch."[/color][/left]


[left][color=#ff8c00]Her grandmother blinked silently at nida, [/color][color=red]"Child... You dont need to know what it is to name it. Just like parents do not need to know the gender of their unborn child to decide names for it. Just think of a few things and once it hatches you can choose the best one."[/color][/left]


[left][color=red]"Alright Elder." [/color][color=darkorange]Nida nodded and began to think. It took her only moments and then she looked satisfied with herself.[/color][/left]

[center][size=4][color=black][b]------[/b][/color][/size][/center]
[left][size=2][color=black]OOC: Like I said Reishi . You were just a bit to late to join this rpg. So I am afraid we have to continue on with the rpg without your characters. You dont have to delete your posts if you dont want to or dont know how yet. Ill just make a reminder to the players that those two posts dont count. [/color][/size][/left]


[left][size=2][color=black]Anyways hopefully the others will post soon.[/color][/size][/left]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A tall figure was in the forest. He had brown hair that went down to his shoulders, and deep green eyes. If you looked closer, you could see that his ears are slightly pointed. He was wearing white baggy pants and a blue long sleeve shirt. Around his neck, was a necklace with a symbol attached to it. Even from a distance you could tell that he was undernurished. On his right hip was a long sheeth, and a shorter one on left.

"Well... not much else to do. I can't help but think that I am forgeting something. Umm... oh crap it! The elder!" Ryan said to himself. Not even before he finished his sentence he was already running off. His sheeth's rattled as he ran towards the village. After a while, he was just outside the hut of the Elder. He slowed down as he came in and looked around. He bowed in respect and sat down.

"Did anyone here forget about this besides me?" he asked out of curiosity.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Laqara knew she was late, but she wasn't rushing to get there. She was already late, and she was only a couple minutes away, anyways. Running wouldn't make much of a difference. She'd be there before they'd give up on her, so why bother rushing when doing so would get her there only about a minute earlier?

Laqara's attitude seemed odd to everyone else. Some didn't think she should be on the expedition, but those who knew her dissagreed. When she started something, she finished it, and she didn't do the least she could get away with. She was also a very skilled fighter, which would undoubtably help. No, she put everything she had into what she was doing; she simply didn't waste any effort on things that wouldn't make any real difference.

The others looked up as Laqara entered the hut. "Sorry I'm late," she said. "I had to deal with my parents. They really don't want me to go. Not that that's going to keep me out of the group."

Laqara looked around at the others. She didn't know why all of them were coming, but she was pretty sure they didn't share her reason. Laqara wasn't like the others; she didn't see the black fog thing as any immediate concern of hers, and she doubted that this group would have any more luck than the groups before them. Not that she'd told anyone this. If her beliefs were known, she probably wouldn't have been allowed to go along, which she did want to do. She was going for the experience, for the chance to do something different, to experience something new. It was how she worked. She liked to do things. She worked by seeing things for herself, by doing things for herself. But she said she wanted to find a solution to the problem, because otherwise she wouldn't have been allowed to go.

"Well, I made it," Laqara said as she sat down. "Am I the last one, or are we waiting on someone else?"
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[color=darkorange]Nida looked at her,[/color] [color=red]"There is Zero and Kyo but im not sure if they will actually show [/color][color=red]up."[/color]

[color=darkorange]The elder nodded,[/color] [color=red]"Yes... If they take to much longer we will have to start this without them and you might have to leave them behind. It seems harsh but if you arent prepared enough to be on time then you are not prepared enough for such a journey as this." [/color][color=darkorange]The old woman nodded to herself as if she knew everyone else understood what she had said.[/color]
[color=#ff8c00][/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Nida looked around at everyone who was in the hut and she smiled. She didnt like the stillness or the silence. [/color][color=red]"Has anyone thought of any names for what will hatch from their eggs yet?"[/color]

[center]---------[/center]

[left]OOC: We have quite a few people here already so if the two who are playing Kyo and Zero dont post within a day from now I plan to leave them behind. I asked everyone that signed up how often they got on and they both or perhaps just one of them replied to my pm and said they were on every day. (pretty much everyone who joined said that) so im not waiting forever for them.[/left]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

?Come here young man.? A sage voice resonated through the woods, reaching the sensitive ears of the shunned half elf, Kyo. ?The time has come for you to return to the people. Though they cast you out as a child, despising the fact that you were half elf and half human, you must now return. The training that I have given you must not go to waste.?

Kyo jumped down from the massive tree that he had been climbing and landed on the forest floor with barely a whisper. He sped through the woods, leaping towards the voice. He passed near one huge bear and a pack of wolves, leaving them undisturbed. He came to a break in the trees, a hut stood in the middle of the hidden field. He dashed over to it, bursting through the door with excitement.

?What took you so long?? An ancient man said as he glanced at Kyo. ?You should have been here two minutes ago.?

?Sorry master.? Kyo replied meekly. ?I had to bypass some dangerous creatures along the way.?

?That?s no excuse for being tardy.? The ancient scowled as he scolded Kyo. ?Next time be quicker. It may mean life or death. It?s time to go to the Council. Oh, I almost forgot, take this with you, you?re going to need it.? The old man handed Kyo a gleaming silver-blue blade.

?Thank you master.? Kyo said as he turned around and walked away. ?I shall miss you greatly. I?ll visit you when I can.?

Kyo left the hut, vanishing into the woods, heading towards the village which laid 4 miles away. ?I should be there in 16 minutes.? He flitted through the woods, like a ghost who knew no bounds.

?The truth is,? the Kyo?s master said quietly to himself, ?I may not be here when you return. I wish you luck Kyo, for the sake of mankind.?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katelyn resheathed her dagger, glanced up at the Elder and nodded, [B]"I have a couple o' names,"[/B] she said.

She glanced at the others, [B][I]'Please tell me I'm not the only one...'[/I][/B] she told herself as she noticed the others saying silent.

Feeling bored again, Katelyn decided to strike up a conversation, [B]"So,"[/B] she said, [B]"What kinda creature do ya think y'all are gonna get?"[/B]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Im moving ahead with this...

[center][size=4][b]-----[/b][/size][/center]
[center][/center]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange]The elder laughed and everyone looked up at her. [color=red]"When Kyo walks in you will find out." [/color][color=darkorange]And just as soon as she had said that a boy walked in and looked around nervously[/color][/color][/size][size=2][color=darkorange][color=darkorange].[/color][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange][color=darkorange][/color][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange][color=darkorange]This apparently was Kyo.[/color][/color][/size][/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]He sat down next to Nida and sat silently.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00] The elder stood up and grabbed a staff that was leaning against the wall. She began to shake it and everyone heard a rattle. Apparently the orb at the top of the staff was hallow and something was inside.[/color][/size][/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]She shook it over everyone's head and then put it down against the wall again.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00] She nodded and sat down. Suddenly a bunch of oval shapes appeared on the floor around the elder. They circled her and she rocked in her chair a few moments.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A black egg with orange spots (blanko)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A sky blue egg with blue lightning stripes (Who am I?)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A dark rainbow egg (phayt)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A dark blue egg with grey swirls (kaimara)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A navy blue egg with silver stars (sakura)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A fire egg (alchemist 2120 but not now cause he hasnt posted)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A blood red egg (Drake06)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]A blue egg with yellow spots (takuya)[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]All those appeared before her and she raised her hand, [color=red]"Who will chose first?"[/color][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff0000][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff0000]"I chose to chose last." [color=darkorange]Nida said instantly.[/color][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Sean moved closer to an egg and picked it up. It was the sky blue egg with blue lighthing stripes. He nodded, "Ill take this one."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Ryan was next. He picked up the dark rainbow egg. "I like this one."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Katelyn took the dark blue egg with grey swirls and smiled, "Its neat looking."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Azalea took the navy blue egg with silver stars, "This one."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Kyo silently picked up the blood red egg and held it gently.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Laqara reached for the blue egg with yellow spots but it instantly exploded into a bunch of tiny little dots of light. The light entered Laqara's body and then everything was back to normal for the moment.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Everyone stared at the elder for answers to this strange event but the elder just smiled and said, [color=red]"There are many reasons for things to happen and Laqara has her reasons for coming along on this journey. They might be different but I do not decide what happens with the eggs. It is a mystery. I beleive someone with great power had something to do with this... Do not question laqara about it for by the look on her face im sure she doesnt know why it happend either."[/color][/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff0000][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=darkorange]Nida nodded and looked at the last two eggs. A fire like egg and a black egg with orange spots. She took the black one and held it carefully in her arms.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=red]"This last egg will stay here. If someone else shows up late he might still be able to get it. But only if he arrives sometime today. He will catch up. If not this egg will hatch and protect the village while you are away. If he arrives ill do the staff thing over his head and another egg will appear and he can choose but if not then i..." [color=#ff8c00]The elder stopped her rambblings, [/color][color=red]"I seem to be repeating what I am saying again. Well... the eggs wont hatch for a few hours or might not even hatch till tomorrow but keep them warm and safe. Now away with you... An elder needs her rest!"[/color][/color][/size][/left]
[left][/left]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange][color=#000000][/color][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=darkorange]Nida silently stood with her egg and looked around the room. She went outside the hut and looked around. The wind had kicked alot of sand into the village but it always ended up back in the desert one way or another. The others followed her outside. Nida's father stood before them.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=red]"Nice collection of eggs this year I see. Well... This journey might be long and might be short. Who knows. Anyways please remember to stick together when times get rough and protect each other."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff0000][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=darkorange]Nida nodded and then smiled, "What partner did you have pappy?"[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]He looked around nervously and laughed funny, "I eh... Heheh... My partner was a Pixie." He laughed, "Your mother had a dryad."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Nida nodded, "Heh... Interesting." She looked to everyone and adjusted the scythe on her back. "Everyone ready to go?"[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Some nodded and nothers plainly said yes.[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]"Ok... Where do you think we should go first pappy?"[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][/color][/size] [/left]

[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Her father looked around, "I suggest something easy for the first few days so go south towards the jungles. The plains are pretty calm so your eggs wont get to cold or to hot and you wont have to do alot of climbing."[/color][/size][/left]
[left][/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00][color=#000000][/color][/color][/size] [/left]
[left][size=2][color=#ff8c00]Nida smiled and looked at everyone, "What do you guys think?"[/color][/size][/left]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Nida smiled and looked at everyone, "What do you guys think?"

[B]Sean looked at her. He began to think. He looked at his egg and then back at her, then thought of it some more.[/B]

"Uhh...I think it's a good idea," he said and then someone else spoke after him. [/COLOR]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, any direction's as good as any right now," Laqara said. "I mean, we really have no clue where to go, but going somewhere is bette than going nowhere. What we need to do is find someone who can give us some more information. We don't really know shit, and it's clear that nobody in this villiage knows any more than we do. If they did, they'd have told us by now. So we're just going to have to search randomly until we can get some information. And if that's the easiest direction, then why not? I say we go."

The group seemed to be in agreement, so they started off. There was a lot of conversation, much of it about the eggs. There was specution about what would hatch, and when, and some discussion of names. Laqara took part in no conversations. She was contemplating her own... event, the, well, apsorption of her egg into her body.

[i]Why did the egg I chose do that?[/i] she thought. [i]Everyone else's eggs seem like what they're supposed to be. Why was mine different? And what did the Elder mean by her comment on my reasons for coming? I've given no indication to anyone that my reasons are anything unusual. And why would that even matter?[/i]

She held her arm up in front of her face. [i]Is something going to happen to me? The others have eggs that will hatch. But the egg I chose is... if it still exists, it's inside me. What happens to me when the time of hatching comes? Well, it seems the Elder's right about one thing, wether she knows it or not. After all, whatever happens is bound to be an experience.[/i]

-------------------------------------------

OOC: Hope you don't mind me having started the group moving, Blanko (I thought you'd be all right with it. After all, I seem to recall you complaining in your last RPG that everyone was waiting on you for everything.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Indeed... I left it open for someone to be bold enough to take control for a few moments and move us alone. I dont like it when everyone looks to the creator and leader for a point in the right direction. I dont want this to be like one person tells the others how to post. I picture htis like a story we as a group are writing. Anyways on with the show.
------

Nida had been walking for a while and noticed that laqara wasnt saying anything. She hadnt said any names for her egg creature, no ideas what it was either... But then nida remembered her egg did something different. Perhaps laqara had some mythological creature that needed a host or liked to posses others. Nida didnt want one person to feel out of the group so she got closer to laqara and shifted her eggs weight a bit as she noticed it was moving.

"What do you think it is?"

"What do you mean?" laqara asked emotionlessly.

"Your egg. Just because it went in you doesnt mean it wont hatch. Perhaps its related to the dryad. They are tree spirits who bond with trees and their life force is with the tree... If the tree dies so does the dryad. Perhaps its something that must be connected to your heart to live. Or its a possesion kind of creature. Furies do that." Nida went on.

"How do you know all of this?" Laqara was curious but wasnt sure if she really cared or not.

"Oh I read some books about explorers before us. Also my father has alot of info about creatures. His group had 14 people in it and each of them had a different creature."

"How is a pixie dangerous then?"

Nida laughed that this. Her father had a pixie of all things, "They cannot be seen by humans. Only humans that really beleive in the fey will see them. Though uh.. thats not why they are dangerous. Pixies are very eh... Their attention span is shorter than a blink it seems but they like to play pranks galore. Dads pixie whos name was Raysifa stole things and played tricks on people. Their pranks can be dangerous at times depending on the place and situation."

Laqara nodded and they all kept walking.

Nida finally realized laqara wanted to think on her own so nida wandered inbetween ryan kyo and sean. She kept moving her egg around.

"Whats with your egg?" Ryan asks.

"Uh... It keeps wiggleing thats all. Its hard to carry something thats vigerously shaking and try to balance my weapons so they dont hit someone in the head while im walking. Wouldnt be a nice day with a scythe sticking out of your head."

"Why a scythe may I ask?" Kyo asked.

Nida smiled, "I like my bow for long distance and most like swords for close range combat. I like being close and all but i get a little more distance between me and the bad guy with this weapon. Plus it was my mothers."

Sean nodded, "Makes sense. Why be so close when you can chop their bloddy heads off from a few feet away just the same."

Nida laughed and nodded, "Yeah."

She became silent for a while. They all walked along in silence for a while. The grass was knee deep and it got taller farther on. Most animals were wild but the village had gathered some horses and cows. Horses for transport cows for butter milk cheese and meat. Some sheep were also kept for meat and clothes. These animals would graze on the grass near the vilalge but didnt wander to far. The grass got taller as they walked.

Nida smelled the air. It smelled so fresh and clean. She could see the tops of trees miles and miles across the flat plains. They were headed there first but they didnt seem in to much of a hurry.

------
ooc: By the way...

Dragons can talk to only reptile and amphibian creatures
pheonix talks to birds only
gryphon talks to mammals
mixed creatures (chimera) talks to only everything else like fish insects and so on.
So our creatures dont talk to every type of animal... only a type some what similar to theirs.

Also... we can keep heading towards the jungle , start conversations, AND uh eggs can start hatching now so if you want yours to hatch remember it will only be the size of a basketball for starters. a few days from the hatching they will be full size.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[color=Navy]Azalea held the egg carefully in her hands so that her claws wouldn't break the shell by accident. It swayed gently in her grip. They were still walking across the plains, the grass was long and tickled her uncovered legs. She looked across the plains to where the forest was visible, she couldn't wait to get back to the forest, she wanted to take a break at her favourite hidden lake again.

Azalea tripped over something hidden in the grass and the egg fell from her grip. A cry came from her mouth as she tried to catch it. The egg hit the grass and rolled slightly. Azalea got up and ran to the egg. She picked it up to check if it had been damaged, lucky for her, it seemed the egg was in fine condition.

That was until the egg started to rock wildly in her grip. Azalea held onto it tightly and there was a cracking sound heard. She could hear some noises like something calling too. Then the shell cracked visibly and it split.

Azalea released the navy blue and star speckled egg shells and inspected the creature that sat in her palms. It was small, about the size of a basketball and it had wings which covered it so Azalea couldn't tell. She lightly put a bit of pressure on the wings, and they opened.

The creature turned out to be a gryphon, the top half resembled an eagle except for its ears, talons and feathers were a bit different. The bottom half resembled a lion, with the body, longer and fluffier tail and the legs and haunches. The wings were pretty, they were practically divided into three sections, the top was white, the middle was green, and the bottom was blue.

Azalea saw that it was a male and gave it the name she had chosen for a male earlier.

[b]"Zandell." [/b]Azalea said aloud.

The gryphon crowed quietly and whistled, snuggling itself into her arms. Azalea smiled and stroked its head softly as the group continued on. No one knew whose egg would hatch next.

[b][color=Black]OOC: [/color][/b][color=Black]Short on ideas, just posted the egg hatching.[/color]
[/color]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryan just walked along in silence mostly. He felt kinda strange. Being the one of the only half-breeds. His egg didn't seem to move much, and Ryan mostly just staired at it. Every now and then he would look up just in case something was in his way.

[i]"Names... umm... Drake? No... I know I will just take what it is and spell it backwards. That works." [/i]Ryan thought to himself. [i]"And it can have my necklace. Besides my tattoo is basically the same thing."[/i]

"Hey, Kyo? I need to ask you a question. Does being a half-breed ever get to you?" Phayt asked Kyo as he got closer to him so the otheres wouldn't hear. (OOC: If thats possible.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[i]Azalea first,[/i] Laqara thought. [i]The first hatching. Well, I guess I'll find out what's going to happen soon enough.[/i]

It happened without warning. Laqara was walking, then she wasn't. She lost her balance and fell. When everyone else looked back at her, they saw a blueish-green light covering Laqara's body. Laqara didn't see this, as she had blacked out. After about a minute, te light dissapeared. The form they saw did not look like Laqara or any human.

It was a couple minutes before Laqara came to. When she did, the first thing she noticed was the moisture. The air felt much wetter than before. It was only after that that she noticed she was stil alive. [i]Odd. I could have died, and the first thing I notice when I wake up is the moisture.[/i]

The difference she felt in the air became even more evident when she stood up. "Is it just me, or did the moisture suddenly double?" she asked. It was intended as a retorical question, but it wasn't taken as one.

"Um.... I think it's you," Nida said.

That was when Laqara noticed that everyone was staring at her. And not the 'are you all right?' stare that she expected. No, they were giving her the 'what the hell?' stare. She remembered what Nida had said earlier, about creatures that might need to bond with her body. She was certain that whatever had happened, it wasn't that. She was still herself, and there was certainly no other presence. But maybe Nida was on the right track.

Laqara held her arm in front of her face, not knowing what she'd see. her arm had become a blue-green color, like that of water. She could see i bit of what appeared to be clothing of some kind, but it didn't look like anything a human would make. "Is... is there a place where I can see myself?" she asked. Then, "No, I already know. There's a stream near here. Maybe I can get a reflection of myself."

She walked to the stream and stood at the side, looking down at the water. She managed to get a decent image of herself. Her form was still human, but not her appearance. Her skin was a kind of blue-green color, the color of water. Her hair was a similar color, but more green than blue, and her eyes were the same color.

Laqara returned to the group. "What happened to me?"

"I don't know," Nida said.

Laqara did her best to remain calm. "Well, no use standing around here. Let's not waste time. We need to keep moving."

the group started walking again, not sure about what was going on with Laqara. Laqara herself was lost in thought, and would be for a while. After all, it was very possible that she was no longer human.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katelyn glanced over at Laqara, and walked over to her.

[B]"Woah, Kick-ass! You look difference now, eh?"[/B] Katelyn exclaimed. She noticed that Laqara was in deep thought, and decided to leave her be.

Katelyn walked back to the others, grinning, [B]"Damn!"[/B] she exclaimed, [B]"Laqara's SO lucky!"[/B]

[B]"How so?"[/B] Nida asked.

[B]"Cuz' her lil' egg hatchlin' dude bonded with her![/B]" Katelyn explained enthusiastically, [B]"She prob'ly has like twice the abilities she had before!"[/B]

Sean shrugged, [B]"Maybe,"[/B]

Katelyn grinned, [B]"Yer probab'ly right, Sean, but I can't help but imagine,"[/B]

[B]"You have a point,"[/B] Azaela said, [B]"You have the right to imagine,"[/B]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Laqara couldn't help overhearing the conversation, and she went over to Kateyln "Let me ask you something," she said. "What effects do you think this... bonding or whatever it was had on me?"

"Several things," Katelyn replied. "You look really cool, for one thing. And you've probably got some really awesome abilities. I wish my egg had done that!"

"You're forgetting something," Laqara told her. "Yes, I look different, and may very well have abilities of some sort, though I am currently not aware of any. But you forgot the major downside, the reason I'd gladly trade our positions if I could."

That one seemed to shock Katelyn. "You mean you don't like what happened? What could possibly be bad enough to make you want to go back to normal?"

"Let me put it this way, Katelyn. How would you feel if you were changed like me?"

"I think it would be awesome!" Katelyn replied enthusiastically.

"Awesome," Laqara repeated. "Now, what if, because of the change, you had to isolate yourself from everybody but the few of us in this group, who saw the change?"

"I... I don't understand."

"That's quite obvious," Laqara replied. "I'm shocked that it hasn't hit you, but it's clear it hasn't, so I'll tell you. We have two half-elves in our group, Ryan and Kyo They're only minorly different from humans, yet they've been hated for those differences. The elves, too, shun half-elves. Just minor differences, yet they frequently lead to banishment.

"Look at them, then look at me. I don't know what I am right now, but it's clear I'm different from just about everyone else. What do you think will happen if I enter a town or village now? I wouldn't get a friendly recepton, that's for sure. Oh, there would be curiosity at first. None of them will have ever seen anything like me. But after the curiosity would come fear and hatred. People would do things to me. It'd be worse for me than for the half-elves. At least for them, there are other half-elves, and most towns have a couple living nearby. While half-elves may be shuned, at least the people know what they are. If I entered a town, the people wouldn't know what to think. Some would choose to ignore me. One or two might actually act friendly towards me. Others would try to take advantage of me, or steal from me. Men would undoubtably approach me with... less than plesent intentions. If I was incredibly lucky, I wouldn't have to kill anyone."

Katelyn was shocked. "Do... do you really think it would be that bad?"

"I'm probably exaggerating a bit, but not by much, I don't think. Regardless, I really can't enter any village or town looking like this. I'm pretty damn cut off from the world now. Think about that for a while, then see if you still want to be like me.' And with that, Laqara moved away from Katelyn, once more lost in thought.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"No." Kyo replied to Ryan's question. "I see myself as a person, no different from others. It doesn't bother me when people seem to talk behind my back. Only when others try to physically harm me do I get angry. I am not bothered by the fact that I am a half breed."

"Oh." Ryan lapsed into silence and began to drift away.

"People," Kyo thought to himself, "are strange. This is the first time that I've communicated with any other people besides my master since I can remember. They talk so much. Although, I don't really mind it."

Kyo continued to walk along, following the rest of the group. His eyes scanned the surrounding area. He studied every single one of the other people. Each was different from the other. He looked down at his small egg.

"I wonder what you'll be my friend." He whispered to his blood red egg. "I hope that you are a dragon. I can't wait until you hatch. I want to show you to master."

Kyo smiled to himself, thinking of the coming journey. The others continued talking, some glanced back at Kyo, wondering what he was smiling about.

"Maybe," he thought to himself, "I'll find out what friends are."

The wind whipped his hair around as he drifted behind the other people.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katelyn continued walking, silently, trying to conprehend what Laqara explained.

[B][I]'Damn! I still don't get it!'[/I][/B] she exclaimed to herself.

She occasionally glanced behind her to see Ryan and Kyo.

[B][I]'They're just like humans,'[/I][/B] she thought, [B][I]'Well, 'cept for the pointy-ear thing...But that's all that seperates us...Isn't it?'[/I][/B]

Being bored, again, Katelyn walked over to Ryan and Kyo.

[B]"Yo,"[/B] she greeted the two, [B]"Wassup?"[/B]

Ryan shrugged, [B]"Nothing much,"[/B] he said simply.

Kyo didn't answer, so Katelyn waved her hand infront of his face.

[B]"Kyo,"[/B] she called, [B]"Earth to Kyo..."[/B]

She gently knocked on the half-elf's head, [B]"Anybody in there?"[/B] she joked, [B]"Hello?"[/B]

Kyo glanced at Katelyn, [B]"Sorry,"[/B] he said, [B]"I was just thinking about something,"[/B]

[B]"Like what?"[/B] Katelyn asked.

Kyo shook his head, [B]"Nothing interesting,"[/B]

Katelyn cocked an eyebrow, [B]"Uh-huh..."[/B] then she shrugged, [B]"Oh well. Anyhow, what kinda creature do ya think yer gonna get?"[/B]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"What do you think you will get?" Nida heard katelyn say.

"Dragon or perhaps a harpy." Nida said.

Nida had been watching the sky for quite a while now. She didnt realize what time it was when they left the elders hut but it was growing dark already. They were out in the open and it was getting dark.

"You guys... I suggest we stop for the night. The plains may be calm during the day but at night its not the same. Plus we do need our rest. The creatures in the eggs can still feel us walking around outside their shells. We carry them and they feel us walking... They could use rest too."

There was a silence for a moment and everyone realized she was right. The only one not worried about their egg was Azalea whos egg had already hatched. She now just carried her sleepy friend in her arms. And laqara who no longer had an egg. They all seemed to nod and nida sat down. Nida sat her egg in the soft grass and watched it wobbled around energeticly.

"What ever is in that thing sure wants out." Ryan said sitting down next to Nida.

"Energy bug..." Nida says as everyone sits down. Everyones heads were below the highest point of the grass so if someone were to look around even twenty feet from them they would see nothing but endless grass.

"Well why is this place dangerous at night?" Azalea asked.

"Deer and other creatures graze out here at night. Some on the grass, some on the bugs, and some on the bugs and deer. Mosto f all though bandits and outlaws hunt here at night. Iv wandered out here before and heard hunting parties. Bandits will kill and take anything they want and leave whats left. We are no different than the deer to them. Valuables, weapons, clothes, and for some of us," Nida looked at all the girls, "A bit of fun."

"Blech... Just wrong. Thanks for putting that image in my head nida." Katelyn said shaking herh ead.

"Unfortunatly its true. We are just toys to them. They would use us then dispose of us. Thought we do have weapons but some of the parties have quite a few people. We could be outnumbered."

azalea sighed, "Enought... Your depressing me."

Laqara cleared her throat, "Then we should take turns keeping watch."

Kyo nodded, "And we need to take turns of guarding the eggs and hatchlings. We could fight holding them but it would be easier without hodling them under one arm."

Nida nodded, "No kidding. My scythe is a two handed weapon and so is my bow. I cant hold a wobbling egg and a scythe at the same tiem. So who volenteers."

Everythign was silent for a moment.

Laqara again nodded and cleared her throat, "I call first watch then."

Nida nodded, "Ill take it after you. We should switch off every two or three hours so we all can get some rest."

Laqara agreed, "Now what about your eggs?"

Nida raised her hand, "Ill take first watch on the eggs. Everyone else can rest for a while even if they cant get to sleep. Thank goodness even at night its never to cold here."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Laqara sat down and watched as the others placed their eggs by Nida, then lay down to sleep. As she had done several times before, she raised her arm and looked at it. In the darkness of night, she souldn't have been able to make out the color, but she was. It wasn't as vivid in the daylight, and other colors couldn't be made out in the darkness, but she could clearly see herself, see her own colors. It was then, as she stared at her arm in the dark, that it hit her. She had noticed the new color of her skin earlier, but she hadn't understood the significance until now. "Water."

Nida looked up. "Water?"

Laqara walked over to Nida, sitting by the eggs, and sat down next to her. "Water," she said to Nida, softly enough that it would not disturb the others. "Whatever happened to me, whatever I am now, it has something to do with water."

"Are you sure? How do you know?"

"It's the one thing that keeps coming up," Laqara explained. "Ever since I changed. Think about it. When I came to after whatever happened had happened and changed me, the fact that I was still alive was the second thing I noticed. The first was the water in the air. The moisture. The air felt wetter. Then there was the stream I used to get a view of myself. I didn't know it was there. then, after I'd changed, I somehow did know. It's because a stream is water. I felt the water in the stream. And in the air. The air seems wetter now, but that's only because I can sense it now. My skin is even the color of water. Water is the only thing I can think of that fits. I- what was that?"

"What was what?" Nida asked.

"I thought I heard something," Laqara told her. They were both silent for a few seconds, then they both heard a noise.

"I heard that one," Nida said, her scythe in her hands. "What do you think it is?"

"I don't know," Laqara replied as she readied her bladed staffs. "It could be a dangerous animal, or it could be a harmless animal."

"Or it could be some bandits," Nida finished for her. "What do we do?"

"We have to assume that whatever it is means us harm. Which means we wake up the others and prepare for battle. It may be a harmless animal, but we can't afford to take that chance."

--------------------------------------------------

OOC: I'll let someone else decide what's out there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nida nodded in agreement and lightly shook kyo, ryan, azalea and katelyn. She couldnt reach the silent sean but figured it was fine.

"What is it?" They all asked quietly.

Again some noise was heard.

"Understood." Kyo realized why he was woken.

Nida nodded, "You must be prepared to fight. It might be harmless or dangerous or ruthless bandits... I cannot fight away from this spot. Im protecting the eggs so I had to wake you guys."

Katelyn nodded, "I understand completely. You just protect our little friends and we can protect the surrounding area... whatever it is."

-----------
OOC: I too am leaving it open for someone else to chose what it is. Perhaps we can have dinner? Or perhaps its just something kind... or perhaps something human... Itll be up to who ever posts next. But uh... if you choose bandits make it a small group. I have plans for a large group later. As for animals whatever you like. Heck you could slay something make a fire and have dinner. Be creative jsut not to creative (for example: no cerberus attacking us lol think bear or something like that not something three headed or mythical)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Katelyn eagerly drew her sword and started tiptoe-ing through the grass, so she wouldn't scare away the "creature" that was making all that noise.
She glanced behind her and saw that the other's were following close behind.

[B]"Why are we tiptoe-ing?"[/B]" Ryan asked.

[B]"It's so we won't scare away whatever's making all that noise,"[/B] Kyo explained, [B]"Right?"[/B]

Katelyn grinned, [B]"Hell you know it!"[/B]

Azaela saw something move to the right of her. She glanced in that direction, and motioned for others to do the same, [B]"Look,"[/B] she instructed.

The creature, that was making all that noise, was really three wolves, howling.

[B]"Sweet! Kick-ass!"[/B] Katelyn exclaimed, [B]"This is so cool!"[/B]

[B]"How about we just leave them alone?"[/B] Azaela suggested, [B]"They aren't doing us any harm..."[/B]

[B]"They could later,"[/B] Kyo stated, [B]"Let's just get rid of them now, so we won't have to deal with them later,"[/B]

Katelyn nodded, [B]"Kyo's right. 'Cides, none of us have eaten yet anyhow...sooo..."[/B] she then grinned, [B]"Who's up fer Wolf Meat?"[/B]

Ryan drew his weapon, [B]"Let's get this over with,"[/B]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ooc: ok, so it's like, wolves 'n crap ^_^ yay
I hope no one minded that i chose ze animal thingie...lol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...