OtakuBoards

Princess TuTu

Limeaide

[COLOR=Lime][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Well, since I haven't been able to find an existing [i][b]Princess TuTu[/b][/i] thread, I've deicided to make one myself. I bought the first DVD a while, and I think it's very interesting. (so far.) Who knows, it could also become one of my favorties. ^^
Here's a summary of it:[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='the Anime News Network']Her magic is unexplainable and spinning out of control. Darkness hid the pieces of her beloved?s shattered heart and time?s running out for Princess Tutu to find them. Using the power of an enchanted amulet, she must uncover the mystery and keep herself and the Prince alive.[/quote]

[COLOR=Lime][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]And [URL=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1267]here's[/URL] the ANN page of it, if you need more info. Well, do you love it? Hate it? Want to see it? Here's the place to post about it! ^_^

( Oh, and if there is a already existing thread of it that I couldn't find, please delete this one. Thanks. ^^;; )[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've heard a lot of great things about Princess Tutu, and I also enjoyed the first DVD. It has an interesting premise that leaves room for darker developments as well as the usual magical girl silliness. Some of the early episodes were a little too weird even for me (and my favorite series is Revolutionary Girl Utena, so from my perspective weirdness isn't normally a negative factor), but I'm still looking forward to seeing the rest.

I hope that ADV gets their act together and re-solicits the cancelled second volume soon.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=Lime][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Cancelled second volume? Well, I really hope ADV releases more DVDs of it. I'm just thankful that it wasn't licinsed and dubbed by a company that would bucther it, such as the infoumas 4Kids.Hmm...so there are Majou Shoujo anime who haven't shared the same fate as [b][i]Sailor Moon[/b][/i] and [b][i]CardCaptor Sakura[/b][/i]. That's nice to know. ^_^ ...Crap, I'm babbling again. >_> [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 6 months later...
Well, it's been a while, but the second volume is finally out. And it's amazing. The way the fairy-tale stuff was handled this time around really struck a nice chord with me personally. I also thought the anthropomorphic characters came across a lot better--the chihuahua's cameo was hilarious, for example, and so were the scenes with Mr. Cat and the female goat. Of course that could also be a case of me being better prepared and/or knowing what to expect.

Remarkably, I find myself strongly liking all of the principle characters (Duck, Rue, Fakir and Mytho). It helps that the dub is extremely good and features a number of my preferred voice actors, but I think the strength of the script is a bigger factor. Admittedly, the series won me over completely the moment I heard Chris Patton speaking German, haha.

There's so much going on under the surface in these episodes. I want to re-watch them, but I think I'll hold myself back till Christmas (which is somewhat closer to volume 3's release date). I can't remember the last time I was so upset to realize I had reached the end of a disc.

~Dagger~

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[size=1]Oy vay. I was about to start a Princess Tutu thread because I couldn't find it in the directory, but then I searched it, just in case, and here I am! :animesmil

Well, recently, I finished watching the first chapter of Princess Tutu. This series really makes my heart throb when I watch certain scenes.

I do enjoy the music, a lot, because I've always loved the music from the Nutcracker, and seeing as how the music is based off of the Nutcracker, some of them at least, it really is nice to listen to.

After watching the thirteenth episode, it just brought me a lot of mixed emotions. Princess Tutu [spoiler]seems like a happy go lucky anime at first, but when watching it through and through, this series has a lot of dark emotions. It is a very depressing series to some extent.[/spoiler]

I do hope ADV releases the second chapter.[/size]

• 5 weeks later...
Finally finished volume 4~

There are five episodes (14 through 18) on this disc, and they really serve to boost the show's darkness quotient. I had been wondering how the storyline would proceed after episode 13, which seemed to wrap things up in a pretty conclusive fashion, but it actually flowed quite smoothly and naturally. I loved how the writers and animators handled [spoiler]Mytho's evil side.[/spoiler] And of course I got giddy whenever they manage to work in something about [spoiler]Fakir's knight persona.[/spoiler]

I also have to add that episode 17 takes the cake for pure hilarity. I was totally not expecting the scene in which [spoiler]the French bishounen refused Kraehe's love, leaving both her and Princess Tutu in sweatdrops.[/spoiler] It threw me off, but at the same time, it was insanely funny.

~Dagger~

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Funny, I just finished watching episode 18. :D

[quote name='Dagger]I was totally not expecting the scene in which [spoiler']the French bishounen refused Kraehe's love[/spoiler][/quote]
Me neither! I thought it was absolutely hilarious when I first saw it. Though admittedly, I felt like [I]something[/I] was up, since the mood of the scene was completely different from past episodes. In any case, I hope that dude appears in later episodes. I think he'd make an awesome side character, even if his reappearance is not entirely necessary. :)

Side-tracking a bit, I must admit, I'm definitely leaning more towards Duck/Fakir over Duck/Mytho, if not just because, at this point in the series, the former pair are developing an actual relationship with each other, whereas the latter pair really just happens to see each other from time to time. (On the other hand, Princess Tutu is a different case. I consider Duck & Princess Tutu to be two connected, but different entities.)

As for the series itself, at first, I was put-off by the cutesy character designs, but now I think they do a service to the show; it almost looks like a children's book at times, which very much fits the fairytale theme.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sesshisgrl01
i love the anime but i havent got to se all of them and i've missed alot of stuff so i wish i could find some dvds but have yet to find them and also i got lost with the plot and every thing like that :catgirl:

[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT]Please put a little more effort into your post sesshisgrl01, At OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. If you don?t have a program like Word to check your posts a free service like Hotmail does. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]