OtakuBoards

What anime world would you be most afraid to live in and why?

Otaku America

[COLOR=Navy]If any anime world could be real which would you be most afraid to live in?

Personally, I think the Dragonball GT universe would be the most dangerous because you have super-beings that are able to blow up planets.[/COLOR] :nervous:

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]Neon Genesis Evangelion.

[spoiler]I don't want to turn into an orange pile of goo![/spoiler][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=#503F86]Haha, certainly!

That'd have to be my first choice. Having had [spoiler]the world almost destroyed once, consistently devastating alien invasions and then to have the whole world completely destroyed [i]again[/i][/spoiler], it just isn't very healthy.

The same goes for any series which starts with the whole planet being covered in some kind of massive conflict- Gundam Wing, RahXephon, Nadesico... in terms of trying to lead a practical life it'd be nigh-on impossible without being over-run by some nasty force.

Mind you, considering the vast majority of animes are centered in and around Japan and I'm currently living in England, it probably wouldn't make that big a difference.

I would be incredibly afraid of the Shin Chan universe, though. That animation... *shudders*[/COLOR]

Cowboy bebops world scares me simply for the following reasons (im not sure if youd call these spoilers so i shall use the tags just to be safe)
[spoiler] For one thing the only way to make a decent living would be to become a crimonal, bounty hunter or both- Id be terrible at this and would probably have my *** kicked by the competition (there is also WAY to much crime in that series). The other worrying thing is those stuck on earth (which I would probably be one of) would have few resources to live on and fear the contantly changing landscape.

One more would be with all those smokers in bebop, You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that wasnt developing some form of cancer :D [/spoiler]

[QUOTE=shinji172]Cowboy bebops world scares me simply for the following reasons (im not sure if youd call these spoilers so i shall use the tags just to be safe)
[spoiler] For one thing the only way to make a decent living would be to become a crimonal, bounty hunter or both- Id be terrible at this and would probably have my *** kicked by the competition (there is also WAY to much crime in that series). The other worrying thing is those stuck on earth (which I would probably be one of) would have few resources to live on and fear the contantly changing landscape.

One more would be with all those smokers in bebop, You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that wasnt developing some form of cancer :D [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Bebop is basically today's world with more technology. Just because its focuses on bounty hunters chasing criminals and shady characters doesn't mean that that's all there is. Those things exhist here too, but much like with the Bebop universe, there are other ways to prosper.

Let me put to you this way: If that's all there was, none of the locations in Bebop would have been well kept, nor would there be any order. People would be too busy trying to watch themselves to help others, and the criminal system would die out quickly if it became as common as you're making it sound.

Big O, having machines destroying the city 24/7 is not the safest idea. Mostly when they attack within every corner of the city.Another dangerous world would be Wolf's Rain, people attack everyone there

The world of [b]Elfen Lied[/b] is not very kind to innocent bystanders.

Moreover, if things continue as the series seems to suggest, [spoiler]humans will soon be outnumbered (or at least dominated) by Dicloniuses (Diclonii?).[/spoiler] Much as I love pink hair and those cute little horns, I think my chances for survival would be pretty low, at least in the near future as presented by the show.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial][B]I'd have to say I'd be pretty afraid of The Dragonball Z world too because the earth gets blown up to much....and i certainly wouldn't want to die liek every episode and plus none of the actually normal people have powers except for Krillin (is that how you spell it? :animestun ) That would be pretty scarey to me...and anyways all the other worlds i would be afraid of i really can't say because they are just a more modern or less modern version of the world today... :babble: [/B] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

I would say FLCL. You never know what's going to happen. The confusion and randomness that just always happens would cause my head to explode.
I would also say Magical Arcade Shop Abenoboshi. You never know what world you're going to get sucked into and what will happen.
I think unpredictablity is the worst of all dangers and that's what these two shows offer.

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]You wouldn't have to worry about Gluttony unless he had a reason to be chasing you, surely? What did you do...? :animedepr

I'd be fairly worried about living in Newport City, Masamune Shirow's world for [i]New Dominion Tank Police.[/i] The place is infested with terrorists, you can't go out at night without a gas mask because of the nasty photochemical smog, and to top it all the police, the people that are supposed to be protecting you from the aforementioned terrorists, go around in [b]tanks[/b], blowing things up at the first sign of a disturbance of the peace. I'd never get any sleep, for a start!

Admittedly Newport City isn't nearly as dangerous as the [i]Dragonball[/i] worlds, but if I was in [/size][/color][color=DarkGreen][size=1][i]Dragonball,[/i] chances are I'd have superpowers enough to handle the old world-blown-up scenario.
[/size][/color]

Elfen Lied....keep away from lucy and the 30+vector chick!!

uhh....the world of saikano...death and destruction all around...depressing

for kicks, the feudal era in inuyasha, too many demons

the worst of the 3 to me would be Elfen Lied tho...i agree with dagger about the bystanders...poor ppl...poor us. and for some reason, im bein reminded of the khori forest from Ocarina of time. ...?

Guest Kiarue
I would hate to be trapped anywhere in blue gender, because I wouldn't want the buggies to eat me and the humans would see me as useless and leave me to die on earth. That would suck.

The Anime world I wouldn't want to live in would have to be Neo(?) Tokyo in Silent Mobius. Third Attractions, acid rain, barren waste outside the city, Id pass. Personally, I woouldn't want to be slaugthered by a Lucifer Hawk. Did you ever notice that the A.M.P. never gets there until after your dead? Then the A.M.P. is also not very stable either, with Katsumi's random personality crisises and the government is pretty unreliable too.