OtakuBoards

The Chronicles of Narnia: Trailer Online

Ozymandius Jones

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Not to steal any thunder from the Goblet of Fire trailer, but I am [i]really[/i] excited about this movie. Having been a fan of the original movies [bad quality that they are] since I was four, and the books since I was six, this movie is on the top of my to-see list, despite the fact that it won't be out of another seven months.

[URL=http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/chronicles_of_narnia_movie]Trailer[/URL]

One word: Goosebumps.

This movie looks as if it will be epic, and I mean [i]epic.[/i] The monsters look realistic; Aslan looks as though he could take your head off, the children look convincing and the White Witch looks decidely creepy.

And I can't help but think this will wind up with a PG-13 rating. But I think it'll be worth the wait.

And I can't [i]wait[/i] for December 9th.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ozymandius Jones][color=DarkOrange']One word: Goosebumps.[/color][/quote][font=Trebuchet MS]So I was going to be all like "haha, goosebumps from a movie trailer, what a loser" when I posted. And then I watched the trailer. And, dammit, I got goosebumps. *laughs* Serves me right, I s'pose.

I remember hearing about this some time ago, but it slipped from my mind until I saw this thread. I have to admit that after the last Narnia movie I saw, it would be hard to be disappointed.

Aslan. *happy sigh*

Totally as an aside, but if anyone perusing hasn't read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, I strongly recommend it. First book in a very lovable [strike]septagy[/strike] septet.
[/font]

That trailer... :animenose

Wow. The movie's style seems to be very LotR-ish, and that's definitely a good thing. Now I'm really excited about this film. As it happens, pretty much the only thing dimming my happiness is the fact that The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is probably my least favorite book in the entire series. Well, I hope it sells loads of tickets. Maybe that way they'll decide to film the sequels (and the prequel, perhaps).

~Dagger~

This looks good. I remember reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe when I was in 2nd grade and liking it. I haven't read the sequels, but I'm guessing they're even better. This movie is giving off a good vibe to it. Almost LOTR-ish, in fact. And if anything remotely gives off the vibe of Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy, count me in for opening weekend!

Also, assuming they addapt all six books and release one movie per year, that would put the 3rd, 5th, and 6th films up against the movie adaptations of His Dark Materials. It'll be interesting to see two antithesises battle it out for box office.

[QUOTE=Dagger]That trailer... :animenose

Wow. The movie's style seems to be very LotR-ish, and that's definitely a good thing. Now I'm really excited about this film. As it happens, pretty much the only thing dimming my happiness is the fact that The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is probably my least favorite book in the entire series. Well, I hope it sells loads of tickets. Maybe that way they'll decide to film the sequels (and the prequel, perhaps).

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]From what I've heard [and I haven't researched this yet but plan to] they are planning on filming all seven books. Which would just be awesome, considering that my two favorite books [The Magician's Nephew, (the prequel), and The Last Battle] never got filmed first time 'round. Not that I really mind, now that they're doing them this quality.

I'd be curious to see how they'd do the whole [spoiler]End of Narnia bit, especially Father Time putting out the sun, and all the color just disappearing; and the part with the world inside being larger than the world outside...[/spoiler]

And Eva? There are [i]seven[/i] books. And I, honestly, think they'll go a bit better than His Dark Material's, which I read, enjoyed, but don't plan to reread. They were a one time thing, while Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia I have re-read multiple times.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ozymandius Jones]And Eva? There are [i]seven[/i'] books. And I, honestly, think they'll go a bit better than His Dark Material's, which I read, enjoyed, but don't plan to reread. They were a one time thing, while Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia I have re-read multiple times.[/COLOR][/quote]

Sorry, I meant 6 sequels. My guess is that the first, last, and probably a few of the middle movies in the Narnia movies will do better than HDM, but HDM will have a higher average-per-movie. It's similar to comparing the box-office of the Harry Potter movies to the box-office of the LOTR movies. People flock in masses to the first Potter movie, but because everyone knew there would be many Harry Potter movies the box office slowly thined out compared to the shorter, condensed LOTR serties. On the other hand, the Narnia movies could possibly be Star Wars-level quality, pulling in excessive money in every single chapter of a very long epic, and nothings' to say that New Line won't pull an Earthsea on HDM.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='Otogi-san']I'm really looking toward this movie now! I only wish that they would release them in order, because The Magician's Nephew explains so much that you wouldn't understand otherwise.[/quote]

Well, it actually makes sense to release the movies in the order that Mr. Lewis wrote them in, I believe, because The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is where Narnia begins changing, actually. All the books after come as a result of it. And since the [i]main[/i] story starts there, releasing the prequel, [which I do agree with it explaining more] first seems silly.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange]

Well, it actually makes sense to release the movies in the order that Mr. Lewis wrote them in, I believe, because The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe is where Narnia begins changing, actually. All the books after come as a result of it. And since the [i]main[/i] story starts there, releasing the prequel, [which I do agree with it explaining more] first seems silly.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]
Ah so thats how it works eh? Well I read the Magician's nephew first before The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. It's funny that this is being brought up because I've been reading the series again, I never did finish it when I was younger. I'd have to agree that The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is my LEAST favorite out of the series, I really enjoy The Boy and His Horse and would love it if they made a high-tech movie out of that one, imagine seeing Calormor? *shivers* Too bad I can't check out the trailer but I definately think they ought to go for all seven movies. Hopefully this one will be a hit so that they continue, now that Star Wars's last movie is coming out, there could be a chance of that. [/SIZE]

Yeah... Current releases of the novel put them in chronological order rather than the order they were made in. I think the written order is far more entertaining. You don't need the prior story line set up for you and I think reading The Magician's Nephew later as a prequel instead is far more effective storytelling.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch it later. I'm really looking forward to these films. The books are my favorite fantasy series.