OtakuBoards

Kenshin Question

Final Remix

[COLOR=Blue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=darkred]Disclaimer:[/color] This is a myopic rambling and search for information, so forgive me if it's already been explained / threaded, etc.
Anyway!:

I remember back in the good old days of KazZaaArada, or whatever, I downloaded a 10 minute music video/clip montage from something listed as "Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhuken". It had a title-fade and everything. I remember there being this mansion on an island, and Kenshin fighting this crazy guy in glasses (I think he wore glasses), anyway it was all amazing and such, and I was wondering if this actually exists. I remember it was listed as an OAV montage, but the only OAV i know of is Trust/Betrayal (which I own).
After searching online, I think the man fighting opposite Kenshin was known as "Enishi"?

Any info is appreciated. And again, I apologize if this was already asked/explained or is just a ridiculous question I should already know the answer to. I just wanted to make sure of what it was before shelling out the dough for the DVD(s)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest orochimaru
enishi is.......oh my goodness i have jsut forgotten. but he exesits, and it exists. i just had a mind blank. "D

[color=#4B0082]If you've seen the first OAV, you should know who Enishi is. He's Tomoe's younger brother.

But yes, there is a second, two episode OAV, subtitled Seisouhen. ... Pretty sure I spelled that right. It's set after the events of the TV series and serves as a good conclusion to everything. Like the first OAV, there isn't really any comedy, but it's still really good. Very emotional -- moreso than the first OAV, I thought, and one of only a few anime series to actually make me shed tears. :animecry:[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]There are three parts to the OVA. [B]Trust[/B], [B]Betrayal[/B], and [B]Reflection[/B]. Trust and Betrayal was re-released as a directors cut into one OVA. Reflection was also re-released as its own directors cut. Reflection is what you saw. Enishi, Tomoe's younger brother grew up (and got gray hair and all). He witnessed Kenshin [SPOILER]kill his sister[/SPOILER] during the events of Trust/Betrayal, and he never forgave him for that, so... well you should see it, then you'll know.

Trust/Betrayal takes place before the events of the [B]Rurouni Kenshin[/B] series, and Reflection takes place after. Despite this huge time gap, they are related as the same story that was never quite touched in the series. Then there's also the movie, which takes place during the series, and has nothing to do with the OVA series except they share the same name, [B]Samurai X[/B].

Young Enishi (Trust/Betrayal):
[IMG]http://www.ctrl-a.org/penguide/rkoav/pics/char-enishi.jpg[/IMG]

Old Enishi (Reflection):
[IMG]http://www.alltrees.org/anime/escherspace/enishi.himself.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Blue]Sweet Crispy Jeff! That's him! Thanks guys! I gotta go re-watch Trust&Betrayal again... I dunno how I missed him :animeswea . Anyway, thanks for all your help! I'm gonna put my order through for Reflection now. I had an inkling, but I wanted to make sure. Actually, it was the movie that got me hooked to this anime. Gotta love AnimeNetwork on the comcast TV download thing! :animesmil [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]Thanks to everyone for answering the question ^_^

In future, Final Remix, please be sure to search the thread for existing topics that may already answer your question- there are threads for both the Rurouni Kenshin series and Samurai X (the OVAs) listed in the Official Threads Directory Sticky at the top of the forum display.

Thread closed.[/COLOR]