OtakuBoards

Adobe Illustrator vs Photoshop CS2

Citrus

[COLOR=Blue]Ok I am thinking on buying one of these programs to make my own graphics and banners. So I had my eyes locked on Photoshop CS2, that is until recently. I was searching the products and came across Adobe Illustrator, and boy does that look like a good program.

So I am asking a simple question: [B]Which one should I get?[/B]

I am extremly confused on which one is the better one. So can the people help me out here!?[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I'm pretty sure each one has different uses. Illustrator allows you to make movies (if I'm not mistaken, which I very well may be), while Adobe Photoshop CS is just a raster-based program. I'm assuming it's not going to be too much different than CS, as CS wasn't all that much different than 7.

What version of Photoshop do you have? CS very well may be the better choice if you're running something like Elements.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#78593E][SIZE=1]Retribution speaks the truth.

I'd personally go for CS b/c its Type Tool allows you to put text around paths (oh, how I need it!). If you're looking for Photoshop's toughest competitor, look for a program called PaintShopPro (I think that's what it's called).[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Liebe ist Krieg
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=DarkRed]
Basically, hands down, Adobe photoshop 7.0+ takes the cake. It has got to be the easiest to play with, enhance, image the pic, shade, burn, dodge, and more. You can cusimize every aspect of the pics from inches to pixes, to percentages and more. The filters are beyond any other program ever. Also, the magnification is in a class of its own, magnifying past 1600%.

[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[IMG]http://www.grunderen.no/programvare/photoshop-2.jpg[/IMG]
This product rocks!!
:cool:

[SIZE=1]Actually, CS2 is [B]two versions newer [/B] than 7.0, which is now outdated by Adobe's standards. I don't really know what is so great about CS2, as CS doesn't really have many more new options from 7.0, but perhaps CS2 will be easier to use, faster, and have more options.[/SIZE]

[color=#141416]Yes, I would definitely go with Photoshop CS. First of all, you have to have version 7 to upgrade Photoshop to CS [2]. If you are looking to do your own banners/avatars and other graphics, Photoshop 7.0 or higher is what you're looking for. I have CS and still trying to figure out some features, so it'll keep you busy ^_^

Like Retribution said, Illustrator is more for making videos and organizing slideshows.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]I thank you all for your suggestions. But I have decided to get Elements instead of the other two programs. I asked probably the most advanced graphics makers on the OB what program she used. She simply answer Elements 2.0. I wa samazed on how much she can do with this one small program. And I plan to do the same.

So I will be purchasing Elements 2.0/3.0 later on today. Then I will probably stay up all night and learn teh thing, lol. Thanks again for your suggestions.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]CS + more user-friendly + Quick Fix + more loading time - Extract tool - Layer masks = Elements

From what I've read, it's geared more to photo editing than graphics design but I guess you can live without the tools it lacks! Yep, good choice. Now I must find a copy. *runs off*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]Well lucky me...my father works in the military...kind off. So I just got a copy of CS for free. So I won't be getting Elements. I am so excited it is almost done downloading. So now everyone who wants CS envy me! MUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...ahem.

Delta I checked out Elements, it is totally for pics. Not good for making graphics or banners. But if you still want it that's your choice.[/COLOR][/SIZE]