OtakuBoards

Bushido (PG-13)

Zen

[size=1]
[color=red](This RPG will contain extreme violence, possibly language and/or sexual themes, and long fight scenes. Veiwer Discretion is Advised.)[/color]

[B]Based on Historical Events. Inspired By Samurai Warriors. Highly Fictionalized.[/B]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=darkred][center]

[size=3][B]Bushido[/B][/size]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/08/120px-CalSamurai.gif[/img]

[B][U]The Five Principals of Bushido:[/U][/B]

[B]Jin[/B] - to develop a sympathetic understanding of people.

[B]Gi[/B] - to preserve the correct ethics.

[B]Chu[/B] - to show loyalty to one's master.

[B]Ko[/B] - to respect and to care for one's parents.

[B]Re[/B]i - to show respect for others.

[B]Chi[/B] - to enhance wisdom by broadening one's knowledge.

[B]Shin[/B] - to be truthful at all times.

[B]Tei[/B] - to care for the aged and those of a humble station.

As written, this is the Way of the Warrior...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The year is 1553, in the Sengoku Era of Japan (starting in 1478). The provinces of Japan are in Civil War over control of the island country, as of this point, much blood has been spilt over dominance. Rising tensions between the rulers of the four main provinces is growing to new heights, as Oda Nobunaga continues his campaigns of dominance with great success, his usage of firearms in battle has severly changed the way the wars will be waged. Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen are eyeing each others province's over control, and a grand battle has been set to take place in the near future. All the while, Tokugawa Ieyasu takes many small victories all across the land, and is a constant thorn in the side of Nobunaga's army.

With no end in sight to the bloody wars, life in the land of Japan has become a gamble of fate. Battles occur back to back, paranoia is widespread amongst all those who have power, and trust runs thin, even amongst members of the same clan. In this day and age, the strong are the only one's who survive. It seems, in this, the principles of Bushido have been forgotten. The blood of innocence is shed without regret. The weak have been exploited. The ethics of men have regressed into instinct. Deception is a weapon to often used. It seems that honor, is no longer a factor in life.

Now all that dictates a man's life is there willingness to kill or be killed. This is what will build the legacy of many warriors, unless some brave fighters rise up, and end this war, before a nation engulf's itself with it's own quarrels. Many great warriors have risen, and many more have fallen. The hero's of the past have fallen, as have the ideals they defended, to a generation hungry for power. Little is sacred in this war, and all is at stake. A Man must ask themselves whether they have an ally or enemy in the one's they once trusted. The only one a man can trust, is themselves.

In this war, blades must clash, in order to meet peace in the end. With each victory, the rivaling province's feel as peace is drawing closer and closer. But under whom will this peace rest? Who shall control the lands and dictate the live's of men after the blood has been washed from the country? In the middle of this grand war, questions asked will not be answered for many years to come...

Whom will you take oath under? Which clan shall you serve?

Shall you serve the great [B]Takeda of Kai[/B]? Agressive in nature, master of a great many warrior.
Will you swear under the God of War, himself, [B]Uesugi of Echigo[/B]? Master of strategy and a grand power.
Will you wage war under the great defense of [B]Tokugawa from Mikawa[/B]? The man destined to be shogun.
Do you wish to fight along side the great conqueror, [B]Oda of Owari[/B]? The ruler of many great lands, and demon of the battlefeild?

The choice is yours, as you go out to battle, you search for an end to war, and the birth of peace, aiding your lord in find their path to greatness, and their conquest for peace...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=darkorange]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]
[color=sienna]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my attempt at a samurai RPG, using what I know of martial arts, samurai culture, Bushido Philosophy, and (very complex) Japanese History. This is going to be a work of fiction, based on actual events. This RPG will one, [B]NOT[/B] be realistic to a pretty good point, it will [B]NOT[/B] be dictated by actual history, it will [B]NOT[/B] be a jumbled mess, and I will [B]NOT[/B] expect anyone to be huge history buffs just to take a role in this RPG.
I will be taking full advantage of the chapter based system so that I can better control the flow of this RPG, so that no one gets confused of when, where, or why to post. I will give a order in which to post in at each chapter, give a small summary of what actions should take place as you post, and where these actions will take place, and at what time. This may be a slow moving RPG, so take your time in posts, and make them good as the need be.
As long as we follow the simple rules placed down, we can all make this a great RPG. Example of a chapter:

[B]Chapter #[/B]
[B][Insert Chapter Name][/B]
[B]Posting Order:[/B] Generic Boy, Blah Blah, and w00t (in that order)
[B]Setting:[/B] Misty Battle Feild Near a large lake, surrounded by trees and shrubbery. 9:30 a.m. Cloudy, dark sky.
[B]Actions:[/B] A private duel will take place between the three warriors to see who is the strongest...

And thats it. From there on, its your to take.

[U][B][size=2]Sign Ups:[/B][/U][/size]

[B]Name:[/B] (Japanese, please... Feel free to use actual people from the Era or Made up characters.)

[B]Age:[/B] (not under 15)

[B]Sex:[/B] (you know)

[B]Affiliation:[/B] (Oda, Takeda, Uesugi, or Tokugawa. Please break evenly...)

[B]Class:[/B] (Samurai, Mercenary, Riflemen, or Ninja. Again, even out, please.)

[B]Appearance:[/B] (Picture or detailed description will do fine.)

[B]Weapon:[/B] (Katana, Nodachi, Waki-zashi, Naginata, Rifle&Bayonet, Martial Arts, Kama&Chain, whatever, be creative, it's an over the top work of fiction.)

[B]Fighting Style:[/B] (Describe how your character fights in battle. High Acrobatics? Crushing Power? Needle Point Accuracy? Ninja Magic? Ace Gunmen? Be creative and over the top as possible.)

[B]Personality:[/B] (kinda a gimme...)

[B]Biography:[/B] (No need to be terribly long, but it would help if your character had pre-existing relationships with other characters. That would be good, just explain your characters life.)

[B]Final Thought:[/B] (Base Description of your character in three words or less.)

[B]Last Question:[/B] (Questions to ask me before the RPG starts...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B][U]Rules:[/B][/U]

1. No Killing or Maiming Characters Unless Pre-Approved By Me and Player.
2. The RPG is over the top, but no God Mod Magic. (A Little Magic is fine though...)
3. Post With Good Content. Make It Good, Please!
4. Please follow the directions of the Chapter Summary to avoid confusion.
5. Post in order as set.
6. Please Notify Me if you are unable to post or confused as to what to post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B][U]Final Word:[/B][/U]

Have fun please, make things cool and interesting. Feel free to jump twenty feet in the air, and crush five enemy soldiers in a single blow, if you want, just make the scene well written. Be original. Don't feel bad to be a gunmen, you can use a musket that shoots 20 rounds a minute for all I care, and use the bayonet like a sword! Not everyone has to be a Ninja or Samurai. Mix it up, and be original. Thats what I ask for.
If everything goes right, this RPG will be last a long time, and still not get out of control. I notice the story isn't all that long, but the real story is going to be in the RPG itself.

Thank you, and I hope you enjoy...

-Mugen

===================================================

[B]Name:[/B] Sukuzama Mugen

[B]Age:[/B] 22

[B]Sex:[/B] Male

[B]Affiliation:[/B] Tokugawa

[B]Class:[/B]Self-Proclaimed Mercenary

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.g8.inf.br/sc05.jpg]Mugen[/URL]

[B]Weapon:[/B] Back-Holstered Double Bladed Sabre (a souvenir from his time in China). The blade is just as sharp as any Katana, but is also highly flexible. The handle is white ivory incrusted with golden Chinese characters reading "The Tsunami Dragon" down both sides of the handle.

[B]Fighting Style:[/B] Mugen uses a strange mixture of Japanese and Chinese Martial Arts, and weilds them in a furious, blood thirsty style. Known for his lack of calmness (a talent that most Samurai possess), Mugen fights wildly and acrobatically, cutting, slashing, jumping, flipping, and attacking every which way. He consideres his entire body a weapon, as well as his sword, which is incrusted with his nickname. He fights wildly throwing his legs and cutting with his sword while also rolling and flipping to and through to dodge, and attacking with unseen and unimaginable force. This has earned him the nickname, "The Tsunami Dragon".

[B]Personality:[/B] Mugen is a very care-free man at first glance, little known to those around him, he is much more complex. His arrogant attitude has gained him the dislike of many dangerous people, but the surprise of his humble demands gives him equally powerful employers. Mugen is a man who will fight for nothing more than a roof over his head and food in his stomache, which leads people to beleive he has other motives that drives him to fight. On the battle field, it is as if Mugen is an animal, his eyes become wild and his face takes on a blood thirsty masque. Many people beleive Mugen to be an unjust, and undiscaplined rough-neck, which is true to some point, but what they do not know about him is that he is also a seeker of peace in the world, and combats those whom he thinks are burdens in the path of peace.

[B]Biography:[/B]

Little is known about the past of the warrior known as Sukuzama Mugen. The only knowledge he lets out about his past in public is that he came into the war after a long time spent across the great sea in China. Little do his employers know that behind his amazing battle record lays a tragic history.

Like many current warriors, Mugen had the misfortune of being born into the War's violence. His peasant mother and father were killed by Oda cannon fire during battle while he was still but a boy. Filled with greif, Mugen swore revenge on forces that killed his family from there on. He began his training by learning and studying the ways of war, by meeting up with traveleing Tokugawa soldiers on the road, he had them teach him the ways of the Samurai. Battle, ironically, was a natural talent to the young boy, who picked up the art of the sword quickly. He found a home amongst the warriors, and watched on the sidelines as the battles took place. His heart was filled with excitement by watching the battles, and he yearned to take place in one, someday. He wouldn't, however, for years to come.

Hearing tales of legendary proportions about the martial arts from the great main land of China, Mugen left the Tokugawa battalion to stoeaway on a merchant ship, with nothing in his possession but a stolen sword from the Battalion. He was eventually found and put to work in return for the ride. While on the ship, he also took the time to pick up the Mandarin language. Landing down in Hong Kong with high expectations and a subtle understanding of the language, Mugen set out on a long journey to further his knowledge of war and battle. It wasn't long before his talent with Japanese steel had been taken the notice of the local master, whom allowed him to train with them in the arts of Wu Shu, in return that he work for them doing menial tasks.

Looked down upon by the other students because of his foreign nationality,many times Mugen was victim to harrassment and beatings which would only toughen his mind and body. Never once did he fail to meet any demand given to him by a teacher, and he never let the ridicule of his fellow pupils get to him, it was not long until Mugen could better the older students, whom had been learning the arts for most of their lives. This gave him confidence, and eventually, arrogance to a point. Mugen, now at the age of 16, began showing up his native classmates in the arts, and began readying himself to leave back the Japan, in order to accomplish his goal of revenge. But before he left, the Master had one last task for Mugen to accomplish. As a challenge of true mastery, the five best pupils of the master were to face off against Mugen in a handicap match. Mugen was given an nothing more than a wooden stick to defend himself, and the match begun. It would end in less than five minutes, as Mugen proceeded to knock out or dibilitate all five of his opponents with the wooden stick, and returned unscathed. After the match ended, the old master rewarded Mugen with a sword that described the young man's coming and going into the schools. A flexible, traditional sword, engraved with the words "Tsunami Dragon". Proud of his accomplishments and confident in his abilities, Mugen left back to Japan.

Once back, Mugen had to make a choice of who he would fight for. The only kingdom that made sense to battle for were those of whom he had originally learned the ways of battle from, the Tokugawa. Upon reaching the castle, Mugen offered himself as a mercenary to Ieyasu Tokugawa. Asked to prove himself, Mugen went on to the battlefeild at long last in a small battle against southern rebel forces. By the battles end, Mugen had single handedly defeated over fifty soldiers and the rebel's leader in combat. From there on, it would be history with Tokugawa as Mugen was taken in as an unofficial officer by Tokugawa under the title of 'Mercenary'. Mugen is now one of Tokugawa's most trusted officers and effective warriors.

[B]Final Thought:[/B] Peace Seeking Berserker?

(Subject to change.)

[/color][/size][/center]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Name:Niwa Nagahide

Sex: Male

Affilliation: Oda Nobunaga

Class: Samurai

Weapon: Duel Naginata, although he is skilled in the use of Katana and Waki-zashi.

Appearance: [URL=http://ew2.lysator.liu.se/pic/art/b/a/battiste/samurai_naganata.jpg]The flag bears the symbol of Oda Nobunaga[/URL]

Fighting Style: Dual cresent crushing style, combined with agile thrust/downward slash combonations.

Personality: Nagahide has a very quiet attitude. He like's too observe before making rash decisions. Don't be fooled, on the battle field he won't hesitate too cut down battallions of Samurai if need be (Note, this is an exaggeration, as it would be considered god-moding, and we don't need that...) Despite this hard exterior, enough Sake and he became a rather likeable guy, easy going and enjoyable. He has a liking for Sake.

Biography: From an early age, Niwa Nagahide fought for Oda Nobunaga. The Niwa clan had always been praised for their skills on the battlefield, and Nagahide was no exception. In fact, his skills were praised as some of the greatest of the Niwa clan of old. His favourit weapon had always been the Naginata, he found the art and percision necessary for a weapon like that absolutly unreal. When Niwa was 23, the Niwa clan alligned themselves with the Oda clan, and Nagahide fought many battles with Nobunaga, often finding himself finding side-by-side with the imfamous leader. As of yet, Nagahide is but a Samurai of thousands. But everyone knows that he special, it won't be long until he becomes great.

Final Thoughts: Darkest One

Final Question: Ok, I decided to completely give up on figuring anything out about Japanese history, as it is infuriatingly confusing and contridictory depending on who recorded it. Not to mention that it's highly fictionalizied. Ok, so I found somwhere that Nagahide had served Nobunaga from a young age, but wasn't a retainer, so I decided I would go with that for now.

OOC: Chirst Japanese history is bloody confusing. I consider myself a history expert and I'm 100% dombfounded. The only thing I know well is the Ikko-ikki campaign with Oda Nobunaga, so I hope that we eventually come to that! First one happened in 71, if I'm correct... [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Teal]Name: Tairu Ishiki

Affiliation: Tokugawa

Class: Middle class Ninja (Didn?t know if you would like how much experience our characters had.)

Appearance: Assasin appearance: He stands at 5?7?. He wears a small black hood for his head. His Shuriken is visible from his belt. He also wears black pants (if you would want to call them that.)
Citizen Appearance: His hair is a dark brown. His belt is concealed behind his pale blue robe. He has a medium build and actually walks with a straight posture. Only visible thing is the front of his belt.

Weapon: He has a pack of Shuriken on his belt and has two stealth daggers as an assassin. In public and on the battlefield he owns a long and thin katana. Both his blades are stained with the blood of many men.

Fighting style: When assassinating someone Tairu uses his high acrobatic skills to hop from tree to roof top and roof top to roof top. Fighting in the field he is about as fast when he is payed to assassinate but is slowed a bit by his katana. He fights mid level and ground when in battle. Tricks with his feet confuse the enemy and the use of optical illusions will permit into a death of a human.

Personality: Since the war has started Tairu was cold hearted and spared no pity for human life. He does deeply care for the people of Tokugawa though. He wasn?t always this heartless though. Before his mother died (Explained further in bio.) he was an honest kid ready to grow up and become a samurai.

Biography: In his home village there was a massive attack of about fifty men. There were loud thunderous bangs. With most houses on fire, Tairu?s being one of them, a man came inside and fired at his mother. She died shortly after from the wound she had received. Tairu picked up the closest blades he found, just so happened that it was the two blades he uses now, and cut horizontally at the man?s throat spurting the crimson liquid on to his body. He ran out of the back through a secret little hole and jetted into the woods, crying. His final thoughts before he left his mother in the village were ?I will avenge you mother and everyone who dares cross my path be impaled by my blade and brought to justice.? He has lived in the main city since then protecting the innocent from others. His katana was later received when he became a medium leveled ninja and was praised as a protector. As well as a couple other saviors of Takugawa.

Final Thoughts: No life spared.

Last Question: Well this sounds a bit like Kenshin. Did you base some of these things of the show of Ruroni Kenshin?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=sienna][size=1]

No, because Ruroini Kenshin took place about 300 years after this era. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I especially like the originality of both your characters. SadBlue, who's samurai (while out of time period, but its okay) uses multiple weapons at the same time and Kiba's guy who is a Samurai by day and Ninja by night. I hope to see more soon![/color][/size]

[size=1][color=Navy][color=Black][b]OOC: [/b]I don't know much about the history but it sounds good.
[b]EDIT: [/b]It's complete!!!
[b]EDIT2: [/b]I editted Delta's character out.
[/color] [b]
Name:[/b] Kabuki Sakura

[b]Age:[/b] 21

[b]Sex:[/b] Female

[b]Affiliation:[/b] Uesugi

[b]Class:[/b] Upper Class Mercenary/Ninja

[b]Appearance:[/b] [url="http://img91.exs.cx/img91/4927/ai9yl.jpg"]Here's[/url] her Physical Description. She wears something like [url="http://pows.webmonster.de/dcm/images/costume/doa2-kasumi-3p.jpg"]this[/url] except change it to a really dark blue, bridging on black with the wrap around mask. When not at work, Sakura just wears a mixture of blues, white and black.

[b]Weapon:[/b] Sakura carries a pouch which has several compartments, the two largest ones are full of [url="http://www.shadowofleaves.com/shuriken5.jpg"]shuriken[/url] and [url="http://home.netyou.jp/kk/sakura/sozai/gazo/kunai/kunai11.jpg"]kunai[/url], the smaller packed with other helpful items (I don't want to reveal everything). She also carries a [url="http://img271.echo.cx/img271/8650/wpsw046oe.jpg"]waki-zashi[/url] that she keeps tied to the belt around her waist and a [url="http://bjorn.foxtail.nu/images/jt_katana.jpg"]katana[/url] strapped on her back. But even without her weapons she isn't defenseless because she's been trained in the martial arts and has mastered each of them.

[b]Fighting Style:[/b] Sakura doesn't use one particular style of fighting, she has her own unique one which is a mixture of many. She uses a lot of acrobatics and she's very flexible, stealthy and agile which she's had to train a lot to be able to do. She also has brute force, skill with weapons and excellent accuracy, hitting her mark with a shuriken or kunai every time. Sakura also has some of the ninja skills (which I won't mention.)

[b]Personality:[/b] Sakura doesn't like to show emotion because she's a cold hearted ninja/mercenary/assassin, but sometimes she will let something slip, only around people that she's incredibly close to. She hates failure and always completes a job. Sakura doesn't have a family, and has never known her real family because she was orphaned which is one of the reasons she doesn't open to anyone. She only has a few friends and they're all ninja. Sakura likes to work alone, her excuse is that others way her down, but in fact most people know its just because she's afraid to get close to anyone.

[b]Biography:[/b] Sakura has never known the meaning of the word 'family', she never had a family as a child because she was orphaned as a baby. As Sakura grew up, she was taught about the more depressing things of life and always looked at things from a pesimistic point of view. She learned about families that broke up, friends betraying each other, broken hearts from a one sided love. That was the point in time when the door to Sakura's heart started to close. The bolt and padlock to the door arrived when her best friend at where she had been dumped, a kind of makeshift orphanage, left, walking out the door happily with a family, without even a look back at her.

That happened when Sakura was 7, and after that she refused to talk to people, the caretakers just gave her food and watched her. The kids tried to approach her but she would give them her coldest glare and they would cry, running to one of the caretakers. Slowly each of the children were taken and Sakura was left alone. Finally she spoke, at the age of 11, after 4 long years of silence. Sakura asked if she could leave, because she knew that no one would ever take her. The caretakers agreed finally, it was true, no use keeping her when she wouldn't co-operate with them.

Sakura was set free and given money to use, she used it on martial arts lessons and food. She found a job and worked hard, she bought herself weapons and slowly mastered her martial arts. And every night she would find a tree and sleep in the high branches.

Finally she bought herself new clothes, plus a ninja costume, she had decided what she wanted to be. Everyday she practised with weapons, accuracy, and martial arts. She found a ninja academy and trained hard, she soon learned the skills she needed and perfected the ones she already knew.

Sakura started her career as a ninja at the age of 16, people underestimated her because of her age but they were fooled, finding themselves killed before they could retract the thought.

Sakura became a mercenary and started to work for anyone tht payed high enough, she was a perfect ninja and assassin because she was young to fool victims and she was cold hearted, with her heart door tightly locked shut.

One day she was approached by someone who served under Uesugi Kenshin and he wanted to hire her for a long period, promising good pay. Since Sakura didn't have a current job to do she agreed since she knew Uesugi had lots of money. They travelled back and Sakura met some of the other people that worked under him, but no one has breached the door to her heart, she hopes to make a friend, but isn't holding her breath.

[b]Final Thought:[/b] Deadly Cherry Blossom

[b]Last Question:[/b] Do I need to change anything?
[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][I]"You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect."[/I]
~Miyamoto Musashi[/CENTER]

[B]Name:[/B] Miyamoto Musashi

[B]Age:[/B] 27

[B]Affiliation:[/B] Tokugawa

[B]Class:[/B] Samurai who has adapted to new western technology, doubling as a gun slinger.

[B]Appearance:[/B] Looks like [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/mechinfinity/SwordOfTheSamurai.jpg][B]this[/B][/URL] when clean, and [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/mechinfinity/vagabond.jpg][B]this[/B][/URL] when not.

[B]Weapon:[/B] Katana (right hand), Kodachi (left hand), Revolver (right hand holster).

[B]Fighting Style: [/B] Penetrating with the katana, moving in for the killing blow with the katana, and if all else fails, pull back and fire with his revolver (40 shots per minute). This is not to say, however, that he will not fluidly adapt to the enemy's attack patterns, and weild say, his kodachi and revolver at once. He is known for his ingeniuity in battle, and will not hesitate to sacrifice a weapon to win a duel.

[B]Personality:[/B] Musashi used to be very haughty and arrogant when he was in his early twenties, but quickly learned the Bushido code of the Samurai, and humbled himself. Now, he prefers to be still, living life in the moment, and composes haiku as do any samurai of his day and age. He finds it is good therapy for whatever he is feeling, and has now become very mild, gentle, and caring. Some regard him as too 'soft' to be a Samurai, but he thinks otherwise. He finds that when one is still, it is much easier to aquire a skill, to learn new information, or to accept new ideas, and has adopted the philosophy as his own.

[B]Biography:[/B] Here's a short time line of Miyamoto's life.

[U][I]Age 7[/U]:[/I] ran away from home, knowing his father would kill him if he stayed.
[U][I]Age 9:[/U][/I] first killed a full-fledged samurai out of self defense. The samurai was drunk, and threatened to kill the "street scum that [he was]," and eventually lashed out when the arrogant Musashi refused to be kicked around.
[U][I]Age 13:[/U][/I] begins to take up the Bushido, and learn swordsmanship after stealing a samurai's sword. A friend affiliated to Tokugawa decides to teach him.
[U][I]Age 16:[/U][/I] defeats a samurai in his first formal duel, and later that year leaves his master after only three years of training. His master, however, agreed that he had already surpassed him in his skill.
[U][I]Age 21:[/U][/I] arrives at the renowed japanese-school of Bushido, defeated 60 consecutive opponents with a bamboo rod, and is immediately hired to fight for Tokugawa.
[U][I]Age 23:[/I][/U] While on patrol, Musashi spots a beautiful Oda woman in another unit. He did not try to help either side due to the fact he was captivated by her elegance and refused to fight her. He suffered a demotion as a result.
[U][I]Age 26:[/I][/U] invents dual-sword style, perfects it. Is now able to strike a man three times a second.
[U][I]Age 27-present:[/U][/I] whereabouts unknown. He has been sighted at several dojo, fighting and evetually killing the master that heads it in honorable combat. Musashi, however, has had his thoughts still resting on the beautiful woman he saw while on patrol.

[B]Final Thought:[/B] Gentle, Creative, Compromising.

[B]Last Question:[/B] Why is this so awesome? :p [/SIZE]

[COLOR=Dimgray][SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Zanzaro Korogata ?Koro?

[B]Age:[/B] 22

[B]Affiliation:[/B] Uesugi Kenshin

[B]Class:[/B] Samurai/ Sorcerer

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.mangalords.com/imagenes/capitulario/getbackers/%5bGF%5d%20getbackers%2011%20f.jpg]Zanzaro Korogata (dark-haired) [/URL]

[B]Weapon:[/B] Katana no Zetsumei (right hand) Wakizashi (left hand) Naginata (carries on his back) and Magic scrolls.

[B]Fighting Style:[/B] Koro?s fighting style is one that is unique to him, as it isn?t really one at all. He?s an extremely skilled swordsman, so not many of his enemies live through the onslaught of his blade. His wakizashi is used for quick attacks and defending, while the Naginata usually stays perched on his shoulder. But when forced to use it, he?s a walking holocaust. He often improves the strength of his weapons or attributes an element to them by using the scrolls passed down by the members of his family.

[B]Personality:[/B] Koro is laid-back and lazy in appearance, but that outer appearance bellies a genius strategic mind and passionate fighter. Every action ever taken in his life has been by the code of Bushido, though he holds the principal of Chi in high regard. Never far without a book in hand, he?s gained many militaristic strategies and sorcererous talents through his studies.

[B]Biography:[/B] Koro derives from a great line of Samurai's who have served Uesugi for many years faithfully. His father trained him in the ways of Bushido from the time Koro could hold a blade. His childhoos was filled with happy memories, up untill the age of 16.

The land he lived in was constantly involved with wars, and the villagers often barely survived with their lives. In this battle both his father and mother fought valiantly, but lost their lives. Koro was alone after that, forced to provide for himself.

[B]Final Thought:[/B] Lazy Grand Warrior

[B]Last Question:[/B] Is being a sorcerer alright? I wanted to make mine over the top, and thought that the way to go.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I'll finish the bio later, just wanted to get it started.[/SIZE]

Name: Yagyu Hajime

Affiliation: Takeda of Kai

Class:Samurai

Appearance: Attachment (look familiar?)

Weapon: Long sword called "Drying Pole"

Fighting Style: Yagyu style Iai Jitsu, an improvement made upon Shigenobu's art. The style (at this time) is in its infancy and is practiced by very few people. The phrase for those few who do use it is, "Saya no uchi (the best sword is the one that doesn't leave its sheath)". Basically, what this mean is that for the majority of the battle, the sword remains in the scabbard. It is only drawn in defense or attack and after which it is quickly resheathed. It's a difficulty technique in which mastery yields great rewards. (if you ever played dynasty warriors, its Zhou Tai's fighting style, for the shallow). Also knows a form of unarmed combat, Sosuishi-ryu Jujutsu, which he uses sometimes as an alternative to unsheathing his sword.

Personality: A quiet individual, he is not one for idle threats or taunts. In battle he is quiet and pokerfaced, not showing any emotion and not speaking unless to comment on something mildy interesting in battle. This is not to be mistaken for cockiness however. Outside of the battle, Hajime is a mildly sociable guy, he speaks and is polite. This niceness hides his love for women however. He is also very charming and charismatic and a favorite among takeda's ranks. Also a lover of books and haikus, can often be seen reciting them.

Biography(brief, just the facts): Born to an obscure branch of the Yagyu family, Hajime was not fortunate enough the learn the family sword skills, so he grew up on other swordsman. One in particular was Shigenobu, who was the founder of the Iai Jitsu art. Hajime, at age 7 saw him slay a man in one strike in which those there to withness the battle were not able to the sword once it was drawn. Hajime went on to attempt to mimic this technique. He first started by knocking insects out of the air with his wooden practice rod, he then moved on the cutting swallows out of the air with his blade. After a while, he joined Takeda's army and quickly rose up the ranks, this is when tragedy struck. His father and mother were both killed in a raid of his village that he grew up in, after their deaths, Hajime began to perfect his technique at a scary speed. Many said that their death's inspired him to be a greater warrior, others say he used swordplay as an escape from the pain of their deaths. Whatever it was, no one knows, but Hajime became an instant favorite in Takeda's ranks and went on to help Takeda's forces win many sweeping victories.

Final Thought: Chauvanistic Wandering Poet

Last Question: Is there room for my character to go Ronin in the future in this rpg? Like if my lord dies or something?

[color=sienna][size=1]

[B]Delta:[/B] Yes, it is Uesugi Kenshin. I.E. his given name is Kenshin, and his clan name is Uesugi.

[B]Sakura:[/B] Glad to have you aboard, look forward to your finished sign up.

[B]Retribution:[/B] Because I have my best ideas when I am exhausted.

[B]Crusader:[/B] As long as your sorcery is kept to something like setting your sword aflame and having explosive sword slashes. The only thing I don't want with sorcery is people standing back and striking people with lighting bolts. So, yeah, as long as its an active kind of battle sorcery, its cool.

[B]Straight Outta' Ensley:[/B] Although it will be a while 'til Takeda is killed, yeah, I think I can make it work in. If you want, you can have your character work for Takeda and then decide to leave, but you gotta PM me when you want this to happen so I can work it into the story. Also, I love your username. (Straight Outta' 'Ensley', there's crazy a** brotha named Ice Cube...)

I'm liking the replies so far. I need about two more sign ups. One for Takeda, and one for Oda, and I think we can then start. If I don't get those two, I may need to ask some one to switch off of Tokugawa to either or. So, try to be flexible. Thank you all. (Invite your freinds!).[/color][/size]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][b][i][u]Sign Ups:[/i][/b][/u]

[b]Name.:[/b] Aki Li. Haneshi. (Hani.)
[b]Age.:[/b] 23.
[b]Sex.:[/b] Female.

[b]Affiliation:[/b] Oda of Owari.
[b]Class.:[/b] Riflemen.

[b]Appearance.:[/b] Five feet and two inches, she weights 95 lbs., Hani is rather light to be using a rifle. Slightly paler then those around her, she is rather strong for a women so small. Her eyes are a deep, dull, brown. Nearly black they don't seem vary able to take in very much light and as a result, there is light to no white seen within her eyes. But within her eyes, it seems as though there is vivid brown lining that shows only when in the autumn. Hani's eye brows are light and narrow. As with tradition her hair is long and pulled back behind her head by a beige colored, skinned, hind tap. Her hair is black, over lacing with multiplayer of browns. Hani has a short light cluster of neatly kept bangs that often covers her right eye. On both end sides of her bangs she has long strands of hair the fall freely. Underneath her left eye is a small black birthmark.

Hani generally wears Oda's assigned riflemen's wears. Light, and durable it seems to have a more western theme. Over all of her uniform she wears a rosy brown, over cast that falls to her elbows. Around back the over cast falls eight inches past her waist. The ends of the over cast are brimmed in black cloth, the collar is straight and ties with a beige stripe in a bow. Underneath the over cast, she wears a tight fitting panel top. It's a dull dirty colored pink and it has a high upturn 'v' sloped neck collar. It has mid length sleeves that reach to stomach seven. (Pressure point mid way through upper arm joint.) Coming out from under the edges of the sleeves' end is a lightly flowing and transparent white fabric. This fabric is long going 15 inches past hear waist when she stands at a tension. It is silted from it's ends to it's tops. Along the front it is laced in ten small 'x's' and ends in a small hook round at the top.

Upon her lower half she wears silted, dark brown, donjo pants. They are specifically cut on the out side, so that that ruffled edges may conceal the slits. However these pants, unlike the standard version, it actually merges along the inner edge and it barely reaches to past her knees. Making it lean towards an oddly designed skirt. Along the inside of her legs she wears long white shin pads. Four inches from the top and wrapped around her thighs are two black bands, that merge too gun holster on the side. Each holster holding gun poowder and bullets ne the ends and a 36. HAND GONNE on each side. As far as foot wear goes, she wears rosy brown monk shoes.

Other noticeable features are the the fingerless top padded white gloves she wears. The end back of these gloves meet mid way to where her normal sleeves would end. Around her neck Hani wears a silver pendent, in shape of the Haneshi's family emblem. The Hemp Plant.

[b]Weapon.:[/b] 2 Advanced 36.0 HAND GONNEs.
[i] - A smaller version of the HAND GONNEs, created early in the 15th century. These guns not being the greatest influence in battles for a quantity of reasons have been modified. Smaller, lighter, it needs no stand. And needs not act like a cannon, the fuses have been replaced so that it may you gun powder. Although it still need be held to one's shoulders when fired. Their' current size is two feet.[/i]

[b]Fighting Style.:[/b] Militia Ace Gunmen.
[i] - Mainly a long ranged Gunmen, two HAND GONNEs, it is relatively easy to take one's time and go unnoticed. Since each shot would normally take a 5 minutes interval, has caused Hani to have her uniform refitted. Placing the cloth of the sleeves into the trigger pieces allows for a double shot since the bullet holster has is not able to retract. Creating her gunmen ship to be done with ease in comparison to most other gunmen.[/i]

[b]Personality.:[/b] Hani's blood type is O. As such, she's to be the definition as such.

[i] - Type O Blood people are said to set the mood for a group and to take on the role of creating harmony among its members. Their image is one of taking it easy, of being peaceful and carefree. But also watchful and taking in all that's around them. They are also thought to be big-hearted and benevolent and intelligent. O Types are generally "loved by all." But, they also, surprisingly, have a stubborn and strong-willed side, as well, and tend to secretly have their own opinions on things. On the other hand, they have the flexible, adaptable side of readily accepting new things. They are easily influenced by other people who are stronger willed. They seem to appear level-headed and trustworthy, but they often slip and make blunders inadvertently, and usually they shall to try and right their wrongs. But that is also the point that makes O Types lovable.[/i]

Often considered the younger one of Oda's top riflemen, Hani is often torn between her beliefs and her longing to be Oda's best. For she believes that he is right in his doing and what simply to make her family proud of her but to also help Oda achieve his goal of ruling over all Japan. However, Nighori Haneshi, her father, had daughter her the was of the Bushido. Thus it has influenced her personality greatly.

Teaching her to be kind and considerate. But not allowing her to be performing at her peak condition. Although she's highly intelligent Hani seems to hesitate before firing, harming another, or anything in general. Hani goes over a set plan in her mind, causing her to be a quick think if something should change the balance. Slightly shy and self sufficient she's chosen never to hurt another unless ordered to. Still she is an Ace Gunmen and is best left at that.

[b]Biography:[/b] Born in 1528, to the Aki family upon the small island formerly known as Hemp. A small island that was of the South Eastern Providences of Japan. As a child of the Haneshi family she took on the assigned work, in occupation and student to work for Japan's head conquers. Renown, and very well known through out most of Asian for their silk and Hemp sown work ever since 774. AD.

During the late 1530's when near the age of eight Aki's family was to move along side Oda's building empire. There she spend her days learning to cook and sow for his never ending line of soldiers. Creating fabrics solely by his orders. But due to her age and gender Aki often had free time after sunset, and would stay next to Oda's men that would allow her. During the periods that they were actually moving her mother and father would make her study history and science. Which eventually got her interested in fighting.

When at the age of 17, when some of Oda's men wondered lost and ended up in Mikawa. Tokugawa's territory. Aki had been fallowing the men, as she often did came the night. However this night was different. During the men's 'visit' a fight was started near the furthest end of town while they were going to return to the others of Oda's units. Out numbered, and as they refused to burn the flag of Oda of which one carried as ordered by those of Mikawa, a fight broke out. Rather small and almost non-existing in history, it is Aki's main memory. She stood by, watched, and did nothing until the dawn three days later when she returned alone to her parents side. She's never spoken a word of the incident, nor is there any evidence that the event took place other then her word.

At the age of 20, Hani officially became a riflemen of one of Oda's militia units.

[b]Final Thought.:[/b] Kind. Hesitant. Lost.
[b]Last Question.:[/b] [i] [strike] I am unsure of the history of rifles before the 1600's, but.. If the story takes part in 1553, and begun in 1478, wouldn't the only rifles available be; HAND GONNE. 1400's. / Matchlock. Mid 1498./ Wheel Lock. Circa 1517./ Snaphaunce. Circa 1570.?[/strike][/i]

- No further questions, thank you for your help, Mugen.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=sienna][size=1][B]Ruby:[/B]

Glad to have you on board. Again, I must say, this RPG isn't going to be highly true to history, so for all I care, you can make your rifle an semi-automatic musket for all I care. I just want it to play cool on the battle feild. If you want a fictionalized Matchlock, than please do. Give it a fictionalized name or something, like you would a sword. I'm not to keen on the history of guns, so I couldn't help you if you want to make your rifle a real gun, but if you don't wanna go through the trouble of making it a real gun, then please don't.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1][b]Name:[/b] Ueno Ayaka

[b]Age:[/b] 22

[b]Sex:[/b] Female

[b]Affiliation:[/b] Takeda Shingen

[b]Class:[/b] Koga Ninja

[b]Appearance:[/b] [URL=http://www.leaffish.com/gallery/ill_o_digital/img/samurai.jpg]Ayaka minus the sword.[/URL]
Credits go to the very talented (and that's an understatement) Maple Leaf.

[b]Weapon:[/b]
[u]Koga no Gen[/u], ?Threads of Koga?, are thin, lightweight strings spun from spider silk.
The strength of these threads was such that three strings were able to control Oda
Nobunaga?s horse. The Koga ninjas spun different varieties, including ones that are
dipped in poison and oil.

[b]Fighting Style:[/b]
Being part of the Koga Hachi Tengu, members of the Uenoryuu were taught Ninjutsu
by Koga masters at an early age. She learned Onshinjutsu, the art of invisibility, and
the Gen techniques from her mother and has always found them to be more useful
than actual close-quarters combat.

[b]Personality:[/b]
As leader of the Ueno clan, it is imperative that Ayaka maintains an aura of easiness
and approachability around her ninjas. She could easily pass off as one of the junior
Ueno members if they didn?t call her ?Okashira? all the time. It is because of this
laid-back attitude that outsiders often take her for disorganized ringleader, a
misconception that has served her well many times.

[b]Biography:[/b]
Ueno Ayaka was born on the spring of 1531 to the head of the Ueno clan, Ueno
Hideyoshi and his wife Etsuko.

She rose to the rank of Meijin on the winter of 1550, following the massacre that
took the lives of the Ueno, Nagano and Naiki ruling families. In retaliation, the
survivors banded together and, under the leadership of their three young masters,
burned down Oda?s fortresses in Shimousa. The Ueno clan took the fortress in Yuuki
and from there controlled traffic to the Northern provinces.

Upon hearing of their feat, Takeda Shingen sent Yagyu Hajime to Yuuki to enlist the
aid of the Koga ninjas. Ueno received him in Yuuki-oujou but refused to enter into
negotiations until Takeda himself came to Shimousa.

She agreed to help Takeda under several conditions, one of which was to launch a
fierce campaign against Oda Nobunaga.

[b]Final Thought:[/b] Got sake?

[b]Last Question: [/b] --
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=sienna][size=1]
Aaaaand... Sign Ups are closed! Thank you all for making signing up! You all have made it in. If, by tomorrow, one more person [B](Lan}[/B] does not sign up, I will start that night. I thank you all again, and I look forward to having a very good RPG.

-Mugen

P.S.- Sakura, your Bio is going to have to change a little at the end, cuz Delta changed over to Takeda so to even things out. Thank you.[/color][/size]

Can I join in on the fun? :animesmil

Name: Hyroyushin Sasuke (Hyro for short)

Affiliation: Oda

Class: Samurai, Swords/Martial Arts master

Appearance: 6'2", 185 lbs of muscle. See pic. With black hair instead.

Weapon:

Dark Blue bladed katana, its maker is unknown.

Martial Arts/ Sword fighting techniques:
Hyro was sent to China at the tender age of 4 years old where he learned the Chinese martial arts. He perfected the dragon, tiger, eagle, monkey, mantis, snake, drunken, tai chi, and various other Chinese martial arts within his twelve years stay.

He returned to Japan where he learned the ways of the Samurai, combining it with his Chinese sword fighting tecniques to create a master form.

He uses extremely powerful blast techniques that have pin point accuracy. He is extremely fast, time seems to slow down when he attacks. His opponents are usually struck before they notice it. His defense is impossible to see due to his speed.

He will use acrobatics when appropiate to avoid blows or to attack. He is unpredictable due to his ability to strike with faster than lightning and his ability to control every move of his weapon, no matter how heavy it is.

He is able to generate powerful chi forces, making his sword glow with a white light, giving it the ability to shatter blades, and giving him the ability to blast his opponents with destructive energy. It can also enhance his strength and speed. (you said over the top. :animeswea )

Personality: He is usually a happy go lucky guy. During battle, however, he appears fierce and deadly, as far from careless as you can get. He is always calm, able to make quick decisions during thew heat of battle. He likes a challenge and will take on anyone who wishes to challenge him. He is kind at heart but won't always show it. He is slow to anger; his anger is like a cold blue fire.

Bio:

Hyro was born to a wealthy land baron who soon sent him to China so that Hyro would be free from the strife of Japan. When Hyro reached China, he was first sent to the Shaolin Temple where he studied the animal styles of fighting. He left the temple at the age of 12, already a master of the martial arts that the Shaolin Monks practiced. He traveled throughout China, searching for master fighters who would be able to teach him new styles of fighting.

Over his travels through China, he accumulated a vast knowledge of martial arts. He had mastered just about every style of fighting that there was by the age of 16. His chi power became enormous. He headed back to Japan at the age of 17, deciding to finally return to his family.

When he reached Japan, he went traveling through the countryside searching for his family's lands. He came upon a a burnt out husk that used to be a large palace. The sign at the front was still intact, it read "Lord Sasuke". He knew that it used to be his home, tears ran down his face. He strode forward and searched through the debris. Blue flashed in his eyes as he pulled forth a long object, it was a strange blue bladed katana with a dragon hilt. From that day on, Hyro swore to become the greatest samurai that ever walked the Earth.

He found an ancient hermit, a retired samurai. The old hermit taught Hyro everything about the samurai, how they fought, what codes they followed, and many more truths about the samurai. Hyro learned the sword fighting techniques of the samurai in an extremely short time, less than a year thanks to his mastery of the Chinese martial arts.

He now travels the chaotic land of Japan, surviving with his blade and martial arts. He works for Oda.

Final Thoughts: Who's next?

Last question: None

Edit: Changed.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]Name[/B]: Akamatsu Shinomori

[B]Age[/B]: 27

[B]Sex[/B]: Male

[B]Affiliation[/B]: Tokugawa

[B]Class[/B]: Samurai General, Scientist

[B]Appearance[/B]: [URL=http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/guys84.jpg]Akamatsu Shinomori[/URL]

[B]Weapon[/B]: [I]Katana [/I] - long and precisely sharp, medium weight, commonly used, kept at his left.
[I]Explosives [/I] - small bombs kept in a pouch and adorning his belt, able to be lit with a twitch of his fingers.
[I]Wakizashi [/I] - short sword, thin and very light, commonly used for defense rather then offense, kept at his right.

[B]Fighting Style[/B]: Akamatsu has trained for years as a soldier of the Tokugawa dynasty. His style resembles that of the original sword techniques with a lot of his own revisions. He incorporates bombs into his sword attacks, as well as the use of two swords at once of different lengths. His katana and wakizashi combination is rare and incredibly hard to master. Akamatsu has yet to master the style, but is rather close after years of practice. He has a horse named Roku given to him when he first joined the army. He has trained for mounted battle as well and spends a lot of the time on the battlefield upon his horse.

[B]Personality[/B]: Akamatsu has a very strong personality. He speaks his mind and voices his opinion, even if it disheartens others. He is stubborn when it comes to most things. Over the years he's accepted a position as leader and doesn't like to follow the directions given by others. He has lived life by himself and denies having any feeling for another human being. He lives life for himself and his own happiness rather then that of others. He is very loyal to Tokugawa and will fight for no one else unless directed to. He dislikes compromising, but if the occasion calls for it he will.

[B]Biography[/B]: Akamatsu grew up on the streets of feudal Japan. He had no memory of his parents whatsoever and grew up alone, learning to take care of himself early on. He attended school as much as he could. He loved to learn, and he loved to read. He found books on science and chemistry most interesting. As he grew older he began experimenting with different elements and attributes creating explosives and other concoctions. Although he didn't have an impressive history, or any allegiance, he managed to get a job as a scientist under Tokugawa rule. He vowed to dedicate all his work to them, and from that day on was known for his Tokugawa allegiance and loyalty.

As time went on he became better and better with chemistry and the mixing of different materials. He created more complex explosives and learned how to manipulate them to do what he chose. His supervisors were impressed, and decided to test him and his creations on the battlefield. Akamatsu had never really thought of himself as a warrior, but he found himself to be oddly good at it. He liked to use his own creations and enjoyed learning sword techniques and stances to use against opponents. He took on one of the more challenging "katana wakizashi" combinations. And soon aftwe was appointed to a soldier position to accompany that of his previous one as a scientist.

His reward for recruitment was a horse by the name of Roku. This large brown stallion was thought to be one of the fastest in Japan. Akamatsu worked well with Roku, and they soon became an amazing team. Akamatsu was known as the best mounted soldier in the entire Tokugawa army. He rose through the ranks and was soon commanding forces of his own. He was incredibly loyal, and took pleasure in serving those who had accepted him. The first time he'd ever been accepted

[B]Final Thought[/B]: Strong. Loyal. Alone.

[B]Last Question[/B]: Just hope my my post is alright and isn't to late. I like feudal RP's and I'm looking forward to this one. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask as well.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=sienna][size=1]

Okay, now sign ups are over, completely, no more exceptions.

[B]Drake06[/B]: Your character cannot be ronin, so unless you change right away to a kingdom. Either choose Oda or Takeda. If you do not change, then you will not be in the RPG.

[B]x kakashi x:[/B] Although I was not expecting a fourth Tokugawa general, I will make an exception for your character. But, just so all know, not all Tokugawa warrios will be taking place in every Battle Chapter at the same time.

Now... [B]SIGN UPS CLOSED!!![/B][/color][/size]