OtakuBoards

What two characters would make the best opponents for a fight?

Guest I Love Yuki

Who would win in a battle of strength and power? Edward Elric or Kuwabara?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle of strength and power? Edward Elric or Kuwabara?

• Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
    • Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho)

I'd like to see Wolfwood from Trigun Vs. Beyond The Grave from Gungrave because Trigun and Gungrave were made by the same guy and it's a case of "The Giant Cross Weapon Vs. The Giant Coffin Weapon".
Also, Spike from Cowboy Bebop vs. Onizuka from GTO in a fist fight (no guns), these two have displayed great martial arts without any uberpowers so it would be interesting.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I think that Mugin and Kenshin should go one on one. It would be the battle of the greatest samurais in all of the anime world. Personally I think that Mugin would win against that 2nd rate samurai Kenshin[/COLOR].[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]For starters, Kenshin is not second rate! He's kicked so much *** without killling a soul. Watch the entire series and the Samurai X stuff and you'll see what I mean.

Secondly, I think a good match would be Kharl from Dragon Knights(manga) and Edward from FullMetal Alchemist. They're both skilled in alchemy, but I think that Kharl would win this one because Ed is just kinda slow when it comes to fighting. It would be a good match, though.

Also, another good match would be Squall Lionheart from Final Fantasy VIII and Luc from Suikoden III. Squall uses a weapon called a gunblade, where you can pull the trigger and shoot people while you cut them!! XD But Luc uses very powerful magic.I think Luc would win this one. Although he does use a staff, his magic would easily subdue Squall.[/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=slategray]Wow, that is the oddest fight matching I've ever seen. By the way, for future reference, you should put who you pick and why for better conversation. Welcome to the OB, anyway.

Alright, where was I? Oh, right... hmm... Edward against Kuwabara. As I said, interesting fight pairing. I honestly think that Edward would win. I mean, he has alchemy on his side, and Kuwabara just has his spirit sword. Even though Kuwabara has been lucky in some battles, against Edward, I don't think he could pull it off.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Edward wins hands down. Kuwabara isn't exactly the best fighter, usually relying on ideas that he gets as someone's coming down on him. Edward's not much better, but he has better resources. Kuwabara merely has his Spirit Sword and the less used Spirit Flyswatter. XD

Edward, on the other hand, has his alchemy, which he can use to create absolutely anything. He can make swords, shields, all kinds of stuff to defend and attack, whereas Kuwabara is limited to his sword. Edward Elric is da winna!![/FONT][/SIZE]

Guest ant007
[QUOTE=Tyler Koregaten]Who would win in a battle of strength and power, Edward Elric or Kuwabara?

Edward Elric(Fullmetal Alchemist)
Kuwabara(Yu Yu Hakusho)[/QUOTE]
yeah but kuwabara will kill edand his brother

Wow... lots of Ed votes but I think Kuwabara would win. If you've seen the whole series of YYH Kuwabara's spirit sword gets stronger and he becomes a better fighter.

So Ed has his alchemy, I think fighting S and A class demons would make Kuwabara more than ready for anything Ed can pull off.

Some of you said Ed is small and thus give him an advantage because he can move faster but metal weighs a lot and he's got quite a lot of it on his body.

Maybe Ed can transmute his arm into any kind of weapon, but Kuwabara can do the same thing with his spirit sword, if you remember he once turned it into a fly-swatter XD.

So in the end, my vote stays with Kuwabara.

Please its obvious. Ed would win with ease.

"Hi my name is Kuwabara and I have a shiny sword and can see ghost."
"Hi, I'm Ed, and i just sent a massive cannon ball towards you in mere seconds by just clapping my hands together and touching the ground."

Like i said right there, while Kuwabara has luck, and he can make his sword, I just dont think he could take on an alchemist. With the ability to transmute anything with a clap and a slap, i dont think Kuwabara would stand a chance. He may be able to see ghosts, but can he dodge a massive wall of spikes comming up from the floor, i think the highschool bully can not.

(psst, remember, its just my opinion.)

Listen you guys can keep fighting about or we can end it here Kuwabara is weak without his sword and Ed isnt.

Ed can killllllllllllllllllllllllll him in a HAND TO HAND fight.

Then with alchemy and spirits. Alchemy is stronger.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[quote name='Dagger']Jin would make a much more suitable opponent for Kenshin, in my opinion. Their fighting styles would mesh more smoothly... [/quote]
Totally agree about Jin and Kenshin, and about the spoiler you are right, he kind of said that.
Apart from these two i would love to watch naruto with airmaster in today's world among skyscrapers, it would be fun to watch these two fight i think :)

[SIZE=1]Jin VS Mugen Same anime and both have had little duels before but nothing serious. Both figthers are probably the best sword figthers in anime history next to some characters from RK And Samurai-X But both of them make a perfect pair. Mugen is lazy and reckless, Jin is very calm and at peace, Both of them are diffrent and if it was a serious fight it would be amazing.

As for Ed and Kuwabara.... Ed would wins hands down. Physical Strength? Ed has none? are you joking with me? have you ever watched him fight? He is very strong and he has alot of will power. Both of them are Hot Headed and Pig headed. They both are insane. Kuwabara has his sword and he gets much better over time but Ed has Alchemy. Its like saying Goku Would not beat Kenshin.... Its not fair. Ed can use long range attacks which isn't exactly fair. Kuwabara has his strenghts but nothing amazing he has to be at close range to attack or do anything.

[B]xmystic_silverx:[/B] Metal? Please man if you have ever watched the show you would know that its very very light weight and if you watch his movements he is very very quick and as for strenght? He is insane for his size. He is very strong just because he dose not have huge muscles dose not mean that he is not powerful. ED wins hands down man its simple as Lostcause said he can make anything ANYTHING.[/SIZE]