OtakuBoards

What two characters would make the best opponents for a fight?

Guest I Love Yuki

Who would win in a battle of strength and power? Edward Elric or Kuwabara?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle of strength and power? Edward Elric or Kuwabara?

• Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
    • Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Guest I Love Yuki
[FONT=Verdana][B][COLOR=Cyan]What 2 charaters would have the best fight if they fought :catgirl: [/COLOR] [/B] [/FONT]

Interesting thread...but I bet a mod'll come and kinda tell you that it should be more descriptive and your own opinion. Just a heads up!

The two characters I think that would make a good battle would be D from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (The second movie, not the first) and Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Both are good with swords and it would make an awesome battle to see a katana wielding bad a** going up against a blade wielding vampire. Sweetness!

>>Matt

PS: Read the rules please! Just helping out.

[COLOR=DarkRed]How cool! I've thought about things like this all the time, so i'll say some of my more interesting ideas.

[B]Spike (Cowboy Bebop) vs. Vash (Trigun)[/B]
Now this is assuming that Vash could [U]not[/U] use his "angel arm," for the sake of making it a fair fight. Simple all out gunfight between two excellent marksmen. It's really kind of hard to tell, i think, because if it were pure gun skill, i'd have to say Vash (having had potentially over [SPOILER]one hundred years[/SPOILER] to train his gun skills), but if it came down to hand to hand combat, i think Spike would win, with his "fluid" fighting style... Well what do you think?

[B]Alucard (Hellsing) vs. Diclonious (Lucy, or that other one with the [SPOILER]27 vectors[/SPOILER] from Elfen Lied)[/B]
I suppose i would say Alucard, since his armor piercing bullets wouls probably go through their vectors. That and he could transform and put them in an illusion or something, confusing them. Of course the diclonious (whichever it is) could use their arms to block, slice, etc. but ultimately Alucard would just regenerate. I think Alucard would win that fight.

I have other ideas, but mostly generic ninja/samurai kind of fights. To respond to Venge, well i haven't seen Samurai Champloo (not yet at least) so i can't make judgement there.[/COLOR]

how about Mugen and Kenshin when hes a manslayer? theyre both really good. now someone who wouldnt make a good fight, ANYONE from DB/Z/GT againsed ANYONE. by the time they got done screaming, their opponent would have fallen asleep...or left out of sheer annoyance...or could have just walked up and cheap-shotted him, which i would have done. OH! the sailor moon ppl do that too! ok, same goes for them too.

Lucy from Elfen Lied vs. either Ed or Roy from Fullmetal Alchemist. Alchemists seem to be able to tell when something changes in the air. (How else would they be able to tell how seemingly invisible attacks work and be able to dodge them?) They'd probably be able to sense the vectors too. I could see Ed loosing another limb in that fight and possibly Roy losing his first... but I think that the alchemist would out-wit and defeat the diclonious here.

Guts from Berserk vs. Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin. Strength and almost infinite stamina vs. pure speed. Kenshin would have to turn his blade to win this fight. Even then, Guts is still really fast and really skilled, even with that giant of a sword that he uses. This fight would go on for a while. I think that it would end when Kenshin gets the bright idea to try to block one of Guts' attacks and ends up with half a sword and big gaping cut from his shoulder all the way through his rib cage.

Saiyans can beat the crap out of any non-DBZ character. That's why they're not usually even considered for this sort of thing. What chance does Inuyasha have against a character that can blow up a planet with an energy ball from his hand? And that was towards the beginning of DBZ, when Vegeta was still relatively "weak".

[quote name='Twilight_Kioku']how about Mugen and Kenshin when hes a manslayer? theyre both really good.[/quote]
Jin would make a much more suitable opponent for Kenshin, in my opinion. Their fighting styles would mesh more smoothly--and besides, (major spoilers for the end of Samurai Champloo follow, so proceed with caution) [spoiler]by the final episode it's fairly clear that Jin is the stronger of the two. Granted, this could still be considered somewhat debatable... but he was the one who the scriptwriters chose to battle Kariya (which says a lot, I think). And if I remember correctly, Mugen indirectly implies that he has realized he cannot defeat Jin.[/spoiler]

As for Spike vs. Vash--well, I believe that Grave (from Gungrave) could beat both of them and still make it home in time for dinner. Actually, I think Spike vs. Brandon (Grave's human form--don't worry, that's not a spoiler) and Vash vs. Grave might work out pretty nicely. Especially since both Vash and Grave come from Yasuhiro Nightow anime.

~Dagger~

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Heh... It's interesting how about half of you have brought up Kenshin. Just thought I'd mention that.

Anyway, Jigglypuff could kick Goku's butt majorly... Ah, how I love fuzzballs.

Anywho, I'd say Hotohiri (Fushigi Yugi) vs. Koga (InuYasha) since they have BASICALLY the same skill level... Even from being from two totally different anime/mangas. But why would they ever fight? Just wondering.

Another thing I'd like to bring up (Involving Kenshin) is that I think the only sworsman better than Kenshin by great amounts is Hawkeye from One Piece. (In the manga, anyway. I don't watch the anime... Horrible dubs.)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I think that Nuriko and Ryoga would be an awesome fight! They are both really strong and it would be fun to see. I just wonder who would win. Does anyone have an opinion on that? If so tell me please. I like Ranma 1/2 better than Fushigi Yuugi, but I'm still now sure on who would win. Just give me your opinion okay? :catgirl:
Tan

[COLOR=Navy]An interesting topic indeed.

[B]Alucard vs. D:[/B] Take both vamps from the Hellsing & Vampire Hunter D universe and you're going to have one hell of a match (no pud intended). Both are equally skilled, and both are able to turn into their ultimate forms. Since both have regeneration abilities these guys would be fighting for another century.

[B]Captain Harlock vs. Cpt. Alex Row:[/B] These two are both ship captains of different ships in different eras. This would be a retro-futuristic battle.

[B]Jin vs. Kenshin:[/B] Both of these samurai's are quick, patient, and skilled. Kenshin leaves an opening though because he questions Jin's "out of era" glasses.

[B]Inuyasha vs. Kurosaki Ichigo:[/B] Both of these guys can be funny and serious at the same time. 2 big swords, 2 big egos, 1 pay-per-view event. This is quite an interesting match if you can imagine it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Dagger']Jin would make a much more suitable opponent for Kenshin, in my opinion. Their fighting styles would mesh more smoothly--and besides, (major spoilers for the end of Samurai Champloo follow, so proceed with caution)[/quote]

[B][COLOR=Navy]Best for Kenshin would be any of the guys from Peacemaker or Kyo.[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Dagger]][spoiler']Mugen indirectly implies that he has realized he cannot defeat Jin.[/spoiler][/quote]

[B][COLOR=Navy]I don't recall ever hearing that. Maybe an assumption by yourself, though its a good inference.[/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=Dagger]As for Spike vs. Vash--well, I believe that Grave (from Gungrave) could beat both of them and still make it home in time for dinner. Actually, I think Spike vs. Brandon (Grave's human form--don't worry, that's not a spoiler) and Vash vs. Grave might work out pretty nicely. Especially since both Vash and Grave come from Yasuhiro Nightow anime.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy][B]For Vash how about Alucard, bnoth immortal equal fight. Grave wouldn't be able to finish off Vash or Alucard that quick. And Spike versus Grave wouldn't be a fair fight but Brandon against Spike would.

My versus by keeping it equal I would pick Kenshiro from New Fist of the North Star against Onizuka.It might be a little unfair, a little.[/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='Jin][COLOR=Navy][B]For Vash how about Alucard, bnoth immortal equal fight.[/B'][/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]I've thought about this, but you would have to take away Alucard's powers, otherwise it would be insanely unfair (Alucard would just heal himself to any injury, and transform easily overpowering Vash).[/COLOR]

For the above, you can't rule out Vash so quickly. He HAS, after all,been in hopless situations and HAS found a course of action where, not only is his enemy unable to fight back, but in which no lives are lost. Although, from the other side of it, Alucard IS an incredibly powerful being, even for a Vampire, (though, truly, I don't know the extent of his powers, having only read the first two manga). Which makes me think... how would Vash react to coming face to face with a being who feeds off humans.
But I'm off topic
Susuka from Outlaw Star vs. Kenshin
Both have speed and power, and both wield usually non-lethal weapons. Unlike Kenshin, though, susuka has no qualms about killing.
Naraku from Inu-Yasha vs. Lust, from Full Metal Alchemist
Both are incredibly evil, and can manipulate the flesh. Both have allies(naraku and his incarnations and Lust with her other 6 deadly sins) actually, they'd make a nice, bloodchilling couple.

[quote name='Jin][B][COLOR=Navy]Best for Kenshin would be any of the guys from Peacemaker or Kyo.[/COLOR'][/B][/quote]
I can't speak for Kyo, but I don't think any of the characters in Peacemaker are even close to being Kenshin's equal. Okita and Saito are said to be the strongest swordsmen in the show (at least on the Shinsengumi side of things, that is). But Okita has [spoiler]tuberculosis, which makes him physically weak & unreliable.[/spoiler] Moreover, his fights never last nearly as long as Kenshin's, and it's difficult to assess the true extent of his abilities because he rarely goes up against opponents who are anywhere close to his true skill level. Saito isn't significantly better than Okita, so most of the same principles apply to him.

It would be interesting to see Peacemaker's Saito fight Kenshin's Saito, however.

[quote][B][COLOR=Navy]I don't recall ever hearing that. Maybe an assumption by yourself, though its a good inference.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
That's why I said it was an indirect implication. ;)

~Dagger~

I'd like to see Lucy (Elfen Lied) vs Chise (Saikano). Seeing as though they're both like ultimate weapons, you can only imagine the amount of chaos that could go down. Now I havent finished either series yet, but even after one volume, both seem obscenely strong.

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1][CENTER][b]Kenshin vs. Opponent X[/b][/CENTER]
[b]Kenshin:[/b] *preaches*
[b]Opponent X:[/b] *gets impatient, attacks*
[b]Kenshin:[/b] *gets hit, preaches*
[b]Kenshin/Opponent X:[/b] *attack*
[b]Random Kenshin friend:[/b] *explains Kenshin's attack*
[b]Kenshin:[/b] O noes! Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki = pwned!
[b]Opponent X:[/b] Hahaha!
[b]Kenshin:[/b] *preaches*
[b]Opponent X:[/b] O noes! My principles = pwned! *gives up, shakes Kenshin's hand*

THAT is why we should never pit Kenshin against anybody. Given the chance, he'll preach to Kanzeon Bosatsu herself!

Have [b]Kumiko Yamaguchi[/b] (Gokusen) and [b]Eikichi Onizuka[/b] (GTO) duke it out in some high school rooftop. Yep, with all their students in attendance. And since both teachers cannot be provoked easily, we could throw them to some desolate island, give them each a bag with a random weapon and let them kill each other Battle Royale-style.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]...we could throw them to some desolate island, give them each a bag with a random weapon and let them kill each other Battle Royale-style.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
Nice idea. Actually, you've inspired me--there are quite a few annoyingly pacifistic male leads who would benefit from such treatment, I think. Kenshin is one, of course; so is Vash, and Abel Nightroad (from Trinity Blood) basically fits into the same category, although he does kill under certain circumstances. Can anyone come up with other similar characters?

I'd like to see a fight between Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter) and Dr. Jackal (Get Backers), if only because they're both so sadistic.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...