OtakuBoards

banner

Doukeshi

what do folks think of this banner, I've just been playing around with styles.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23563&stc=1[/img]

[B]EDIT: Sorry, but could this post be deleted I was just testing something and I didn't realise I couldn't delete it myself. [/B]

The banner is an interesting attempt at trying to be "original" but I personally don't like the text you used. It's not really easy on the eyes and while it is able to be read it would probably look better a yellowish color or even a an off white similar to the other colors in the image instead of the black-purple it is right now.

The border is the other thing which I think you should redo. If you were trying to make it look real jaggedy try using some of the default brushes in photoshop to erase around the edges of the image.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]Everyone always criticises the text, I can never ever get the text right. I have no trouble reading it, prehpas it is the brightness on my monitor *shrugs*. Even though this was supposed to be deleted because it was actually for someone and I just wanted to see how it looked on the boards I suppose I'd better reply to your comments.

It is supposed to look like and ordinary banner that someone has gone at with a match or a lighter and has burned, hence the straight edges plus the more rounder 'burn' edges. Like I said, it was an experiment, I do have a batter version where i go rid of some of the pointier parts on the burns, however the text remains the same.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23693&stc=1[/img][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Justonius']I think that it is very cool. You have a lot of talent. I have a question: could you please see if you can do something for me? Mine is the Clone Trooper in Art by Request.[/quote]Please don't go in other threads and advertise your request. Be patient, and someone will come along. If you want someone in particular to help you out, you can always PM them.