OtakuBoards

Thumbnailer

r2vq

Hi, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, if so, please Mr. Moderator please feel free to move this.

I just took over two hundred pictures and I need a program or system that will convert them [i]all[/i] into thumbnails.

Because of time restraints, I don't want to go to photoshop and resize each image individually. Does anybody know of a program or method of doing this?

What do the artists here usually do/use?

Thanks ^^
-ArV

[SIZE=1]I'm not going to go searching, but search on Google for "Image Gallery Downloads" or something of the sort. I remember having the same problem, and having it dealt with by this program "Qdig" or something like that. Sorry I can't offer any more specifics. I do know that when you find it, you'll be a very happy person, as all you have to do is assign it a folder, and it will turn all the images in the assigned folder into thumbnails.[/SIZE]

Thanks Retribution. ^^

I'm downloading Qdig now, and if for some reason it doesn't work I know what kinds of things to search for.

The website says it's PHP does that mean it doesn't make the actual thumbnail images?

-ArV

Photoshop will do this for you automatically if you set it to.

You need to record an action. If you don't know how to... open up one of the files you want to resize and then open up the Actions Menu. Make a new action and press the play button. Resize the image how you want (I'd recommend using percentages if they're all different sizes... but if they're the same, just do the values you want normally). Go through this all the way to saving. Stop the action.

Then go under the File menu (I think) and choose the option that's something like "batch operation". You should be able to specify an entire folder of images and use that action you just made and apply it to everything inside of there. Just make sure you're putting it into a NEW folder and not the original one incase you mess something up.

It might take a few tries to get it right. I always find I mess up a setting or something along the way.