OtakuBoards

Jimi Hendrix

Ima

Who dose not know about him? A Man who needs no introduction. Jimi Hendrix dose not have a song I dislike. He is just amazing. You have to have respect for this man, Jimi was in my opinion the greatest Guitarist who ever lived and was only getting better.
There isnt really much to say about him since Jimi is impossible to describe in words.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]Call me crazy, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he was the best guitar player ever. For you never know in the future, what I can say is, he was the best of his time and will be remembered forever. Some of his songs I consider classics that go with the Beatles, Eagles, and even Elton John. His death also had an effect on his fame, I mean look at Elvis. It sadly, made both their careers skyrocket. But I guess I would consider, Jimi Hendrix, one of the greats. Just like Elvis Presley. [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

As you may notice I said in my opinion and even by the greatest guitar player in the world now days say Jimi Is the best. Is just amazing when he played you could tell he played for the love of the music and he is the first to ever bring a "Lazy" Type of guitar playing to the world and make it amazing. What I mean by "Lazy" is if you do listen to him in concert he gose off on his own and just starts to play never once have I heard a Hendrix song that was the same. Jimi changed the way the guitar was looked at forever. He sparked somthing that will always be around. And as time went on you could tell Jimi and the BOYS were getting better and I can almost bet if Jimi was around today many things would be diffrent. He is in the Online Dictionary and Websters has been debating whether to add him to the Printed Version that is how big he has influenced the world. Now there are so many other great guitar players and they are all the best at there own style, but none of them can add that touch like JImi could.

But as you said "You never know what the future will bring" But it seems as if the great guitar players are getting old or getting shot... DimeBag Darell Abbott for instance.
But as I have said there are still a handful of amazing guitarists around and I will continue to listen to them. I really do not listen to anything new. I hate All of those newer bands Simple Plan ect I really cannot say they have any "Great" Songs. And music is changing and I for one will continue to listen to Pink Floyd, The Clash, Ozzy, Metallica And all the others I have not named.

Jimi was such a trailblazer... I had heard of him for my whole life but never actually heard his music until early this year (I'm such a loser).

Ever since I've had Jimi in my life I've been striving to be more like him, as a guitarist that is. He had such an intimacy to his guitar licks... nothing crazy like AC/DC or Metallica solos or nothing... but it's almost sexual... seriously!

[size=1]I'd say he is definitely one of the greatests, along with another fabulous Jimmy and Eric Clapton. All them mofos know how to play the guitar.

The thing I love about Hendrix, though, is what somebody else already said - he never played the same song twice. Listening to his stuff is one thing. I mean, the guitar riffs are incredible and even though some of them seem to go on forever, they don't get tiring at all. His version of the Star Spangled Banner is so insanely awesome and is a great example of that. But if you ever get the chance to see an old video of him playing, do it, because the man is absolutely amazing to watch. He's just standing there, wailing on the guitar with his eyes closed, totally focused and in the zone. Nobody will ever look cooler with a guitar, I gaurantee you that.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]If someone is the best guitarist or not is completely based on opinion. Hendrix was an excellent guitarist, and i'll love his stuff untill the day i die, but he's not my favorite. My favorite guitarist of all time is certainly Jimmy Page. As previously mentioned, Hendrix, Page, and Clapton were a trifecta of power when it comes to old school guitar. My favorite new guitarist is John-5 though. He played with Manson for a while, then made a solo album Vertigo, which has stuff from metallic riffs, to bluegrass. Next fav being Tom Morello. The point is there are tons of guitarists, and even more fans, so a best guitarist is really impossible to say. However i do think Hendrix was great. One of the greats, and definately on my top five list of guitarists.[/COLOR]

As I have said it is my opinion and my opinion stands that Jimi is the greatest. I could name over 15 guitarists that are so amazing that you cannot help but like them but the fact of the matter is that Jimi played in a style of his own and no one will ever be able to play like him, sure you can play his toons but do you feel the music? Every guitarist has there own style but not many will be considered "Great" Jimi has his own style, Dime had his, Eric has his and the list can just go on. But Jimi brought a new style to the game as I said it was "Lazy" he played with every part of his body his feet, hands, teeth and he plays behind the back, he even uses the mic stand. The fact of the matter is that Jimi Hendrix is a legend and will never always be there to influence those who play guitar. By the way I am refering to Dimebag Darell Abbott(Dime)1966-2004