OtakuBoards

How do you want to go public?

Roxas

I wish to be known but i hate the the famous spot light. For me i want to be known aas a great driver and atlast be come the best drifter at least in america. Also be the leader of the best street/track team out there. But other then that I really rather have a well known garage. Both will take time and I need to find othere good drivers.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=#6699CC][b]When I want to go public, I'll stop posting on message boards and get to work.[/b]

I love the title for this thread--like everyone here is flying just under the radar; latent talent biding time before taking off and making it big. :)

I saw a quote once: [i]The best kind of fame is a writer's fame. Just enough to get a good table at a restaurant and not enough for someone to interrupt you while you are eating.[/i]

That being said, it's all about your field of expertise. You know, being the sort of person who would be sought out and quoted for a National Geographic article on your field of choice. You'd have an impressive title, enough prestige to be found--if someone looked you up--and probably a field that included you, your biggest rival, and your best friend. You know, "Josefin Herzgovina, the world's leading equatorial subaqatic ornithologist and Founder-President of the Tropical Swimbird Society..." [/font][/color]

[size=1][color=slategray]I'd say my writing. Right now I'm already pursuing that goal. I love to write, and I hardly do anything else anymore... well, besides read and stay on the computer. I've already gotten an award for my writing and I really hope it goes somewhere.
Another thing that always caught my interest was voice acting. You get to be heard, but you don't have to be seen. I love acting, but I don't think I'd want my face plastered everywhere if I was in some movie or live show. Voice actors get the luxury of coming in to work with nothing but pajamas on, you can look like crap and no one cares. Plus, your voice may be known, but not many people may know what you look like, so you are free to roam around without getting stopped by many people. Also, I am so tired of some of those poor actors that are sometimes in voice acting... if you are going to act, do it right. Don't read your lines like you are reading something at school out of a text book. Yeesh.
So, there you have it. If I were to ever "Go Public", that's what would happen.[/color][/size]

If anything, I'd probably be well known for my music.. simply because that's all that seems to occupy my mind when it comes to creative stuff.

Though right now, I'm only really working on a guitar, keyboard, microphone, and PC, so the results aren't spectacularly amazing, but still I have a short clip online, which can be found at [url="http://www.danlucking.velegant.com/storage/Nothingtolose.mp3"]http://www.danlucking.velegant.com/storage/Nothingtolose.mp3[/url]

Only thing is trying to motivate my mate Chris into learning the drums, and finding a few other people for a band :p.

But still, there are thousands of bands out there, and whether or not they make it big is pretty hit and miss, so I may well never be well known at all :p

[color=darkviolet]If I ever became famous for anything other than my multitude of annoying posts. I'd want it to be for writing. I have the seed of a novel on my hard drive and if I ever had the nerve and some more inspiration I'd want to write that and publish it.

Of course that may never happen because I don't know if I'll get around to it any time soon while the market for scandelous stories is at its peak. But if I do... I'll send all of you a copy.[/color]

Given how things are right now, I doubt I could ever become famous. Infamous, on the other hand, is a safer bet. It's been a while since since something other than Celebrity news or another one of "W"s' blunders made headlines, so I'd do something that would capture the nation's attention for months, or (better yet) years.

What that would be though...I have no friggen' clue.