OtakuBoards

How do you want to go public?

Roxas

Basically, I am asking how do you want make yourself known in the world, if at all.

I would like to be known, for my stories, art, and possibaly games that I make. Right now that isn't looking to good. My writing quality sucks, my art skills are, amazingly, getting worse, and gaming well let's just say I might end up working at some place that hosts D&D games. I dunno. But that's just life, and another thread.

So, tell us how you want to make yourself known to the world. Maybe a movie star, part of a band, or even politics.

[SIZE=1]If you're hinting at becoming famous, I don't want to. All the recognition is some sort of advertisement posted on billboards all over the highways of America designed by me. Either that, or be a semi-successful, part-time author. I don't want to become awesomely successful, as well as well-known by the general public. I'd be content with money and self-satisfaction.[/SIZE]

I can't say I'd like to be well known either. No matter what you do as a career to be famous they won't like you. Take Shigeru Miyamoto for example. He's the father of the Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Starfox, and many other Nintendo franchises. He's great but there are people who think he's seriously crazy.
Onto the the topic at hand. If I were to be known by the public I would want to be known for my art and stories. Something that distracts the audience from myself.
Just remember that once you're famous you're always going to be even after you die.

You can never make everyone happy at the same time, so just make yourself happy. Whenever i feel content with my work, then it is definitely the case that other people like it as well.
I would not want to be world-famous, yet i would like to be remembered as the story-teller of the town, touching children's hearts with the tales i tell, and even affecting their decisions on their future for good...

I'd like to make myself known, I've spent to long in the shadows, I want some well-needed recognition. Like, perhaps, the first Communist Dictator of Canada, or maybe just a member of Cabinate. I'd definatly like to go into some kind of politics, but I don't know where to start. I also might wan't to be an author, but I have a very short attention span so I lose interest in my stories in the second chapter. I don't really know what else I could do, I can't act (Though I'm the best in my school) can't do art (All I can do art-related is make Touques) but I know everything about history. I think that I would like to be a famous archeaologist, find what the Nazca lines mean, and prove that the Pyramids were built by aliens.

I will like to be recognized around the world as a high class fashion designer or hair stylist. If that doesn't work I might as well get my title as a doctor and be the one who discovers an alternative treatment to diabetes or cancer rather than insulin and chemo. If that doesn't work either I'll be the first woman President of Ecuador

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I'd like to be known for my singing, writing, and being the most outrageous female on the continent.XD I'll be the person you see on the stage with short, spiked, multicolored hair, the band made entirely out of cats with ear piercings, and an army boot on one foot with a red high heeled shoe on the other, with two different toe socks. THAT IS WANT I WANT TO BE!!! :D [/FONT] [/SIZE]

[QUOTE]ust remember that once you're famous you're always going to be even after you die.[/QUOTE]

And that my friend, is the key to immortality. In my mind at least, lol.

I would want to be known for my stories, and only that. I am going to come out and say it that I think my writing is pretty dang good. I've been writing since I was about 7 years old. I have gone from the little ole' stories concerning things all ready created (such as DBZ, Star Wars, etc...) to writing things my own. Naturally I draw inspiration from other things, but I try and keep it myself as much as possible. I've been given many a comments concerning my writing from teacher who wish that someday they will read a book by me. *shrug*

I'd like to be relatively obscure for most of my life, and then die a really cool, bizarre death, after which anything I've done goes into the public spotlight. Then I'll be famous, but I won't have to deal with all of the crap that comes along with it. That seems pretty ideal, to me.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]'I wanna be famous but I don't.'
Either way you slice it you're going to catch guff from reporters, the media, everyone. So..If you're famous, why not enjoy it? Then while you have the millions and such you can laugh at everyone else because they don't. Sure it sounds mean but when people give you crap for every little thing you do then you should have the right to brag. Anyways, I wanna 'go into public' as a professional videogame player! Yes. Not a writer, not an artist, not a movie star, not a sports-star...Everyone wants to be that and I don't conform! XD
Yes, thats how I want to go into public...Playing videogames for a living, because lets face it folks; you'll be rich but not very famous...And if I'm catching everyones vibes right, thats what it seems like everyone wants. To be rich, not famous.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#737373]If I were to become famous, I'd rather it be in a specific field, rather than "generally famous". That way you can enjoy it in a more isolated way...you aren't going to have your life turned upside-down by the media or anything.

But that's only if I were to become famous. Would I want to? I don't know. I'd be [i]more[/i] happy to actually do something that I really enjoy, whether or not fame is associated with that. If I did achieve fame, I'd rather it was due to something I'd created.

In terms of being remembered...I think that I'd want the people close to me to remember me for the type of person I am. And if I were famous, I guess I'd want to be remembered for having made something (a site, a game, a movie, a toy) that brings fun to people in some form. I really have no idea what kind of thing it would be, but I really love the idea of making things that people have fun using. That's why web design is really rewarding sometimes.[/color]

I'm one of those guys that get annoyed when five of his friends show up at his house unexpected. I also become equally annoyed when groups of people that I don't know recognize me and decide to follow me around and chat. I love my privacy, and I don't like hanging around a lot of people if I can help it. How do you think that I'd feel if I became famous? I wouldn't be going out without a disguise, that's for sure.

But if my career choice were to inevitibly lead me to fame, I'd want to be known as the politician that brought common sense back to the country. To the courts and the endless opportunities that they present to the common man to rip others off, to the people and their apathy to their own rights, and to our government and their gradual progression towards becoming a fascist nation. (for lack of a better way to put it)

[color=darkslateblue] I would like to become famous in a certain area, but not moviestar/singer famous where everyone on the planet knows you (i.e. Britney Spears, Tom Hanks). Not famous in a 'omg let me take your picture' way, just so that people that are interested in that certain area know who you are and respect your work.

Ideally, the only area I'd ever want to be famous in is either literature for writing (i.e. Jonathan Safran Foer. Most people don't know him, but people who are interested in novels will definately know him and many respect him/worship him [like me]) or in the news business for being a good news reporter (REPORTER, not achor). :)[/color]

[color=#9933ff]I'm surprised that some of you are very interested in politics. I'd have to say I am, too.

I want to be the first woman preisdent of America (screw Hillary - I don't like her [personal preference - yell at me in a PM, not here]). Yes, that is what I want to do. I want to do all that I can to be an uncorrupt politician and work on the issues that really matter to people. I want to be a politician who wil take an interest in the welfare of seniors and someone who actually keeps a promise to fund education. My mother is a teacher and it is my strong belief that education is one of the strongest tools you can have - it's a shame that some states *ahem - the south* have incredibly poor education, and as president, if they let me, I would love to do something to fix education - even something simple like adult literacy rates - in those states (NCLB is total crap - any teacher with a brain knows that).

Thinking outside the US, I want to improve relations with other countries (except France - maybe I'll nuke them? [j/k]) and stop being a global bully. I want the USA to be a good name in other countries - not something they hate. I'll actually take interest in helping places like Sudan (or the modern day equivalent in the future), but also be bold enough to try and stop some of the retarded nations, along with help from allies, either diplomatically, or militarily (North Korea comes to mind).

To start my career in politics, I plan to work my way up the ladder in New Jersey politics, doing good for the people and fixing the corruption (which I'm positive will still exist) in the state. And then I'll run for presidency.

But before I become a politician, I want to work with the environment, and do something to help it out - work with endangered species, lobby (see - politics!) to save our air quality, or do something big to help save the rainforest. But I don't want to be known for that - I want it to be my own self-satisfaction.

So, what I really want to be famous for is as the President of the United States of America. Besides, then I can put down "Leader of a Nation of Idiots" as my job title. Wouldn't that be cool? =D[/color]

I really wouldn't want to be famous.
I never really did like most people, especilally those who come from a fan following. (ie: The ones who love you one minute then leave you when the next new thing arrives. The same goes for the opposite, the obseesed folower wanting to get your hair.)
If I were to be known, it be as a musician, composer, or conducter. You don't get crazy people following you with those. Too. I'd liek to be an author, but I'd probably create a pen-name and put down that I live in Russia, so people wouldn't find me.

[font=tahoma]Well, I wouldn't want to be "famous". More of being well-known and well-thought of. I have this aspect of becoming a manga artist that resides in America, and creates manga in the traditional Japanese style. You know, when you look at some manga that is written by Americans, it reads like (and looks like) an American drew/wrote it. I don't want to be that. I want to make my drawing style, and writing style, actually look as if it came straight from a true, professional manga artist.

It is a far-fetched dream of mine, but it's one that I'd like to at least give a shot. I want people to look at my manga/art and say "Wow, she's an American? I could have sworn.."

So take that, Zazuba! >:p (I love you, hun ^_^; )[/font]

I'm not interested in going public at all. I would rather be very successful with out any of the problems that come with being famous. If I were to go public so to speak I would want it to be as a writer. Yet even then I would like it to be like it is here at Otaku. You may write a revew or do wallpapers or other such things, but people only know you by your user name, thus you get to be published and share your work with others and still keep your privacy at the same time. I know if I ever get any books published it will definately be under a pen name and not my real one.

[QUOTE=Box Hoy]
Just remember that once you're famous you're always going to be even after you die.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]This is actually not true. Ever hear of one hit wonders? Not all fame stays forever. Sometimes people can be famous for awhile and slowly fade out. Its only those that keep up with trends or make something truely unique that actually make it.

[quote name='Shinmaru']I'd like to be relatively obscure for most of my life, and then die a really cool, bizarre death, after which anything I've done goes into the public spotlight. Then I'll be famous, but I won't have to deal with all of the crap that comes along with it. That seems pretty ideal, to me.[/quote]

Now that would be awesome..

As for me, I would never want to be world-wide famous. At first, the glamour of it seems enticing, but imagine not being able to leave your house or go restaraunt without a camera flashing at you? Not fun! I know it sounds common...but I'd love to some day, write my own book, direct my own movie of it, and maybe star in it. Hey you never know! I'm up for playing any role really. Acting is something that really inspires me, I'd like to get more into it.

[quote name='SunfallE']I'm not interested in going public at all. I would rather be very successful with out any of the problems that come with being famous. If I were to go public so to speak I would want it to be as a writer. Yet even then I would like it to be like it is here at Otaku. You may write a revew or do wallpapers or other such things, but people only know you by your user name, thus you get to be published and share your work with others and still keep your privacy at the same time. I know if I ever get any books published it will definately be under a pen name and not my real one.[/quote]

I would use a pen name as well, I just need to come up with one lol. Thats the good thing about becoming an author. No one can know your real name if you don't want them too.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Whoa! Alright sorry I wasn't hear for a while, but something unexpected happened. Otherwise thanks for stating your opinions on this. I can understand all of what you are saying. I really don't care for going to famous, but it would be kinda nice. I would just have to go into hiding or something like that.

Like Pumpkin said, a pen name maybe. I have one, my username, just so long as it would last long enough then I might have to change if it to many people here find out. Maybe my old username would work, and no not Phayt.

I wouldn't mind being famous amongst a select group of people versus famous amongst the masses. The very best example I can think of is my own grandfather. He was a award-winning, published senryuu author. Among the senryuu world he was really well known and respected. But to the general public he was just another person. He made a living off of his writing, had fame and respect from those in the industry but could live a normal everyday life. That is what I would love. I would like to be known for my writing by name but otherwise just be a normal person.

Then again, there is always what Shin said...perhaps I will be most well known for a bizarre death. Freak drinking straw accident, beat to death by the Burger King, or better yet -- mauled by a giant panda! That would totally rock if I could win a spot in the Darwin Awards book!

Well I used to want to be famous, but I've decided I really don't. Why? Because quite simply, the media would drive me nuts. I'd be one of those really scary famous people who go all nuts on the reporters and photographers, and they'd all run for their lives as I chased them down the streets laughing maniacally. Yeah. I have that big of a problem with people invading my personal life.

Not that that wouldn't be funny. Because I'd enjoy seeing that on television. Really I would. :animesmil

But I've always wanted to be remembered after I died. That's probably just human nature. So. What would I want to be remembered for?

Well I've always had a passion for writing. So I've always wanted to be an author. But I would never use my real name. I'd use a pen name, and listen to everyone try and figure out where I'm from and what I look like. That would be amusing.

I also think it would be cool to be a stand-up comedian. I don't really think I could do it, but it would be pretty neat to be known for that. My friends always say I'm funny enough, but sadly everything funny that I do is unplanned. So that would never work. Ah well.