OtakuBoards

What types of roleplays interest you?

Clone Trooper

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Garamond]Ok, I've been thinking about making my own role playing thread...All the current ones seem to have too many people posting already, and I don't like to intrude on things. '._. So anyone who feels like joining in, please tell me what kind of thread you'de like it to be. I would greatly appreciate any sort of positive feedback. If no one respondes...I just won't make the darned thing. This is a quick edit: I hope I didn't offend anyone with the use of 'darned'...You can never tell who'll be offended by what these days.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]I've merged these two threads, as they basically ask the same question and serve similar purposes. If either one of you two (who made the original two threads above this post) have any questions or problems, you can throw me a PM or IM me.

[/font] [center][font=Trebuchet MS][size=1]to actually answer your questions...

[/size][/font] [left][font=Trebuchet MS][b]Clone Trooper:[/b] I'm not particularly interested in a Star Wars roleplay myself. The whole franchise is becoming a little overplayed to me... I don't really know how to describe it, but roleplaying in the Star Wars universe just doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason.

[b]Zhara: [/b]Roleplays that interest me tend to be dark, fantasy, sci-fi, or some combination of those three. I'm bound to join something else if the idea is well thought-out, though. I think what really matters is that you make a roleplay deep and... [i]interesting, [/i]for lack of a better word. The genre you choose can have any effect, so just do what you wish.
[/font][/left]
[/center]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Garamond]Go to my myotaku page and read my essay if you like dark stuff. It's pretty AWESOME. Maybe I could do one like that?

And it took me FOREVER to figure out where my thread had gone... '._.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I like RPG's that give dig out charactor traits. It makes it more humorous, or when something tragic happens you can feel sorry for them, even if they're not real. But I suppose thats more up to the people who signed on than it is up to the person who created the RPG.
On that note I'll make a comment that the creator has to think about: I like RPGs where there is a determined plot, but at the same time its flexible enough to have charactors do something that wasn't originally thought of, adding on it more things that happen, enriching it, and making a better RPG.
As for the Star Wars, no, I wouldn't mind. Unlke Bio, I haven't grown bored of Star Wars just yet. I would liek a Star Wars RPG where the players are Clones. Especially if its in the time fraim of "Opperation 66" (if you've seen Episode III, you know what I mean.)

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Garamond]I came up with a great idea on my camping trip!

Set post-WWIII (Around 2045), where technology has become obsolete. In its place is the ability to use "Magecraft", in other words, the ability to twist the elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Air) or Light, Dark, Spirit, and Body were granted to some people. Of course, any combination of the above can also be used.

WWIII began when North Korea launched nuclear bombs on the major cities of the USA; New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Seattle. Then they bombed Germany and England. We once again formed the Allied forces, but slightly different this time. Former allies fought against us, and former enemies fought with us. That's probably as in depth as I'll get as far as WWIII goes, if someone else could make something up, that'd be great.

My character's name would be Kitten Baranski. Her parents were pre-WWIII emigrants to America (where she was born) from Russia. They wanted her to be the ultimate American girl, causing her to be slightly spoiled.

They both fought for the Allied Forces, and both died. She is now the captain of a ship that hunts pirates, and she''s a Fire and Body Crafter.

More will be added eventually, but tell me what you think![/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=gray][size=1]If you'd do anything around World War III, I'd recommend doing it [i]after[/i] the war. Would leave the world in a wrecked state and the climates would have been twisted. This because there would be more dept in the story than "a world on which second world war rages again, but with more advanced stuff and some parties that went over to the other side". And this way you also have more storyline to give. You could give the whole background story of the War.
Also I'd recommend (if you're going to use that magecraft stuff) that the few people who know how to use it wouldn't be the main characters, but whole other people. Giving the playable characters uber powers unless every single one on the planet has them, is quite cheesy. That would make it more likely a superhero comic book.[/color][/size]