Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hi all! I'm looking for a copy of (what I believe is) the oldest known anime still in existence:

Obasuteyama ("The Mountain Where Old Women Are Abandoned")
by: Sanae Yamamoto, 1924

I would be overjoyed to find it in any format whatsoever: avi, divx, mpeg, .torrent, whatever! Thanks for your time,

Paul
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]Linking to torrents and/or illegal downloads of copyrighted material is strictly against OB's Rules, but someone may be able to point you in the right direction with regards to finding it on DVD or something.[/COLOR]
Posted
Even if the request is illegal, I find the subject matter itself very interesting.

I never really thought about it, but I always assumed Osamu Tezuka made the first Japanese animation. It's very interesting to learn about Yamamoto. Sorry I don't have any copy of it though.

It'd be interesting to watch a Japanese silent Anime.

-ArV
Posted
The title you are asking about is no longer in print, so I doubt you'll be able to find it in any sort of illegal or dvd format for that matter. Your best bit would be able to find a film collector and even in that case chances are the person will not give up the prints to that film even for a viewing.
Posted
Oh my god! Ive been hoping that there would be an anime about this story for months now and there is! I doubt that you could find it anywhere, though. Im sure animenewsnetwork.com could help.

Was there even anime back then?
Posted
[COLOR=Navy]On a certain foreign site they sell this anime on a Japanese VCD. I own it and it's a "legit" copy. I would pm you the website but I can't recall the web address. All I remember about the shop was that it was a shop for importers.[/COLOR] :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...