OtakuBoards

Underatted and overated animes

Roflocopter

[QUOTE=Lady Katana][color=darkblue]I, personally, think it's a bit strong to say that the Dragon Ball series was trash. It fit the genre it was supposed to: a shounen fighting anime/manga. True, it's gotten way more than enough credit for what it is, but as was said, it was/is loved by several million fans worldwide, even if it is guys screaming and beating each other to death for 25 minutes with a dash of plot added for good measure.

Anyway, getting back to the topic, there are several shows nowadays that are starting to get a bit overrated, Inu-Yasha being the main culprit. Don't get me wrong, I like the series to an extent, but there's only so long one can stand a plotline of:

Good guys: We have jewel shards! Yaysness!

Naraku: I will steal these now with an evil incarnation and/or bad guy troop! *does so and goes into hiding for 30 episodes*

Good guys: Oh noes! :< We must find him and get them back! *chase*

Repeat. Add in a few filler arcs, some random characters and there ya go.

While one aspect of it's fame may be due to the fact that it's by Rumiko Takahashi (who I do have a lot of respect for,) there are some that just take it to a level that's...let's say "annoying."

On the other side of the spectrum, I agree that Paranoia Agent isn't getting enough credit, as well as Haibane Renmei, Magical Shopping Arcade: Abenobashi and a few others. I'm not saying that they're the be all and end all of good anime; there are some aspects of them I don't like. But that's not to say that they should be overlooked, as they're just as good as the well-known stuff, if not better.[/color][/QUOTE]

i feel betrayed, inuyasha is a little overated, i will admit that, but but its almost like the dragon ball philosophy u said, millions of people over the globe love it, so it will still be on, whenever and where ever,
now, for another overated show, one piece. ouch, oh, the only thing that keeps the series going is me wanting to c the last boss he has to fight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic