OtakuBoards

Anime Conventions: 2005

Roxie Faye

[color=#9933ff]I'm not real big on knowing all the anime conventions in foreverness, but I do know there's a couple this summer.

Anime Next is going on today, tomorrow and Sunday. Anime Expo is the 4th thrugh the 6th of July, I believe. And Otacon (which I can't go to - blegh ><) is sometime in August. Big Apple Anime Fest I heard was closed this year, too, am I hearing it right?

Which anime conventions will you be going to this year? Will it be your first time, or have you been there before? And, are there any conventions am I missing on this short list that you're attending? (And, of course, the last question: Are you cosplaying?)

I'm going to AnimeNext tomorrow, and I guess you could say I'm a bit like a man woman running around trying to finish her costume in time (x_x - I probably shouldn't even be posting now). I'm very excited about it, and I'm sure it will be lots and lots of fun.

But that's enough about me. Tell me what cons you're going to, and if it's Anime Next, for goodness sakes, say so (maybe we can meet up?)![/color]

Toronto had AnimeNorth at the end of May. I have pictures too. ^^

The next Anime convention in Toronto will be CNAnime. It's a mix of the Anime convention, Comic book convention, Horror convention, Sci Fi convention, and Video Game convention.
This year some notable guests are Jhonen Vasquez, and Elijah Wood.

A suggestion, if you're going to list a convention, maybe mention what city it's in.

-ArV

[COLOR=Blue]Hey there. I'm looking forward to thie summer's Otakon, one of the biggest anime cons on the east coast. It's every summer in Baltimore, Maryland, and I've been going since 2000. The convention center is huge, and there is so much to do and see. It's more than just a dealers room. There are speical musical guests, veiwing rooms, art show, model workshops, and much more than that. I've had a lot of good times at Otakon, and this year looks as just as good. Has anyone been to Otakon? What did you like about it? Is there anyone that is going this year?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]I am hoping that I can make it to Anime Iowa, which takes place in Des Moines, Iowa on September 9-11th. They used to have it in late August in Cedar Rapids... but just last year they started changing times and places. It makes it a tad more difficult for me, because when they used to have it in Cedar Rapids, I'd be visiting my father at that time anyway, and he'd always take me. Now I think I'd interfere with school. Eh.
But, I've been to Anime Iowa at least three years, each year wonderful. It's always fun to look at all the costumes people cook up, and meet new people. Anime Iowa has always had a marvelous Dealer's Room, I could always find what I wanted. I remember about two years ago they had a little thing where people could submit music video they created. It was fun to watch them, they had some really good ones.
Ah, but if you live in Iowa and find the time, I'd highly suggest you go to Anime Iowa. You'll have a blast.[/color][/size]

Ah, good, I was going to start a topic just like this lol. Nice work, Roxie. :)

Anime Expo takes place in Anaheim, CA from July 1st to July 4th, by the way. I live about a half hour or so from the Anaheim Convention Center, so it's not a big problem for me to go. I had a hell of a time last year, and I'm expecting to have an even better time this year. Not only because I'll actually know my way around the place this time, but I'll be going for two days instead of only one (July 2nd and July 3rd). I didn't see nearly all of what AX had to offer last year, so I'll hopefully have a more complete experience this year.

I'm planning on meeting up with OtakuSennen like I did last year. We'd originally planned to have a rather large group this year, but it's slowly dwindled down to only the two of us lol. Oh well. We'll still have a good time, because there won't be that awkward 'first time meeting' feel to everything. :p

[FONT=Tahoma][color=#666666]I'm going to be attending JAFAX in Allendale, Michigan. It takes place June 25-26 and is the first anime convention I've ever attended. Its probably the only convention I'll get to attend(unless I somehow, someday, scrounge up some cash to get plane tickets or to pay for gas money or something). So far I'm the only one who I know who's going. I might take my friend Alexa, but I haven't yet called her to ask >>

I haven't checked JAFAX's website to see what guests will be there so at the moment, there aren't any guests I'm looking forward to seeing, hehe.

Since this is my first year going to JAFAX I really don't know all what to expect(or much of what they have to offer). If anyone else happens to be going, it'd be great to meet up ^^.[/FONT][/color]