OtakuBoards

Can you Tell me how to get to Seaseme Street?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]Okay I know lame thread *shoots thread* But I couldn't help myself. I have a 9 month old and I watch the show. I love how they haven't changed Oscar the Gouch in years. He's my favorite character. Always so grouchy yet he's allowed on a kids show. I always wanted MtV to use him and Barney in Mtv celebraty death match. But that's another thread all together.

I wish they hadn't changed the thunder and lightnig to balloons and confeti with The Count though. I loved how there would be thunder and lightning when he got the number of the day. I wonder if parents just started to complain and that's why they stopped doing the lightning. But I thought it was cool. I even tried to make it happen and was dissapointed when I couldn't.

I'm glad that they got rid of Guy Smiley and his game show. But I still liked him doing '[b]this is your life[/b]. Yes I'm old. I even remember when they had Hooper's Store with Mr. Hooper.

So I'm wondering who watched or is still watching Seaseme Street. And what were or are your favorite characters. And don't lie and say you don't watch it because I'm sure that there are people here who still watch it. Maybe you should say who your least favorite characters were too and what you remember about it.

Just don't kill me because of the thread. I never saw it before and I wanted to do a new one.[/color]

[size=1][color=slategray]I used to watch Seaseme Street when I was younger. We didn't have cable, so I used to watch that and Barney a lot when I was about three or something. But I loved it.
For some reason I always liked Big Bird. Probably because of the bright color. Ha ha.
I actually haven't seen it for awhile, maybe I can find out when it's on and check out an episode for old times sake.
Even if people don't like to admit it, 4 out of 5 people watched Seaseme Street or related show when they were little.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]Actually I think this is a pretty interesting thread. I haven't seen seasame street since I was a little kid, well actually awhile ago since my nephew watches it. It's just not the same. I could never stand Elmo, I never got what he was always so happy about. I loved Grover and how he would scream and run all over the place. That and the Cookie Monster was my favorite.

I heard they got rid of Bert and Ernie? Don't know if thats true or not, or the fact that they can't be "roomates" anymore. It's kind of fun to see how your old shows as a kid has changed. But I never watched it that much. I was too hooked on the muppets and Mr. Rogers for some reason. Beats me. [/b][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"] I could never stand Elmo, I never got what he was always so happy about. I loved Grover and how he would scream and run all over the place. That and the Cookie Monster was my favorite.

I heard they got rid of Bert and Ernie? Don't know if thats true or not, or the fact that they can't be "roomates" anymore. It's kind of fun to see how your old shows as a kid has changed. But I never watched it that much. I was too hooked on the muppets and Mr. Rogers for some reason. Beats me. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I think Elmo's so happy all the time because PBS give him an ungodly ammount of Paxil and other anti0-depressants before each show. That's why he can even go talk to Oscar the Grouch without chewing him out.

I miss Grover and Cookie monster. They don't appear as much as they used to. And yes, Bert and Ernie have been evicted from Seaseme Street. Their unibrows used to scare me. However, Ernie still appears in the show when Big Bird does '[i][b]Journey to Ernie[/i][/b] And I have seen Bert once or twice. But he doesn't do the Pidgeon dance as much as he once did. :bawl:

It's odd that something that didn't bother or register on people's minds 30 years ago strikes a nerve now. I never even considered Bert and Ernie to be anything but friends when I was the targeted age of the show.[/color]

[Color=DarkBlue][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']I think Elmo's so happy all the time because PBS give him an ungodly ammount of Paxil and other anti0-depressants before each show.[/color][/quote]

Either that, or they really hype him up on caffine. I kinda pitty the poor guy. They probably do unethical things to his manhood to keep his voice up.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']It's odd that something that didn't bother or register on people's minds 30 years ago strikes a nerve now.[/color][/quote]

That's the American government for you, that's them.

I love, and still do to this day, The Count. When I was younger, I got a star in Kindergarten for doing a personation of him. *poses*

No, actually CHW, I'm a loser for remebering that.[/color]

[size=1][color=slategray]Ha, you know... speaking of Elmo... I have a t-shirt with him on it. He's in these blue pajamas and he's sitting on the moon, yawning. I think it's the cutest shirt I own. XD IT EVEN GLOWS IN THE DARK. How cool is that. So... if you ever get lonely at night... you can just wear it and then look under the covers... ah, on second thought... that's kind of scary. >> But I wear it a lot to school, and the 6th graders always laugh at me. So, I told them, "Hey, Elmo is cooler than you'll ever be." And it's so true. Those losers.
Doesn't Elmo have his own show now? I know he did a few years ago, my little brother would watch it sometimes. Like, Elmo's Wonderful World or something... I don't know. But that show seemed kind of trippy to have kids watching it. I remember telling my dad that at some point.

They seriously got rid of Bert and Ernie? Oh, what fun is that? They needed a good homosexual couple on there. Now they are just made fun of on a lot of adult cartoon shows. Sad days for Bert and Ernie.

I still love that Cookie Monster song.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/cookiemonster.bmp[/IMG]

Beat that....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/cookiemonsterjersey.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/cookiemonstershirt.jpg[/IMG]

And you know you want those shirts....[/color][/size]

It's only been three years since I've seen Sesame Street. I used to watch it every morning before school. I remember, because after Elmo's World I had to wake my brother up so he could go eat breakfast. That's the only part I ever liked anyway. It was before 7 in the morning so I had to do something without falling asleep. (We had no alarm clock). I would flip through every channel until 10 minutes til and then turn to watch Elmo's World. Mr. Noodle was the best part about it. And for some odd reason I really liked Dorothy, his fish, a lot.

When I was smaller, I watch the show, about as much as I watched music videos now. None. I stuck to real cartoons, not sweaty men dressed in giant purple and yellow suits or with puppets on their hands.

Well on the dave chappelle show he goes:

Person: Oscar, you're a grouch.
Oscar: B*TCH! I LIVE IN A ******** TRASH CAN!

Yeah I thought it was pretty funny.

And then there's Gangster Sesame Street:

[img]http://picture.funnyjunk.com/pics/0135.jpg[/img]

Yeah I used to watch that all the time, pretend I was count dracula :/