Scary, huh?

Guest Erriku

Guest Erriku
[B][CENTER]Has anyone ever scared themselves to where:[/CENTER]

-They look around the curtain while taking a shower

-Stay up all night because they dont wanna close your eyes

-look over thier shoulder while everything is quiet

-sings to them self when theyre scared

[right]I have friends that do, and i do the last two middle things...[/RIGHT][/B]

[size=1]You'd be surprised how scared you can become while under the influence of mind altering things.
As for simple reality, that's scary enough as it is.

Growing up in a neighborhood that was far from the best, I've developed the automatic act of always looking over my shoulder no matter what time of day it is. It's something that just gets drilled into your normal behavior pattern when, during the night, there are drive by shooting on your block.
As for the rest, I'm sure I've done them at some point or another. Especially the singing one. It's surprising how calming a bit of Mozart can be at times.

EDIT- If the above segment doesn't make sense, it's because the original topic was changed.[/size]

Guest Erriku
[B][COLOR=DimGray]EDIT-sorry bout my retarted frined messed it up (hes not really retarted)

That happens to me all the time, like as if im being watched constantly...
I have that mind altering state thing going on... its friggen creepy...[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Erriku]Edit:I fixed it...
[B]Wow ,youre very inulectual, like me...[/B][/QUOTE]

Erriku, double posts are not allowed on the OtakuBoards. If you need to add something to a thread directly after you have posted please use the Edit button and add it to the last post you made. Because of this rule I deleted the post that contained the above post. I also suggest you try to add a bit more substance to your post when starting a new thread as to what direction you would like the conversation to progress. Having a beginning post which could be answered by a simple yes or no is not a good start.

If you have questions about post quality feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators on the board. Thanks!

On Topic: Some the things you listed could be also be considered to be paranoia. To me being scared would be things like the fear of falling as you are clinging to the side of a rocky cliff or having a guy with a gun holding up the store you are in. Thinking someone is outside of your shower or looking over your shoulder is more paranoid than scared in my book.

Then again if the person in question is "self-medicating" then they have an entire different set of issues going on than just being "scared". :animestun

[color=#6699cc]I live in whhat would best be described as "rural suburbs," (there's a brand-new subdivision to the south, a city park to the west and north, and a cornfield to the east), so there are quite a few animals gallavanting about.

Ever since I first saw a coyote out here, I get nervous opening the garage door. I'm convinced there's going to be a snarling animal on the other side. Silly, I know. ^_^;

I do get a little freaked out at night, too. Sometimes everything's wonderful, and I could fall asleep outside in the hammock. Sometimes I see monsters in the shadows and hide under my covers so they can't get me. *laughs*[/color]

It's sad really,I get scared really easily, whaaaaa! It's not fair! I never walk alone at night, I never leave my house unless i'm going with someone, I lock my windows, I have a guard cat and I always think people are talking about me, following me or looking at me. :animeshy: :animecry: :animecry: :catgirl: :animeswea

Ever since I babysat that kid... Hell spawnish. I can't go 10 seconds without looking over my shoulder. Makes for hell when your trying to watch a movie.

Other than that, when it's really dark and I go to turn on a light , there is always that flicker of fear that, when I turn on this light, a horde of Zombies will be standing around me, or some dude with a chainsaw, or Buckley's Caugh Syrup... Scary stuff.

Public Service Announcement: Beating Resident Evil on super-hard mode at 12:30 in pitch dark while it's thundering out is a BAD idea if you plan to remain sane!

[font=arial][size=1][color=darkorchid]I know I'm paranoid. I can't sleep alone with the light off. It hurts my eyes, even though they're closed, but I can't stand to be in complete darkness. My mind always convinces me that something scary/deadly will happen if the light is off, and I know that's not true because I used to be able to sleep with it off, even if the whole house was dark and asleep late at night. A sudden interest I had in cryptozoology caused me to start leaving the light on. Reading about scary things, such as Spring Heeled Jack, the New Jersey Devil (and a whole lot of other paranormal things in New Jersey, such read from the Weird NJ website), a skunk ape supposedly seen in my own state, and more. I also had an hour or two of looking at pictures of "ghosts" when I was 10 years old, and that gave me a whole month of sleepless nights in my own bedroom. I had to take refuge by my parents' bedside. I also thought the shadow of my TV, VCR, Nintendo, and all the wires behind it were the silhouette of a one armed long haired ghost, and that scared me for a while because I was too stupid to figure out what it actually was. One other time, I was the only one awake and I heard this eerie noise, something like "Oohoohoohoo...ooohooohoo" and I was so scared I started to cry. I yelled out to my mom, who was all the way across the hall, and she said it was just my dad having a bad dream. That was a HUGE RELIEF. I try to convince myself that ghosts and cryptozoophagous creatures don't exist in this world, and they can't get me, but that's no good. My mind still convinces me that there are other presences following me, even though there's not. My dad whines that I'm 14, I should be able to sleep with the light and TV off, but I can't. I can't help that I'm paranoid.
Another reason I sleep with my light and TV on is that I'm scared to death that someone might try to break into my bedroom. I've thought about it lots of times, what I'd do if I heard someone jump over the wall leading into my courtyard, landing in the pebbles, breathing silently...frankly, I think I'd be scared out of my mind and I'd run straight to my parents. Maybe lock the door and close it before I left. I really don't think this is going to happen, because a) my house is well protected and hidden behind a big wall, and b) I live in a very good neighborhood, and a cul-de-sac.
Now, for things that DO happen that make me anxious: thunderstorms.
If there's a hurricane supposed to hit the next day, or thunder booming outside my window, and it's not late enough to run to my parents' room, then I have to camp out in my sisters' room right next door. One time, it was thundering very loudly, so my sister threw pillows and blankets on the floor, then when to her doll bag and threw about forty stuffed animals all over me and my youngest sister. We jumped closer when sudden thunder struck and eventually fell asleep. Of course, if thunder wakes me up in the middle of the night, the only place I can go is my parents' room. I try not to wake them up but I don't want to startle them, me wrapped up in a blanket suddenly bursting into their room.

Wow, this was longer than I expected. I guess I'm pretty paranoid.[/font][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]When I was little, I read a book about how each president was assassinated. It deeply disturbed me, especially Lincoln's unsuspected death. I had bad dreams of people murdering my family and such, which really scared me.

And before that, I used to have a fear of kabuki masks, samurai helmets (ones that were designed to look fearsome), and statues with disproportionate eyes. Apparently when my parents drove me by Crystal City (a city near DC), I covered my eyes when passing a huge statue of a samurai (red, yellow, and orange color scheme). My friend's mother was a constume designer, and had ALOT of kabuki masks. One in particular was a pale one, with red slits for eyes, to mimic makeup I suppose. That one freaked me out the most, and it was at the bottom of the steps. I always sprinted by it back then, now I just kinda grit my teeth.

I found that this ... distaste of masks, disproportionate/fearsome statues still holds today, I discovered. My friend requested that I make him a signature of the Aegis and Athena. My God, that statue freaked me OUT. I told him right away of my deep seated fear of those things. Most disturbing was not the Gorgon on the Aegis, but Athena's head. Her eyes... so... large.... so lifeless...[/SIZE]

I always look back behind me or over my shoulder, whenever it's dark or suddenly goes quiet. I'm living out-of-town now, though I grew up in west (basically, the bad part of town).

There was nearly always something that'd happen every night of the week to do with [i]shooting someone or something[/i]. It's weird, because usually in a neighbourhood like that, you'd expect crime to be very high ranging from one thing to another, e.g. robbery, break and enter, assault, etc. But where I used to live, crime was mainly gun-related, of course, injuries and sometimes murder was also the case. There was really nothing else at all in my old neighbourhood. No robbery, no break and enter, no assault. Very weird.

I remember walking to the corner-shop with dad one afternoon, it was sunset, and we heard what sounded like a gunshot, very close. I remember saying to dad that I'd never heard anything so loud before. I was so scared, I wouldn't leave the house for a week. I was about 3. That's stuck in my head forever.

That has [i]got [/i]to have something to do with why I'm [i]very[/i] cautious of what's behind me, what or who's following me, for sure.

That's pretty scary sh!t to hear as a 3 year old, Fall. Sorry dude! :(

The dark isn't what gets me scared (I friggin' love the dark - it provides a beautiful difference from the daytime, where we spend most of our waking hours, and something about not being able to see the world around me strikes me as intriguing). What's creepy to me is staring into the mirror for too long. I know it seems stupid, but I feel more vulnerable while staring into the mirror than at any other time. Almost like my reflection could attack, or that something/someone is more likely to come out of the door behind me when I'm seeing it reflected.

I'm just wierd I guess, but that's what's scary to me!

[color=darkslateblue] When I'm out alone and it's late out (or very dark), I always look over my shoulder, or at least I always keep my head moving so that I see a 360 degree view (even though I look an idiot while doing it, that's ok).

Staying up in bed [i]all[/i] night? Even when I just finish watching some freaked out horror movie and there are random noises in my bedroom, I'm a sleep-whore, so I usually fall asleep immediately and forget about it, lol. The only thing that gets to me while I'm in bed is if I have a nightmare in which someone tries to kill me. :/ I wake up from it, and then I'm stock stll in bed with my eyes open for about thirty minutes, and then will myeslf back to sleep. Music definately helps. I don't sing to myself, but I just put my iPod on and wait until I go back to sleep. Yes, nothing like listening to Ewan McGregor confess his love to you via music after waking up from a dream in which some satanist was trying to kill you.

And... I freaking hate bugs. I'm one of those people who go 'EEEE!' at the sight of anything bigger than half an inch. I hate them. Urgh. And am also scared of them. *shudder*[/color]

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't paranoid .....

-"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." -FDR
-"What about snakes?" -Reporter
-"Yes, and snakes too..." -FDR

Well the first line is an actual quote from former President FDR ... well it might not be word for word but it's what i can remember from off the top of my head.

Anyway, I usually have a good veiw of my surroundings. I can usually 'sense' when people come up behind me. My friends are always trying to sneak up on me but i usually call them out before they have the chance to do anything and without even turning around to confirm that anyone is actually there . My older bro is really good at sneaking up on me though so i pretty much never notice that he's right behind me untill he makes his presence known.

I've always looked over my shoulder- no matter where I am. It's an irrational fear that I've had for as long as I can remember- a fear of someone watching me. I don't know where it stemed from, but in the last few years, it hasn't been as bad as it was.

My boyfriend has alot of irrational fears- but his stems from his childhood.

I'm fortunate enough to not get scared by myself. Mostly because I believe if anybody came in I would make creamed pie of them unless they had a gun.

When I was younger I was scared of everything from aliens to bigfoot when we were camping. I grew out of it in High School. The only thing I might do is look over my shoulder, but I can't recall doing it recently.

I'm a person very afraid of most things in the world. When I'm alone I do get scared by myself and always sing to myself, look over my shoulder and hang onto my baseball bat. I live on a town that my brothers call a ghost town, is always quiet and people only hear the doors closing, trees at night moving, thunders, power goes out so I'm really scared most of the times.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Garamond][QUOTE]Other than that, when it's really dark and I go to turn on a light , there is always that flicker of fear that, when I turn on this light, a horde of Zombies will be standing around me, or some dude with a chainsaw, or Buckley's Caugh Syrup... Scary stuff. [/QUOTE]

OMG, you too?! I am TERRIFIED of zombies. Terrified...No reason, I just am. But lately I have been speculating that since my dad watched Star Trek with me when I was little, it might have something to do with the Borg...-shudder- And another thing, something I just realized. It looked like Erriku hadn't really posted any feedback on his thread, so I was thinking, "What if he's just trying to figure out what our fears are so he can use them against us?"

Irrational, stupid, I know...But I can't help it. I don't look around the shower curtain, because, well I don't have one. I have those clear, distorted slidy doors for my shower, but if I get to thinking, I will find myself looking at the door, just KNOWING that someone's about to waltz right in...And, like Lunox, I'm a sleep whore, so I don't tend to stay up all night. Unless I've watched a zombie movie before going to bed. I don't look over my shoulder too often, and I don't sing to myself when I'm scared...But only because I don't want the zombies to know where I am...[/FONT][/COLOR]