OtakuBoards

Divine Kinship [M-VLS]

Kamuro

[color=darkslategray]][size=1]As he walked, Hauken inched his blade out little by little, as he had put it back in it's simple leather sheath. A rustle and crunch of the ground ahead told him to take some sort of action, he didn't know if the others had noticed the two guards walking patrol, one with a jian, and one with a simple spear.

[b]"Isn't our job to wack the guys that are around the castle and stuffs?"[/b] Hauken didn't really bother to keep it quiet, and Tetsuya looked down at him with a hint of a smile.

[b]"Yes, it is."[/b]

[b]"Great...'cuz Hyourinmaru is gettin' a little restless."[/b] With that, there was a rustle of leaves, and when Tetsuya looked back, Hauken was gone. About 30 feet up, Hauken had dispatched the guards. Picking up the weapons, he pickpocketed a few throwing knives off of one, and a key off of another.

[b]"Never forget to pickpocket the enemy. They ALWAYS have somethin' useful."[/b] Annouced Hauken, Hyourninmaru strung across his back causally, as hs swing the rather rusted key from the small loop of leather it had been tied on. Tetsuya and the others were a bit dumbfounded as Hauken's hand slipped into his pocket, pulling out the stolen throwing knives.

[b]"Now how many do we got her-"[/b] Hauken was cut short.

[b]"How did you get all the way up there in a split second?"[/b] Hauken peered upwards at Fayth.

[b]"I told ya guys...my father had a technique."[/b] He was rather annoyed, and tried to figure out what would be fair to do with the throwing knives as Fayth spoke again.

[b]"You never said what it was."[/b]

[b]"Displacement Step. The moment of the body's eneriges to a different spot seen or transversed already in the user's mind."[/b] For a small bit, Hauken sounded more intelligent than most had probably thought him. He held up two knives in between his fingers, and offered them to Fayth.

[b]"Everyone gets two, use 'em, retrieve 'em, and don't lose 'em."[/b] He really didn't care if he seemed bossy or demanding or not, he knew that if they lost these, they lost a good chance for stealth. Not many would know how to use them effectively, so he spent a few minutes showing the basic grip technique. He was a master of thrown weapons along with his Hyournimaru.

[b]"Alright...we all ready to sneak in, bash whoever the hell we need to bash, and get out with group one?"[/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Rafael felt an arrow dive into his left shoulder and sent messengers of agony through his arm and to his brain. He screamed, but his cry was lost amid the pounding roar of battle. He gritted his teeth with hate, and shoved his rapier through a man?s face, and buried his dagger into another man?s throat. Blood soaked his clothes, oppressed all of his senses, consumed.

?TAKE THIS!? he yelled in berserker bloodlust. His rapier immediately impaled anyone he could reach, and the blade was violently shoved through their body up to the hilt, then quickly withdrawn for another killing blow on the next face in the crowd. He did not stop, pushing forward through the crowd, past his comrades and deep into the enemy beast. Knifes and swords lashed out a him, only to be dodged by Rafael and catch their comrade in such close quarters. The lucky men who managed to swing well enough had their blades swiftly beaten down and were soon dead. He was completely lost in the crowd, but continued to kill, to thrash violently through the men. Every so often he would see a soldier fly up from behind the heads of his opponents, and knew it was his comrades. They were too far behind, and he could not turn back now.

[I]I?m going to burn the castle to the ground. I can?t make it out anymore?[/I], he woefully reflected as he cut down another man. He tried not to get bogged down in any individual fights, to shun the increasing pain in his left shoulder blade, and slogged through the bodies to the opened gate, with new troops pouring out.

He slashed and hacked, but was occasionally cut by a lucky blade, and his wounds were agitated by his constant state of motion. Despite his misfortune, he made it through the gates, and got through the thick cloud of soldiers, only to be greeted by a row of musket men with their guns loaded and their hammer?s cocked. He gulped hard, and jumped right as they opened fire at him. The bullets of lead zipped underneath his feet and into the soldiers behind him. He came down upon the lieutenant?s skull with his rapier digging its way through his sinew and bone. A large fountain of blood flowed out as he pulled out his weapon to finish cutting down the reloading men.

To his surprise, a flurry of arrows, five to be exact, landed on his back from a group of men on an opposing turret to his position. He yelled in pain, partially from the surprise, and took note of every motion he made, realizing the excruciating pain stemming from each. His arms spasmed involuntarily from the shock to his nervous system, but his mind remained unmoving, and he raised his sword again in beastly protest. He was a wounded lion, murdering the deer who managed to have the misfortune of coming into too close quarters with the man, but a beast who was slowly dying with each passing second. He had no choice.

?GIUSTO! I SUMMON YOU FORTH WITH THE FAMILIAR TECHNIQUE!? He raised his sword in the air, completely ignoring the pain that arose from such a swift movement, and it was filled with writhing electricity, dancing magnificently up and down the tempered blade. Bolts flew off it, searing the flesh off the soldiers, all of which were wearing metal armor and carrying steel swords. At long last, the beast within his sword appeared just as horrible and fearsome as his duel with it. Giusto nodded quickly at Rafael, then moved to toss screaming men aside as if they were toys, burning them remarkably as he touched them. The electric current leapt from man to man, due to their close quarters, but the electric current faded them more men it went to. That did not stop Giusto from protecting Rafael, throwing balls of electricity into groups of archers, tearing heads off of infantrymen as if they were toy dolls. Rafael would have given Giusto an approving nod, but at the present, could not risk to spare the extra effort doing so.

?Gi..usto? hit the powd..r? inside? deeper? the castle?? Rafael mumbled to his comrade, who turned and sprinted into the depths of the castle, plowing through the servants and reinforcing soldiers he cam into contact with. Rafael turned his eyes back to the converging crowd, hoping his party would be able to get to him before the arrows, the bullets, or the blades would.

Meanwhile, Giusto weaved in and out of corridors, trying in vain to find the gunpower room, so he could detonate the castle. Rafael knew that too much electrical current would excite it and in turn, blow up a good portion of the castle. He just hoped that the said portion was not the place where he was feebly standing on.
OOC: I hope that was okay... Comrades! Save me! =P[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#AD651F][FONT=Garamond][b]"Alright...we all ready to sneak in, bash whoever the hell we need to bash, and get out with group one?"[/b]

Fayth circled the soldiers, her face skewed in deep thought. Her eyes flashed towards Rieur, who nodded in reply and approached the soldiers. Fayth then faced Hauken and answered him: [b]?No bashing. Not yet.?[/b] Rieur took one of the guards? helmet off and chucked it to Tetsuya. The swordsman caught it with one hand and inspected its inside with the other.

[b]?What?s that for??

?Well? Leader said stealth, yeah?? [/b]Rieur asked. By then, Tetsuya was adjusting the helmet over his head (?Alright, Tetsuya?? Tomoya asked. ?A little musty but I?ll manage,? echoed Tetsuya?s voice from within the helmet) while Tomoya undid the straps on the soldier?s armors. [b]?Can?t really cross that,?[/b] Her finger pointed to the expanse of desert that lay between the forest and the fortress walls. [b]??With those.? [/b]

Hawk-eyed archers were posted atop the fortress? southern wall and from there commanded a full view of the featureless expanse that lay between the forest and the fortress walls. No rock or shrub was large enough to serve as cover for a person, much less for a company of five.

Hauken nodded. In silence, the company prepared to enter the fortress.

+---------+

Two soldiers on horseback rode to the South Gate, towing behind them five civilians, each with his head covered and his hands bound to either of two ropes. While three walked behind the horses, two were being dragged on the ground, probably unconscious from the fight with Lord Daichi?s men. Yet the archers remained wary, and their eyes followed the company as it slowly trudged to the entrance. Fifty arrows were nocked and ready by the time the riders stopped at the foot of the watch?s tower.

The watch's voice rang clear across the plais as he shouted the challenge to the company:
[b][i]?For many nights, the watch of Suma has been awakened??[/i][/b]

A few minutes ago, another soldier had passed through the South Gate and shouted the answer loud enough for Rieur to hear. And this was what one of the two riders repeated to the watch:
[b][i]??By the crying plovers of Awaji Island.?[/i][/b]

At the watch?s signal, a door to the right of the massive gate creaked open. A guard came out and talked with the two for a while. He eyed the captives for the last time before he went in. The soldiers and their hooded captives followed him through the entrance and disappeared in the shadows of the room inside.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sasurai swung away recklessly, both swords drawn and clashing with those of the opposing force. The team was doing well, but there was just so many. [I]Damn[/I] he thought to himself, feeling a blade quickly slice across his chest and disappear into the throng of oncoming soldiers. It was to much, fighting off swords and arrows at the same time, they had to get closer. "Make a path everyone!" he shouted, the two women were still near but Rafael was gone. [I]Damn, where'd he go?[/I] Sasurai thought, his head swiveling back and forth as to confirm his disappearence.

His teeth gritted violently, the endless battle was beginning to wear on him. A loud grunt could be heard as his feet pressed hard against the ground and he burst into the air, sending enemy bodies flying in all directions. The wind beat against his face and as he began to fall he noticed Rafael far in the distance, close to the castle. It seemed he killed quite an amount of enemy soldiers, but he was in trouble. [I]I gotta save 'em[/I] his voice echoed, and as he returned to the ground the gold sword began to glow. It was just as he remembered, the 'Golden Dragon' was a symbol of good, and since his teammate was in danger it glowed a fierce yellow color.

Without even thinking he thrust it forward, watching as flames erupted from it's tip and scorched a path directly to Rafael. And so he ran, following the path of cindered soldiers as he made his way towards the castle, eventually reaching Rafael. Again he jumped to the air, but this time as he returned to the ground he thrust his sword deep into the sand. Fire encircled them and made it's way outward in a glaring shockwave, allowing the two a short time to prepare. "What are you doing all the way up here by yourself?!" Sasurai shouted down at him. "There was to many, I thought if I took out the front of the castle we wouldn't be bothered by archers or gunman," Rafael spoke, catching his breath as he stumbled to his feet. "Thats not safe, you could've killed innocent prisoners or servants inside the castle, and if you blow it up then how are we supposed to use it for temporary headquarters?!" Sasurai shouted again, throwing a rough punch, returning him to his place on the ground. "Don't try anything so stupid again, now call back Giusto, you'll need your sword power," he spoke sternly. Rafael obliged and returned once again to his feet.

"Now, I know you're not in the best condition, but you gotta help the girls get up here and into castle, we'll be able to make a stand there and use our strength and smarts to keep the distraction going," Sasurai ordered, wiping the sweat from his forehead. "What'll you do?" asked Rafael. "I'll take care of the castles frontal forces, the archers, gunman, whatever," and with that he turned to the group of soldiers approaching them. "Familiar Technique!" he shouted, raising both swords to the sky. Almost instantly the two-headed dragon from before fell to the ground, shaking the area as it's entireity nearly landed on top of them. "Hey big guy," Sasurai laughed a bit, "help Rafael, do what he says as long as you can."

So he entered the castle, it was oddly quiet, the majority of the forces had already left and fought on the front grounds where the rest of the team had been. He walked several stairways until he reached a long balcony, the one cluttered with archers. He took a deep breath, and then burst around the corner, dismembering his first two opponents instantly. He made his way down the line, killing each soldier in the way. Arrows were basically useless at such close range, and they all made easy kills even without his sword power. When he reached the end he looked over the side and saw Team 2 far in the distance, making their way to the back of the castle. [I]Good, they're almost here.[/I]

[B]OOC: Nice job guys, we're nearly ready to enter the castle and take it as our own.[/B]

[SIZE=1]Rafael looked at the stone ground, and then with hesitation, called out to his friend.

?Giusto, return.? Immediately there was a brilliant flash of yellow light that poured through every opening in the Castle, and an instant later, his sword gleamed with electricity once more.

?Alright, I?ll do my best, Sasurai.? He glanced back up at the ramparts, seeing musket men fire primitive firearms at his comrades, and archers popping shots off as well. Grimacing with every move, he sprinted into the castle not too far behind Sasurai, and turned to climb up a spiral staircase, where he guessed lay the men raining death on his comrades. He encountered two men, both of which he immediately dispatched with a swift slice at the neck.

At long last, he saw the backs of a great many men, firing clumsy guns, or letting arrows fly. They had no idea he was here. After a minute of slicing, he was soaked in the blood of his enemies, their bodies providing a continuous carpet on the floor. He ran back down the tower?s staircase, and had to stop several times from the pulsating pain in his back. He managed to push it out of his mind, and attack the remaining soldiers from behind their lines. In the distance, through the fray of battle, he could see the two women whom he had left earlier.

He stabbed another man in the back, and sent a great deal of electricity through him, killing him as well as a multitude of those surrounding. The metal armor was a great conductor. At long last, he reunited with the two, and huffed an apology to them as they killed the remaining soldiers left, trying to salvage a defense of the castle.

?I?m?s.o sorry for ? des..ert?ing you two. Are you alright??

?Yeah, better than you; that?s for certain,? Senka remarked with a smirk that angered Rafael. He channeled the feeling into the next man in his path; he did not think that his condition was any laughing matter; surely he was close to death.

Dorothy silently killed the last man with a snap of his spinal cord, and looked at Senka for a moment, then caught sight of the collapsed Rafael. He coughed up a bit of blood, and sat there kneeing in a slumped, crumpled sort of position with arrows protruding from his back. He vaguely resembled a porcupine.

?You need medical attention. Senka, please help me lift him.?

?Yeah, sure. It?s not my fault he?s this bad though!? The two women hoisted Rafael onto their shoulders, and carried him for the most part, when he couldn?t manage to take a few steps on his own. At long last, he was brought inside the castle, full of dead bodies. Senka dropped Rafael roughly to the floor of a highly decorated, lush room. Rafael stumbled to the nearest pillow, and kneeled on it, silently suffering as blood seeping into the silk pillow.

?I?ll go alert Sasurai his condition?s worsened. Senka, could you please make sure he doesn?t get ambushed by a stragler?? Dorothy then sprinted off into the confines of the castle. Senka shrugged in differently, and glanced at the pitiful Rafael.

?Damn you?re in terrible shape. What hit you?? She joked, but Rafael did not take it lightly.

?No shit I look terrible. I think it was just an arrow ? I only have the wind knocked out of me, don?t worry too much,? he sniped.

?Whatever, you should be grateful we didn?t leave you for dead. Us ladies are too nice these days?? she trailed off, then faced away, looking at the intricate wallpaper. Rafael did not attempt to fight back verbally, only mustering the strength not to pass out.

[I]I need these arrows out of my back?[/I][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=royalblue][i]The guy?s in pain and I?m definitely not one for comforting people. I suck at that.[/i] Senka cast a quick glance at Rafael. He stared right back at her, not missing a beat. She quickly turned back to face the wall.

?Well we?took the castle,? she said, shifting her legs around.

?Yes we did. You too slow to realize that??

A red-hot burn singed her face. ?I?m not slow at all.? She spun around on her heel and marched straight forward, coming mere inches away from Rafael. ?I see you have arrows in your back. I know you?re hurting like hell, even though you haven?t said anything. Maybe I am a bitch in your eyes, but I can tell you I?m not.?

?I?never said that.?

?Yeah, but you?re probably thinking something along those lines.?

[i]More than likely I?m wrong. What am I saying? I hate words sometimes; they just come to you in these horrible influxes?[/i]

The burning grew stronger as she slurred out the following words: ?I?m sorry ? didn?t mean it - it?s just ? I know I?m an obnoxious jerk ? don?t hate me, I?ve got enough enemies ? Sorry! Jezzus, I?ve got enough things on my mind then having to worry about relations with my fellow ?Kinship?pers.
?Kinshippers. I like that.?

Rafael quirked an eyebrow. ?You?re certainly?different.?

?Yes. Yes I am. Thanks for noticing. And now, these frickin? arrows of yours.? Senka stuck her head outside the room, surveying the bleak hallway of stone. ?Something tells me the doctor?s been killed. Probably by you.?

[i]Agh, I blamed him for this shit again. Dammit Senka, get your act together.[/i] Following the thought, she slapped herself. ?Ah, much better now.?

??Probably by me,? Rafael muttered in response. It was getting difficult to stay awake, not to mention pay attention or speak.

? ? and that?s why I?m gonna have to get those arrows from your back.?

That was enough of a jolt to get anyone back to reality.

?WHAT?!? Rafael shouted, his eyes shooting open. Immediately following, he cringed, gritting his teeth. ?Alright, fine, do whatever you have to?Just please?Don?t?kill me.?

?Nice. I?ll try,? Senka replied quickly. She checked in the hallway again, yelled something along the lines of ?DIE YOU STAGLER!?, and returned to the room once more, wiping the blood off her right-hand kodachi.
?The only technique I can think of for this is to pull. I don?t wanna chop off the shafts and have to amputate the heads. We don?t have the tools, the expertise, or the time.? Senka walked around to be behind Rafael. ?This is gonna hurt more than you can imagine. Kinda like being killed, sent through hell, killed once more, being burned over an open pit, and suddenly come back covered in blood.?

?And?how do you know this??

?I had to have arrows dislodged from my ribs before.? And without a second word, Senka gripped two arrow shafts and pulled. Rafael clenched his teeth tightly, grunting. She pulled harder, managing to get one of them out.

?C?mon, just a little more??

? ? yes, it looks like we?ve got the majority of this castle cleared. Probably a few soldiers here and there, but nothing we can?t ? deal?with?? Sasurai stopped dead in his tracks. ?Just [i]what[/i] the hell are you two doing??

Senka let go, Rafael dropped to the floor. Seconds later he stooped up.

?Whatever the hell you?re thinking, it?s [i]not[/i] that!? Rafael managed to say strongly enough.

?He?s 24, I?m 17 ? he?s seven years older than me! Not only that but we?re members of the Divine Kinship!? After a pause, she added, ?You are one seriously messed-up guy.?

Sasurai rolled his eyes. ?Yeah, I?m sure. C?mon Rafael, let?s get those arrows out before you die.?

?Don?t say that?? Rafael muttered, leaning back against the pillow.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Rafael gritted his teeth, but more blood managed to drip through them. He coughed, and his back was riddled with an unbearable agony.

"Ah... p.ainn..." he managed to mutter. Senka and Sasurai looked shocked, but hoisted Rafael to his knees again. Fighting to remain conscious, he heard even more bad news.

"Oh... that one's lodged there, but we can get the other two out."

"Well, we could twist it, right?"

"Rafael, bite this and don't open your eyes," Sasurai instructed as he handed Rafael a bit of leather to clamp down on. He followed the instructions, gritting his teeth as more gut-wrenching pain flowed through his body. His fingers twitched involuntarily, his nerves in shock from the loads of pain. He screamed, and shortly after, Dorothy ran back into the room.

"Sasurai, I was looking for you. But I'm glad you're here," she remarked calmly, in spite of the scream that curdled her ears. She did, however, spare him a glace and a furrowed brow. Two more spikes of pain were driven into his back. He screamed again, and he felt warm blood spill through his cloak.

"Shit! He's losing blood fast; Dorothy, tear the upholstry to make bandages, and Senka, you take off the damn cloak. I need to see how bad it is! Hurry up now, c'mon!" He shouted directions in a frenzy, which were quickly followed. Senka took off the robe, and saw a trail of blood spilling over, soaking his pants as well. There was an audible gasp.

"Oh my god... bandage him up quickly, and put pressure on the wounds. I'm going to get the others -- he needs pain killers soon." He felt more pain as Dorothy and Senka wrapped his slumping form into bandages and pressed on the wounds to stem the bleeding.

"H... ow bad it...?" He muttered through chattering teeth.

"You'll live," he heard Dorothy say before watching the world slide into darkness.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Sasurai stood guard outside the room while the girls tended to Raphael. Since the attack things had settled down dramatically, there was still much to be done, but for now it was best for the team to rest and heal before moving on. Luckily for them the castle area that had been penetrated was closed off from the inhabitants. Sasurai stood guard only as a precaution, since the kingdom's remaining forces were locked in the levels opposite to their own.

This is where the two team strategy would be invaluable. Team 1 had been locked and secluded from the main part of the castle and if they were to attack, the remaining forces would make a stand and wipe them out. Their opponent, however, had no idea that Team 2 even existed, if they could break in and successfully create a route through the enemy, both teams could meet up and conquer the castle on a united front.

This was no easy task, however. Sasurai hadn't talked to the other team since they'd lift his home and he had no idea how they planned on making their way into the castle undetected. Luckily all they had to do was get in undetected, once they were in they could go gung-ho if they wanted, as long as they made an opening for Team 1. Sasurai pondered away, his arms crossed and teeth scraping relentlessly against one another.

[B]OOC: Now it's basically up to Team 2 to enter the castle and do their thing. Members from Team 1 may still post, but we'll be resting up for now.[/B][/SIZE]

[size=1]Tetsuya rode on the horse for a moment longer, than sprung off of the horse, landing on top of the guard. He grunted and then fel unconcious. Tetsuya took off his helemt and took a deep breath. He then took off his armor as the others undid their binds and incovered their heads.

[B]"That armor was awful. I don't think the man who wore these last bathed. Blech."[/B] He tossed it all to the side and smiled back at the others. They were all weilding their weapons and were ready for battle. Tetsuya turned to Tomoya.

[B]"Well, I suppose we should keep a low profile untill we find the guards. We'll take them out, and then we'll clear our path to the front of the Castle."[/B] Tomoya nodded in approval, and truned to the rest of the group.

[B]"I think we should split up again. Three of us should clear a path to the top of the castle, and two of us should find the others. That way, once we're togather, all well nedd to do is meet the other's at the top and we can confront the King of this Castle together."[/B] Tetsuya agreed. He volunteered to clear the path to the top. Hauken smiled.

[B]"I'll go with Tetsuya. The chance to finally let go of all restraint and unleash havoc onto some soldiers."[/B] Faith stepped forward also.

[B]"I will go as well. I'd probaly be of more use ensuring a safe path for the others."[/B] Tetsuya and Tomoya nodded. Tomoya and Rieur ran off down the path ahead of them, and Tetsuya, Hauken, and Faith ran up the stairs beside them. They finally encountered a horde of soldiers standing guard. Tetsuya and Hauken smiled at one another. Tetsuya turned back to Faith.

[B]"Ready?"[/B] She nodded, smiling slightly. Tetsuya jumped forward and smiled. I think it's time to use that new technique. He held up GinryĆ» before him and roared at the ememies.

[B]"Great Dragon King Bahamut, lend me your power! Technique of the Familiar Spirit!"[/B] His blade glowed a bright silver color, and rays of light blasted forth from it, illuminating the room. When the light cleared, Bahamut stood there, glaring at the soldiers. Hauken summoned Fenrir, and Faith summoned Ryuujin. Tetsuya laughed.

[B]"We'll give you a ten second head start. Better start running."[/B] The soldiers ran frantically up the stairs, but couldn't escape. The stairway was gigantic, and all three spirit beats fit comfortablly. Bahamut shhok the ground underneath the soldiers, sedning them all plummeting back down the stairs, and sliding down the ice Fenrir had left there.

Ryuujin blasted hot flames onto the men, Bahamut sent a mighty blast of wind at them, creating a mighty tornadoe of flame around the soldiers. The fried bodies of the soldiers fell limply to the floor. Tetsuya jumped onto Bahamut's a back, Hauken grabbed onto Fenrir's neck and climbed on, and Ryuujin places Faith on his back, and the three creatures rode swiflty up the stair case.

More men lay ahead, and they were all flabbergasted to see three mighty mythical creatures charge up the stairs at them. They readied their weapons, but they didn't stand a chance. Ryuujin knocked them up into the air, Bahamut encased them in a whirlwind, and Fenrir froze them Tetsuya yelled to Hauken and Faith.

[B]"Good job guys! This'll be done in not time at all. Hopefully Tomoya and Rieur will find the others so---"[/B] An arrow flew past Tetsuya's head, cutting his sentence short. Tetsuya growled angrily at the warrior who had attempted to strike him, and had Bahamut shot a concentrated blast of electrical energy at him.[/SIZE]