OtakuBoards

Given The Choice [PG13 - LSV]

Skye

[COLOR=#003aaf][SIZE=1]Maria opened her eyes, and saw nothing but the sky above. It was dark, but illuminated by the many stars shining above, along with the strangely large moon. Suddenly, her head and eyes moved downward, facing over the outstretched field. It was empty. Devoid of anything other than grass. The creature she was visiting in turned its head left and right, but saw nothing but the endless stretch of grassy hills. The silence taunted her, and her host and she knew something was coming.

And then, she heard it. A sickening noise as something struck into and through the creature. It fell to the ground, and suddenly she felt it. A searing pain like none she had ever felt, right in her side. The creature looked down and let out a mighty roar, though weakened by the weapon in its side. The eyes briefly caught sight of its own body, and Maria realized she was in the body of a tiger, though it was quite out of place. Above her host stood a man in all black, his face hidden, and his black stallion standing impatiently behind him. He pulled out whatever it was he had driven into the poor tiger, leaving a disgusting wound in its lower belly.

The creature glanced around again, and suddenly the field was filled with the lifeless and bloody bodies of defenseless animals, humans, and elves and other creatures that inhabited Faeryworld. And then, the pain in her own body over took her.

The blood was all she could taste and see. There was something familiar about it.. and she realized. It was her own. The foul stench of the dead was all she could smell. The laughter of the man in black was all she could hear. The taunting calming cool of the grass beneath her, and the pain that was slowly fading away as she knew her presence in the tiger was dying, was all she could feel. The tiger's eyelids fluttered slowly to a close, and then it was dark. Cold over took her senses, but a faint voice persisted.

And she awoke. Spluttering foolishly, she sat abruptly upwards, her head having fallen onto the table. Kirra stood worridly above her, while Cissa banged through something noisily in the background. Maria blinked, squinting as the sudden flood of light burned her eyes. Though she was back in her own body, she was very cold, and was shivering badly.

".. if she'll be all right?" Cissa fussed from her spot beyond Maria's vision.

"She's fine, Narcissa. She's waking right now," Kirra comforted her while tenderly brushing aside one of Maria's fallen strands of hair. "We were worried.." she explained, turning back to Maria.

"W-What happened?" she coughed.

"I think.. I think you nearly died inside the tiger," Kirra sighed, as Cissa came rushing over with what looked like a large plateful of peanut butter.

"Eat this. It'll help," she said, forcing the plate into Maria's hands. But Maria wasn't done asking questions.

"If I nearly died.. What about t-.. them?" she asked, still unable to talk calmly.

"They'll be fine. You seemed to be the only one who was actually attacked by the--"

"Black Rider," Maria finished for her. Kirra paused, then nodded. "The tiger said something to me. Before I.. you know." Maria looked up, but Kirra was no longer smiling. She waited a moment before continuing.

"I-It was broken up. I could only hear fragments of her sentences.. But I think she said.. 'Save us from the Black Rider'. But she didn't literally say that.. That's just what I pieced together," Maria finished, shaking her head. Kirra stared at her for a bit longer, then got up from her seat on the table and walked back to her own chair and sat down. Cissa, however, insisted on hovering over her and forcing her to eat the 'peanut butter'.

While taking a bite, Maria looked at Micheal, but he was apparently not finished with his trance yet.

"So.. You aren't controlling these visions?" Maria asked Kirra when she had swallowed. And Cissa was right. She felt much better, and quite a bit warmer. Kirra looked up at her and shook her head. Cissa looked from Kirra to Maria and realized that now was not the time to pester Kirra.

"Come now. Eat up," she instructed, practically forcing the next spoonful into Maria's mouth. But Maria was concentrating on what she had heard before awaking.

[i]"Us.. the Black Rider.. Save us from.. Black Rider.."[/i] was all she remembered.

--
OOC: Hope you don't mind Squiggles. PM me if anything needs changing. (And I'm sure something does. <_<;; )

[B]EDIT:[/B] As per Squiggles' request, I have altered my post a bit, but not too much. And no, the tiger isn't dead. x3[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well Squiggles has told me to post and tell you all that she has a few rl problems that are keeping her occupied and that she must put this RPG ON HOLD. She did say, however, that she will possibly come back and try to revive the rpg. I hope this is possible because i liked it. Anyways thought you all should know.