OtakuBoards

Otakon Baltimore 2005

Luminaire

[color=darkred]Hi. I know I haven't posted in awhile, been working alot. Anyway, alittle while back a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to go to Otakon in Baltimore. Being only 17, I had to ask my mother. Originally she said "no". And last Sunday, she changed her mind and now there are parents going too. My friend is running it by the group again, and I should be going.

Is anyone else going to Otakon?

Are you going to cosplay? If yes, who will you be?

Anyone up for a get together?

I should be cosplaying Robin Sena from Witch Hunter Robin, but I recently cut my hair really short so I have to make sure I can still do the hairstyle. I don't know if I will wear that for all 3 days.

~Lumi ^_^

PS: I'm willing to exchange cell numbers with anyone who wants to meet up.[/color]

Yeah, everyone who is in the area should know that [b]Otakon 2005[/b] is going to be held from [b]August 19th-21st[/b] at the [b]Baltimore Convention Center[/b] in [b]Baltimore, Maryland[/b]. Man, all that random bolding makes me look like a geek.

I signed up ages ago with a group of people, so I'm definitely going to be there all three days. I've been attending for the past two years, but due to scheduling problems I could only go one of the days during it. This time, though, I made sure to mark the date on my calendar, pre-register and everything, and even arrange it with my friend who lives about 15 minutes away to stay at his house (though I think we might stay at his Aunt's, who lives.. within walking distance XD). This year will definitely prove to be the biggest one yet, and I am totally ready for it. I just have to get the cell phone numbers of all the people I want to hang out with there, because you [i]will not[/i] find them by walking around.

I'm up for an OtakuBoards get together of some sort, so sure. haha

BTW, Dagger, if you wanted to merge this with the Anime Conventions 2005, you can find that [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=47906"]here[/url].

Oh man I hope I can make it but I've been pennyless for way too long. Hopefully I can earn enough money to pay my share of a hotel and for admission before they stop taking orders.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I hope I make it.

[quote name='Syk3]BTW, Dagger, if you wanted to merge this with the Anime Conventions 2005, you can find that [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=47906"]here[/url'].[/quote]
I think I'll keep them separate for now. Thanks for the link, though.

In my case, Otakon is getting trumped by other priorities this year (for the nth time in a row--I'll go someday, I swear). But it's not like I'm swimming in money at the moment anyway, so it's probably for the best. I really hope the new licenses are more exciting than those that came out of AX... it's a pretty depressing sign of the times that the only series ADV announced there was Macross SDF--which has already been previously released by at least two different companies. Meh.

At the moment I'm mainly interested in seeing what FUNimation comes up with. They've told us about all their new GONZO series, so perhaps now it's time for some shoujo. They took a chance on Kodocha--maybe they'll take a chance on Full Moon wo Sagashite. Hope springs eternal, I say. And of course I'm rooting for them to announce Hunter x Hunter and/or Bleach, if only to prevent either series from going to Viz.

I'd be incredibly happy if Geneon snapped up Emma (and the second season of Kyo Kara Maoh), or if anyone got AIR. Seems pretty unlikely considering the current market, however. :animesigh

~Dagger~

Their is a good chance I am going. Most likely I will only be thier for one day, as I am low in money and cannot afford a hotel room, since I live in New Jersey. I have always wanted to go to an anime convention, but have never had transportation or enough money. Anyway, does anyone know the best day to go?

I too will be going, for all three days at that. I have a friend who invited me to stay at her house, so no hotel fees for me. I'm going with some friends from college, w00t.

I will be cosplaying as a Turk, from FFVII... that shouldn't be too hard to spot. An arab dressing up as a Turk... *shakes his head*

I also wouldn't mind saying hello to a few people from Otakuboards, though I know not how we would recognize each other.

Well, speaking of not posting in a while... heh.

I will be going as well. I believe for all three days too. I was going to Cosplay as Mario while my friend did Luigi, but I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go until a few days ago. So that means that I will not dressing up. *lone tear*

I am only going for one day, Friday. I won't be cosplaying, since I was not sure of my plans until too late, along with the fact I don't have any money and I am not good with a sowing machine. I might be able to go on Sunday too, but I am going to have to take a train up there. I am going with 2 of my friends.

I'm sooo angry. My father scheduled our trip to Florida right in the middle of the convention. I was going to go with my mother and my friends, but noooo, father had to have his trip. Someone has got to email me and tell me all about it. Check out my profile for my email, it should be there. Hopefully... :animecry:

I will be attending this con for the first time this year. No money for cosplay in the true sense, but I do have a little something generic I threw together from stuff I had in my closet :) (strange that I have cat ears, tail in my closet I guess)

My boyfriend and I are attending Sat evening and Sun. Got a cheap hotel room 10 miles away and will drive in and park. Still cheaper than the hotels right around the BCC. We live in Philly, so the drive wouldn't be too long, but we wanted to be able to stay late on Sat night without falling asleep driving home.

Oh yeah, referring to cosplaying, I forgot to mention that I won't be dressing up. I have this thing about not dressing up in a costume unless it's absolutely perfect, right down to the smallest button, pocket, or rip. Plus I'd have to look extraordinarily like the character, haha; I guess you could call me obsessive, so yeah. :p

I'll probably end up wearing some anime stuff in one way or another, though. I have a necklace from Berserk and a couple anime shirts, so there's a good chance that's what I'll have on if you are going. I might also try to do something that shows that I'm from OtakuBoards, too.

[quote name='Killer7']Their is a good chance I am going. Most likely I will only be thier for one day, as I am low in money and cannot afford a hotel room, since I live in New Jersey. I have always wanted to go to an anime convention, but have never had transportation or enough money. Anyway, does anyone know the best day to go?[/quote]I think I should mention this in case people are unaware: there are no one-day passes being sold this year (not sure about two-day, though), and there's a chance that they might not even be selling passes of any sort at the door, so you'd be taking a chance by just showing up.

[b]Reminder:[/b]

Since this thread got bumped back a bit, I just wanted to remind everyone that Otakon is starting tomorrow. If you're going, you should already know that obviously, lol, but this is also the last chance to organize any sort of meeting.

My friend and I just got our badges after standing in the longest line of all time for a couple hours. But it wasn't too bad, I suppose, since he knew some people and we jumped in line with them, so when they finally opened the door we were out in about 45 minutes.

I've also already started planning things that I'll be doing during the con, like video and tournaments and such. In terms of tournaments, I'm going to try to get into the DDR, Melee, and Double Dash ones, haha.

The first and only day I am going to is over. It was really confusing there, I got lost a few times. The only problems I had were the lack of game systems for play, every one always had a really long line, and the fact that almost every anime was subbed, I don't usually mind this, but in a theater crammed with people 6 inches taller then you, it is kinda hard to read. Other then that it was really fun, and I got some great deals in the dealer room.

I realize that the convention is over and that I'm probably a little late for this thread but I went to Otakon 2005 with two of my friends! I went as Fiona from Haunting ground and I carried around a little white dog plushie that I called Hewie.

One friend went as "The Prince" from Katamari Damacy, and she had this cool head because she could velcroe(sp?) the face over her own so she had the prince face!

The other friend was Valtiel from Silent Hill... Valtiel is the Waste Management meaning he drags away the dead bodies! :p